played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
Where the Lion Sleeps Tonight
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 2:25:47 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix gave the island a hard sniff. It had been a total of three days since he had arrived, and besides a minor scuffle with a venasuar, there hadn't been many challenges worth his time. Gallade still insisted on staying out of his ball, though. For all he knew, a random wild pokemon could swoop in at any second, or someone could take advantage of their lack of defenses.

Nonetheless, he wasn't here to train or practice his survival skills. He was here to discover clues. Hints. Anything that could lead him towards the right path.

"C'mon, let's go." He grunted, gesturing for Gallade and Arcanine to follow suit. A storm was approaching and they needed to seek shelter.

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 18:48:46 GMT
ana fell Avatar
A froth of dark clouds swirled on the horizon, turning the sea beneath it to the color of empty space. White-topped waves lavished the shore. Already the known tidal line Cyg had marked with a vertical stick was steadily sinking under encroaching water. She scrubbed a tired hand over her wind-burnt, reddened face and heaved a breath of salty air. In her left hand, hugged close to her body like one would hold a babe, Sinistree’s Odd Keystone perched upon her hipbone. At her other side, Leonardo stood, stoic and silent, tongue-scarf flowing out behind him.

“This… might be bad,” Cyg said, turning to her Greninja. “We should get further inland.” They’d stayed camped on the beach for the last three days, out of fear of losing track of the pick-up site. Leo’d fished to provide them with sustenance and they’d had coconut milk for hydration. Not being able to afford cable, Cyg’d watched a lot of Survivor.

But the encroaching storm was an unknown threat-- and a dangerous one.

Eventually, she ripped the band-aid off and started heading to the interior of the island, Keystone in hand and Greninja at her side. She could feel the eyes of the island’s Pokemon on the back of her neck-- but none of them had made a move. At least, not yet.

She had almost come to terms with her decision to abandon the beach when they almost walked face-first into another human being and their Gallade. Leo struck a fighting stance and Cyg jumped back, yelling “Holy shit!” and brandishing the Odd Keystone out like a shield. Sensing a disturbance in the peace, purple gas began to leak from the cracks in the stone, as Sinistree’s foul aura surged forward into the churning, spinning, grinning maelstrom that made her corporeal form.

After a second, Cyg peeked around her Spiritomb shield, blinking in confusion. “You’re real,” she said, quiet and a bit breathless. Then reality kicked her in the ass and she dropped Sinsitree’s Keystone from her chilled fingers. “I mean. I thought I was the only other person here,” she explained, flushing a bit red.

| sorry i got a bit carried away ;n;

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 2:26:15 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Arcanine was quick to abandon the group, going off to sniff out a nearby cave to confide in. This left Felix and Gallade to roam the island alone.

From what they had seen thus far, there wasn't too much to worry over-- other than the occasional pokemon, the island was relatively emptied and left readied for the occasional "challenger". And, from what he could tell, Felix was the only challenger left on the island at the moment.

This flawed line of thinking, however, changed upon running into a random woman. "Huh." In contrast to the blonde's surprised shriek, Felix didn't reveal a hint of change across his features, remaining decently impassive to the situation. "You're okay, I'm just passing through." He clarified. Gallade, on the other hand, had mirrored the greninja's response by jumping into a similarly defensive position.

Felix didn't pay much mind to her explanation, or the flush of red that overtook her cheeks. His attention was more stuck to the encroaching swirl of dark clouds. Hopefully, Arcanine was growing close to finding some shelter.

He offered the woman a nod before resuming his path forward, throwing up a hand-tied to a nonchalant, "Careful of the storm."

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 18:39:40 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Back when Cygne worked for the union there would be days during her time off where she’d be in her apartment the entire time and not leave or see another soul through sheer force of will. Amazing how different the feeling was, being out in the middle of nowhere, the sight of another human being was like a fresh breeze; on the contrary, stranded alone in a shitty apartment surrounded by Mauville, she reacted to the presence of other people like a vampire seeing the sun: retreating with a lot of hissing.

didn’t seem too surprised to run into her. If anything, he looked even more bored. Cyg’s mouth pressed into a thin line as she bit back a sigh. Yeah, I seem to have that effect on people. “Passing through?” She parroted back at him, half a laugh in her voice at the simplicity of the statement. “We’re on a deserted island. Where are you ‘passing through’ to?” she meant it more as a joke but it sounded a little strung out.

He just carried on his way, like this was just another day for him on this deserted island. Cyg turned to follow him, feeling a bit like a kicked puppy. “Did you sign up for the tourist trap thing, too?” she asked.

Behind her, Leonardo picked up Sinistree’s keystone base, and carried the evil cloud of purple after their master.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 6:42:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
m!drednaw

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - shell armor[break]
g-max stonesurge / rock tomb / liquidation[break]head smash / razor shell

FROM THE ISLAND, a Mega Drednaw lurks. The apex predator. Gargantuan in size, it possesses a nasty bite, able to sever the thickest trees with ease. However, it is durable as it is strong. Can you navigate past this behemoth? Or will you face it head on?[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 1:27:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Despite his efforts to shrug the woman off, she insisted on following close behind, shooting off questions left and right. "Don't know," he answered, impassive. It was the honest truth-- there was no telling where he was going, only where he wanted to go to.

Fatigued eyes kept straight forward, he continued to follow down the nature infested dirt road. It'd been a while since he had to navigate through similar terrain. Somehow, it felt nice.

Until the rumbling came.

Widen eyes, tightened expression, Felix turned back towards the girl and his Gallade, a glint of urgency in his eyes. Only a few things could generate that level of tremors. "Follow me, now!"

These same urgent eyes left to scan their surroundings, hurriedly searching for a bundle of shrubbery to hide in. When he located a decent patch of bushes, Felix gestured for the others to follow him, then he pludged deep into the web of branches himself.

@cynge

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 17:13:09 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygjungle"]
[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]
[attr="class","llppromised2"]
[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]i know[break]all about

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]your prayers, tender thoughts, and careful cares

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

Cyg got the distinct feeling and Felix was trying to leave her in the dirt, and on God, she was not going to let that happen. She did not give a singular fuck about his solitary preferences, she was going to annoy him to the ends of this island and back because they were the only two people here for the love of all things holy they were on a deserted island and she was a hairsbreadth away from descending off into a manic spiral from the solitude alone. The skin on her shoulders, neck, and upper back was reddened and tight with sunburn, her face chafed and raw, her mouth sour from the sweetness of coconut juices and lack of a toothbrushing. [break][break]

She looked a menace and was fully determined to be one, if only for the distraction of burning up the hours on this island. [break][break]

’s apathetic response made her roll her eyes and she pantomimingly mocked him behind his back where he could not see, mouthing don’t know and then sticking her tongue out and pulling a face. Ooh, look at me, I’m the cool silent type, I’m too cool for you, Cygne. Yeah, well why don’t you go and choke on your cool coolness, Mr. Too-Cool-For-School.

God, she was bored. It was making her crazy. Well, crazier. [break][break]

Cyg trailed after Felix, a comfortable distance behind, still thinking furious thoughts as she picked her way through the undergrowth, Leo and Sinistree bringing up the rear guard-- and a good thing, too, as she stumbled and fell to her knees and palms in the soil, the earth shivering and rumbling beneath her. Her first exhausted thought was the system was glitching out, but then Felix was suddenly in front of her, ordering her to follow him and then dashing into the underbrush. Leo helped Cyg pick herself up and she shook the dirt from her stinging hands. [break][break]

“Oh, so now you want me to follow you?” she said, petulant and loud. [break][break]

Luckily, Leo was more than aware of what was going on, and the Greninja shoved his trainer hard after Felix. Cyg yelped and went flying, landing, again, face up in the dirt, but safely out of sight. Sinistree bubbled back into her keystone and Leonardo dropped it on Cyg’s back, knocking an oof out of her, before he took up a defensive position beside Felix’s Gallade. [break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]
[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.cygjungle .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#578d99;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 5:06:45 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Whenever the blonde would readjust herself, Felix would swiftly slither his arm around her shoulders, pulling her in close enough to firmly cover her mouth and prevent any unnecessary sounds. One loud peep from her would be just enough to spell out their demise. "Quiet," He breathed into her ear, voice low and husky.

Experienced eyes surveyed their surrounding area. The ground was still rumbling, but there was no hint as to its source yet. That is until an enormous Drednaw made itself known a couple of meters to the left of their position. Felix's grip on Cynge tightened and his lips drooped into a frown-- the beast was heading North East, but given the speed, it was going, they'll be stuck here for an hour before it would be safe again. And, with the storm still brewing above, they didn't have that amount of time to spare. "Okay, let's try to leave quietly."

@cynge

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 16:38:16 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]your prayers, tender thoughts, and careful cares

Cyg felt herself pulled against Felix and she froze, immediately, on the spot; any sense of lingering delusion left her and she snapped back into herself like a taut rubber band. The back of her head was against the hard of his chest and he was a warm presence behind her. His voice was hot on her ear and she stopped breathing. [break][break]

There was little intimacy like the kind between people trying to survive. Cyg was so focused on her proximity to Felix that she almost missed the huge, lumbering monster, crawling its way across their path. Her eyes widened as she took in the sheer size of it, all the heat transferring from Felix suddenly going cold. She tapped his arm gently and flashed a thumbs up to let him know she got it and would behave. I’ll be a good girl now. [break][break]

A distant rumble of thunder-- or maybe it was the Drednaw’s steps-- quaked the jungle and Cyg clenched her eyes tight. She waited for Felix to release her to gently crawl to her hands and knees. Keeping low to the ground and behind the lining of foliage, she slowly began moving in the opposite direction of the Drednaw; at the last second, Cyg remembered to grab Sinistree’s keystone, holding it close to her chest.
[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 15:06:42 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix nodded back. With her confirming her temporary obedience, he was able to loosen his grip and focus his attention onto more pressing matters: like the giant eldritch being stomping around behind them. He gave the monster one last confirming glimpse before urging the group to move forward, well aware of the imaginary ticking timebomb that was looming over their heads.

The faster they change positions, the faster he'd be able to guarantee their safety.

Countless branches and crinkling leaves peppered their path, and as such, it took an extra set of patience to maneuver by without creating noise. "Just keep moving forward," He ordered, glancing over at the blonde and her companions. "We should be out of range soon."

Eventually after a few minutes of crouch walking, Felix finally felt himself grow content with the amount of distance they were able to place between them. His last confirming glimpse behind them only confirmed this.

"We're safe."

And funnily enough, shelter had somehow found itself to them. Not more than three feet away laid a wide cavern. One which sheltered a still-dozing Arcanine that looked awfully similar to the one he sent out an hour ago...

@cynge

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 20:03:01 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]

It was a long crawl to safety, but with each forward step, the earth-shaking lumbering of the ancient Drednaw seemed to grow more and more distant. Still, Cyg kept her eyes fixed solidly on the ground to avoid snapping any branches; she had to bite her lip more than once when she stabbed her palms on a particularly sharp pebble or skinned her knees on the rough ground. Every so often her arm would begin to cramp and she’d shift Sinistree’s keystone to the opposite elbow.
[break][break]

By the end of it, her whole body ached and part of her wished the Drednaw would just snap her up and call it good. The cave was a beautiful sight. Cyg’d laid eyes on its warm, welcoming mouth and the slumbering form ensconced within just as Felix announced they were no longer in harm’s way. She hardly dared breathe for believing it and kept crawling resolutely until she was safe inside, flipping over on her back and breathing hard.
[break][break]

“That’s the scariest thing I’ve ever done on my hands and knees,”
Cyg said with a snort, giddy with the thrill of being alive. She had the vague notion of her Greninja and Felix’s Gallade joining them by the arrival of more shadows in the dimming, gray-green storm light. Sitting up, she stared out into the jungle, so thick for trees she couldn’t individualize them. Something flashed and she wasn’t sure if it was lightning or gaps in her vision due to sun stress and heat exhaustion, but the thunder rumbled all the same. Foggily she wondered if maybe Felix’s Arcanine would mind a cuddle. Even more foggily, she wondered if Felix might want one, too.
[break][break]

Smothering the thought with a yawn, she stretched, wincing as something in her body popped. “Thanks for getting us out of that,” she said, settling back against the cave wall to rest.

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 3:20:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Arcanine lifted his head and gave the group a lazy smile as they made their presence known. Gallade, who seemed less than happy about the Pokemon's response, replied with a solid thud to his head.

But that was normal for them.

Upon entering the cave, Felix walked toward his Arcanine and knelt down beside him. From Cygne's perspective, he was just patting the large Pokémon down, but his true intentions became much clearer once he stood back up, this time with his hands full.

"Hungry," He asked, leaving her sign of gratitude completely ignored and unanswered. Turning around, he placed the two cans of beans down near the snout of his Arcanine, then pulled out a bundle of sticks that were hidden (again) behind the Arcanine's mountain of fur.

Half-lidded eyes flicked up towards Cygne. "We can eat after I get a fire going."

link

@cynge

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 18:37:50 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Watching Felix’s Pokemon go about roughing each other up made Cyg grateful she wasn’t the only person with a team full of freaks. “Hey, don’t bonk his noggin,” she scolded the Gallade good-naturedly, risking the opportunity to reach out and stroke the orange canine’s haunch. “He’s got the right idea.”

She was amazed when Felix somehow managed to produce cans of food from somewhere within his Arcanine’s fluff. She sat up fully, then, and ruffled the beast’s coat with two hands.

“I have got to get me one of these,” she said, looking at the creature in awe. Eventually she turned back to Felix, and scooted closer to where he was building the fire.

“So, are you the outdoorsy type normally,” she asked, smothering a yawn, “or do you watch a lot of Bear Grylls?” She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them. “How did you get roped out here, anyway? You don’t seem the type to get tricked into it.”

Like I did, goes the unspoken remainder.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 19:21:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's expression didn't give a lick of a hint as to where he sided. Rather, it retained this focused stare as his nimble fingers worked on the fire. When the sparks of flame took flight, he only nodded, then scooted back into a sitting position.

"I wanted to come here." He shrugged, eye set onto the crackling fire. It wiggled towards the sky, though, its intensity only fizzled out the higher it went. "I thought it'd be a good way to train."

Several days out on an island inhabited by dangerous Pokémon? An opportunity like that wasn't common nowadays, and with the way things were heading, you can never know what might happen. "Beans or chili?"

- u gotta weasle more outta him

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 21:07:31 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Cyg did a doubletake from where she was hunched over near the flames.

“You wanted to come here?” she echoed, head tilted, arms wrapped round her legs, chin on her knees. “Why?”

It was odd. Why was Felix so prepared? What made him so interested in surviving in the wild? Cyg went on her fair share of adventures but she certainly didn’t bring along canned goods in preparation for intense challenges of survival.

Thunder rumbled from outside the cave as the storm broke. The air smelled thick with rain as sheets of the stuff turned the mouth of their hideaway into a curtain of a waterfall. It was well and truly night, now. Cyg was tired.

But curious. “What are you training for?”