the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
wrapped in your regret, what a waste of blood and sweat.
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 17:01:13 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oops. don't get used to it."[break][break]

or do. it might become a common thing given the smirk on his face.[break][break]

with fifteen minutes to kill, he nods, walking over to the fridge before pulling it open.[break][break]

"want something to drink? beer? wine?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".niko"]--accent:#716075; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 3:12:56 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie's smirk matched his in strides. She laughed, raising her eyebrows.

"Do it again."

She wanted to see if he'd actually make good on that comment or not.

"I'll take a glass of wine."

Coming behind him, she peered around his much larger frame, which blocked most of the fridge from view.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2022 15:24:01 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yes, ma'am."[break][break]

his smirk is lost to the dim white light of his fridge that washes out across the kitchen floor. he reaches for the bottle of wine, pops it open, and then pours it into two glasses.[break][break]

"here you go. i only have red, but apparently it's meant to be really good."[break][break]

not that he would know. he normally never drinks wine.

[newclass=".niko blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".niko .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 5:06:02 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Humored, Jessie decided that it was enough to please her. For now. She chuckled, taking a step back as he pulled a bottle of wine from the fridge.

"Red is fine. Thank you," she said, reaching for the glass with both of her hands.

The taste of the alcohol warmed her, a nice sensation running down her throat, her chest, to her stomach. She hummed as she leaned against the counter, making sure the soup wasn't boiling over.

"What's your favorite thing to eat?"
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 16:15:39 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

the red wine goes down smoothly without much resistance, perhaps aided by the fact that it's been sitting in the bottle for about twenty years. is that how it works? niko's not sure.[break][break]

"instant ramen, i guess."[break][break]

it's definitely instant ramen.[break][break]

"i used to eat it a lot when i was a kid. i try not to let the kids eat it too much, but they love 'em, too."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 3:19:09 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
"Instant ramen? You don't make a meal?"

Jessie couldn't help teasing him. But of course, with her here, she'd make sure he'd eat more than just instant ramen.

"Well, I suppose I'll just have to come cook you some food so you can have something other than instant ramen all the time, then. And so you can save a buck or two," she said, nodding at herself as she crossed her arms over her chest.

No changing her mind, she decided as she sipped the wine.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2022 15:50:13 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you really think i can cook anything else?"[break][break]

he can't, and it's not for lack of trying. maybe she'll find out someday when she inevitably falls sick and the role of chef has to fall to him. but then again, he'd likely just get takeout.[break][break]

"that...sounds nice. you sure you don't mind cooking for me?"

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 3:12:22 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie hid her laugh in the glass of wine, her amusement muffled as she sipped from it again. She dared not answer his question, rather letting her silence be her reply.

"Well, I don't mind cooking if it's for you. And..."

She balanced her glass in one hand, walking closer to him. Leaning closer, she smirked, as though she had caught her prey.

"I'm sure you'd compensate me nicely- shit!"

Jessie's flirting was cut short as she noticed the pot threaten to boil over, running over to turn down the heat and move it aside. She sighed, her pounding before she looked back.

"It's done."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 9:02:42 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

niko would compensate her nicely. it's a shame she never gets to finish her thought.[break][break]

with a chuckle, he follows after her, grinning.[break][break]

"perfect."[break][break]

after plating, they're met with a choice of whether to eat at the dining table, which niko has barely used since moving in, or the couch.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 21:11:28 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie opted for the couch. The table seemed almost too formal.

Not to mention, she wanted to sit beside Niko. She liked the occasional brushes they had, their shoulders, the legs, whatever it was between them.

"I hope you like it."

She settled in the spot of her choosing, though she didn't dig in. Rather, she waited, watching him intently to see what his reaction would be.
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 10:06:49 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

niko is definitely not a picky eater. even then, he understands flavors well enough to know when a dish is good and when it's bad. where would jessie's soup fall?[break][break]

choosing not to be cruel and dragging it out, he takes a spoonful of soup, and digs in.[break][break]

"gods..." not that he believes in them. "this is fuckin' amazing."[break][break]

he breaks out in a chuckle, grinning as he goes back for more.[break][break]

"mmmmmm."

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 3:24:23 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie blew onto her spoon, making sure she wouldn't burn her mouth as she took a bite. It brought her back to her childhood, when she'd get sick with the cold or flu.

She was glad she was able to replicate it decently enough. She hummed contently, leaning further back into the cushions of the couch while balancing the bowl so it didn't spill.

Jessie couldn't help but laugh when he cursed, pleased at his reaction. She grinned, watching him eat.

"I'm glad you like it. If you think of something else you want to cook, I can come up with a grocery list and stuff."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 6:05:05 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"do you want, uh..."[break][break]

he clears his throat.[break][break]

"do you want me to cook for you sometime? i can't promise it'll be good but i'll try."[break][break]

it only seems fair. plus, the idea of him cooking for her does make him feel a bit warm. it's an odd feeling, that.

close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 18:12:36 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie took several more bites from her bowl, though she was ever the lady as she ate. She hummed as she ate before he started to talk, looking over at him.

Her eyebrows showed her surprise. She would be the first to admit that she didn't think he'd ever offer to cook her something. However...

The idea was certainly welcomed.

"Sure! I-I'd love it!" she answered quickly, nearly spilling the bowl in her lap.

She blushed from her excitement, biting her lip to hide her embarrassment before nodding and smiling.

"I'd like that. A lot."
close tab

played by

noodles

the manner gang
he/him
twenty-seven
december 13th
verdanturf
straight
gang leader
n/a
awards
506 posts
NIKO MANNER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @niko
NIKO MANNER
soup [s]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 13:25:34 GMT
NIKO MANNER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","niko"]
[attr="class","top"]

"okie. you got it."[break][break]

okie being something he picked up from one of the kids. it just sounds so cute, and it's fun to say.[break][break]

"any special requests?"