Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 12:53:00 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ even in the ruins
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ even in the ruins

[attr="class","tcsub"] FLOWERS BLOOM AND FLOURISH

[attr="class","tcword"] Mission: Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","tctag"] |

[attr="class","tctext"] There could be no mistaking what had written on the note attached to this sleek, black card with golden lettering:

attached, you will find a black card. feel free to use this at any establishment in slateport. dinner, drinks, and any services offered by slateport’s finest restaurants will be on me for the rest of this year (provided you have the card and valid ID).[break][break]

unfortunately, some places will only honor it for parties of two or less. if you found someone at speed dating, perhaps this could provide a nice date? i hope you well and thank you for your services.

Elisabeth's first instinct had been to return the gift. It was not as if she were hurting financially, and it was--frankly--a ludicrously extravagant present. This paled in comparison to anything else Elisabeth had received outside of an inheritance, despite having been born to nobility herself.[break][break]

It was true that Elisabeth did not need the gift, but that did not mean others didn't. The first to come to mind was .[break][break]

The young woman had made a distinct impression on Elisabeth during their last mission together, where the plucky recruit had surpassed all expectations to impress some VIPs with her skill and ingenuity. Jokingly, Cyg had suggested they ought to share a meal again somewhere, where neither had to prepare the food.[break][break]

Now seemed an ideal opportunity.[break][break]

[attr="class","dontbel"]
[attr="class","dontbeltop"]
[attr="class","dontbeltop1"]

[attr="class","dontbeltop2"]

[attr="class","dontbeltop3"]

CYGNE BOTHWELL

[attr="class","ion-battery-low"]
[attr="class","ion-connection-bars"]
[attr="class","ion-wifi"]

[attr="class","dontbelmid"]
[attr="class","dontbelmid1"]
[attr="class","dontbelimg"]

[attr="class","dontbelname"]

[attr="class","dontbelsub"]SENT NEW MESSAGES

[attr="class","dontbelblurb"]
[attr="class","dontbelblurb1"]
[attr="class","dontbelblurb2"]

Would you care to join me for dinner in Slateport, Cyg?

I have recently been given a rather once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I wished to share it with you.

Pick any restaurant you desire. is paying.

[attr="class","dontbelbot"]
[attr="class","dontbelbott"]
[attr="class","dontbelbot1"][attr="class","ion-happy"]

[attr="class","dontbelbot2"][attr="class","ion-arrow-graph-up-right"]

[attr="class","dontbelbot3"]TYPE YOUR MESSAGE...

[attr="class","dontbelbottom"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto Mono:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Raleway:200,300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.dontbel]border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;border-radius:25px;width:300px;background-color:#f5f5f5;color:#555555;font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbeltop]padding:25px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbeltop1]height:8px;width:8px;border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbeltop2]height:4px;border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:4px;margin:2px 2px 2px 23px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbeltop3]margin:0px -1px;background-color:#38569c;padding:15px;font:bold 7px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;line-height:8px;color:#f5f5f5;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:right;letter-spacing:1px;height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbeltop3 h1]float:left;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbeltop3 i]padding-left:4px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelmid]background-color:#38569c;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelmid1]background-color:rgba(250,250,250,.9);padding:20px;padding-right:32px;border-bottom:solid 1px #e0e0e0;height:70px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelimg]height:60px;width:60px;padding:4px;border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;border-radius:100%;float:left;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelimg img]height:60px;width:60px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelname]font:25px Raleway;font-weight:200!important;letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:20px;padding-bottom:5px;padding-top:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelname a]font:22px Raleway;font-weight:300!important;line-height:20px;color:#38569c!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelsub]font:bold 7px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:1px;line-height:7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelblurb]height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelblurb1]margin:-1px 0px;padding:25px;padding-left:20px;height:202px;overflow:auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelblurb1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #f1f1f1;border-radius:0px!important;border:solid 1px #e0e0e0!important;border-right:none!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelblurb1::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px;background:#fbfbfb;border-radius:0px!important;border:none!important;border-left:solid 1px #e0e0e0!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelblurb2]border-left:solid 1px #38569c;padding-left:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelblurb2 div]border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;min-width:85px;background-color:#eeeeee;float:right;padding:14px;border-radius:3px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbot]background-color:#38569c;border-top:solid 1px #e0e0e0;position:relative;z-index;font:13px Raleway;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbott]background-color:rgba(250,250,250,.9);padding:10px;line-height:13px;color:#38569c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbot1]float:left;padding-top:2px;cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbot2]float:right;padding-top:2px;cursor:pointer;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbot3]border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;background-color:#f5f5f5;border-radius:3px;font:7px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:1px;line-height:7px;padding:5px;cursor:text;margin:0px 20px;color:#cccccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbottom]padding:15px;border-top:solid 1px #e0e0e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dontbelbottom div]height:38px;width:38px;border:solid 1px #e0e0e0;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]
[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]
[Googlefont=Unna]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 19:41:38 GMT
ana fell Avatar
🏃‍♀️🚓
That’s me, on my way.
I’m not running though, I’m flying. Wish me luck because the last time I flew anywhere it didn’t end well. Xoxo gossip swan.

She still had the scars on her shins to prove it.

Nothing got Cyg moving faster than free food-- especially if it was expensive free food, and a chance to catch up with a good friend. She threw on some decent clothes, a face of makeup, hopped on her swan, and took off. Thankfully, aside from some minor bucking and a small detour when Anatida tried to eat a Pidgey, Cyg made it to Slateport in time for the evening news.

It was roughly six P.M and the sun was an orange eye in the Western sky. The air smelled like salt and bonfires.

The place chose had a rotating menu and signature cocktails. It did not serve pop. It had a big, circular area where people could pay to watch the chef cook their food on a huge flat-top over burning coals. Thankfully, Elisa had sprung for a simple four-top table closest to the railing, beyond which was the white sand beach, and then the sea. Her beautiful golden hair was illuminated by strings of fairy lights dangling from the awning above their heads.

“So, spill the beans,” Cyg said, sliding into a seat across from Elisa. “How’d you manage to get into ’s wallet?” She waggled her eyebrows, conspiratorial, as she gazed over the appetizer-- hors d'oeuvres, here, or as Cyg liked to call them, horse doovers-- selection, each of them a type of seafood that couldn’t have taken up ⅓ of a regular sized plate and costing more than $15.00.

“I really appreciate this, though,” she added, not wanting it to make it seem like she was taking advantage of Elisa. Cyg wanted it to feel like good old camaraderie-- they were both taking advantage of ol’ Silph.

wearing | | let's goooooooooooooo

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 20:34:28 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

would remain as sweet and thorned

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]Sleepless in Slateport

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

Flying was not the method of transportation that Elisabeth would have chosen, but before she could offer to have a taxi pick up Cygne, the woman was off on her Swanna and set to arrive. There was no help for it; Cyg neither answered her texts nor her phone. Elisabeth decided to simply arrive at the reservation and hope for the best.[break][break]

This was Elisabeth's first time at the restaurant in question, and admittedly, she had mostly chosen it for the seaside view. For all her love of forests, she had a special place in her heart for the ocean. The salt-kissed wind played gently with the loose golden ringlets of her hair, the ice water in front of her chilled to perfection as she took a dainty sip. [break][break]

Her blue eyes brightened as Cygne approached, a hair or two out of place from the windswept voyage. Not that Elisabeth would ever say a word. "You look absolutely lovely, Cygne," Elisabeth said, the praise sweet and genuine. She herself had dressed in bohemian chic, the loose maxi gown billowing about her in immaculate white fabric. [break][break]

"I hope you don't mind that I have already ordered us some hors d'oeuvres?" she asked, the waiter already bringing the tray of appetizers to their table. "I figured a sampler platter would give us a little bit of everything, in case something wasn't to your liking." [break][break]

There was a wide variety in the assortment, indeed, with everything from salmon mousse cups, to crab cakes, shrimp skewers, calamari, and garlic rolls... Goodness, perhaps she had ordered too much? [break][break]

Cygne's question, however, caught Elisabeth off-guard enough to laugh, waving it away with a dismissive sweep of hand. "I do not know what you are imagining, but it is hardly as lurid as whatever is going through your pretty head," Elisabeth said, endlessly entertained by the eager look on Cygne's face. " is a generous man, that is all."[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

even in the ruins, flowers blossom and flourish

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#8fce00;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#aaaaaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 19:13:32 GMT
ana fell Avatar
Answering her phone or responding to communication in a timely fashion had never been one of Cyg’s skillsets. A product of depression and conflict avoidance, probably.

“Thanks!” she said, a bit too enthusiastic, feeling overjoyed at the prospect of timeless beauty complimenting her thrifted burlap sack of a blouse. She stuck out a leg to show off one of her shiny, silver stilettos-- a size too big but packed in with cotton balls and tamped down with tape so you could barely see them-- “I got these at the thrift store for thirteen bucks!”

The busser brought out a massive tray of finger foods and set them on the table. “I’ll have a whiskey sour with your top shelf, thank you,” she said, unable to hid the smile of glee that waggled its way onto her face as she showed her I.D. No wells diarrhea for her, not today, baby.

She turned back to Elisabeth, shoving a stray piece of hair behind her ear. “Girl, as long as it’s free, it is to my tastes, I guarantee you.” She helped herself to two shrimp skewers and a handful of king crab legs from the fruit de mer platter, slathered in garlic butter. “Uh-huh, generous. You sure there was no smooching involved?” she asked, scandalous and with just a hint of sarcasm, sneakily licking a bit of butter off her thumb.

Cyg didn’t really believe Elisa would have entertained deeds of a carnal nature in order to land a limitless credit card. Then again, she didn’t believe was a dude who was so naturally generous of his own accord. “Did you bake him a cake?” she asked, more serious this time.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 22:23:41 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

There were few pleasures in life as delightful as watching someone you cared about enjoy themselves. Elisabeth looked at Cygne with open fondness, ordering herself a gin and tonic as the other woman gleefully requested a whiskey sour as if accomplishing a most conspiratorial feat. [break][break]

It was, in a word, endearing.[break][break]

"Stylish and prudent," Elisabeth said approvingly as Cygne proudly shared her thrifting expertise. "My mother said you could always strive to be a pretty girl, but it was much more important to be a clever one. Ideally, one could be both, of course." She offered a sly little wink, lifting her glass as if in a toast. "Well done."[break][break]

She had suspected Cygne hadn't had a proper meal in a long time, but it still surprised Elisabeth slightly to discover the sheer gusto with which the other woman dove into the sampler platter, snapping crab legs and polishing off shrimp skewers. A wry smile creased her lips. Perhaps she hadn't ordered too much food after all.[break][break]

Cygne's stomach, however, was far from the only thing that needed sating. The subject of remained as tantalising as ever for the eager Rocket recruit. "My goodness, Cyg, it has been a long time since I smooched anyone, let alone held a man's hand," Elisabeth said with a laugh, a hand pressed to her forehead as she shook her head. "Nor did I bake him a cake. Where do you get these ideas?"[break][break]

There had been some harmless flirtation, certainly, but nothing worth commenting on.[break][break]

"If you really must know," and clearly, Cygne did desperately need to know, "Mr. Silph ordered a significant amount of flowers from my flower shop. For the entirety of Silph Co., in fact. It was a substantial order--perhaps the largest we have ever had to answer. He felt this gift was a neat way of summing up the fee."[break][break]

Flipping the card over in her hands, Elisabeth continued calmly, "And it is hardly limitless. It will last only through the year, and it is limited to businesses within Slateport, and parties of two or less."[break][break]

This didn't explain why the man gave her his direct phone line, but that was a little detail she decided to keep to herself. Goodness only knows where Cygne would run with that tidbit of information.[break][break]

However, the other woman hardly seemed impressed with this professional explanation, so Elisabeth finally gave her a sort of peace offering. "We did meet during the Speed Dating event hosted this Palentine's Day. He was perfectly pleasant, as you might imagine someone of his station might be. It is possible this contributed."[break][break]

Innocent enough.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:24px;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #d5529f;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#efefef;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]border-left:solid 1px #e9e9e9;border-right:solid 1px #e9e9e9;padding:34px;background-color:#f5f5f5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#f1f1f1;border:solid 2px #e9e9e9;border-top:solid 2px #8fce00;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#d5529f!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]font:20px Oranienbaum;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-.65px;white-space:nowrap;line-height:15px;display:inline-block;padding-bottom:15px;border-bottom:solid 2px #d5529f;margin-bottom:18px;padding-top:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#444444;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#8fce00;background-color:#d5529f;border:solid 1px #8fce00;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 17:57:54 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygyum"]
[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]
[attr="class","llppromised2"]
[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]chemical[break]reaction

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]you've been causing qualify me as a saint

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

All throughout the ordering process, Cyg kept sneaking little peeks at , watching her face. She’d been on dates before where the person said order what you want and then made little scowls or was beset upon by eye twitches when she made her selections-- but Elisa’s face stayed placid, slightly rosy, with the barest hint of a smile across her beautiful lips. [break][break]

The praise made Cyg blush and grin. “I don’t know about that,” she said, cheek in palm, elbow on table-- manners who? “Though I suppose abject poverty is a good teacher. I wore the same pair of tennis shoes for three grades in elementary school.” Even when her feet had grown beyond them and they were pocked fill of holes. She flicked a hand, as though waving away the memories. “Anyway, where did you grow up again? Camphrier Town?” she was really searching the memory banks for this one. Not that she didn’t listen to Elisa-- she’d just been more focused on not fucking up their baking at the time. “I hear all these stories of how big and grand Kalos is. Is it really like that?” [break][break]

God, everything was so good. So very rich. Swimming in butter and garlic and salt. The flavors of life. The flavors of money. She giggled behind a crab leg at Elisa’s light fluster at her scandalous suggestions. “I’m just saying, you don’t get to be one of the richest people in the region by handing out blank checks to every beautiful woman on the street.” The waiter brought back their drinks and Cyg sat up. “Oh snap, I gotta actually look at the menu, sorry.” The man said he’d come back in a few. [break][break]

Cyg did not look at the menu. She just did a big blink at Elisa. “Flowers for all of Silph Co.?” she parroted, feeling a little itchy at the prospect. Imagine the disposable income. “Shit, that’s a lot of flowers. Did you even have enough for that?” Cyg realized she had not the foggiest how Elisa got her flowers. Did she have a greenhouse? Did her Pokemon make them to order? How did flowers work, like, as a business?

She took a big pull of her drink-- in a fancy glass with a lemon wedge on the rim-- and sighed in pleasure. Going back to Natty Ice on a Friday night would be so hard after this. “Oh, so there’s conditions. Classic.”

Elisa mentioned the Speed Dating event and her eyes went wide. “Oh yeah, I went to that.” She shrugged, buttering a roll. She remembers the bitter taste of anxiety and mid-level champagne. “Did you meet anyone else fun there?”[break][break]

[break][break]
wearing

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]
[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.cygyum .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#3c63b0;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 21:10:14 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

A faint twinge of sorrow tugged on Elisabeth's heart at the admission, though it had been something she had suspected from their previous conversations. Poverty sent recruits like Cygne to Team Rocket in droves. There was nothing to be helped for it; commenting on it would only serve to make the encounter uncomfortable. The faint furrow in her brow smoothed out as Cygne continued blithely on, seeming content to move forward.[break][break]

"You have an excellent memory, Cyg. Yes, I grew up in Camphrier Town." Countryside, mid-tier nobility: a merchant house. "My father owned a vineyard on the outside of town, and my mother was a local painter. Kalos is certainly... big, and grand, but Camphrier Town was small. Walking into Lumiose City felt like walking into another world." All the traditions that Elisabeth had been raised on had begun to erode, leaving her adrift in this region that had supposedly been her home.[break][break]

"I would run around in the vineyard like it was a maze, catching Wurmples so I could raise them into Beautiflies and Dustox before anyone could scare them from the grapevines." She laughed, somewhat embarrassed at the recollection. "But I released them, of course, once they had grown. They were happier that way, I felt." The blonde took one of the garlic knots and nibbled at it, finally saying, "I was a bookish child who loved the outdoors, but it was a bit lonely, to be honest. I had no siblings, and few children my own age were nearby. So Wurmples for company it was." [break][break]

Not that Elisabeth had minded, at the time. She could lose herself in the world outside and in the world of her books.[break][break]

Elisabeth scanned the menu for an entree, allowing herself the tiniest smirk at Cygne's off-hand comment: "I'm just saying, you don't get to be one of the richest people in the region by handing out blank checks to every beautiful woman on the street." An ill-advised business decision, certainly, although Silph was almost as wealthy as Croseus at this point.[break][break]

"Cioppino with fennel and saffron, please," Elisabeth said to the waiter politely, her menu lying flush against the crisp white tablecloth. However, poor Cygne found herself distracted once more from ordering, unable to wrap her head around the immensity of the Silph Co. order.[break][break]

"We imported several of the flowers in the more customised arrangements," Elisabeth said, this time choosing to enjoy one of the crab legs. "Most, however, I tend to in my own garden. I enjoy floristry. It gives me an immense sense of satisfaction and purpose, when I am not..." When I am not doing what Rocket asks of me. Elisabeth waved off the rest of the sentence with a conspiratorial smile. "Well. When I am not otherwise occupied."[break][break]

Ah. Of course Cygne would want to continue the discussion of the Speed Dating event. Elisabeth's fault, she supposed, for inviting the discussion. Yet this felt less interrogative, however, and more casual in nature than the questioning regarding Silph's business card. Relaxing, the blonde thought back to the evening with a soft hum. "Other than Mr. Silph? Several gym leaders, I remember. A young woman. And..."[break][break]

What to call ? A charismatic scoundrel? Whatever expression had appeared on Elisabeth's face, it likely reflected some of the lingering sparks that had kindled in that encounter, and the blonde hurriedly attempted to quash them before her companion could comment.[break][break]

"A few others. A terribly nosy reporter from the Hoenn news, as well." Elisabeth rolled her eyes, the memory of as bitter as it was the day they met. "I do not find much merit in that publication," she said drily.[break][break]

Then she turned to Cygne, her voice all airy lightness as she asked, "And you? Did you meet anyone to your liking?"

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 16:53:02 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygyum"]

Cyg hadn’t joined Rocket out of desperation or anything. She’d been balancing on the edge of desperate all of her life; it wasn’t anything new, or even worrying, at this point, sad as that was. She’d joined Rocket because she wanted a change-- for herself, for people like her dad, for everyone. Not even because she super believed in Rocket’s goals, ideals, or whatever else made up the basis for an organization-- but because it was just different. [break][break]

“Ooh, a vineyard. Fancy,” Cyg said, impersonating a posh accent and wiggling her eyebrows as she took a drink. God, this was so good. “Yeah, that checks out,” she said as recounted her tales of saving Bug-types from the whims of other fancy nobility girls. [break][break]

She thought of Feldspar. “I don’t have siblings either,” Cyg said, with a shrug. But she never remembered feeling lonely, not really. Just… tired. She winced. That’s probably depression, babes. [break][break]

She listened intently as Elisa detailed what work went into the flowers for Silph Co. An amazing amount of disposable income. “Incredible,” Cyg said, dragging her straw lazily through her drink. “Have you always loved flowers so much?” she asked, thinking of Elisa’s Pokemon and how they’d helped during their baking escapades. [break][break]

Cyg thought of her own romantic misadventures as Elisa recounted her tales of love. She was momentarily distracted by a bobbing ice cube and-- luckily for Elisa-- missed her facial faux pas when thinking about Pace. She glanced up again at the mention of the Hoenn News. “Yeah, it’s pretty garbage,” she agreed. “Space-time is exploding around us but, hey, look at the pecs on the new E4 guy. Such bullshit.” [break][break]

“Oh, um…” Like Elisa, Cyg had to pause to think about what she would call her gaggle of speed dates. “I met some… people…” she pulled a face, trying to remember, “but mostly I drank champagne?”

[break][break]

[break][break]
wearing

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 19:44:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

Cygne's posh accent made Elisabeth laugh so loudly and brightly it earned irritated looks from the patrons at a nearby table. "Posh indeed. You must think me terribly stuck up, hm?" she said, deeply amused.[break][break]

Many trappings of overt luxury left her uncomfortable now, as a general rule. It was one reason she had chosen to live in a cottage, despite having the means for far more lavish accommodations. It didn't change the reality of her wealth in the slightest, however... or her general level of fancyness.[break][break]

"I have, yes," Elisabeth said in answer to the question about flowers, putting down her drink. "My mother had a garden she very much loved, out near the vineyard, and there was a kind elderly gardener who taught me how to tend the plants. After that, I couldn't stop learning everything about botany and floristry that I could get my hands on." [break][break]

Elisabeth made as if to continue speaking, then stopped. The rest of the story behind her obsession was unpleasant -- things that came after her marriage, knowledge stolen from dark and untoward places, and wielded in less than ideal circumstances.[break][break]

Not a topic for today, she decided. Maybe not ever.[break][break]

"I met him, you know," Elisabeth said as the topic of the newest Elite Four member came up. ", yes? He was very kind. I found him leading some poor Squirtles safely through Petalburg Woods." Her mouth quirked into a silly little smile as she continued, "I cannot speak to his 'pecs,' however, as he was adequately clothed. Alas for journalism."[break][break]

As Cygne hemmed and hawed over her memory -- or lack thereof -- of her dates, Elisabeth sipped at her gin and tonic. "It was decent enough champagne," she agreed. "The company seemed... mixed. Was there any sort of person you were hoping to meet, anyway?"[break][break]

Once more the waiter came by and looked to Cygne expectantly, and Elisabeth covered her mouth. "Oh! I will stop distracting you," she said, laughing as she waved her to the menu. "Do order, please."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 16:12:11 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygyum"]

Cyg rolled her eyes affectionately as she finally opened the menu. “Elisa, you should know by now I could not possibly hold a negative opinion of you if I tried,” she said, 100% earnest. [break][break]

She sensed that was getting into murky waters and decided she’d done enough prodding about her friend’s life. The only thing getting grilled here was the food, after all. “When I was little,” she said, trying to veer the subject away from Elisa’s past and onto hers, “I wanted to write horror movies. Not, like, Eli Roth bad ones with just, blood and gore, but like, really deep ones. Like the kind they make 8-hour long videos about dissecting and going back through all the details.” She popped a lemony shrimp into her mouth and dabbed her fingertips on a napkin. [break][break]

“Yeah, I’m sure the guy himself is great,” Cyg allowed, finishing her drink and setting it off to the side for the waiter to grab, “nothing against his character. But his appointment to the E4 is very obviously a poor cover for the chaos and lack of administration the League has at this point in time, with everything popping off around them. He’s just a scapegoat, poor guy.” [break][break]

Cyg shrugged, leaning back in her chair and looking out to the sea. “I think I was just. Bored and sad. You know?” she gave Elisa a wry smile, realizing how pathetic that sounded. [break][break]

When Elisabeth prompted her to finally order, she closed her eyes and counted to three, then flashed them open and picked the first item she saw: “I will take theeeeee kobe beef and lobster burger, please. Yes, the 100-year Balasmic shrimp salad is fine as a side. It says here it comes with a bottle of Rose Dom Perignon? Does it come with an ice bucket? Sweet, that’ll do it. Thanks.” She handed him her menu and turned back to Elisa. [break][break]

“That burger cost more than my life,” she whispered, feeling conspiratorial, “my compliments to Mr. Silph.”

[break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 21:18:24 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

Cygne's compliment touched Elisabeth considerably, though in all the clinking of glasses and eating of appetizers the genuine look of surprise on the blonde's face might have gone unnoticed. Friends were a new luxury in her life, a luxury that she was savoring every moment that she got the opportunity to.[break][break]

That was the real reason for this date, truth be told.[break][break]

"Horror movies?" Elisabeth repeated, riveted by the suggestion. "What great evils would you subject the masses to, Cyg? A bunch of strangers awakened in a ship, perhaps, where they must solve the riddles of a mysterious mastermind to escape? Or no... perhaps some deep philosophical question about mankind." She flashed her companion an eager smile, leaning across the table with rapt interest. "Have you ever written anything? I'd be deeply curious to read the twisted inner workings of your mind."[break][break]

It was, perhaps, unsurprising for a poisoner to be so fond of the morbid and the macabre.[break][break]

Lest Cyg eat all the shrimp, Elisabeth leaned back and helped herself to a skewer, listening intently as Cygne described her frustrations with the Hoenn news -- frustrations that she herself agreed with in their entirely. Nodding, Elisabeth blotted a napkin upon her lips before lowering it, saying simply, "Diversions, delusions, and deceptions, yes. No one likes to see the world for the mess that it is."[break][break]

When the topic of the speed dating was revisited, Elisabeth's expression softened. Boredom and sadness were both things that the florist was more than intimately acquainted with, and it tugged at her heartstrings that her dear friend experienced much the same. "There's no shame in feeling that way, sometimes," Elisabeth said gently. "I think most of us do feel that way, from time to time, truth be told."[break][break]

The mood abruptly shifted, however, as Cygne finally made her order -- which Elisabeth, to her misfortune, saw with a glance at the menu. Over $700PD? For Celebi's sake, why would anything cost that much?[break][break]

No reason to let on to the panic, though--this was Elisabeth's idea, after all, and technically, she had told Cygne not to be concerned about such things. So Elisabeth smiled at Cygne as if this was the most perfectly normal thing to order in all the world.[break][break]

With any luck, was so wealthy that he wouldn't notice. And if the councilman did, well. Elisabeth technically had the money to clean up that little problem, if it came to it.[break][break]

It would just be a terribly, terribly awkward conversation.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 0:21:06 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygyum"]

Cyg did a kind of excited shrug where she wiggled her shoulders back and forth. “Maybe not so deep as that, but, I’ve always been really fascinated with the idea of the Final Girl phenomenon. Like, the last girl alive, who beats the monster and tells the story. The one who is irreparably changed.” She picks nervously at a napkin, totally unused to anyone being interested in her weird ideas. “But I don’t really like. Hmm. How to put this.” [break][break]

She let her gaze drift up and go foggy, chewing at her cheek. “I don’t like… people monsters. Murderers, slashers, freaky doctors who kidnap tourists. That stuff is so gross it’s boring. I like monster monsters. The intangible. Ghosts, demons, cursed houses. Like when you think of something and it’s so terrifying and powerful all you can do is stare at it in awe. It leaves you speechless. It’s not just some angry white dude whose parents didn’t love him so he preys on little girls.” [break][break]

Cyg, of course, has no concept of Elisa’s past and her experience with just how monstrous people can be. [break][break]

The waiter brings Cyg her food and it’s a MASSIVE burger with huge hunks of lobster on it-- gouda cheese, truffle oil, pancetta, foie gras, and arugula, coupled with a lemon-bacon shrimp salad with 100-year-old aged Balsamic dressing and a silver bucket of sparkling ice complete with a 1995 vintage of Dom Perignon Rose Plenitude 2, and two champagne flutes. Cyg claps her hands as someone whom she assumes is a sommelier gives a little spiel about the 1995 Dom Perignon harvest and the flavors of the champagne as he popped the cork. He filled the two flutes, dispersed them to the women, then replaced the bottle in the ice, bowed, and disappears. [break][break]

Completely unaware of Elisa’s internal dilemma, Cyg holds her glass up in salute. “To Silph Co,” she says, grinning, “and good friends.” [break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]
wearing[break]running tally of what cyg's eaten:[break]> fruit de mer platter: 40 PD[break]> shrimp skewers: 20 PD [break]> Whiskey sour w/ Glendalough 17yr Mizunara Cask Single Malt Whiskey, 38 PD[break]> Kobe beef and lobster burger, 777 PD[break] dessert next?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 1:00:07 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

"The Final Girl phenomenon?" Elisabeth mulled this over, stirring her gin and tonic -- newly refreshed and topped off by an attentive waiter. A pleasant buzz had begun to take hold as she sipped the beverage. "I believe Bluebeard's wife is the term I know that as."[break][break]

Such dark stories had left deep impressions upon Elisabeth as a child, though not in the glossy medium of cinema. Dusty old stories and books instead told tales of women narrowly escaping fates of unimaginable horror, or being doomed to suffer for their own curiosity. It was a tale, it seemed, as old as time itself, and retold so many ways it had endless names to express it.[break][break]

Cygne held a point, in a way: men, by themselves, were not so terrifying. There was a certain banality that came with the cruelty that human beings inflicted upon one another. Merely witness enough of it, and the torture ultimately becomes numbing. Few tales scared Elisabeth in that way anymore, because they felt expected -- Elisabeth had lived enough horrors to no longer express shock at the violence other people were capable of, many times over.[break][break]

Kindness, instead, merited her disbelief.[break][break]

All this Elisabeth kept to herself as she thought over Cygne's suggestion, turning the words over and over in her mind, as if examining them from every conceivable angle.[break][break]

"I like monster monsters. The intangible. Ghosts, demons, cursed houses. Like when you think of something and it’s so terrifying and powerful all you can do is stare at it in awe. It leaves you speechless."[break][break]

Her recent encounter in the woods with rushed back to her, the Ghost-type Pokemon leering with glee as the phantoms of her own past played out in their own theater of trauma. The face of her late husband, impossibly present despite his certain death. The misty reminder of her parents' graves, which she had avoided revisiting for years and years.[break][break]

"The powerlessness of what is human before the eldritch is compelling," Elisabeth agreed, her voice taking on a serious tone as she weighed the matter. "I notice there is a type of horror you have left out, however. The irreversible discovery of one's own depravity and capacity for ruin. To the point that you no longer recognize the person you witness in the mirror as you."[break][break]

The buzz began to become a throbbing headache as she dwelled on these dark thoughts, and Elisabeth took a sip of water to quell them, closing her eyes as she focused on brighter things. [break][break]

Thankfully, the food provided a welcome distraction. [break][break]

The lavish spread that Cygne had ordered was so sumptuous it even shocked the Kalosian noblewoman in its array, made all the more ridiculous by the fact the centrepiece was, for all intents and purposes, a very fancy, very posh burger.[break][break]

"I believe," Elisabeth said in a most somber manner, "you are now officially the fancier one between us, Cyg. I relinquish my crown unto you."[break][break]

In contrast, Elisabeth had ordered cioppino with fennel and saffron: a tomato-based seafood stew, provided in a large bowl filled with shrimp, cod, mussels, and clams. By no means a frugal meal, the dish nonetheless paled next to the enormous burger her friend had purchased at easily twenty times the cost.[break][break]

The champagne, however, was a sinful indulgence against Silph's wallet that Elisabeth had been invited to share, and Elisabeth couldn't disappoint the eager look in Cygne's eyes as the other woman lifted her flute in toast.[break][break]

"To good friends," Elisabeth agreed, raising her glass. As they clinked together, she smiled, toasting in her native Kalosian: "Santé. I cannot wait to see what you wind up ordering for dessert."[break][break]

The prospect both intrigued and mildly horrified her.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 3:52:58 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygyum"]

Cyg snapped her fingers and pointed at in glee. “Yeah! Bluebeard’s wife! Fuck that guy. But, same concept.” She speared a shrimp and a handful of greens on her fork. “Admittedly there’s some outdated ideas in it. Like, generally, the Final Girl is the morally pure one that doesn’t do the nasty, drink, do drugs. She’s just better than everyone else.” She shrugged, chewed, swallowed. “That part can die in a hole. But the strength of women in the face of fear! That’s the shit I wanna make movies about.”[break][break]

Elisabeth’s tone got real serious when she started talking about the human infallibility-- changing so much you break the mould. Looking into the mirror and not recognizing the creature looking back. Staring into the void, as it were. Cyg took a big, sloppy bite of her burger as the two of them sat in a thoughtful silence. [break][break]

Finally, she opened her mouth to speak, then went “Hm.” and made a face, organizing her words. How did she want to approach this? “I don’t. Necessarily. Hm.” She pushed greens around on her plate. “I don’t know if I think that’s a type of horror? I don’t think it’s a bad thing. I think… I think people change to the circumstances around them. Like-- like Batman, right.” She waved her hands in circles, in a gesture meaning the big picture. “His whole bit is if he stoops to the level of the villains he fights-- if he kills them-- he won’t be any better than they are. But meanwhile, the Joker breaks out of Arkham every other week and people keep getting hurt and dying and if the Bat just--” she snapped her fingers-- “took care of it, he’d be able to serve his ultimate purpose and protect and save people.” She tapped her index fingers together. “They are not the same thing. Does that make sense?” [break][break]

They eat in silence for a second and then Cyg thinks back to something Elisabeth said earlier.[break][break]

“Bluebeard kills his wives and the wife kills Bluebeard, but the two are not the same.” She wipes her mouth. “Anyway, that’s just what I think.” [break][break]

She’s staring down the immensity of her plate with her champagne flute in one hand and a napkin in the other when Elisa mentions dessert.[break][break]

“I’ll go easy on the price tag,” Cyg says with a grin and a wink.

[break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
Little Black Card #1 [m]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 10:56:49 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]

A ROSE BY[break]
ANY NAME

+Outfit.[break]
+Hairstyle.[break]
+Context!

"Bluebeard kills his wives and the wife kills Bluebeard, but the two are not the same."[break][break]

Perhaps Elisabeth had imbibed too much drink. The statement struck her heart like a well-placed arrow, burying itself into a place that normally she kept hidden from view. Faintly, her eyes glistened with tears that she blinked away before they could show.[break][break]

The two are not the same. You are not the same.[break][break]

Did Elisabeth believe that, though? The example that Cyg gave so off-handedly, that ironically killing for peace was the better solution, had been a conclusion that Elisabeth had come to herself one dark night that she didn't care to remember. [break][break]

The night she realized if someone was going to die, it should be her vile husband, and not her.[break][break]

What Elisabeth hadn't realised then, and what she suspected Cyg herself did not consider now, was the very act of killing changed you. Looking a man in the eyes for an entire year as you slowly killed him, allowing him to believe you were his body and soul as you smiled at him with love you did not feel, twisted and warped your sense of who you were until you didn't know yourself.[break][break]

In the end, Elisabeth had killed Bortiforte, but she had killed part of herself, too. A part of her that she would never get back, no matter how hard she tried.[break][break]

And in its place, something else had been born in her -- the seed of something monstrous and cruel, that felt nothing when she tortured others the way she had once suffered.[break][break]

"Perhaps you are right," Elisabeth said instead as she enjoyed her meal. "I think I would like to read your stories sometime, Cyg. If you'd let me, that is. I deeply enjoy hearing your thoughts on matters like this one."[break][break]

At the comment regarding dessert, however, Elisabeth laughed. "In for a penny, in for a pound," she said, grinning. "Get whatever you like. We've already passed the point of no return."[break][break]

In more ways than one.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES