WRITE REPLY

the never-melting ice [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 21:33:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A shard of ice that never melted?

That was certainly something extraordinary. Yet rumours persisted that such a shard existed in the depths of Shoal Cave, among other mysterious artifacts and Pokémon. If such a thing truly existed, wondered how it related to creation, the stars, and, perhaps, Arceus itself. So, with little hesitation, he took this assignment:

LOCAL GEOLOGISTS & SCIENTISTS from Mossdeep have suggested there is much to be discovered at Shoal Cave. Venture deep into the cave system, avoiding treacherous terrain and preying Pokémon to grab an artifact from its depths. Who knows what you will find?

DANIEL the Litleo leads the way, albeit rather playfully as he runs around to inspect things like a dog off its leash. Garbed in a warm black clerical cloak with silver clasps, the bishop follows the winding frosted path they traverse. Deeper into Shoal Cave they go until, after rounding the corner of an ice cliff, they find themselves face-to-face with another (@nine ).

"Oh?" Benicio blinks, raising a single gloved hand out from his cloak to offer a wave in greeting. "Hello there. Are you a treasure hunter?" He kindly inquires as his Litleo rushes to sniff the other man's boots.

— Benicio turns a corner and runs into Nine in Shoal Cave; Litleo sniffs Nine's footwear
mission: a brumal bounty
@nine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 2:51:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
hover for info
honestly?

nine didn't give a fuck about what was keeping the ice from melting. as he saw it, he did his own thing and the ice could do whatever it was. but the actual assignment seemed neat enough, and he was feeling a bit restless on a day off- so, without really thinking about it, he had signed up for it.

which he was honestly beginning to regret now that he was actually here. shoal cave was cold, and nine wasn't sure that what he was wearing was going to help much.

fuck.

tax evasion and identity theft, two of his zorua, lead the way in front of him, one never going far from the other as they go deeper into the cave. and then, suddenly, a littleo bounds around the corner, and tax releases a few barks at the other pokemon as it goes to sniff nine's boots. half distracted, the man in question is torn between trying to pet the littleo or speak to the stranger who had followed. eventually, he gives in, and lifts a hand in return.

"no. just got curious about what was going on." he admits, and hopes that the shake in his voice from the cold isn't too noticeable. "is the littleo yours?" he asks, after a second, hoping the stranger will know what he's actually asking.

please say i can pet the littleo?

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".nine"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".nine b"]color:#d4a53c; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".nine i"]color:#d4a53c; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".nine a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 8:13:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Daniel's ears perk at the sound of another Pokémon. Despite the barking, the Litleo crouches down on its front paws to initiate play. Its tail swings gently to and fro before it pounces, running circles around both Zorua as it cutely roars.

The vagabond bishop, in the meantime, tilts his head curiously. "What was going on? I'm curious what you mean." He smiles when the lad regards his Litleo, however, nodding towards the little scamp. "Yes, his name's Daniel. He likes scratches below his chin and behind his right ear." He whimsically adds.

"I'm Beni, by the way. What's your name?"

— Benicio asks what Nine means, then introduces Daniel the Litleo and himself; Daniel initiates play with the Zorua
@nine

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 10:29:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎁DELIBIRD DELIVERY!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A DELIBIRD DROPS BY and pulls out a wrapped gift from its tail. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: delibird can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]
@nine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 1:15:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
hover for info
the littleo doesn't seem bothered by tax's insistent barking, instead pouncing at the fox pokemon. tax, dramatic as ever, releases a few yelps before pawing back at the other pokemon, clearly unharmed and unbothered, if the wag of his tail was anything to go by. or, if it wasn't, the fact that nine hadn't scooped up his pokemon like he would if he had been hurt.

"the ice that doesn't melt or- whatever's going on?" he was already hoping he wasn't in the wrong place somehow , because that'd just be awkward. it being debunked would be awkward, too, but not as much as nine having wandered to the completely wrong place. at least if it was debunked already, he could blame it on not hearing the news. but if he had gotten mixed up?

well, there wouldn't have to be anyone else to bully him about it, because nine wouldn't live it down himself.

reaching to give the littleo the cheek scritches mentioned, he hesitates at the idea of introducing his pokemon. but it's only nice, so... "i'm nine." he clears his throat, awkwardly, and uses a free hand to gesture at the two zorua. "the one on the left is tax evasion, and the other one is identity theft."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 0:42:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Oh, so he had heard the rumour as well. He supposed that was a good sign. It lent itself to the idea that such a miraculous thing even existed in the first place.

The lad's name Nine— which Benicio found a little odd, but didn't care to say as much considering other things he'd read about Hoenn that stretched the imagination quite a bit. The names the man had given his Zorua, however, inspired a chime of laughter from the red-headed bishop.

"Okay, there's got to be a story behind those, right?" He inquires with an amused grin.

Suddenly, his Litleo growls nearby as a DELIBIRD of all things tries to leap between the cliffs above them. It flaps its wings desperately, clutching a heavy sack with its beak, but fails to cross before nosediving towards them. They're given mere moments to get out of that way before it happens in a clamor, spilling some of its bags contents (x1 LEVEL TUTOR) for the trainers to nab.

Whatever the Delibird is hiding in its bag, however, must be important because it proceeds to attack them all with a POWDER SNOW next, forcing Benicio to use his cloak to shield himself. "Aagh!"

— Benicio asks whether there is a story behind the Zorua's names; a Delibird crashes into the scene (literally), spills a pair of Level Tutors from its bag, then attacks them with a Powder Snow
@nine

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 20:01:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
hover for info
okay, so nine was once again embarrassed about his pokemon's names. but at least it wasn't as bad this time, and he wasn't dealing with a cop. probably. hopefully.

how did you ask if someone was a cop or not out of nowhere, again? especially without sounding rude about it? nine didn't want to just ask, especially when there wasn't anything to even imply] beni was, but nine never knew. especially when the cop he had met () had a strange sense of humor.

"not really?" nine admits in answer to the question, a bit sheepishly. "when i got the first one, i couldn't think of anything else but a felony for the name, so...it just ended up being the theme for the others." as soon as he gets the words out, the littleo growls, suddenly, and nine pulls his hand away just as quickly. he's not about to get bitten by a littleo for who knows what reason-

until the reason in question tries to leap across a cliff above them and fails, divebombing down towards them. with an awkward yelp, nine reaches for his zorua to try to pull them back with him. it's just a moment, and nine sighs in relief; just a moment too soon, because the delibird sends out a powder snow.

the bitch.

nine doesn't have a cloak, or anything that can really help, so his only option at this moment is to pick a god and pray. which he does. obviously.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 2:49:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Ah, the story behind the name was a degree less exciting (ok, several degrees less than exciting) than he'd thought it was. What a shame.

Regardless, their little run-in with the Delibird serves to sidetrack their conversation. They emerge from the encounter caked in snow as the pitter-patter of the bird's feet grows fainter and fainter in the distance.

Dusting himself off of the white powder, then ensuring his Litleo hadn't gone running off after the blasted thing, Benicio sighs. "Ah, well, where were we... ah, yes! Would you like to continue forward together? If we can't split the treasure together when we find it, perhaps we can share the bounty of selling it."

After, of course, he has chance to analyze it himself.

@nine

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights