he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2022 15:33:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could hear the distinct static-y sound of a comms device turning on, followed by a request for Rangers to return to base. It wasn't a clear message, but enough got through that the caller needed help. was quick to promise aid, though almost immediately after, asked Hideo and to keep looking around the area.

"Alright..." Hideo muttered, going back to searching for clues. By which it meant letting his Pokemon look for clues until they alerted him to something. His Lycanroc sniffed about while his Medicham just looked, his Hatterene focused on aiding the injured. "If a Ditto did all this, it must've been really well-trained."

In a moment, his Lycanroc let out a cry, rushing back towards Hideo and guiding him towards something.

"They're...little holes?" He poked away at them, noting the size and depth; consistent, and a pair of them. "If they're footsteps, then they must've been from something with a pair of really pointy feet."

His Medicham joined them, taking a look at the steps as well, before Telepathically giving Hideo a hypothesis.

"Maybe...they're like high-heels? You think maybe this could've been a person's footsteps?" If it were, they may have a path to the perp! "Rocky, do these make a trail?"

The Lycanroc dashed into the woods, following the steps as far as they went - and quickly returned. "Roc" it stated.

"No, and it didn't sound like Rocky went far. Maybe it's from the person responsible, and they flew off after failing to get the Champ's Pokemon under control?"

Post 2/8
Investigate Scene 1/2
Verbalize new hypothesis 1/2

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 0:39:11 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“It was my guess, really,” he replied in Hideo’s direction with a shrug. “You never know what any Pokémon are capable of—yeah, even Dittos can be capable of something when trained or handled by a specific individual…”

He heard enough of the transmission, and he sighed. Great, were they really understaffed as the rumors were? Not his problem though—they were out here, right now, and had to focus on the devastation that lay in front of them.

Once he was done flicking the leaves away from the Poochyena’s fur, the canine then jumped into his arms and caught him by surprise—for a few moments.

“Damn, whatever did this really scared the Pokémon, this one included,” he remarked, gesturing to the Poochyena that was now shaking only slightly within his hold. “Whatever had caused this much damage—really set out to terrify these poor Pokémon that live around these parts.”

His attention was then drawn towards the footprints—they looked like… high heels? There was a definitely imprint of some sort…

“Yeah, those marks do resemble high heels,” he chipped in as he crouched down to get a better look at the ‘footsteps’ that were headed off in a certain direction. “Either they had dinky little feet or they love wearing stilettoes or some shit. Ugh, stilettoes are the worst…”

As for Hideo’s hypothesis, he had this to contribute.

“Well, if they did fly away afterward… you think whatever left these footsteps also took off? Or hid themselves somewhere around the area? Either way, whatever left these footprints might still be nearby. We gotta be careful just in case they may be around somewhere and might, you know, either approach us… or attack us without warning.”

completed prompts:
• post 8 times total (3 / 8)
• investigate scene (2 / 2)
• verbalize new hypothesis (2 / 2)

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,224 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 15:17:21 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E

It's time to work.

"If that were its plan, I dare say it would've done so already." Gwyar said to , shaking his head from where he still stood.

Chin cupped in his hand, the man attempted to process the data laid out before them, running it back with everything he knew of past events in Hoenn.

Some of the pokemon could belong to the former Champion , but he wasn't truly acquainted with members of her team, save for the so called deity Groudon, as well as her affinity for ground types.

"... The hole into the facility was about the size of a door." He noted after a moment, before approaching the bulldozed remnants of trees, crouching before them.

He then turned his gaze towards were stood, humming in thought.

"For now, Young Hideo's thoughts seem most likely." Rising back to his feet, the man threw yet another look around, his eyes zeroing into the tracks of poison left behind.

Approaching cautiously, the man reached into his flapping cape jacket's many pockets to produce what appeared to be a small, metal case, opening it to reveal several vials, as well as a few disposable syringes.

Taking one of the syringes and plugging one of the vials into it, the man proceeded to extract some of the poison, before storing everything back into his jacket.

"This sample should allow us to figure out our poisonous friend's identity once we make it back to base."

The databases should have information on registered pokemon's poison's and venom's chemical composition.

Nodding to himself, Gwyar proceeded to smile broadly at the youths.

"Good job, you two! You would make worthwhile detectives!" Which the Sootopolis PD was needing many. Pity about their age.

With a sharp whistle, the man gathered his canines around him, before turning to the other two.

"Given what we've seen here... I propose we continue forth to Lilicove, once we are sent back to the field." He said, nodding. "Whether perpetrator or pokemon, the fact remains that the city has the most possible amount of victims. We must move quickly."

It was a pity about the Mt. Pyre Cemetery, but that could be rebuilt, and the route 120 was expansive and not particularly populated compared to the city...

"We'll inform other rangers; they'll take care of things on their end."

• post at least 8 time total.(4/8)
  • at least 1 participant should get the call to return.
  • as a group, decide which prompt you would want to explore: MOUNT PYRE, ROUTE 120, or LILYCOVE. this will determine part 2 and the finale. (1/3)
  • at least 3 participants(s) should mention what they’ve noticed and will include in their RANGER REPORT. (1/3)

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 18:07:02 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo felt a sense of satisfaction hearing Gwyar back up his hypothesis, though it didn’t put him at ease. “Gotta agree with Mr. Wledig; if it were still here, it had a lot of chances to attack us. Or just my Lycanroc.

Though he knew Rocky would put up one hell of a fight if it came to that. “Though if it really is a well-trained Ditto, we gotta stick together. There’s no knowing if it might try to turn into one of us to sneak up on the others.” As well as general safety in numbers.

If none of the other tracks go towards a city or a town, then we should definitely follow this one. It may lead us to who did this.” Or a Pokemon, but if it was headed towards Lilycove, it was best they stop it asap.

Hideo stood back up. “I guess we can also tell the Rangers that we tried our best to help out as many Pokemon as we could. I guess we could tell them to help out the Pokemon we…uh…” The word he was looking for was “stabilized”, but it eluded him. “Helped. My Medicham told me you already got a sample of the poison, so maybe they could use that to help cure them. Find an antitoxin or something.

And if we are following the tracks to Lilycove, we gotta find out if any Pokemon went elsewhere. If we don’t deal with those, someone else’ll have to. And it’ll give them time to prepare.” Finding tracks would be one thing, but they’d have to see where they went - not exactly Hideo’s forte.

Post 5/8
Mention what to include on Ranger Report 2/3
Vote towards where to go next (Lilycove)

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 17:25:30 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

There were multiple Pokémon that came to mind when the door-sized hole was mentioned, however he couldn’t draw any further… ideas as to what had possibly caused said hole.

“It’s very possible—more like obvious—that there could be more than one rampaging Pokémon on the loose, considering how varied the…damage is, and that they’re extremely dangerous since they were able to cause this much damage,” he mused.

“Whatever it is, I do not want to be on the bad side of whatever had caused all of this damage,” he gestured. “Definitely add that whatever had blown or crashed through here is obviously very dangerous and get whoever best Rangers are available to… to help subdue whatcaused this shit.”

The Poochyena had finally calmed down, and was now slumbering in his hold.

“…and I now smell of dog hair,” he chuckled. “No, wait, don’t mention that last part. Admittedly I can give this one a new home… pretty sure we can’t let this one back out into the wild now because of whatever traumatized the surviving Pokémon around here.”

As for where they were to go?

One part of him wanted to chase down whatever large obstacle had managed to wreck the trees, however the poisonous residue was… also a pressing matter.

However, though, it would look he was outvoted in the matter—considering he had a lot of large Pokémon that could potentially handle whatever had decided to call itself ‘large and in charge’ and rampage through the area.

“Well… I originally wanted to go chase after whatever was dripping poison and catch it, however I’m in the minority here, majority wins, right?” he added with a slight shrug.

“Maybe we can go after the other one after… after we’re done trying to catch who—or whatever—had run off to the city.”

completed prompts:
• post 8 times total (6 / 8)
• mention another detail to add in the Ranger Report (3 / 3)
• decide where to head next (Lilycove)

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 20:39:07 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo nodded to 's suggestion. "It's definitely gotta be more than one," he added, "Ditto or not, there's too many tracks going in different directions to be just one. I don't think one Pokemon would have enough time to fake that much."

"I wouldn't want to be on any of their bad sides either. But somebody's gonna have to stop them, 'cause I doubt they'll just settle down peacefully. Not after all the damage they caused here."

Unfortunately, their group could only (safely) go after one of the rampaging Pokemon. The others would be up to another group. The best Hideo's group could do was give them an idea what they'd be dealing with.

Hopefully, his Oranguru and Piplup had things under control in the city. And if not, they were unharmed.

Hideo felt the head-hand of his Hatterene tug on his sweater. She'd done all she could to heal the wounded and cleanse them of their poisoning, so there wasn't much reason to linger any longer. At least one was in good enough condition to take home.

Hideo turned towards .

"We're ready when you are, Mr. Wledig. We'll find out whatever made those pointy steps."

Post 7/8

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,224 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 12:01:29 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E

It's time to work.

The policeman jotted down the youths' words on a pad while they spoke, nodding along silently.

Estimated numbers: 2, possibly 3 rogue pokemon on the loose.

Estimated trajectories: Mount Pyre, Route 120, Lilycove City.

Estimated Danger:
  • Mount Pyre Subject [Large+ Size, estimated 3-5 meters; Great physical force, large cuts and crevices created through sheer force;]
  • Route 120 Subject [Large Size, estimated 1.5-3 meters; Poisonous/Venomous, sample obtained for cross-examination; Can create extremely precise cuts.]
  • Lilycove City Subject [Unclear size, possibly average; Danger, uncertain; As of this moment, it is unclear whether subject is human or a pokemon.]

He added several notes regarding the evidence surrounding them that lead to their reasoning, glancing down when Raki the Riolu returned with his phone in hand, the little puppy swiping through a gallery of photos taken from the city with far more deftness than Gwyar himself had ever displayed with the bloody thing.

"Well done, Raki." He said as he plucked the phone, glancing over the photos before nodding and turning his attention to and .

"And you as well! I do believe we've gathered as much as we could from here; shall we go back?" With a swing of his arm, a Gallade was released, preparing to teleport them all back as the rest of his canines returned to him.

• post at least 8 time total.(8/8)
  • optional: whoever posts LAST should compile the details each character would’ve wrote about into a small report to submit icly.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
LEAGUE BARRACKS 1E
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2022 2:09:32 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]RANGER RAID COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: