Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 0:00:44 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]
tag
@idris
notes
<3
“So much for the tropical lifestyle,” Yvette teased through chattering teeth.

She was mostly exaggerating as a thin excuse to keep close to her husband, linking their arms together to sap as much warmth as possible from him. And as far as dates went, really, they’d done worse than Shoal Cave.

Tunnels that changed with the ocean. Dangerous terrain and even more dangerous Pokémon within. Artifacts hidden so deep inside they were only accessible when the tide was at its lowest point.

”You take me to the nicest places.”
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".yvette"] [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette b"]color:#87000A; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass] [newclass=".yvette i"]color:#87000A; font-style:italic; [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette a"]text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 3:38:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it's with much surprise that his wife has relocated to hoenn so quickly. he'd told xander not to expect her comings, but he can't complain. as volatile as the region is, he'd have preferred she stay elsewhere, but there's a bit of relief that comes with having her at his hip. where he can feel her, see her, and ensure her safety himself. 

not that yvette belmont needs someone like him to protect her, but still. 

he holds her closer and snorts at her remark. "do you remember the sand pit in orre? trapped for three days without water and what did you say, hm? you'll take anywhere but the shifting sands again. and here i am, bringing you snow and you have the gall to complain." he jests, as he is want to do around her, as they approach the end of one of the tunnels. 

he regrettably shakes her off so he can withdraw his map - hand drawn and bought for a few dollars, as most of the authentic ones usually are, and then peers down the rocky edge of the hold they'd come upon. 

he snaps some glowsticks and drops them. "hmm. well, looks like we'll need to use the picks. too tight a squeeze for petra." he reaches for said picks at his back and holds a pair out to yvette. 

"well, darling. treasures await."
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2021 0:09:02 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
@idris
notes
<3
”And yet here we are in another hole in the ground.” Though she said it with a smile as she peered over the edge. She clicked her flashlight off, tucking it away and replacing it with something more hands-free for the climb: Namely her Lampent.

Edison hovered near Yvette as she took the picks, twirled one in her hand, and slammed it down into the rock. She tested its hold with a light tug, then swung over the edge into the darkness below. She didn’t disappear for long, poking her head above the cliff shortly after to give her worrywart husband a thumbs up and a mischievous smile.

”Race you down,” she called, already stealing a head start on her own descent.
[newclass=".yvette"] [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette b"]color:#87000A; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass] [newclass=".yvette i"]color:#87000A; font-style:italic; [/newclass] [newclass=".yvette a"]text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass] [newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 17:08:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it's always a bit nerve-wracking to watch the woman he loves dive headfirst into the unknown, but it's a feeling he's become all too familiar with. and with familiarity comes comfort, and years of practice keeping himself together. so he smiles down at her and shakes his head. if they really do end up in a pickle, he can quickly send colette out for damage control. 

the gardevoir is far less fragile than a human body. 

he waits until yvette has gone down a ways before crawling over the edge himself. the shafts is only twice his size, so he's allotted some maneuverability, but not much. all that echoes around him are the sounds of his and yvette's exertions and the occasional chink of the picks digging into the cracks in the wall. 

"how's it looking?" he calls down and grunts as he shimmies down another foot. 
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2022 2:32:23 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
@idris
notes
<3
Yvette found a resting point amidst the dark and stone, paused, and joked breathily, ”About the same as every other cave we’ve been in.” But the texture of the wall changed as she started the next part of the climb, and it was only because she’d been looking for it that she didn’t lose her footing. ”Oh! Hold on.”

She jerked her head, silently directing Edison further downwards, though the sight of her own breath in the flickering light confirmed her suspicions well before the Lampent revealed what lay ahead. “Ice. We’re getting close.”

The remainder of the route was taken much more cautiously, their descent slowing to a near-crawl in some portions as Yvette carefully picked and called out the footholds that would keep both of their weights individually. Eventually, after long enough that her shoulders were shouting all the ways they’d take revenge tomorrow, the angle of the tunnel shifted upwards slightly, until there was enough of a slope for her to keep the pick at her side while she slowly slid herself forward feet-first.

Her foot soon met a solid wall, though the slight shifting of her weight against it revealed not rock, but a thin layer of ice. A few well-placed kicks dispatched it quickly, and Yvette pushed her way through into the expansive cavern beyond. She shook her arms out as she finally stood on solid ground again, reaching a hand out to Idris while Edison drifted around to give them some sense of the scale of the place.

”Well then. Where to next?”
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 23:10:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
his breath curls in front of him. he has gloves in his pockets, but he's starting to wish he'd had the wherewithal to put them on before their descent. his fingers stay tight against the picks, knuckles reddening as the air gets more frigid. he grunts as he moves down. 

not as young as i used to be

he'd never officially declared his field research days over, but digs like this had become far and few between. the man he'd apprenticed under had kept climbing until well into his eighties, and idris had always said he'd follow in his footsteps, and one year longer. 

he slips, but yvette's reaching hand is there to catch him. the pick clatters and he winces as the sound echoes around the icy cavern. when nothing comes of it, he bends to pick it up.

edison's lamplight helps him figure out which cavern they'd entered. they still have one more floor to go before reaching the supposed artifact.

"there are a few caverns connecting the two rooms. we ought to go to the other side, see if they're still viable." he tugs on his gloves.
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 1:37:02 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
@idris
notes
<3
Idris’ hand was ice-cold, and Yvette absentmindedly rubbed small circles into the back of it with her thumb while sizing up their new surroundings. The walls were all coated in thick, blue ice, and the way Edison’s light bounced between them gave the couple’s reflections an almost funhouse-like effect, their footsteps echoing ahead as they ventured deeper within.

She stopped momentarily to bring her warm breath close to one wall, wiping away the fog that formed there and trying to peer through the layers upon layers of ice to the stone beyond.

”Imagine all the things that must be trapped in here,” she said, voice soft with wonder. ”All the water rushing in, breaking the ice only to freeze over it again. It must look completely different every time the tides go down.”

Maybe she’d missed this more than she’d thought.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 8:12:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"relics of the past," he says absentmindedly, paying more attention to the map than his wife's drabbles. his own relic is clipped to his belt. gloves fingers brush against draxon's pokeball, but the ancient drake is a bit too destructive for such a delicate spelunking mission. 

no, instead he releases colette. the gardevoir touches down gently on the icy rock beneath them, mouth forming a small o as she takes in her surroundings. the only sounds in the cavern are their breathing and their footsteps. that is, until colette holds out one arm and motions for them to stop. 

from the western entrance idris had mentioned emerges a cluster of cryogonal. their shrill, almost ghostly cries waver as they spy trespassers. colette makes a sound, as though to pacify them, but their echoes only grow louder. 

colette looks behind her to idris and shakes her head. 

"darling, i suggest we prepare for a battle." he looks sideways at her. "go for incapacitation. and try not to make too much noise. i don't want to tempt the stalactites," he says, glancing up quickly at several of the larger hanging icicles above their heads. 
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 1:04:02 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
@idris
notes
<3
Yvette hummed, letting a hand ghost over her bag and the treasure within.

Her eyes lit up at the snowflake Pokémon in front of them, excitement dampened only by her neglect in packing any spare Pokéballs for their descent, and her disappointment in Colette’s negotiations falling through.

Oh well.

Guess their luck had to run out eventually.

”You heard him Eddy; stay back and keep the lights on, sweetheart.” She eyed the approaching Cryogonal carefully as her Lampent took cover behind the couple, quickly picking through the mental version of her own roster for a more situationally-appropriate Pokémon, before tapping the button on one of the capsules clipped to her belt.

”Best cover your ears, darling,” she warned, plugging her own with gloved fingers as her Clefairy appeared in a flash of red.

”Sing.”
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2022 20:56:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
colette stands to the side, awaiting further instruction. yvette, ever quick and calculating, especially when it comes to battle, will be able to handle this effortlessly. idris can support his wife is necessary, but he has a feeling they'll be alright. he does, however, nod towards the gardevoir and ask her politely to check the avenues of the future. 

her eyes burn a soft blue. she reaches up to cover her own ears, mimicking idris after yvette warns him. 

the clefairy's song isn't too highly pitched and so it doesn't bother the ice above them. the cryogonal, on the other hand, react in the spelunkers' favor. the front of their heads dip, stained-glass-esque eyes closing. and one by one they drift to sleep.

"wonderful," idris says as he lowers his hands. "we should go down the cavern they came from, i think."
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 0:02:53 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
@idris
notes
<3
As soon as the last Cryogonal fell, Neil’s song tapered off into a chattering of teeth, the Clefairy returning to her trainer’s side to claim as much of Yvette’s warmth as possible. ”Well done,” She whispered to her shivering Pokémon, then tapped at the fairy’s Pokéball again and let her disappear in another crimson beam. ”Stay warm, dear.”

She turned back to her husband, gesturing for him to lead the way. ”Where there’s trouble, there’s treasure, right?” She had a good feeling about this.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 17:15:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the past has proven the validity of her statement and it's something they've said to each other quite often, but after doing some research into the recent happenings of hoenn, her cheery quip only sets him on edge. still, he stomachs his misgivings and trudges onward. 

their boots are heavy on the ice below them, spiked heels catching the slippery terrain. the cryogonal stay in their deep sleep and they pass them without any repurcussions. 

the cavern idris had suggested they traverse is short and squat and its passage isn't a kind one. he has to crouch down and half-crawl through it. 

doing what they do, he and yvette have had to grow used to small spaces. and a thrill rushes through him as the ice creaks and groans around them. 

"there," he says and crawls out, extending a hand for his wife. they stand upon a cliffside; below them is a crystalline pool. water flows from natural aqueducts around the cavern, meeting at this apex. steam rises from its center and idris finds himself shrugging off his coat.
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

She/Her
Celestic
Bisexual
Professor
Civillian
Lord Belmont
Darling
5 height
5 height
awards
99 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yvette
Yvette Belmont
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 0:40:50 GMT
Yvette Belmont Avatar
tag
@idris
notes
<3
Trust led her forward, just as it had led her to Hoenn, and so many places before. The ice made idle threats as they pressed on, but what were a few cracks to the two of them? What waited on the other side was almost always worth the danger.

And oh, was this worth it.

What hours ago might’ve been a waterlogged hole was presently an underground pool, steaming from Hoenn’s natural volcanic vents cooled to just-bearable temperatures by the ever-shifting glacier it resided in. Literally a once-in-a-lifetime place. And right now, it was all theirs.

”Oh darling…” Coyness melted into fondness. She cupped one hand against her husband’s cheek and traced a line of kisses along the other until their lips met, chapped but no less sweet. Yvette pulled away with a wide grin, taking him by the arm and tugging him down the slope to reap the fruits of their labor.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Date Night [M][C][WW]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 3:20:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
idris belmont is by no means an affectionate man. not to be confused with romantic because that he certainly is. but yvette has always been a wonder to him, both in body and soul. she's always been the one to draw him in with her soft wiles. the kisses she smatters across his cheek, the way she lets her lips linger over his, is no exception to this rule. 

he stares after her, both helpless and smitten, as she drags him down off their rocky landing and down towards the lake. 

steam rises from the water and the cool air gets even warmer. he even shucks his long sleeves up as far as they'll go. 

"remarkable," he says as he spies a healthy bit of algae and more temperate plants growing through the rocks.

"what do you say we keep this one off the books, hm? unless, of course, we find something of note."