TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 16:32:11 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The sight of snow is all too familiar to her, bringing with it countless memories of a childhood spent at a place where its frozen presence never fades. It’s not the kind of thing she ever expected to see in Hoenn, but a mishap at the Weather Institute made the impossible possible for anyone visiting Route 119.
[break][break]
As a young researcher herself, she feels sympathy for those responsible for the accident.
[break][break]
As someone born and raised in Circhester, she fucking loves every single second of it.
[break][break]
”Oh! We should get some hot chocolate.”
[break][break]
Smiling as brightly as ever, she pulls towards a nearby hot chocolate stand without even waiting for a reply, taking full advantage of the effort she put into convincing him to come enjoy this impromptu snow day with her.
[break][break]
She’s excited and happy, and it’s like the cold doesn’t even bother her – as if she’s in her element.

[break][break]
[attr="class","rigidtag"] | MISSION

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #8999BD; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; font-family: roboto; color: #8999BD!important; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #8999BD; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none; border-bottom: solid 1px #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #8999BD!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #8999BD; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #8999BD; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 20:24:47 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Honestly, Elliott didn't know how the hell managed to convince him to come to route 119 with her. He wasn't the most jolly of fellows, and really, the snow was a bit of a bother to him. He wasn't used to it like his companion was, but...

Something was compelling him to go with her. Seeing her light up when he agreed, after a few minutes of persistent begging, made this fuzzing feeling appear in his chest. He had no idea what that was.

Could a person use cute charm? That wasn't possible.

Elliott was dragged after her to a hot chocolate stand, looking at the variety of options they could have. It sounded like a good idea, something to warm them both up after having built snow boys. His hands were a bit chilly.

"Okay. What kind do you want?"

He dug for his wallet, looking over the options before deciding to get one with a bit spice added to it.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
Sweet, little, unforgettable thing
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2021 21:36:14 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Mmm… Good question!”
[break][break]
She hadn’t really thought that far ahead, and looking through her options, Ceri brings her index finger to her lips, the wool of her gloves feeling cold against them.
[break][break]
”Maybe peppermint? Oh… You don’t have to pay for mine, though.”
[break][break]
Date as this may be, she would feel guilty if he were to just pay for everything, even if it’s such a small thing – no matter how broke she may or may not be. Her reaction would perhaps be different if she were with just about any other guy, but regardless of that, she brings out her own Nidoran-themed wallet when paying for a cup of hot chocolate topped with a candy cane and a ridiculous amount of whipped cream.
[break][break]
”How’s yours? I don’t think I’ve ever had spicy hot chocolate before… Do you usually like spicy things, Eli?”
[break][break]
The question is asked absentmindedly as she watches a few snowflakes fall, taking a sip from her delightfully warm drink.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #8999BD; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; font-family: roboto; color: #8999BD!important; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #8999BD; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none; border-bottom: solid 1px #8999BD; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #8999BD!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #8999BD; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #8999BD; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 1:14:51 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott's attempt to pay for both hot chocolates was thwarted by Ceri pulling out her own wallet. He couldn't help his snicker when he saw the Nidorans on the outside.

"You like Nidorans? Or are they just cute to you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

She just seemed the type to be drawn to cute things. Eli hadn't seen her room when he took her back to it on the sub after their slip into the water in Sootopolis, but he imagined it was full of cute things.

Watch him be proved wrong, though.

"Hmm? Yeah, I like spicy stuff. It makes food more interesting, you know."

He exchanged his own money with the worker at the stall, his own cup handed over to him. Cayenne and chili powder dusted the top of his, otherwise seemingly normal cup of hot chocolate.

"Do you want to sit down over there?" he asked, pointing to a small seating area that wasn't covered in snow.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 2:05:59 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

In truth, Elliott isn’t all that wrong, Ceri does love cute things, but what she finds “cute” about certain pokémon may be a little different from what most would expect. Take Nidoran, for example…
[break][break]
”Aren’t they just the cutest? I love their colours, and they’re really sweet… Even if a single scratch from their horns could kill you in seconds. They’re adorable!”
[break][break]
Adorable.
[break][break]
She likes Toxinology for a reason, okay?
[break][break]
”Ha… I guess that’s true, yeah. Spicy curry is like the best thing ever! What’s your favourite food?”
[break][break]
Usually Ceri is more of a sweet and sour kind of gal, but curry just hits different in a way that she can't really explain. Probably because it reminds her of her mum’s cooking. Nostalgia factor and all that. Just like the nostalgia that comes when seeing snow all around them and drinking hot chocolate.
[break][break]
”Sounds good, I’m kind of tired after putting all that work into the snowboys.”
[break][break]
She laughs gently, walking over towards the bench that’s so very unfortunately cold despite the lack of snow on it. Oh the horrors of winter weather.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 2:53:55 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott couldn't help the face he made at her. Sure, he knew Nidorans could be dangerous if provoked. In fact, his mother always told him never to scare one less he wanted to suffer the consequences.

He was glad, in this moment, he heeded his mother's words...

"Sure... I love it when a cute Pokemon can attack me and kill me in seconds," he said, his voice oozing sarcasm.

There was a reason he liked fire and dark types. Besides them looking cool. Okay, that was one of the main reasons.

Speaking of reasons...

Taking out one of his pokeballs, Elliott released Helios, his Arcanine. The fluffy, dog-like Pokemon was essentially a big heater under all that fur of his.

"Come here, boy. Give us some of that heat you keep all to yourself."

After settling on the bench, Eli allowed Helios to climb on top of them like a huge blanket. He was big, and he was heavy, but he wasn't crushing them.

"I like spicy curry... but my mother, she used to make this spicy noodle dish with seafood if we had the money for it back home when I was a kid. It was sort of like a treat. It wasn't often we'd get it, but when we did, it was amazing."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 3:40:18 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”They won’t attack you if you’re nice to them, silly! It’s the fact that they can, but won’t, that makes them so cute.”
[break][break]
Ceri grins as if that explanation makes any sense at all, but of course, she could give about a hundred other reasons why Nidoran are just adorable. Then again, she would say the same about her Crobat, Arbok, or even her Muk, so maybe she really isn’t the best judge when it comes to what is “cute”.
[break][break]
Elliott’s Arcanine, though?
[break][break]
Also adorable in her book.
[break][break]
”Oh my god, look at you… You’re soooo fluffy!”
[break][break]
Delighted, Ceri pets the Fire type while still holding onto her hot chocolate with one hand, relishing in the warmth coming from its large body. Why aren’t there more fluffy Grass and Poison types? Life really is unfair sometimes…
[break][break]
”That sounds so good!...Why only when you were a kid, though? Does she not make it anymore?”
[break][break]
It's out of experience that she knows that's one of those things that might lead of a shift in the mood of the conversation, but her curiosity triumphs over her common sense as it so often seems to do, and tilting her head slightly, she looks at Elliott.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 5:07:42 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Helios seemed to appreciate her compliments, his large, puffy tail wagging as he looked over at her. Elliott chuckled, petting over the striped fur of his back.

"Bet your poisonous Nidoran couldn't warm us up like my fire-type, hmm? he teased her.

He sipped his hot chocolate, relishing the warmth and delightful burn of the spice. It was a good combo, one he appreciated more than he thought he realized.

"Oh, I'm sure she does. I just don't go back to Rustboro that often anymore."

Elliott was usually too occupied with Rocket things or model gigs.

"Ever since I was scouted, I hadn't really had the time to see my parents. I send them money from my gigs and from the earnings I get from Rocket. But as far as going home... it's not a luxury I have."

One day, he wanted to get his parents out of Rustboro, at least the poor area the lived in. Into a nice house. He wondered if they saw the snow and got to appreciate it like he was.

"I'm not complaining. I'm happy where I am. I'm able to provide this way."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 6:42:08 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

There’s an inevitable pout when he teases her, a finger reaching up to poke his cheek.
[break][break]
”Eli, don’t be mean~”
[break][break]
Thankfully, she spares him a comment on how Nidoran are technically venomous, not poisonous, and how the whole “Poison type pokémon” thing is a really annoying debate in academic circles, because if she were to mention something like that she’d just keep on ranting and ranting. Ceri is well aware of how much of a nerd she can be sometimes, alright?
[break][break]
So, instead of ranting, she listens to the way Elliott talks about his home, watching him while drinking her hot chocolate.
[break][break]
”You get pretty busy, huh? You should go home when you can, though. I bet your parents miss you a lot.”
[break][break]
It’s a suggestion and nothing more, one that comes with a soft smile. Since, after all, Ceri knows all too well what that’s like; being busy, not being able to see a parent often and then regretting it…
[break][break]
”At least you can help them out this way. It’s really nice of you to send money home, a lot of people wouldn’t.”
[break][break]
It reminds her of her own reasons to join Team Rocket. A similarity she did not expect.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2021 21:11:23 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott only makes a face when she decided to poke her finger into his cheek, though his body leaned away like she had the strength to push him with that single finger. He decided not to push her buttons further, though he thought it was kind of entertaining to see her pout.

And cute.

"Yeah. I get busy during the holidays, with different types of shoots and stuff. They like to promote all sorts of holiday-based clothing and items with changing seasons, so the only time I'm really able to go home is a small period of time between spring and summer."

Even then, it was brief. He had Rocket things he had to commit to as well. Eli's parents were very understanding, but that didn't mean they didn't miss him. And he surely felt the same.

"They took care of me. I'd feel horrible not helping them out. We were close, when I was young."

Somehow, he felt comfortable telling Ceri about his past. How he had grown up. It just made sense to him.

"How are your folks?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 1:42:51 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Photoshoots, campaigns, endless products to promote…
[break][break]
It’s the sort of life Ceri knows nothing of, the kind of thing she has only ever passingly imagined for the hell of it when flipping through magazines. Thinking about it, it’s almost funny how different their paths are, and that out of all things, Rocket is where they meet.
[break][break]
”Woah, that’s crazy! Bet that must get really annoying for you… Although, your parents are probably really proud of how successful you’ve been, right?”
[break][break]
They should be, at least. Why wouldn’t they be? It’s obvious that Elliott works hard, and even though it’s silly and she can’t quite explain it, even she feels kind of proud of him when hearing about all that. It’s admirable, really.
[break][break]
”I can’t believe you won’t even spend Christmas with them, by the way. That’s kind of really sad… Are you gonna send them gifts, at least?”
[break][break]
The thought of all that inevitably leads her to think of how lonely her own holidays will be, and while absentmindedly petting the Arcanine, Ceri looks at the snow instead of looking at him.
[break][break]
”I–… Uhmm… I have a few relatives but we don’t really see each other often.” There’s a slight shrug, feeling somewhat awkward. ”I moved to Hoenn with my mum when I was fifteen. It was just the two of us for a while, and well… she passed away a couple of years ago, so now it’s just me.”
[break][break]
Just her. All on her own.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 2:59:55 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Elliott shook his head.

"No, I'm staying at the sub for Christmas. I just don't have the time to get there and back in time."

As soon as Christmas was over, he had another work day in store. But he didn't mind.

"It's okay, though. It won't bother me. Rocket is essentially a family in itself, right? They probably appreciate the money for utilities and stuff. I'll try to find a time soon to go back, though."

Maybe he shouldn't have brought up family. Eli stared at the white snow, his throat suddenly dry.

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up a sensitive topic."

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 3:59:40 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

”Oh! I am too. Maybe we should spend Christmas together, then.” She says it as a joke and with a laugh that soon turns into a grin, but in reality, Ceri finds herself thinking that that could actually be kind of cute. Much better than spending it binge watching Christmas movies in her room all on her own, at least.
[break][break]
”That’s really sweet of you, Eli. I hope you get to spend some time with them soon.”
[break][break]
She really means her words this time, even if the gentle smile she gives him becomes rather sad when the topic shifts to her own family. But, Ceri turns to him when he apologizes, and just like before, she pokes his cheek.
[break][break]
”Don’t be sorry, you couldn’t have known, and I don’t mind talking about it. I’m fine! Promise.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

Eli
he/him
April 13
Rustboro
bisexual
model/thief
elite
you've been
thunderstruck
92 height
92 height
awards
338 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elliott
Elliott Jenkins
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 4:14:17 GMT
Elliott Jenkins Avatar
Ceri insisted it was fine, but guilt was eating at Eli's stomach. He bit his lip, opting to finish the rest of his cooling hot chocolate. He was quite warm now.

In more ways than one.

With the hot chocolate finished, Eli looked around at the other things that people were doing along the frozen route. One thing did catch his eye.

Giving Ceri a nudge, he pointed to a few people ice skating on a frozen pond nearby.

"What are they doing? Isn't that a pond that they're on? Won't those things on their feet cut up the ice and make them fall in?"

It was clear that Elliott, even from entertainment, wasn't sure what ice skating even was.

close tab

played by

Azul

Glynn
She/Her
June 6th
Circhester, Galar
Pansexual
Xenobiology / Toxicology
Elite / Researcher
awards
493 posts
Ceri Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceri
Ceri Glynn
snow day [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2021 4:40:43 GMT
Ceri Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The silence is a bit awkward, but even though Ceri would usually be the type to push to keep the conversation going, she doesn’t for a moment. Instead, she focuses on petting the Arcanine and finishing her hot chocolate, only being distracted from her own thoughts and looking at Elliott again when he nudges her.
[break][break]
”Hm?”
[break][break]
Brows furrow slightly when hearing his words, and she has to turn in the direction he’s pointing to understand what he means.
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
Is he being serious?!
[break][break]
”Eli…” Even though she tries not to laugh, she can’t help a giggle, because to someone who has gone ice skating for as long as she can remember, the idea that he may not know what it is is just ridiculous.
[break][break]
”Have you really never seen someone ice skate before?! Oh my god… Now we have to try it!”
[break][break]
Beaming, she stands without even waiting for a response, her hand reaching for his as if this were the most natural thing to do.
[break][break]
"Come on! I'll teach you!"

[break][break]