awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 17:44:49 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
being called into fortree to help a friend with a power problem was probably one of francie's favorite things that had happened other than being accepted into 's fold as a ranger. she represented the silph company as a ranger much like and she was thankful for the opportunity and experience.

really? she loved it.

as she entered the city of fortree she was a bright smiling ball of energy. her eyes focused on the power lines, noting which side of the city was suffering from a power outage and which weren't. apparently some pokémon had made a nest within some of the power lines to keep warmer during the colder times.

made sense, still, the needed to be removed and safely taken elsewhere.

as she got closer to the specific power line, her lycanroc louie, the dusk form, made his way over to begin sniffing around.

"hey alexei!" francie greeted with a grin. "other than the obvious," she waved at the power line to emphasize her point and then offered a hug.

"how are you?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 19:21:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

There were times when things were out of his control.

Sure, most of the city knew him as the man with the crazy amount of Toucannon ‘Bird Dad’ but this was ridiculous!

Yes, he dealt with and knew most patterns and behavior of Flying (and not-so-Flying) types but…

He didn’t speak bird!

(Even if a lot of people thought he did. No, he was not an avatar who could whistle and be understood by all the avians in the world. How he wished he could understand a certain djinni from back home, though, but that was neither here nor there.)

The problem here was that there were some fiercely territorial avians, however he was still stuck on the ground—at least he wasn’t stuck in the wheelchair anymore!

The fancy, dapper cane was much appreciated now (even if a certain @mattis believed otherwise) and besides he couldn’t be stuck forever in wheelchair hell, right?

Up in the skies, his blue-plumed Braviary was trying to negotiate with the bunch of birds, so there was a lot of angery squawking going on. He didn’t want to throw out his Salamence; that was the ultimate last resort.

“Hey, Fra—ooh, they sent you to help me out, eh?” he said in greeting, giving her a one-armed hug as he leaned on the cane for some support.

“Well, asides from trying to get that bird off the line I’m doing just fine. Mostly. Where have you been, girl?!”

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 20:42:44 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
the one armed hug let francie know she should be gentle, so she took her energy down a bit to match her five foot nothing height and hugged alexei gently. though, her face reached like what his bottom rib? that's dramatic but boy what a difference in height.

"that birdie do be lookin' mighty angry."

francie noted before glancing to louie, who took a seat at the bottom of the pole and watched the birds circle with patience.

"what, who, me? oh, i've just been hiking around. i went to kanto for some relief stuff, came back, didn't stay long but managed to bounce around the region for a while. erm, went off to kanto, took a vacation in alola that was interesting. then i ended up in sinnoh and i fell in mad love with mt. coronet. explored the whole thing from one side of the mountain range all the way to the other and then went up the top!"

she stopped her rambling before blinking curiously at alexei and tilting her head.

"...what happened? if you don't wanna answer, you don't have to."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2022 20:39:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Any luck?” he called to the blue-plumed Braviary, who was circling around and still squawking angrily at the other avian who absolutely refused to budge from the nest above the post.

The avian took a few moments to look down before cawing in disapproval, shaking his head, before returning to ‘negotiate’ with the damned birds.

“Well, we’re going to be stuck here for a while,” he said with a sigh as he leaned on the cane before turning to listen to her escapades—and boy there were a lot!

“Oh, so that’s where you’ve been!” he exclaimed once she was done recounting her tale. “Did you find anything interesting?”

As to her question, well…

“Let’s just say something happened. I was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. It’s been a bitch recovering but thank hell I’m almost fully healed up,” he explained.

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 13:50:20 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
"i found a few things. some rumors around mt. coronet and the peak but, mostly, i found myself."

the tone she used when explaining, it sounded so simple, so lax. like it wasn't a big deal. like she wasn't saying something sage like. as if telling him her favorite brand of cereal to have in the morning.

"but i'm glad you're recovering. even if it is a slow process. have you thought about using like, heal pulse and life dew? i've heard the healing properties are really good. they've even used life dew here in hoenn for medical procedures."

then she raised her hands, laughing.

"i mean! i'm no nurse joy, just a suggestion!"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 14:10:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Self-discovery… the best thing I ever did was like, leave Mistralton. That was twelve years ago, now. If I hadn’t left, well I’d definitely be a very different person, and that’s saying something.”

How different?

Well, it was either he was going to be a bubble child stuck at home, or worse… six feet under. But here we were.

“It’s a hell of a time, even with all the healing techniques and technology currently available. There’s a reason so very few people know about—my thing,” he continued quietly.

“Like, you know how you don’t want to be a burden on other people? That kind of… thing, because you want to prove that you’re not weak.”

He hated it, but it was a harsh reality he had to face.

Above their heads, the Braviary was still squawking with the nesting family, trying to get them to move, but they were oh so stubborn!

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 14:40:41 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

"yeah, i know what you mean. i think being on my own for a while, that's what it took for me to realize i really could do this whole life thing, the life i wanted, without being a total weakness to who i wanted to spend my life with, y'know?"

it made sense, to her anyway, but the squawking caught her attention. louie was still valiantly sitting and watching what was going on. made francie smile.

"he's not gonna be much help unless they lower themselves, so--"

with a small movement, she pulled her aerodactyl out, letting her fly into the air. as she did, she gave a screech, flapping her wings and raising up to help the braviary.

"careful! we just want them to leave, we don't really wanna get into a battle in the middle of the city, till."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 15:30:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the sight of her Aerodactyl, he let out an approving nod.

“Oh, there’s also a reason why I didn’t bring my own Aerodactyl along—” he remarked as the prehistoric Pokémon joined the Braviary in ‘negotiations’ with the nesting mother of—

“Oh, no,” he said, suddenly raising his hand to rub the side of his forehead as he realized what they were dealing with.

“Nesting Talonflame are fiercely territorial.”

The dual-type let out a defensive screeching noise at the sight of the Aerodactyl, but the Braviary began squawking in her direction before getting an idea as the blue-plumed avian turned to Alexei and screeched his way.

“Huh? Kyouya, what?” he asked, before the Braviary began pointing in the direction of the Sanctuary and then gesturing at the Talonflame.

He then turned to Francie.

“I think he’s onto something,” he gestured at his avian.

“Moving the nest to my place.”

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 17:26:07 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

sensing the tension, the aerodactyl landed close, bowing herself and grumbling out a few purrs. she was showing submission, that she wanted to help, not aggression.

"she looks real scary but she's a big teddy bear i swear!" she tried to reassure the talonflame, and then watched alexei basically speak to his birds.

"i think that's a great idea! i have a lot of pokémon that could potentially carry it."

like literally any rock pokémon nearly. or at least the evolutions. even alolan variants!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 18:37:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Braviary then saw the reason why the Talonflame was extremely hesitant on moving—the nest had a singular large, flame-patterned egg resting within its depths.

Oh, boy.

Leaving the Aerodactyl on the line for a while, the blue-plumed avian then flew down before spreading his wings as wide as he could, and then gesturing a few times.

To Francie it would look weird, but a few repeated gestures from the Braviary made Alexei’s eyebrows first cross, then rise in silent surprise.

“What?” was all he could exclaim, quickly getting on the Braviary’s back before turning to Francie and saying, “Be back real quick,” as the Braviary took off again to show the other what he’d seen.

In no time flat, he cupped his hand so that his voice could carry better.

“There’s an egg in the nest! Just one egg. It’s really big, though.”

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 13:35:43 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

as instructed, she gave the avian and gym leader some room to move. her eyes followed them, looking to tilly as she nodded. tilly knew the command, backing away enough to let the two get some room. all while keeping her eyes on that talonflame to make sure it didn't lash out.

being told the egg was big had francie furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. for the size to be notable...

"is it too big for tilly to carry??"

she'd cupped her hands over her mouth as well, calling up to alexei as he flew above.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2022 15:22:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the question of how large the egg was, he had to stop for a bit and take a second look, before the Talonflame squawked at him protectively.

“Whoa, whoa, I’m here to help,” he exclaimed, holding his hands out at the Talonflame that looked ready to peck his face out. “I’m not going to do anything to your egg, I swear!”

Even the Braviary squawked after he was done talking.

“Look, you’re on an electric post. It’s… not safe up here.

He was hoping the Braviary would translate—there were more squawking noises coming from the blue-plumed avian, before his wings pointed at a certain direction.

“Look, we’re going to move you somewhere safer, okay? It’s dangerous out here…” he continued, crossing his fingers and awaiting judgment from the Talonflame, who was still eyeing him suspiciously. The Braviary couldn’t help but squawk in the Talonflame’s direction too.

After letting a few moments of silence pass, he called to her, “It’s kinda big, I might have to help with lugging the nest as well. Looks kind of squishy, too…”

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 13:50:21 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

watching the conversation in the air made her a little anxious. because she couldn't put in her opinion? no, because she wasn't going to put in her opinion. because this was a little out of her element, to an extent. alexei was taking point and that was fine, but recently, she was used to doing her thing.

this time, she was just gonna follow his thing. follow his lead and put in her two cents when spoken to. speaking of...

"nicky's got a pretty big head, my onix." francie began as she put a hand on her chin. "and nicky'll be tall enough to get his head up there, maybe he'll be a better help? could be big enough to hold the nest as a whole..."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2022 15:39:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Can you?” he confirmed at the mention of the Onix.

He knew that the particular species mentioned were really tall, not to mention that they were particularly useful when it came to moving things around.

(That, and @mattis really had a soft spot for his own Onix.) Well, Alexei had a Steelix but guess what dumbass only brings along Flying-types wherever he goes.

“I’m afraid of moving the nest with just our fliers, it might fall apart—and we don’t want the egg to go splat on the ground,” he added. Turning back to the Talonflame, he then held his hands up once more.

“Look, we’re going to move your nest somewhere safer… just let us move your entire nest, okay?” he communicated with the Talonflame, who was still eyeing him with much suspicion. The Braviary kept his gaze on the Talonflame, nodding once the human riding on his back was done talking.

After what felt like an eternity, the Talonflame…

…flew up and away from the nest, still keeping her beady eyes on the pale-haired human.

“Francie, you can bring the Onix out now.”

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
birds of a feather [ m ]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 20:20:54 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar

"no problem!"

francie had already dug into her pockets and pulled nicky's pokéball out, tossing it to reveal the onix.

"nic! you're in a city, don't get crazy. but we need a little finesse, yeah? we've gotta get that nest and move it someplace safe, okay? think you can lend a head?"

nicky looked to francie curiously before looking to the nest. he was used to helping francie mover around while on his head, so he supposed that he could carry a nest.

"just for an extra bit of help, i'm gonna send louie up."

louie's head whipped around to glare at francie, making a sort of, 'THE FCUK?' expression. to which francie just smiled and gave his snout a kiss as nicky lowered his head. with a snort, louie got up on onix and decided to steel himself as nicky rose his head up toward the nest.

with a friendly groan, the onix introduced himself to alexei. louie started to wag his tail despite himself because new people francie liked were always fun. plus, he got to help hold an egg. which he secretly loved. cause he loved lil baby pokémon.