Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
KaNotes #2 - Hisuian Goodra
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 13:14:12 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[attr="class","nikki100"]
[attr="class","nikki101"]HAVE NO FEAR OF PERFECTION
[break]
[attr="class","nikki102"]YOU WILL NEVER REACH IT
[break]
[attr="class","nikki109"]

Sitting on the top of her newly acquired form of Voltorb from that peculiar space distortion that happened within the Petalburg Woods, Kano has been pondering on the significance of it but her main focus as a scientist doesn't lay upon the space distortion itself but the new species that she put an eye on. An observation and cataloging of those newly found species are needed, the weight difference, height difference, the typing difference, and many more. From those data then Kano can analyze it further or just store it for further inspection. Kano decides to call for volunteers for the Rocket people who venture to those space distortion and acquire new pokemon or new moves. [break][break]

It doesn't take her a long time to wait as a volunteer decides to pop in and lend a hand to cooperate with her report and research. The volunteer is none other than with his newly acquired form of Goodra.[break][break]

"Greetings and welcome, make yourself comfortable"

[break]
[attr="class","nikki103"]
[attr="class","nikki103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.nikki99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a8354a;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki109 font]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a8354a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 18:11:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Had it been any other species, Gavin might've simply handed it over and been on his way. But tests of his own he'd conducted on the slug-like dragon seemed to indicate that it might've gained partial steel-typing from the shift.

If that was true, it was a keeper. But he's all for helping a study.

"It's my hypothesis that this new variant is a 'Steel-type'," he says not two steps into the door, setting the pokeball on the nearest available surface and surveying Kano with a golden gaze. Right to business. "I'm not sure of its secondary typing, if it has one. Still dragon, perhaps, or something else entirely...? Here, I've prepared a list of moves it seems to know."

On the list are the following: Water Pulse, Steel Beam, Absorb, Dragon Pulse.

"There's a move missing, unless it only knows five, and there's one move I didn't recognize."

close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 14:03:08 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[break]
[break]

The owner of Goodra's new variant, Gavin is someone who goes straight to the point and shares all of the things that he comes to his attention after getting the Goodra. "Huh, it now has a shell." Kano notices the shell on its back and understands that it can enter the shell at will. "It is 25% smaller than the usual variant but 123% heavier than the usual variant which is understandable when you look at the extra baggage on its back." Kano declares while writing down the exact weight and height of her computer ignoring if Gavin finds this interesting or not. Kano knocks the shell and it is hard, harder than rock - it might be as hard as steel. [break][break]

"Indeed, this variant should have steel as its typing and still has dragon type to considering it still can learn Dragon Pulse. Temprament-wise, is there any difference from then and now?" Kano poses a question to Gavin

[break]
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.nikki100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki98:hover .nikki102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nikki103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a8354a;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2022 14:15:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Plenty of Pokemon that lack the Dragon typing can learn that move," Gavin points out; his own favoured species in Lucario among them. "But I'll gladly leave it with you for a few days, for further analysis."

He'd caught the creature for scientific purposes, after all. Perhaps that's why he pulls a face when Kano asks about behavioral changes.

"Well I didn't own a Goodra before this one; caught it in that rift everyone's been talking about. But I've been doing some research on the side just to see what might be so strange about it."

had come home to find Gavin passed out on the couch with a number of books spread out on the table and his laptop open to trading and discussion forms.

"It's incredibly clingy." The Goodra makes a sad noise in its throat. "From what I understand that's not irregular for the species, but this one nearly took apart my lab when I left it a few minutes to go to the toilet." He scoffs. "So if you need to let it alone, make sure you return it to its ball first."

close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 11:41:12 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nikki98"]
[attr="class","nikki99"]
[break]
THERE'S FEAR IN THE EYES
[break]
[break]
[break]

Kano stares at the Hisuian Goodra, listening to the clinginess of the goodra. It is nothing special from the Goodra species itself but from the sounds of it - this particular one is extra clingy. However, Kano can't rule it out whether it is just a personal trait of this particular Goodra or a species trait for this variant. "Gem and Fool will accompany it when I am away. It won't be much of a problem. When you are in that distortion, do you see any particular phenomenon from the Pokemon?" Kano asks Gavin wants to know his experience.

[break]
[break]
NOTES
notes here, i guess?
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 16:00:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"There was a lot going on," Gavin admits. Distortions were a new phenomenon in the region and little understood. Dangerous. It had been hard enough to keep his own footing, and he hadn't been the only one poking around. "There was a flash of something like lightning. That's what drew my attention. When I looked, there it was."

It had been a regular Goomy before, he thinks, but could he really be sure?

"This new move it has, it seems to exhibit when it senses some sort of danger. It got startled by one of my dogs and its skin turned hard as a rock. Iron Defense, I thought, but it didn't recognize the command. Nor Acid Armor."

The Goodra makes a soft cooing sound, swaying.