awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
Yvaine's Plotter
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 18:00:03 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Montserrat+Alternates:600,700|Inconsolata:400,700|Roboto:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.unb-contain] --unb-accent-1:#c2082f; [/newclass]

[attr="class","unb-contain"]
[attr="class","unb-img"]

[attr="class","unb-app"]

[attr="class","unb-body"]

The Scars of my Past, Present and Future

This is my origin

Who am I?

Yvaine Varron, 31, mercenary/bounty hunter, pansexual demi-romantic
[break][break]

Born and raised in the Chroma Highlands, Almia. Mother's not in the picture (but may become a future wanted ad). Father hails from Oblivia, which is why Yvaine has an innate interest for myths and legends. Like her father, she was meant to follow in her father's footsteps and become a bounty hunter ever since she was little, and has been trained as such. For her sake he remained in the Almia region until she was seven, after which they started traveling to other regions.
[break][break]
When Yvaine's own mercenary career began she quickly made a name for herself under the alias "Monarch", and showed her tenacity when a joint operation with several other mercenaries went awry. One of her mercenary friends turned on her, and with them the entire group, and in an attempt to try and stand up to her former friend he instead sent his partner pokémon to attack her, nearly making her lose her eye in the process, and leaving her battered and bruised while they pursued treasure instead of the actual target. All alone and wounded she still managed to complete the original contract, and has sworn bitter vengeance on the ones who betrayed her that day.
[break][break]
Ever since, Yvaine has kept private and work-related matters separated, allowing herself to make no ties that stretched beyond professional. All until the events of the Ranger Redux, which has left her wondering about most of her old beliefs. Now doubt has seeped in on whether she should keep herself secluded from others or not, and whether the path she's walking is the one she truly wants to follow.
[break][break]

Generally looking for:

friends, fellow mercenaries, etc
[break][break]

Reply below or DM @ aura on Discord if interested!

This is my origin

It's where I'll start again

When she was 7 her father finally took up bigger contracts again, and one came along that required him to go solo for a time far longer than he was comfortable with, as it meant leaving Yvaine alone. So she was left in the care of a 'foster family' until she was 10/12 years old. Either her father and the family's parents knew each other well enough for him to ask this favor, or he could have just dropped Yvaine at the front door of a family he deemed good enough. (I'm open to discuss the time she stayed with them and how she ended up with them, etc.) Region of the family's origin is OPEN, as her father could've moved to said region for the job.
[break][break]

seeking

Someone's family she could've temporarily joined during this timeframe, and potentially have become friends with said character.

This is my Time

my time to shine

After her father returned and started taking her along on his travels and (less dangerous) jobs, Yvaine's training to become a bounty hunter started in full. She however wasn't alone; her father had taken another protégé under his wing and would train the both of them in everything he could teach them. They get drilled in survival skills, the arts of close combat fighting, tracking, recognising wild pokémon and their behavior (aka, you're a walking pokédex in regards to common and uncommon pokémon from most known regions), and a minimal amount of tech education. There was no resting under his tutelage, but the ruthlessness of his training are why your skills are what they are now. When the time came to spread your wings, you did. Did you join the mercenary brand, or did your path take you elsewhere, to Team Rocket, or the League, perhaps?
[break][break]

seeking

Potential childhood friend/rival; someone who traveled and trained with her under her father for about 8 years, preferably around Yvaine's age, but can be a few years younger. Mostly a friendly rivalry, but I'm open to making it more dramatic if wanted.

I Remain Unbroken

stronger than before

More specifics will be added later on, but will most-likely involve the mercenaries that betrayed her during the above-mentioned events at the beginning of the plotter. Either they are still enemies, or have hopes of reconciling as threads progress. May entail hunting down the lead traitor that was once Yvaine's best friend.
[break][break]

seeking

Scrumptious mercenary traitors. DM for more detailed info!

You don't have to be alone

all by yourself

Jobs! As a mercenary and bounty hunter she's there for literally everything. Need protection? A tough bodyguard? Need to track a pokémon, someone, or something down, or to have them found or disappear? She's the woman for the job! The only thing she will decline is when the pokémon involved will be tortured or hurt in unnatural ways (yes, mostly looking at you, Team Rocket!). TR can still recruit if she's left in the dark, as she won't ask unnecessary questions unless obviously dubios in nature. Otherwise anything flies.
[break][break]
Current excelling skills: Mountaineering, close combat, wild pokémon behavior, tracking, and survival arts.

[break][break]

seeking

Employers! One-time gigs, temporary employment, you name it, and she'll do it!

I know this whole damn city thinks it needs you

but not as much as I do

Yvaine's a demi-romantic pansexual. Although she isn't above the occasional flings, she never fully committed to romance after the betrayal 11 years ago, and has been having a hard time doing so still. She's been so focused on her solitary life as a bounty hunter that she's been purposely avoiding things that could become a possible weakness or distraction, only to forget how to truly "live" life and how to enjoy it. However, with recent events she's become doubtful of her solitary lifestyle, and is carefully trying to explore Hoenn's dating scene again.
[break][break]

seeking

Any of Hoenn's ladies, gents, and non-binary hot stuff willing to take a throw at Yvaine's heart. Flings are welcome, past or present, but an endgame ship even moreso.

[attr="class","unb-credit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.unb-contain] width:520px; background-color:#fafafa; overflow:hidden; border:1px solid #d9d9d9; border-radius:5px; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unb-img:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:500px; height:250px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mMY3io/3_copy.png); filter:invert(1); opacity:.1; left:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unb-img] width:500px; height:250px; margin:10px 0px 11px 0px; position:relative; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 5px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 5px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-app] width:50px; height:50px; display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; background-color:#fafafa; position:absolute; top:240px; border-radius:100%; border:1px solid #D9D9D9; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-app a] font-size: 15px; background: var(--unb-accent-1)!important; text-decoration: none!important; display: flex; width: 30px; height: 30px; align-items: center; justify-content: center; border-radius: 100%; color: #fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-app a:before] content:'\ecb5'; font-family: "honeybee"!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body] width:520px; background-color:#f6f6f6; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body h1] margin:0px 0px; padding:25px 25px; display:flex; background-color:#eaeaea; flex-flow:column nowrap; outline:1px solid #d9d9d9; border:1px solid #fcfcfc; font:700 36px/36px montserrat alternates; color:#aaa; color:var(--unb-accent-1); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, -1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body span] display:block; font:400 12px inconsolata; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, -1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc; text-transform:uppercase; color:#aaa; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div] padding:50px; text-align:justify; font:400 12px roboto; color:#9a9a9a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div h2] margin:0px 10px; display:inline-block; background-color:#aaa; background-color:var(--unb-accent-1); padding:2px 10px; color:#F6F6F6; font:600 10px montserrat alternates; border-radius:2px; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div b] font:700 12px montserrat alternates; color:var(--unb-accent-1); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px -1px 0 #fcfcfc, -1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc, 1px 1px 0 #fcfcfc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-body div i] color:#bbb; border-bottom:1px solid var(--unb-accent-1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-credit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:450px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.unb-credit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.unb-contain .th]font-family: "honeybee" !important;font-style: normal !important;font-weight: normal !important;font-variant: normal !important;text-transform: none !important;speak: none;line-height: 1;-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;-moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale; } @font-face { font-family: "honeybee";src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot");src:url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/7v31tyaf53kmcv7/honeybee.eot?#iefix") format("embedded-opentype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/awr1gt01c87aaxi/honeybee.woff") format("woff"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/hru9ka6dgfcgjg1/honeybee.ttf") format("truetype"),url("//dl.dropbox.com/s/xylorgamsf6fthx/honeybee.svg#honeybee") format("svg");font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Yvaine's Plotter
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 5:30:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FERNANDO X BRYNN

recovery from the darkest day

i didn’t see a plotter for brynn so i thought i’d slap this in here for record keeping.

fernando will be severely injured due to team rocket around the same time. i figured he’d be in the hospital for a good amount of time and if brynn is also injured, or just traumatized, that could be a good setup for why they’re together a lot.

for all his losses, and they will be heavy considering his character, his outlook will be very optimistic in a pragmatic way. fernando’s will is one of his strongest and most positive traits, which is what i think will help point brynn in the direction you want, along with being a good hook for further involvement!

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights