TAG WITH @thefixer
The Fixer
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 17:12:58 GMT
The Fixer Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The Fixer, for even when not working, that was how he thought of himself these days, was indulging himself today. While he had no particular aims towards finding love, or anything like it, most especially at a speed dating event of all things, he saw no harm in seeing what all the fuss was about. That, and it was a fine avenue for scouting out potential clients, and to start on building his database of people in Hoenn. You never knew who would end up a target, or an obstacle, and even the smallest throwaway tidbit of information could prove useful. So he did his homework, and enjoyed himself with people-watching, and decided that this was a fine way to spend his time. [break] [break]
As long as he didn't end up with anyone that was really irritating, anyway. [break] [break]
So there he was, sitting on the chair that was, like many chairs, just undersized enough for a man of his height to be persistently uncomfortable. His posture was relaxed, his right elbow resting atop the table, his fine jawline cupped in his large, calloused hands, leaning slightly to one side. Dressed in a simple, tasteful shirt that bore minimalistic designs of deep blue and white, he had elected to go with a more casually dressed look, with new jeans and functional, polished black boots. His dark brown hair was styled via a swift application of wax and little effort, and his brilliantly blue eyes were almost lazy as they scanned the people that lay within their view, noting faces, mannerisms, body languages and more, to be filed away and catalogued for later. [break] [break]
As his...Date, he supposed, approached, he rose from his languor to extend his hand, a lopsided smile on his lips, his manner amiable. "Call me Nate. So, am I your first, or the latest in a long line of brief, slapdash conquests today?"

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidnotes"]

notes.

The Fixer is in his civilian identity as Nathaniel Wintermoore.

[attr="class","rigidpokes"]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #bc063e; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #bc063e; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #bc063e; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #bc063e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #bc063e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #bc063e; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #bc063e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #bc063e; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Arbok Nine
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 17:52:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

'Daisuke' approached the next table alongside DeDe the Audino. The tall, black-haired Hoennian, garbed in a polo shirt, a nice pair of slacks, and black, polished boots worn under his slacks, gladly took the handshake. Meanwhile, DeDe would let out a cheerful cry to the man, and his Pokemon.

"If you could call them that.", he remarked. "I'm Daisuke.", he'd introduce himself, before taking a seat across from the man. "So, what do you do for a living?", he'd inquire.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

Amondrask

Fix, Mr. Fixer, Mr. Fix
He/Him
December 17
Mahogany Town
Demisexual
Fixer
Grunt
5 height
5 height
I can fix that.
awards
20 posts
The Fixer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @thefixer
The Fixer
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 18:04:47 GMT
The Fixer Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

A handshake could say a lot about a person. The Fixer had shook hands with just about every type of person imaginable, and thus had a masterful understanding of what could be communicated in such a brief contact, or so he liked to think. He'd met big men, real bruisers, who were desperate to be seen as strong, so desperate that it betrayed the aching vulnerability of their inner self. The crushing grasp, the overlong hold, the wide-eyed stare, the lean-in; All classic moves of the bully, the little man trying to be a big person, and failing. [break] [break]
Nate did none of these things. His handshake was firm, solid, and simple. It conveyed self-assurance without exerting undue force, and it came with a pleasant crinkling of the edges of his eyes. Lowering himself back into his still-too-small chair, he draped his right arm over the wooden back, his left hand and shoulder rising in a slow, expressive shrug. "Oh, this and that. Odd jobs, security consultation, that sort of thing. I'm the guy who knows a guy that can put you in contact with the solution to your problems, kinda deal." [break][break]
An upturned flick of his fingers, his tone pleasant as he asked, "Yourself?" [break][break]

notes.

N/A

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #bc063e; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #bc063e; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #bc063e; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #bc063e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #bc063e; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #bc063e; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #bc063e; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Arbok Nine
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 18:11:29 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

'Daisuke's' handshake was also a simple, firm handshake. It was friendly enough, without being too awkward.

"Interesting.", Daisuke remarked, being sincere, but playing it cool. Internally, Thomas was taking note of this, wondering if this man would end up being friend or foe. That was, if he was telling the truth. "I'm just a humble ranch hand, and amateur trainer.", he'd answer. "Certainly not as exciting as what you do.", he'd add.

"So how long have you been in the business?", he'd inquire.

tags:

close tab

played by

Amondrask

Fix, Mr. Fixer, Mr. Fix
He/Him
December 17
Mahogany Town
Demisexual
Fixer
Grunt
5 height
5 height
I can fix that.
awards
20 posts
The Fixer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @thefixer
The Fixer
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 18:20:40 GMT
The Fixer Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The Fixer had to suppress a smile that, if allowed, would have been four parts amusement to six parts skepticism. A humble ranch hand, huh? And making a note to say how unexciting it was, too. Simply a private individual? It was natural not to want to bare your soul to a complete stranger, after all. Still, Fixer thought, as his eyes flicked casually down to examine Daisuke's hands for any tell-tale callouses that a ranch hand might possess, he'd been around enough cagey folk to have a good sense for this sort of thing.[break] [break]
His upraised hand drifted through the air in a lazy, flowing motion, illustrating the vagueness of Nate's response. "Security consultation, I'd say about ten years or so, but knowing people?" A quick, bright grin, sharp and mischievous. "That's a lifelong calling, I'd say. How long have you been humbly handling ranches? And how's the foray into training coming along? You have a fine Audino there." This last observation was accompanied by a polite nod to the pink and cream pokemon, a warm, genuine smile turned briefly DeDe's way.[break][break]

notes.

N/A

close tab

played by

Tagger

Arbok Nine
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 18:33:15 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As he would see, Daisuke's hands did have telltale signs of ranch work. Even before taking on the identity of Daisuke, Thomas had involved himself with working on the ranch ever since he established it a few years ago. And even as he hired ranch hands to assist with the work, he never stopped getting involved with the work himself.

But what he might also find telltale signs of is a man with training. Someone who knew his way around melee combat, as well as his way around a firearm.

"I see.", 'Daisuke' replied, genuinely invested in what the man had to say, but still playing it cool. "I've only been tending to ranches semi-recently. And as for my training 'career', I have yet to pursue my first badge.", he'd admit.

"Thank you. DeDe has been a wonderful friend to me.", he'd remark. "And if I do say so myself, you have a fine looking Abra with you.", he'd comment.

tags:

close tab

played by

Amondrask

Fix, Mr. Fixer, Mr. Fix
He/Him
December 17
Mahogany Town
Demisexual
Fixer
Grunt
5 height
5 height
I can fix that.
awards
20 posts
The Fixer DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @thefixer
The Fixer
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 18:47:44 GMT
The Fixer Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Callouses, much like handshakes, could tell you volumes about a person. If you knew what to look for, there really was a veritable cornucopia of little signs that you could learn to read, interpreting them to divine hundreds of minute details about someone's life, their history, their work. It was a fascinating hobby in its own right, even detached from how useful it could be in his line of work. Idly, he wondered if it constituted a proper field of academic research. Maybe somewhere, in some lab or university, there was a group of seriously minded scientists writing papers on the minutae that made someone who they were. [break] [break]
So the rough pads of hardened skin on Daisuke's hands told Fixer that he was no stranger to manual labour, which he always appreciated in a person, but there were a few that were more likely to have come from extensive handling of guns, if he was any judge. And considering he had more than a little experience with firearms himself, he would put money on it - If he was the betting type, anyway. Gambling was a waste, the hobby of the rich and the desperate, and he was neither.[break] [break]
"Oh, I wouldn't put too much stock in badges, anyway. I've met plenty of people that never set foot in a Gym and could beat most Champions up and down the street. Best to be prepared and confident before you go in for a badge, anyway, I reckon." Turning his head to regard the Abra that was drifting aimlessly to one side of his shoulder, evidently bored out of his mind, Nate cracked a broad, boyish grin. "Why, thankya. He's a good sort, though he has no interest in this sort of thing, an-" Whatever he had been about to say was cut short by the loud buzzer that signalled the end of the current round of dates, which elicited an apologetic half-smile as he stood, collecting the Abra onto his shoulder. "Guess that's that. Was nice talking to you. Good luck with the training!" [break] [break]
With a languid wave cast over his shoulder, the big man strolled on over to the next table, his Abra leaning his head against Nate's and sighing heavily.

notes.

It's a wrap!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Arbok Nine
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 19:41:49 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Incidentally, Thomas didn't put much stock in badges for years. At least, not until he became a Gym Leader, and was handing them out. Still, if he did actually pursue badges, it'd be for the sake of challenging the Gym Leaders of the area.

"That's true.", 'Daisuke' replied.

The trainer would notice how bored the Abra looked. But before the conversation about the Abra could go on, the buzzer sounded off.

"Nice talking to you as well, and best of luck in your ventures.", Daisuke told him with a smile, heading off to the next table with DeDe in tow.

tags:
notes: Fin

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,898 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Business Casual (SD)
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 5:01:06 GMT
shiv Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times