awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 19:57:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The road from Fallarbor to Rustboro was long and arduous. Andrea was usually (strong emphasis on usually) pretty diligent when it came to taking long trips across Hoenn, but this time she'd gotten so excited over doing more field work to prove to Yvette that she was a worthy assistant, she'd forgotten the most essential rule of adventuring: Never leave home without a backpack!

Bereft of supplies and with no money to acquire food from other sources, the young PokéManiac was lying on the ground with an extremely worn out expression, being so famished she couldn't even muster the strength to move her own body. "So... hungry... haven't eaten... in six hours..." Her Pokémon were in a similarly drained state, their four empty stomachs unanimously growling in protest.

It looked like this was the end for our tragic heroine. She was going to die a long and painful death, unless some passerby saw a half-starved girl in a dragon onesie lying on the ground alongside a Deino, an Aggron and a Kangaskhan, and decided to mercifully put them out of their collective misery.
@jacquelinedelaroche
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 21:06:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Was there something more precious and heart-warming as a day off after a long week full of work, work, and again, work? Of course not~ Ah, Jackie waited so long for a moment to stretch her legs and walk around leisurely, soaking in the good vibes and lovely weather. It was a great day... For a picnic! Together with Cinnamon, they decided to squeeze the best they could from her free day, preparing lots of snacks for their escapade. Funny thing that Jackie's idea of relaxing from working in the kitchen was working in the kitchen! Not the weirdest quirk there is... She could make a bunch of sandwiches, packed to the brim with yummy ingredients, add colorful salads, tasty snacks and throw in a bunch of cookies. And of course, she did just that!

The plan was simple - to go for an adventure~! Well, not exactly. Mostly Jacqueline wanted to get a bit more familiar with a new region. She wasn't long in Hoenn after all! With her Minccino it would be best to go for a sightseeing trip - so they grabbed a chequered bag, put in a blanket, boxes full of snacks, a big thermos with tea, and a pouch with fruits... And they left the house happily, humming together a familiar song~ Route 116 welcomed them with green grass, mighty trees, and a clear path. It was amazing to walk there, hearing all those sounds and noises a foreign Pokemon could make. Maybe they could catch a glimpse of one? Oh, that be so exciting~

... Instead, not even an hour after the beginning of their trip, a weird gurgle caught Jackie's attention. Cinnamon perked her ears, cautiously looking around from her friend's arm... And the girl was standing in one spot, flabbergasted, looking at the eerie picture that was painted in front of her eyes. Three... Four Pokemon? They all were laying down on the grass in misery. At first, Jacqueline thought that the sound she heard was uncanny snoring, but it was obviously a pained cry of rumbling tummies! Oh, oh, what are the odds~? Minccino decided to jump off her shoulder, sniffing around unknown creatures. Jackie herself walked up to the Pokemon that turned out to be a person in a dragon-like costume and leaned above them, with a cheerful smile on full lips. She waved.

"Oh, mon Dieu... Are you hungry, by any chance?" she tilted her head, blinking at them all curiously, not hiding her concern. Her thick Kalosian accent was too easy to hear in that simple sentence. "I wanted to have a picnic with Ma Cannelle, do you want to join~?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 21:25:15 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Ugh... need... food..." The dragon-hooded girl groaned like a zombie. This was it, Andrea thought. She had actually died and was now in heaven, a redheaded angel greeting her into the afterlife. Wait a minute, that wasn't an angel. That was a person!

Reinvigorated by the promise of food, the malnourished young woman rolled over, assuming an exaggerated kneeling position on all fours, her forehead touching the ground. "Yes! Thank you so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She cried out repeatedly. Her three Pokémon mimicked her fervent display of gratitude, prostrating themselves before their funny-voiced savior, all the while the scent of tasty treats coming from the picnic basket made their mouths water. Even the baby Kangaskhan was salivating!
@jacquelinedelaroche
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 22:41:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

That wasn't a reaction she expected! Jackie blinked, covering her mouth with the tips of her fingers, a little surprised by the way things played out... The person in a pink hoodie sprung back to life like a jack-in-a-box, rolled in the ground, and almost drown her in gratitude. That was adorable, but a little flustering... Nonetheless, Jackie felt a bit of a happy blush glowing on her cheeks. Non, it wasn't time for thinking about that! She knew better than to let a hungry person wait for their meal more than necessary! Jacqueline cleared her throat, but the sight of the Pokemon mimicking the moves of their companion was just too precious. She couldn't help but chuckle softly. A flow of genuine sympathy and amusement was shaking her shoulders as she tried to stop herself from giggling.

"It's fine, it's fine~" she finally smiled, calming down a little. "Please, stand up!" with a gesture she asked them to get up, handing the person in front of her a blue blanket pulled out of her bag. They put the covers on the soft grass and smoothing her skirt Jackie sat on one corner - it was a picnic, so a blanket was a must~! Cinnamon gleefully started helping her out, diving head in into the bag, pulling out boxes bigger and smaller, a pack of paper tissues, and portable cups. Jackie opened the weaved, bamboo box, showing the world neatly cut triangles of sandwiches, filled with colorful vegetables, poached eggs with hollandaise sauce, and pork cutlets. She handed the full container to the cute stranger and smiled.

"Here~ Eat, there's plenty more!" Jacqueline tilted her head, watching the Pokemon with a friendly gaze. "Oh, you all are so nice~!" she chirped cordially, not even for a moment stopping unpacking her bag. Cinnamon stole one of the veggie sandwiches and proceeded to nom on the toasted bread, her tiny, sharp teeth making quick work of the snack. The pile of food was only growing... There was a lot, even for one human and one Pokemon aiming to go for a whole-day trip! Well, Jackie liked cooking as much as eating~ "You look so strong and sturdy~!" she complimented them. "But how you ended up so famished and exhausted in the middle of the route here? Were you attacked by any chance?" a worried tone appeared in Jackie's voice. After all, not every place in Hoenn was safe...
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 23:07:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea gave the other girl a puzzled look when she handed her a blue blanket. That was until she noted the picnic basket and put two and two together, using the last vestiges of her strength to help Jacqueline set up a picnic for six.

The young PokéManiac wasted no time ravenously wolfing down the veggie sandwich offered to her, filling her Desolate Land of a stomach with delicious goodness. She handed another sandwich to her Kangaskhan, who in turn cut it into bite-sized pieces to feed its baby with. Her Deino set its bob cut-obscured sights on the eggs, scooping as many as it could off the plate and getting sauce all over its snout. Lastly, her Aggron gobbled up a bunch of pork cutlets, letting them fall into its hungry, metallic maw.

The group ceased their effervescent feast when the Kalosian woman complimented their strong and sturdy looks, causing the Aggron and the mother Kangaskhan to get visibly flustered. She proceeded to ask if they had been attacked, to which the girl in the dragon onesie shook her head. "Nope, nothing like that. We just forgot to pack in supplies before our trip, and we were also out of money. By the way, these sandwiches are great!" She said, helping herself to another slice, which she munched noisily. "Also, I'm Andrea, and these are my friends, Chomper, Barron and Missy." She pointed at the Deino, the Aggron and the Kangaskhan respectively.
@jacquelinedelaroche
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2022 22:42:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

There was no sight filling chef's heart with more pride than seeing their food being diligently reduced to a few crumbs and a splatter of sauce on the paper tissues. Even a bit of a mess was easily forgiven when their appetite was flattering Jacqueline's cooking skills. The girl was merely sitting there, hands joined in delight and an honest smile on her face. She watched them all with genuine gladness. It was so good to know that the things she prepared were to their liking!

"Oh, you must have been so starved... Here, wait a moment Sweetie, let me just-" Jackie grabbed a clean tissue and reached towards the Deino, slowly touching their side to make sure not to startle the Pokemon, before gently wiping the blue snout from the sauce. "There, you look more handsome now~" she smiled, moving closer towards them the box with salad. It was hard blindly aiming for a container to get the mouthful of food! She was glad that the others were eating earnestly as well. True, her compliment flustered a bit the other Pokemon, but she giggled at their blushed faces, not with malice, rather with great sympathy. They all were native in Kalos too, so she had no troubles with recognizing the species that were keeping the red-haired girl company. All types of Pokemon got their own charm after all~! "Aww, you mignon petit bébé~" she chirped, so captivated with the sight of adorable baby Pokemon being fed tiny bits of food that Jackie never realized she started speaking in Kalosian. "You're such a good mama, taking care of your baby~" the girl gave her praise, looking at the little one, munching on the pieces of sandwich. After satisfying the first hunger, the owner of the cutest, pink onesie explained to them why they were laying on the grass in the first place.

"Mon Dieu, I know! That's awful when that happens..." the girl nodded with understanding. How many times has she had the displeasure of getting hungry on her way, without anything to eat or a place to eat around? And being snack-less on a long trip was a tough ordeal. "Thank you, I'm glad you all like it! We made them together, right~?" Jackie turned to Cinnamon. Minccino perked her ears and proudly puffed her fluffy chest and tail, nodding in confirmation that, she too, helped in the preparation of all those delicious snacks! The girl joined her hands again. "Well-matching names~ It's nice to meet you all!" she gave them a bright, sweet smile. "I'm Jackie, and this is my best friend, Cinnamon~" with a tenderness in her voice, she gently ruffled the fluff on top of Chinchilla Pokemon's head. "We're from Kalos and, to be honest, we don't know much about Hoenn. So we decided to have a field trip today~" she explained.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 9:33:03 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Luckily, Chomper didn't try to bite Jacqueline's hand when the latter wiped his snout clean. That woman was just so kind and wholesome, it was impossible to act hostile towards her. Besides, the tiny dragon was busy consuming copious amounts of food, immediately digging into the salad by practically burying his face inside the box.

Missy nodded with pride at being called a good mama, reaching her massive hand down to gently pat Jackie's head, as if to tell her that she was a good girl too. Her baby was now full, letting out a small, adorable burp. With that, the oversized marsupial helped herself to the remainder of the sandwiches, eating them ravenously. Clearly she had been craving the food just like the others did, but had prioritized feeding her child first. A good mama indeed!

"You're from Kalos, huh? My great grandmother was from Kalos. I also have a cousin who lives there." Andrea remarked after swallowing another mouthful of food. She then looked at Cinnamon the Minccino and smiled warmly. "You did a great job, little guy! Your trainer did great too, of course. I didn't know Pokémon could cook. Maybe I'll teach myself to cook one of these days. It'll be yet another step towards my ascension!" The dragon-hooded girl cryptically mused.
@jacquelinedelaroche
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2022 21:17:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Aww, thank you~" Those Pokemon sure were so charming~ To the hungry, just a little bit clumsy Deino, to a diligent Aggron and patient mama Kangashkan. Jackie was all smiles when the last one patted her gently on the head, letting out an adorable little squeal. Praise from the Pokemon was as important to her as from any other human! Besides, she was happy to help, even if the food was disappearing at an appalling speed. But she was prepared for that too! "Don't worry, there's more!" her arm disappeared in the bag, almost full length in when Jackie fished out a thermos with tea and another, smaller box. The content of the package turned out to be full of blueberry muffins and less sweet herbal scones. Let them have a nice dessert and regain their strength after their little starvation. After all, hunger was one of the worst feelings!

"Oh, is that so? We don't have any relatives here in Hoenn unfortunately. But Academy dorm is fun to live in!" she replied with a smile, which grew even brighter when Andrea's focus shifted to her fluffy companion. "Cinnamon is the best assistant and taste-tester I could ever wish for~! She washes the dishes, peels the berries, and is great at flipping pancakes~" Jackie chirped, happily bragging about her friend, while Minccino was filling her little tummy with their second breakfast. The girl was enjoying a portion of salad herself, topping it with a vegetable sandwich, or two - how could she not take part in the meal? Everything tastes better if eaten with great company~! As she reached for the thermos, struggling with the lid, she picked up a word that seemed a little bit out of place. Huh?

"Excuse me, Dearie, would you mind~?" she smiled gently and passed the metallic tea thermos to Barron, who clearly would be able to twist off the cap. While preparing the cups, she glanced at the red-haired girl. "If you'd like, I can give you some easy recipes from my notes! And what do you mean by ascension? Are you a scholar..?" Did it even make sense..? Jackie looked a little puzzled, with her pointing finger pressing against her cheek and half-open mouth having this triangular lost-in-thoughts shape. She kinda looked like a confused Dedenne.
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2022 10:18:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Even though Chomper was a Dark type, he became radiant with joy at the sight of the delicious-looking muffins, eagerly stuffing his face with as many of them as he could fit inside his ravenous maw. "Careful, if you eat too many you'll get a tummy ache... oh, who am I kidding!" Andrea threw caution to the wind and gorged on those sugary treats as well. "Theeve awe amavingh!" She exclaimed with her mouth full.

While Andrea and Chomper were committing table manner crimes, Barron looked quizzically at the thermos, eventually finding out which way he was supposed to turn the lid after some trial and error. Once it had been opened, the Iron Armor Pokémon handed the thermos back to Jacqueline, his mighty claws having left small dents on the container's metallic surface. Upon noticing that, a bead of sweat hovered over the Aggron's head. Missy gurgled with laughter, teasing him.

Andrea noisily swallowed her bite, ready to finally address Jackie's comical confusion. "I'm talking about my ascension into becoming a Pokémon of course! To reject my humanity and embrace Pokémon-hood!" The dragon-hooded girl nonchalantly clarified, standing up. "Do you like my costume?" She asked, spinning on her heel. "It's supposed to help me get used to what it feels like living in a Pokémon's skin."
@jacquelinedelaroche
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 22:38:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
jacquelinedelaroche Avatar
Jan 26, 2022 21:17:13 GMT @jacquelinedelaroche said:

"Eat your fill!" she smiled. "I'm glad you like it. I wish, one day, I could open a cafeteria or maybe even a restaurant for people and Pokemon alike! That would be nice~" she sighed, a dreamy sparkle dancing in her eyes. Right, how she wished for that! But before that, Jackie had a lot to learn about cooking and preparing food. And if her cuisine would be the same for humans and Pokemon, she needed to be careful about the ingredients and the preferred tastes... Oh, it won't be easy, but that only made it even more exciting! Now, what about something to drink? She glanced at the Barron, smiling warmly and patting his hand as he handed her back the thermos. "Don't mind that Dearie, thank you for your help~" Jackie praised the Pokemon softly, pouring fragrant tea into the cups, so they could enjoy it with some scones and muffins. She handed out the cups, lastly placing some tea in the small bowl, so the Chomper wouldn't feel left out without beverage. Jacqueline herself enjoyed a herbal scone with Cinnamon, who very meticulously finished eating her veggies and snatched one muffin before they all would disappear in the hungry mouths of humans and Pokemon. Pretty soon, the velvety fur on her nose turned purple from the blueberries.

"Becoming a Pokemon?" the girl looked a little puzzled, touching her rosy cheek with her pointing finger like she was getting lost in thoughts. In fact, she was. Could a human possibly turn into a Pokemon in any way? It wasn't unusual to see kids and teens running around in Pokemon-inspired outfits, pretending to be one, but that was the first time Jacqueline met someone who wholeheartedly wanted to become one of those creatures. It's not like she could blame Andrea, the idea on its own was amazing! The girl joined her hands together. "That's such a unique feat, my Dear! I am rooting for you, I hope you can achieve your goal!" she beamed, smiling kindly, not in any way thrown off by the girl's statement. "Your costume looks great, did you make it yourself? The color is so cute too~"
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 8:58:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It seemed that the kind woman from Kalos had a dream of her own, namely to open a cafeteria or restaurant and share her delectable cuisine with the rest of the world. Andrea gave her an encouraging thumbs up. "I hope you succeed, Jackie! If all the food is that delicious, your restaurant is bound to be a hit!" And she knew that for a fact, because she and her Pokémon would be regulars for sure!

By the time Andrea and Chomper had finished hungrily devouring the blueberry muffins, their faces were smeared all over, like they were both vampires and had feasted on a human with purple blood. The young PokéManiac took a spare napkin and cleaned her face, as well as that of her infantile dragon. Then came the refreshments, at just the right time to make those muffins easier to digest. Andrea sipped her cup slowly, while Chomper guzzled on his bowl less slowly.

Jackie supported Andrea's outlandish dream too, which filled the dragon-hooded girl with pride. Pride that was blatantly evident as she addressed her next question. "Yep, I made this all by myself! I spontaneously came up with an idea one day, and started sewing and knitting as fast as I could. This is meant to represent my ideal form if I were to become a Pokémon!" She explained, unabashedly gesturing to her childish pajamas that she was way too old to be wearing in public.

"I like you, so I'll let you hear my frightening roar..." The draconic cosplayer added with a shit-eating grin, raising her arms above her head and roaring in a manner that was surely meant to look and sound intimidating, but failed on all accounts due to her being a squishy, adorable human. "RAWR~!"
@jacquelinedelaroche

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Great Famine [S]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 22:03:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: