2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 19:31:07 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Mint was drunk. He knew it by the way the world rolled through his head when he tilted it. He knew it by the feeling of molten metal in his belly. There's a numbness in his fingers, and tears in his eyes. His cheeks hurt for how hard he was grinning. But he's not watching a romcom and eating his feelings. He's ordering a third shot of patron and keeping his tab open. The little room was well lit for now, a disco ball spinning above and multicolored lights flashing every so often.

The smell of fried food permeated the air and glitter dotted the grunt's face. A bright pink mic is laying on the table as he took a snack break after much deliberation and Gelatto, the anxious fox, pawing at him from his feet. "Ok, ok, okaaaay I got it. More fried chicken." He whined as he nibbled on a wing carefully, lest he choked. "Yooh tune, Fewwix." He said as he gave his newest, and awkwardest friend the spotlight. Poor bastard had the misfortune of finding a tipsy Mint on the street and that had been that on that.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 20:32:13 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Drinking in public spaces wasn't an activity Felix partook in often. Minus the few glasses of Whiskey he'd order when out with and other ANVIL admins, there weren't many times he had gone out of his way to drink to the point of growing drunk. Much less get sloshed the way Mint had tonight.

He 'tried' cutting him off when they first ran into eachother, but all it took was a little bit of insistence to deter him from saying more. If he wants to get drunk, who was Felix to stop him, right? Unfortunately (and fortunately), during these back and forth, Mint had slowly convinced the oblivious workaholic to take the shots for him.

"Take it for me then," He'd say. And, again, who was Felix to disagree? He'd rather take a easy shot than resort to be wasteful.

But one "easy" shot became two, which became three, which became six, then seven. On and on it went, until the man was sprawled out beside him, legs on top of his, eyes closed in a futile attempt to stop the world from spinning.

"Meee..eee?" He slurred, pointing to himself, right eye popped open. "I don sin...sing, Mint"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 23:39:56 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Despite previous attempts to stay sober, Mint is glad to have convinced his companion to join his drunken rampage of scream singing and wiggle dancing. He took a swig of water, after a bit more whining from his Ninetails before finishing off the chicken wing and carefully setting the bones back on the plate. He licked his fingers clean before wiping on his dark jeans and shaking his companion by the knee.

“Come OOOOON Fewwix! Errybone sings~” he said trying to encourage the dizzied man to sit up. He offered him a hand in case he did. “Plu-…Plus. Plus. Plus. Y’don’ hafta sing. W- Sing well.” He continued, thinking he was being very persuasive despite his drunken stupor. “If…If y’pick a do it, I’ll sing witya.” He added shoving a couple of French fries into his mouth, suddenly hungry and craving sustenance.

mission prompt: kouple kareoke

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 5:04:30 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Mint's arguments were convincing. Nibbling on his bottom lip, he considered a few possibilities; what songs he could sing, if he should sing...

It took a few seconds of contemplating, but like before, he eventually relented. Taking Mint's hand, Felix hoisted himself up from the leather couch. Glossy eyes floated towards the blank screen and, unbeknownst to his numbed senses, his lips stretched into a broad smile. "Fineeee, fineee."

He took two clumsy steps forward, spun around, then beckoned his munching friend off his feet. "Come herrrrrre" Speech slurred, eyes drifting downwards, he moved his finger to point out a song from the laminated book of tracks: Surface Pressure - Encanto.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 6:48:57 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Mint managed to choke down the fries he’s stuffed into his mouth before knocking back a bit of soda. He grinned and gave the taller man a thumbs up as he got up to do his own song and dance, with Mint hyping him up on back up vocals. IT was. Not good. But that didn’t matter because it wasn’t like they’d really need to remember this. Besides, Felix was having fun. He was pretty sure this was the first time he’d seen him smile. By the end of it he was giggling like a maniac, one hand clinging to Felix’s waist while he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

“Ok kay~ Seeeeee?” he said managing to pull himself to his feet and stand on his own without assistance. “Wasn’t that like shuuuuper fun?” he said snorting a moment before reaching over for another drink. This time his hand landed on a bottle of water whichhe chugged half of before setting back down. He smacked Felix’s ass in an effort to shoo him off stage. “MY TURN!!” he did a very slow spin before putting his focus on the songs. It took him around five minutes before he was scream sobbing the lyric, “WHEN I PARTY THEN I PARTY TOO MUCH! WHEN I FEEL IT THEN I FEEL IT TOO MUCH!” He stumbled on stage using karaoke like he did romcoms: to tap into compartmentalized emotions and expel them through tears, screams, and snot.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 23:16:17 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
A low, choppy chuckle came out from the loosen Felix after the song's finishing notes played out through the karaoke speakers. "It was...fuuun," He admitted, lips stretched into a lazy grin. It'd been a while since he last got drunk like this; it'd been a longer since he had fun like this. Unbalanced legs wobbled back onto the couch, as mint's little ass slap was enough to shoo him off the stage.

Thrown back onto the sticky leather couch, arms sprawled over its headrest and one leg propped on top of the table, Felix happily watched his friend shred the next song. "Gib it your ALLLL" It was clear from his encouragement, upward thumbs, and glazed eyes that he held not a single shred of an idea that tears = bad emotions. From his point of view, Mint was just 'really feeling the lyrics'-- or, atleast, that's what told him one day while they were watching one of his favorite kdramas.

Once the song concluded, Felix rose to his feet and offered the star 3 thunderous claps. "Goood jobby, Minty."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 0:52:51 GMT
mint frost Avatar

“Tank you, thanks!!” Mint said sniggling hard as he wiped his arm roughly over his eyes. “Hehehe, you did good too!” he said as he slumped down next to Felix before the man moved on up to take on the next song. He wiped his hands on a napkin before grabbing another handful of fries and scarfing it down.

He bobbed his head along to the music, watching the lights change and dance around the audio. He idly glanced at the digital clock on the touch pad they were using to pick songs, before noting the time. It was pretty late. When did the karaoke place close again? “Hey Feliiix….? I…I think a couple more songs an’ then I’m paying my tab mmkay?” he said tapping the screen to show him the time. “I live close by, if y’wanna crash on m’ couch. We can get pancakes later~” he added with a laugh. Even drunk, he had a small speck of concern for his friend, even if the other man was bigger and more muscular than him by a long shot. He fumbled with a pokeball on his belt before releasing a grouchy looking Luxray who eyed the pair of them before huffing and settling on the other end of the couch to wait. “Ca-..Cacio can walk us home.” He added as he leaned over to give the panther pokemon a quick few pats on the baack.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 2:58:06 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's head flopped to his right, eyes squinting towards the digital clock Mint referred to. It was getting late, and he did have work to complete the next day...

The ends of his lips drooped into a frown and his eyes returned to Mint's, an obvious glint of disappointment laced between them. "Yeeeah, it is get-ting late..." He murmured. As he said this, his body slid downward, only stopping once his shoulders crashed against his friend's. With his body layered beside his, Felix rested his head onto Mint's shoulder and stared out towards the wall. "That sooundz good."

But, before they could even approach the idea of lifting off the couch, Felix decided to ask something he was wondering about a few minutes prior to the conversation. Something he typically wouldn't ask, as it wasn't his place to do so. "B4 we heed out, I have one...one question." Eyes glancing upward, he jutted his chin so that he was able to look at him in the face. "Why ar-are you sad?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2022 3:06:11 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Felix’s body weight isn’t uncomfortable, but it is warm. Then again Mint is VERY warm which was to be expected after all the drinking he’d done. He doesn’t get up, instead adjusting himself so he can lean back on Felix and keep the bigger man from making him slide all over the couch. “Yaaay~! Slumber paaaartyyy!” he cheered weakly, struggling to keep his eyes open. “It’ll be fun, an’ the blinds in my house are super dark…they block out all the light so no worries.” He said rambling softly but happily about his apartment.

He's taking his time getting up. He even considered letting Felix fall asleep on him like this, his own eyes drooping as Cacio sniffed around the room, stealing food they weren’t going to finish and triple checking they weren’t leaving any of their belongings. The question seemed to inject new energy into Mint, but it’s not happy like before when he’d invited Felix over. It’s nervous, anxious even. “I-…I dunno.” He said reflexively.

Despite his body’s immediate desire to shield himself form a very hard question, he’s weakened, even more so than usual. “I…um…my best friend @artemis …isn’t friends with me no more…” he began his voice soft and cracking as he remembered his awful Christmas and the aftermath of that, and the lead up to it as well. “An’…um…my other friend… is gone…an’ I haven’ talked to him in a while….” He added after a minute of quiet. “I…I don’ have anyone t’ talk to anymore…an’ people are only around me when they hafta be…an’ I’m real lonely…an’ I’m super weak an’badatstuffandIhatemyself’causeofit!!” The more he spoke, the higher in pitch his voice grew as he was brought back to tears. Even in his state he is still ashamed, pulling his knees to his chest and sobbing into them.

He dind’t want to unpack this right now, but like a dam undone it wouldn’t stop. Cacio was careful to move closer, jumping on the couch to sit on the other side of his trainer.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 5:27:18 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Everything sounded good. From the sun-blocking blinds to the alluring desire to just flat out knock out there and then-- the night was slowly wrapping up into a nice memory. It wasn't until Felix's faithful answer shattered the tranquility did the mood stiffen, then soured into a melancholic hum.

When Mint began to answer his question, Felix immediately retracted himself from the other, sobering up enough to properly sit back up. Dead silent, he carefully listened to the man's somber explanation. It wasn't an experience he could easily empathize with, however, he wish he could. Throughout every pause that spaced out his ramblings, Felix's mouth would open, then immediately shut, as no words of actual merit could crawl up out of his throat.

Eventually, when Mint's words melted into sobs, Felix finally spoke. "We can always talk more...?" It was more of a question than an actual statement. Though, it was the best he could muster-- it'd been a while since someone cried in front of him, much less someone around his age. 

He wanted to help...he just didn't know how.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 1:54:32 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Cacio is careful to move flush next to Mint, nuzzling his head slowly into the trainer's side and purring quietly in an attempt to steady him. This always happened. He had a good time, seemingly a little too good of a time, he would say or think of something innocuous and then Mint would turn into a blubbering mess. At this point, the Luxray could only wait for him to let it out before it got better. At least, as better as he could be repressing it all again.

Mint's erratic sobbing slowly seemed to be forced back, and his almost panicked breathing steadied. He sniffled hard keeping his head down until he was ready. He rubbed the palms on his hands on his face before speaking up. "I-I dunno...if that'd help." he said trying to push back the crying demon. Sometimes he just couldn't hold it back, and unfortunately this was one of those times. "I don' wanna t-talk here though..." he added, looking at his Luxray and giving the pokemon a shaky pat on the head. "Y-You don't seem like the a hugger either." Mint added with a harsh laugh. Harsher than he meant to anyway. "Sorry...um...we don' have t'talk...we can jsut walk home." he offered as he covered his face again and rubbed his eyes as he felt the pricks of tears again.

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 4:21:26 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Felix's lips pressed into a frown.

He wanted to help. To ease some of the burden Mint's heart was carrying, or at the very least, be able to offer a normal level of support. Fingers twitching, his eyes averted towards the floor, the gears in his brain clanked away as they desperately searched for a solution. An idea.

"No, I didn't mean it like that." Soft words slipped from his mouth. They were unsure of themselves, but given the unfamiliar terrain they were treading through, that was only natural. "I meant more like..."

The sound of his voice trailed off as different thoughts continued to clash against each other, mixing and mashing into an overwhelming wave of unknown thoughts and feelings. Eventually, they settled on one last resort.

Taking one last deep breath in, Felix leaned over towards the sobbing man, arms rigid and stiff, and attempted to wrap themselves around his shuddering shoulders. It wasn't much, but it was the best his sobering mind could come up with.

He held this position for what felt like hours. Then, once satisfied, he'd slowly retract his body from the other and begin to robotically shuffle to his feet. "Let's go then.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 0:15:10 GMT
mint frost Avatar

His breathing is shaky at best, still visibly upset despite the ever increasing desperation to STOP IT. He just wanted to be OK. He didn't want to burden Felix with this, especially not when he'd offered to let him take his couch for the night. How were they going to go to IHOP the next morning? He wouldn't blame Felix is he just left.

Mint was too embarrassed to look up at Felix, doing his best to hide the ugly crying and the hiccupping. The attempt at a hug is not rebuffed. In fact, he froze to the slow and steady touch, letting his friend lean over to hug him. He's just as stiff as Felix, perhaps a little less. He forgot to breath for a moment, and his eyes were wide. It's warm. He smelled vaguely of chicken and lime. But its comforting, and suddenly Mint can't remember the last time someone embraced him.

Years, maybe. Slowly but surely, he relaxed against the mercenary and let out a couple of quiet sobs. Shy hands move to grip at the taller man's shirt as he shook and just let it happen. It does help. It soothed his panic and made him forget how humiliating this was.

And then it ends. It's not abrupt, and Mint found himself reluctant to let go, but he did. Now calmer, and a little sleepier. Cacio is already up and waiting for the pair, ready to lead. Mint stood up after his friend, giving a final sniff before whispering a hoarse, "Ok."

As the panther pokemon led them back to his apartment for a well deserved rest and some water, Mint awkwardly reached out for Felix's sleeve, not confident in taking his hand. He simply wanted his attention for a moment. Pinching the sleeve, he took in a deep breath before looking up at the other grunt, eyes red and swollen. "Thank you." That's all he said before letting go, and looking back down at Cacio in silence.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lonely hearts club [ac]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 2:50:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: