awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2021 20:58:48 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

Okay, to be fair, this was one of the places he hadn’t been to yet.

Shoal Cave?

Fact of the matter was that it was the only (supposedly) place in all of Hoenn that was cold enough to have Ice-types available in the region—and it also spoke volumes about how ‘rare’ Ice-types were as a whole around the region. At least locally.

Either way, rumor had gone out that there were things left undiscovered, caverns unexplored—and people were being called to trawl through the place.

Though he wondered, would he be here alone?

At least he had Luxu around for warmth!

something awaits at the bottom of the cave?!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 0:09:30 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Of course Arashi wasn't alone!

When those rumors about unknown treasure being hidden within the winding Shoal Cave, Hideo couldn't resist the natural urge to investigate. More so when there were people requesting he do so; who could resist being paid to do the thing they wanted to do?

So Hideo made his way into the cave, accompanied by two Pokemon: a Froslass, who was well-acclimated to the cold, and an Ariados, who was...less so.

But rather than let herself freeze in Hoenn's sole natural refrigerator, she'd webbed herself up a nice sweater - with stripes running along it.

The inspiration for that fashion choice would be obvious.

But before any of them could travel far into the cave, they heard someone arrive a small distance away from them. Hideo didn't immediately know who they were, but he didn't discard the idea of working alongside them - this kind of stuff was easier in groups. "You here to look through the cave too?" Hideo asked aloud, waving to whoever it was he just spoke to.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 0:22:56 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

The Salazzle beside him was scenting the air, before letting out a certain hissing noise.

“Hm? Lu, what is it?” he asked, before a familiar voice caught his attention.

“Ah,” he nodded in the dual-type’s way, who looked very smug as he turned around to see that Hideo was here! This time accompanied by an Ariados who didn’t look too happy and another Pokémon he hadn’t seen before.

“Yo, Hideo!” he called out, knowing the other would follow the sound of his voice. “Come for the treasure too?” he added with a chuckle. The Salazzle beside him hissed softly, slinking down on all fours and scenting the air ahead of them.

“You think the rumors are true?” he followed up afterward.

“That there’s something nice down there?”

Nothing like a nice warm chat before going into the depths of what he guessed was Hoenn’s only ‘natural’ refrigerator-like location, right?

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 19:55:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
While he could definitely recognize the hissing of a Salazzle (which immediately put his two Pokemon on guard), Hideo’s attention was more towards the voice he recognized.

Hey Arashi!” he said, waving his hand towards where he heard the voice. “Yeah, I’m here for some treasure. Heard there’s stuff to be found here, if we look hard enough.” Could be something as exciting as a rare pokemon, or as dull as a frozen fruitcake someone left here years ago. Either way, there had to be stuff to find here.

Last time I did something like this was with Doug.” He could remember his little dungeon-delving session with . “Though that was in some ruins in the desert, so the terrain’s a bit different than this. But I’m sure we can handle it!

“We” meaning “you and me”, not just his Pokemon.

As for Arashi’s question if he thought there was anything here to find, Hideo just grinned. “Well, only one way to find out if there’s something here.” He pat his Ariados on the head, urging her on. “Squeeze here can lead the way. Come on.

The Ariados nodded, a small line of webbing shooting from her mouth and wrapping around Hideo’s wrist - which Hideo grabbed onto with his hand. The other end wrapped around one of her legs, she advanced into the cave, Hideo and the Froslass following them.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 0:57:22 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Always the thing with rumors, gotta check if there’s some salt of truth in ‘em,” he said with a chuckle and an accompanying shoulder shrug.

The Salazzle then hissed in his direction, before pointing deeper into the cave.

“Yeah, let’s go. Don’t want to get left behind out here.”

The Salazzle then dropped to all fours, skittering and slithering ahead of him while he took up the rear—someone always had to be the rear guard and that would be him in this instance.

Remembering that Hideo had already done something similar to this with John, he couldn’t help but ask.

“Did you two find anything in the desert, though?”

Ugh—the one place he would never go to. Because sand was coarse, rough, irritating—and it literally got everywhere, especially with his prosthetic joints. Plus it was a major pain in the ass to clean out, too.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 15:52:50 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded along. “Yeah. And even if there isn’t any treasure, we might find some other stuff along the way.” Special stones, rare Pokemon, or some kind of (hopefully pleasant) surprise.

As Hideo walked along, he could feel something familiar under his feet. Ah, the familiar threat of sliding along ice. Hideo remembered the last time he came to this cave, he’d spent almost the entire time sliding around; not a fun time for him, though his Dedenne and Minun had a blast.

Fortunately, Hideo was prepared this time around. “Mind helping out, Squeeze?” Hideo asked, his Ariados nodding. A line of web shot out from her mouth, reaching to the end of the icy floor. Planting it on a nearby wall, the Ariados guided Hideo over to it, which he grabbed on to.

He’d have to walk carefully, but having something to hold on to - and control his movement - helped tremendously. And Arashi could use it too: her String Shots were tough.

And the best part was he’d have something to talk about along the way, about his little adventure with .

We did, yeah. It was a little bag of gems that I traded with some meat buns I’d brought. We had to go through a hall of traps to reach it, and I’m pretty sure if we messed up on the swap, we would’ve had one more.

He had me take point, ‘cause it was some kind of test to see how well I could do. I’d say I passed, but I dunno if Doug actually knew there’d be something down there. I doubt he set everything up, 'cause some of those traps could’ve really hurt.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 3:03:15 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“That’s clever,” he remarked as the Ariados laid out ‘lines’ for them to grab onto so that they could skirt across the ice without tripping over their asses in the process.

The fact that the crystalline surface of the ice was mocking them as they slowly traversed through the place, making sure to hang on as frequently as possible.

It would regally suck if he fell and landed on his ass! Not only that, he didn’t want to know how frostbite would affect his prosthetics, too.

“You traded a bag of gems for—what?” he remarked, blinking at the story. “Wait, did you at least keep one of those stones for whatever you can use ‘em for in the future?”

Because anything shiny = valuable, in his mind at least!

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 22:44:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Yeah, it’s nice she can do that stuff,” Hideo said, his Ariados giggling at the compliment. “You should see the kinds of clothes she can make too! She even made me a neat pair of socks with her silk!” Though they wouldn’t be visible through his boots, and he didn’t intend to take them off to show them.

So he focused on his walk, clingy tightly to the line. The Ariados did as well, though she still held on to the line wrapped around Hideo’s hand.

The Froslass was fortunate enough to just float over the ice.

Nah,” Hideo said. “Shiny rocks don’t really mean much to me, so I gave them to Doug after we got out. I think Doug gave them away to a museum or something afterwards.” What use were shiny, colorful rocks to him? He knew he could sell them, but that was before he was preparing for the gym circuit; he was content with the money he was earning doing odd jobs back then.

You ever go treasure hunting before, Arashi?” Hideo asked as his feet reached non-icy ground. “It’s some pretty fun stuff! You just gotta be careful of traps laying around. Helps to have the right Pokemon around; I had a Lycanroc and Aipom with me for the desert adventure.

Truth be told, he actually didn’t know much about what Arashi did in his free time. Never really crossed his mind until now.

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 15:33:05 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“To be honest—I’ve only ever done… things. You… do you know of this story, where this guy takes from the rich and gives to the poor? I… do that kinda thing.”

Well, that was an interesting way of putting that he stole pockets to make sure he had money for himself, but it was the only thing he knew how to do ever since… ever since he’d arrived in Hoenn four years ago.

“Look, if I had to go treasure hunting, I’d be a mess. Remember the time we went into that cave and we accidentally caused a cave-in? I’d want to avoid that, it’s embarrassing, honestly,” he admitted.

Thankfully the Ariados was helping them out as they continued the trek across—the Froslass merely had to trail after them, without even touching the ice at all.

2yaz7yW9

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2022 19:35:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
It took a moment of thinking for Hideo to recall what story Arashi was referencing. "Oh yeah, I've heard that one! Fletchling Hood, right? Went around with his band of Merry Men&Mons, stealing from the rich to give to the poor."

It took him a moment to process Arashi was implying he was similar. "Well, I guess that's a pretty interesting way to live." He could at the very least be relaxed in that himself and his family wouldn't have ever been one of Arashi's "targets".

Hearing the mention of that Type:Null hunt didn't bring much relief, though. "Yeah, I'd rather not have that happen again," Hideo said, "But Shoal Cave is pretty stable, from what I hear. And I don't think the Pokemon here are keen on destroying their home."

From what he remembered, the main reason for the previous cave-in was the Type:Null going nuts and destroying everything - not helped by their own Pokemons' indiscretion in a life-or-death battle.

"Besides, it's not like we're hunting a deadly Pokemon this time. We're here for treasure." Rumored treasure, yes, but still treasure.

His otherwise silent/bemused Froslass made a noise, trying to get the others' attention. "Find something?" Hideo asked, his Ariados guiding him towards the icey Pokemon.

UH7O7kza

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
mystery awaits [m][ww]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 2:56:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: