awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 19:29:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The swirling clouds up ahead were what warning he would get, and then the downpour started.

“Whoa boy,” he remarked as he quickly zipped up his jacket and prepared to throw up the hood just in case the rain spread out far enough over the arena—but it did serve its purpose.

Now that it was pouring in buckets, it became harder to see—however the Flapple was stubborn, still resolute as it ricocheted off the Dratini once and came in for another smacking attack.

The problem with Rollout was that it locked the user in the same cycle, so it would become predictable to smack the attacker when it came in too close.

Which is what happened as the Flapple continued, coming in close and literally chucking its entire body at the Dratini once, before backing away and then coming in for another dive-bomb attack.

Flapple used Rollout!

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 20:01:46 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Thunder rolls in and the rain comes down harder. It is nearly impossible to see either of them now through the haze and the spray as it smacks against the ground.

What she can see, however, is that her little Dratini is still struggling to overcome her fear. Once again, she is knocked to the ground by the Flapple's ROLLOUT. Dirt clings to her skin and she shivers with fear and with pain.

It truly seems as though the battle is coming to a close, but Remi clenches her fists and shakes her head. This wasn't a battle, this was pathetic.

"Qi'ra! What would Teddiursa think if she saw you right now?"

She cups her hands over her mouth to project her voice through the downpour. It works, because the Dratini raises her head weakly from her flattened position in the dirt and grass, unsteady as she fights for strength. But the mention of her friend and her hero seems to spark something inside of her.

And on the other side of the field, Remi's words strike a chord in herself, too.

What would Roman think if he saw me now? If he saw the person I had become, a criminal, a deadbeat?

That's why she was here though, wasn't it? That's why she was fighting, and pushing herself. It was why she was challenging gyms, challenging herself.

"We're stronger than this!"

And just like that, the woman stirs something, a second-wind, maybe, in the little wyrm. Just as the Flapple comes back around for another rollout body-slam, the Dratini begins to undergo a full-body change. She glows, a pure-white haze in the rain, and manages to intercept and deflect that final blow.

When the white light fades, she is much, much bigger. Her body has doubled, maybe tripled in size. She is regal, beautiful, and floating.

"Qi'ra, you're flying!"

With a rapid twist of her body, she slaps the Flapple backward with a powerful, rain-boosted AQUA TAIL before rising higher in the air, body twisting and turning as she looms over the Flapple. She trills, confidence renewed with her evolution.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 21:09:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

See, this was the problem with Rollout—

Once it started, the Pokémon who used it was stuck in an endless loop until it either faded away by itself or the Pokémon using the attack would run out of steam.

And which one was the Flapple? It was the former. Another slingshot round of attempting to strike the Dratini, only for the Dratini to evolve in mid-strike—

Even the bright flash of light caught Alexei off-guard—and the Dratini wasn’t there anymore, replaced with a Dragonair—

“Switch!” he called out to the Flapple, who let out a shriek and finally unballed herself, before spreading her apple-peel wings as wide as possible and coming in for a Wing Attack after getting struck by the boosted Aqua Tail attack in the torrential downpour.

It was an all-or-nothing attack at this point.

Flapple used Wing Attack!

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 5:38:51 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
The impact of the Dragonair's tail is incredible. It times itself perfectly with the thunderclap above. Water sprays wildly as the Pokemon's impressive tail smashes against the Flapple. If it were baseball, that surely would have been a home run.

"Holy."

Before her very eyes, her child has blossomed into a beautiful serpent of the sky. It made the elaborate tattoo between her showers tingle with anticipation, with intensity. It took her breath away, positively.

Remi snaps herself back to attention with rapid-blinks at Alexei's shout. It might be the first thing he's said since the battle started. That must mean something, right?

Qi'ra twirls, righting herself clumsily after the aqua tail smooths out. But, given her extravagant and invigorating evolution, she has regained strength and pride. She is beautiful, she is powerful, and would not be bested by a pathetic slap and flap of the wings! Her own wings extend on the crown of her head, flaring defiantly.

The serpent composes herself, coiling and trembling with rage - not real rage. In one breath, the Dragonair unleashes an OUTRAGE, her voice causing the rain to scatter and the puddles to jump in fear.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 6:47:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Fact of the matter was that, the evolution had already guaranteed her the badge, now it was just a matter of completing the battle—

And the Flapple was caught by surprise at the sudden outburst coming from the now-Dragonair that she was facing. Who knew that was possible?! Either way, the valiant little Pokémon tried to edge her way in to land a solid hit, problem was with the Dragonair now going on a rampage it was proving difficult.

What with the thrashing around and the—

The Flapple let out a little shriek as the attack whacked her like a bowling ball, very nearly sending her out of the sky, but she was not going to give up.

Not yet!

Even if this was out of desperation, another Grav Apple came smacking down from the sky.

Flapple used Grav Apple!

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 6:53:14 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
By now, the rain has begun to go from a downpour to a drizzle. The clouds peel back to reveal the sun once more and yet the storm has only just begun. Dragonair's OUTRAGE continues with a vengeance. She rips right through the wing attack and into the Flapple, the magnitude of her draconic power overwhelming.

She continues to thrash and bellow, soundwaves crashing over and over and over.

So much so that the Dragonair does not even feel it when the GRAV APPLE strikes her and pins her tail tip to the ground. She is so long and out of control that she doesn't even notice that she is fastened to the end of her rope. She merely continues to OUTRAGE, lashing out with impossible power.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 7:44:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei already held something in his left hand—he was just waiting for the final axe blow to fall.

The Flapple was just as stubborn as the Dragonair, refusing to yield until the very last second—the thing is, they were both Dragon-types, so by default that meant that the Outrage attack was going to—

The smaller Pokémon let out a shriek as it was swatted away from the Dragonair’s form, but before it could hit the ground, a red beam of light rescued it from landing on the ground with a hard thud.

At the same time this happened, he was already hobbling across the arena, giving the Dragonair an approving look.

“Now that was some serious growth, in more ways than one!” he exclaimed as he approached her, holding something out in his left hand for her to take.

“Never giving up and surrendering when the odds are stacked against you—that’s what I like to see. Especially with how your Dratini overcame everything to prove herself. Congratulations!”

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 7:57:05 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
Now exhausted, the Dragonair comes to a halt, dizzy and confused after her outrage comes to a halt. She slumps, unsteady on her feet, not that she had any to stand on, and Remi is caught staring at the beast wide-eyed until she notices Alexei hobbling over.

It takes her a moment, but she lurches forward to assist the man, albeit awkwardly, and appears genuinely stunned when the man holds out his hand. Glittering in the palm of his hand lies a beautiful gold and blue badge. It leaves a lump in her throat as emotion threatens to bubble over the surface of her always-stoic face.

She keeps it together.

"Thank you. We uhh.. keep it tight."

Thank you, Roman.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
i will be [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 7:37:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: