played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2022 2:03:05 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The eminent gym badge challenge was never a topic of interest for Felix. Whether he was in Sinnoh, Unova, or Hoenn-- the challenge itself felt like a general waste of time. But maybe he needed that. Some goal outside work or . At least, thats what his conversation with led him to think.

So here he was, taking his first steps into the spacious and well lit fitness gym. "Here." He called out into the void..

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2022 3:42:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar
noah waits on the other side of the caged ring. standing a podium with arms crossed over his chest, he calls out to the challenger, voice a loud flare across the chainlink fencing.

"welcome to the verdanturf gym!" noah shouts. "if you can prove to me you can hold your own in close-quarters combat, then you'll get the knockout badge."

he tosses his pokeballs. against the cage, they clang. red bolts arc onto the ring's canvas, revealing a haunter and passimian that stretch and flex in preparation.

"i'm noah. remind me of your name, man!"

tl;dr and notes

POGPOG

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 2:04:00 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Dull green eyes stared back across the metal fencing, unfazed by the man's booming presence. If anything, he expected it. Felix's actions mirrored the gym leader's; two pokeballs clanged against the ringlets, releasing two bolts of red. Soon, X and Y morphed into existence.

"I'm Felix. Scheduled for 2pm?"

Sauntering towards his side of the ring, he took his place within his side of the ring (wherever was indicated by Noah or the markings), lips curved into a sharp frown.

Charizard and Gallade stretched out their muscles as they waited for instructions.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 7:21:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"yep, that's you."

noah's smile does not falter against the muted matte of his challenger. he does not mind. many times has he cast his bright coin toward the crowd— and even though the draw is strong, there is inevitably the quiet few that remain in the spotlit wake.

"alright! you get first move." noah's voice soars across. "show me what you got. hoenn needs some capable trainers— are you one?"

his pokemon prepare. ghostly wisps spill out from the haunter's claws as the passimian intensifies the sprinter's angle of its crouching start.

tl;dr and notes

POGPOG

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 7:45:32 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

A fighting type and a ghost type. Not the worst combination in the world, though, that haunter held a formable advantage over his own.

"Sounds good." He agreed before turning towards his pair of pokemon. In as little words as possible, he directed Gallade to be weary of Haunter and focus on avoiding his attacks. Despite the upbeat nature of their environment, Felix was hoping to secure a victory through a slow and steady approach. Look for mistakes to expose, he drilled into them. Beyond these words of caution, the trainer directed them to set up the terrian in their favor-- Gallade by utilizing his sword dance and Charizard by using Sunny Day.

If interrupted, Felix would be quick to command Charizard to use Air Slash (towards monkey) and have gallade dodge (gallade towards haunter) or meet their opponent with psycho cut respectively.
Gallade uses sword dance
Charizard uses Sunny Day
If interrupted, Charizard would meet opponent with air Slash and Gallade would dodge (if haunter) or strike back with psycho cut (if not haunter)

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 19:53:44 GMT
noah faber Avatar
the sun bathes the ring, flooding the well-worn arena in a second showering of light.

even in this eversun, the haunter phases into oblivion. it reappears quickly before the gallade. a ghostly blur swings out like a comet— butSHADOW PUNCH misses unlike the litleonids.

"slow them down!" noah says. his passimian already enroute to the charizard, leaps to land beside the haunter.

with a feral screech, the passimian bares its fangs. hugging the hard green berry ball against its side, it balloons its figure with flexed muscle and SCARY FACES.

hopefully, it would hamper their opponents— and as the passimian's last shrill cry fades, the haunter continues to chase the gallade.

"getting hot in here, felix!"

tl;dr and notes

HAUNTER MISSES THE DODGING GALLADE W/ SHADOW PUNCH.
CHARIZARD SCARY FACES.
HAUNTER CHASES GALLADE.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 5:27:21 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

"Yeah..."

It was getting hot in there-- that's what Sunny day did, after all. And with that heat, came a healthy boost of power from the slowed Charizard.

"Shake it off, Charizard. Gallade, good dodge." He called out to his pokemon, offering personal feedback on their performance. Badge or not, this was an excellent training opportunity for the upcoming SPECTRA exam and ANVIL were hosting soon.

Another set of sharp commands was divvied up: Gallade being told to meet Haunter on and Charizard to move to the offensive. With this, Gallade would attempt to turn around on the haunter whenever a weak point presented itself to him, seizing the moment to attack the spectral with NIGHT SLASH. Charizard, on the other hand, would take the opportunity (while the passimian was still in reach ) to use INFERNO on him.

- Charizard uses INFERNO on passimian while the flexing monkey is near him
- Gallade turns to slap Casper with NIGHTSLASH

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 7:32:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar
like a cheeky shaman, the haunter raises its claws. a spectral shield emerges like the eye of an infernal storm as it PROTECTS against the NIGHT SLASH.

the ghost snickers. tugging down one of its eyes, sticking out its horrendously long tongue in a taunting droop. it drags. the ribbon of flesh drags as the haunter floats circles around the SCARY FACED gallade.

it attempts to lure the gallade toward the charizard and passimian. closer and closer. its tongue is like a dripping map marker.

his passimian is embroiled in flame. its muscular shape disappears in its blazing sunset— but the acrid smell of BURNED fur announces its persistent presence. from the fire, the passimian leaps and attempts to strike a devastating REVERSAL with a closed fist.

"BURNING my pokemon huh?" noah says, thumbing his sweaty cheek. "you'll pay for that!"

tl;dr and notes

HAUNTER PROTECTS - ATTEMPTS TO LURE GALLADE TOWARD CHAR/PASSIM.
PASSIMIAN BURNED BY INFERNO
PASSIMIAN REVERSAL (more damage if hp lower).

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 21:30:03 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Clicking his tongue, the Gallade took a step back after clanging his sword against the haunter's spectral shield. Slowed and angered, the swordsman knowingly followed its trace towards the others within the ring. But, thanks to that change in direction, Gallade was given just enough time to notice the Passimian's reversal headed towards Charizard.

"Gallade, wide guard!" His trainer barked from outside the fencing. With a curt nod, Gallade positioned in a way that'll allow him to set a fortified barrier of shimmering gold between him/Charizard and the gym leader's duo.

With this slice of defense, Charizard felt the confidence to meet the incoming attack head-on bubble up inside him. Grinning, the toothy dragon flapped its wings multiple times, sending several blades of wind towards the howling Passimian. (Air Slash)

"Gallade, care with Haunter."

Just a reminder for the aftermath of this engagement.

- Let me know if I have to change this. I think wide guard should be able to work, since Reversal can target multiple foes, but just reach out if anything!
- Gallade uses WIDE GUARD to defend against the incoming reversal
- Charizard meets the incoming attack with Air Slash

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 4:21:05 GMT
noah faber Avatar
his passimian's empowered strike clashes against the WIDE GUARD like metal gear against stone. the fist follows the defensive surface. launches off its edge as the monkey pokemon flips off the barrier with its feet.

"take the hit!" his trainer says- but not to him. rather the haunter, phases in to receive the claws of AIR SLASHES against its ghostly form.

although injured, the struggling haunter manages a snicker as it DISABLES the gallade's WIDE GUARD.

his passimian BULKS UP behind the haunter. despite its burn, it emboldens itself.

"defend nage at all costs!" noah shouts.

tl;dr and notes

HAUNTER takes the AIR SLASHES (weak)
HAUNTER DISABLES WIDE GUARD
PASSIMIAN leaps away from WIDE GUARD to BULK UP

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 2:52:17 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

The success of the wide guard was denoted by the solid thud that followed the Passimian's impact. But, of course, even this small victory was short-lived, as the haunter was able to sneak in a disable before either one of them could react.

"Take this as an opportunity," Felix called out to his mons.

The two, who were similarly huddled close to one another, both nodded and began to flex their muscles. They rigidly moved from pose to pose, elevating their attacking power through the use of SWORD DANCE.

- BOTH POKEMON USE SWORD DANCE
- SUNNY DAY 4/5 (i think?)

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 0:16:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar
"do the same!" noah barks after felix's call. like a triumphant javelin, he directs his voice toward his haunter as it raises its spectral fists. "SHADOW PUNCH the charizard!"

under the ring lights, the SUNNY DAY intensifies the heat enough to warp the air. through the chainlinks, the ferocious shapes of their partners shift like separate flags of flame lashing out from a torch head.

his passimian leaps forth through the haunter's image, its smile phasing in and out. shrieking, it hurls its berry toward the gallade, body twisting as it attempts to DOUBLE-EDGE the lizard.

"they work well together!" noah says of felix's pokemon. "you've done good dude!"

tl;dr and notes

HAUNTER -> SHADOW PUNCH CHARIZARD
PASSIMIAN -> DOUBLE-EDGE CHARIZARD / THROWS ITS HARD BERRY
theyre all close-up and personal!

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 15:55:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Passimin and Haunter were both ganging up on Charizard, and with Sunny letting up, their advantage would soon be lost.

Pressing his lips into a thin line, Felix took a second to mull over the situation, before quickly settling for the most dangerous, but possibly rewarding option: a full frontal attack. It'd be hard enough to hit both pokemon, but in result, it would leave a massive amount of damage for the Charizard himself.

Hopefully, it would be enough.

"Charizard, use FLARE BLITZ. Gallade, use PSYCHO CUT after impact on passimian."

The two nodded, and without another word left to be exchanged, Charizard shot himself into the air, while Gallade took himself into the outer edge of the arena. There, the draconic beast blocked the sun for what felt like forever, soaking it all up, before pelting down at the two enemy pokemon, taking both of their prepared attacks while dishing out his own.

Gallade, from the sidelines, would wait for initial attack to go through before coming in from the right, immediately set to gank the passimianwith Psycho cut.

- Charizard used FLARE BLITZ on both the haunter + Passiamin, will receive both their hits n knock out if it connects
- Gallade is gonna wait it out, then gank Passimian from the side with PSYCHO CUT 
- SUNNY DAY 5/5 (i think?)

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,525 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 7:46:00 GMT
noah faber Avatar
eclipsed by draconic flight, the ring discovers darkness. the plummet is swift. a solar-powered meteoroid— one which the haunter warps ahead of the passimian to take. fiery fists bunch close together. they take the FLARE BLITZ head on, but the charizard is too strong.

the haunter faints upon impact. its ghostly form falls against the passimian, almost solid like a discarded rock. the passimian takes a part of the brunt too- but as it snarls, the monkey rises.

as the gallade ganks, the PSYCHO CUT passes right underneath the passimian's soles. the monkey has ascended into the air, RECEIVING the fallen haunter's ability.

a red bolt snaps in from noah's side. his haunter retrieved.

"focus on the charizard! don't let up!" noah shouts.

the passimian dives in and out, weaving in from the air as it LEVITATES around the ring. continuously, it throws its hard berry toward the charizard, bouncing it from hide to hand and hand to hide, should it connect.

tl;dr and notes

HAUNTER FAINTS
RECEIVER ABILITY TAKES LEVITATE
PASSIMIAN DODGES PSYCHO CUT
THROWS BERRY AT CHARIZARD, WEAVING IN AND OUT

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Wrestle Mania (gym)
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 2:54:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded as the hit connected, creating a spiral of fire and smoke, all of which was snuffed up by the following blast of wind it created.

Head spinning, eyes dazed, the large draconic beast kept himself standing, but only by a thread. Gallade, on the other hand, reacted well to his missed attack, sliding against the ring's floor to the other side of the cage. His eyes darted upward towards the levitating ape pokemon, then back at Charizard, a decision clear in his mind.

"Another PSYCHO CUT," Felix commanded, and again did the Gallade move to action. As the berry left the passimian's fingertips, the sword fighter dashed to the still-dizzied Charizard. With a leap, he lifted off the charizard's gathered hands, springing off towards the floating foe. As the berry passed by, aimed directly at Charizard's head, Gallade's arm sparked to life, lighting to a pink hue. At the same time it would hit, so would the berry, knocking out Charizard.

- Charizard started off dizzy
- Gallade springs off charizard's hands towards the Passimian, using PSYCHO CUT on him
- the berry hits charizard and knocks him out