shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FATHER WINTER'S WAGER
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2022 7:07:41 GMT
shiv Avatar

GRANITE CAVE

EVENTUALLY, after the turn over to 2022, after the events of GEOMANCY and AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 2, you make your way to Granite Cave. The instructions were simple. Find "Father Winter" in the deepest room of Dewford's GRANITE CAVE.

As you traverse through this dimly lit cavern, you encounter the usual cavern dwelling threats. Zubats. Geodude. The occasional Makuhita's with clapping palms that sound like the breaching brine of Dewford's sea. Sometimes you are surprised by a battle hungry RUIN MANIAC. Even worse, you can not shake off the feeling that you are being watched in this cave.

Finally, you discover the innermost chamber. On the far wall, an ancient mural of Primal Kyogre and Groudon is inscribed. A series of natural steps, carved into the cave's stone, brings you closest to this historic piece... and to Father Winter himself.

However, should you come with someone who was not personally invited by Father Winter, he will not show. He has eyes everywhere, after all. To see if you are naughty or nice...

"Father Winter" waits on a small black stool. With his legs crossed, he rolls a coin across his fingers as he eyes your approach. "YOU ACTUALLY CAME." He smiles his brilliant whites. Almost as white as his sharp sideburns.

An UNOWN D hovers into view from behind him as he explains that he may be able to help you obtain the object of your desires if you are willing to gamble.

"NAME WHAT YOU'D LIKE. SOMETHING PHYSICAL. TANGIBLE. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME WITH UNACTIONABLE FLUFF UNLESS YOU'D LIKE TO CRY HOME EMPTY-HANDED."

After you name your desire, the UNOWN-D begins to rotate faster and faster in mid-air. Behind it, a swirling, open black portal manifests.

Father Winter stops you from entering should you make any sign of curiosity. Instead, he raises a coin between his fingertips.

"BEHIND THIS PORTAL IS WHAT YOU WISH FOR, BUT YOU NEED TO INDULGE ME IN MY LITTLE GAME FIRST." He flips the coin. "CALL IT. HEADS OR TAILS?"

---

INSTRUCTIONS

CREATE A THREAD in Granite Cave in response to this post.

You are allowed to do this with one or two other characters that have also been invited by Father Winter. However, there may be a time limit imposed upon this activity, so please be aware.

Your character should respond with one physical thing that they would like. It can be a Pokemon, a person, a material item. Anything that is tangible and not abstract. Please QUOTE or BOLD your desire in your post.

Afterward, everyone who is participating should make a ROLL to reflect the COIN FLIP. In your post, have your character call HEADS OR TAILS. Odd numbers will be heads. Even numbers will be tails.

Once you are done, TAG SHIV in #wintry-wagers on Discord or PM him on Proboards. He will eventually respond with the next part of this event. Be aware, this event will largely be self-directed with minimal moderator input aside from the end. It may also be surprisingly short.

There is no guarantee that your character will get what they want.