kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 11:33:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"well, well, well. who do we have here?"

an eyebrow raise and a smirk reveals itself when kyle sees who he's partnered up with for this round.

kyle fixes the collar of his suit. right afterwards, he sights upright, back straight, and hands interlaced on top of the table, adopting an iconic stance a professional would take on business meetings portrayed on most media.

"i'm pretty sure league already has you on speed dial so i'm not sure if there's more to discuss," he tells her.

he deflates to his chair. talk about business somehow has his brain worked out more than when he's in peril on the many occasions he's been called to protect the region.

"so, yeah, chill round for us."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 18:52:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler doesn't recognize him at first. She sees the suit, the upright posture and then her brain promptly blue screens when faced with familiar features. The double-take is far from subtle, rusty gears working overtime to reconcile two opposite concepts. Kyle Lopez. In a formal suit.

Her gaze travels down to his shoes, then back up. Repeat. Repeat again.

Full-blown laughter reaches the champion before Skyler does. Next to his carefully groomed appearance, she looks like a unrepentant, no-good scoundrel. 

"Heya, boss. Are you trying to emulate 's fashion style?" His smirk is met with her own, still twisted with the aftermath of her amusement.

While not in possession of a great number of working brain cells, Skyler still manages to put two and two together, watching the champion slump. Weary, perhaps?

"Who put you up to this?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 3:21:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i look better on this than him, at least," he quips back with humor on his voice.

this will be one of the few times skyler will see kyle in anything outside of a t-shirt or any sort of casual wear, unless she continues to go join them on aqua expeditions like last time.

"take a guess." at least it was obvious that he wasn't here on his own accord.

multiple names can be speculated to be the reason why, but the specifics of who was responsible gets muddled down when it is presented as a group decision. something something part of the champion responsibilities blah blah blah.

"what about you? i don't see you as the type to go on these kinda events."

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 11:30:24 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"That look would be great for League merchandise. Get your own 'Business Kyle' body pillow." An inelegant snort follows her statement, though she isn't being serious about it. Probably. Or is she? "Feel free to use my idea - as long as you save one for Angelo."

If anything, the suit just cements her idea that it'd been a wise decision not to join Aqua. Arceus, she'd be a walking PR disaster waiting to happen - no matter what kind of clothes they'd shove her into.

"We're looking for a third person to join our relationship," she deadpans in response to Kyle's question. Her neutral expression lasts all of three seconds before her lips curl into a mischievous grin. 

"Honestly?" Her fingers burrow into golden curls. Out of frustration, maybe? "I'm looking for business deals, of sorts"
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 18:48:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i hate that there's a possibility of those being made."

personal merchandise of prominent people of the league were already existing. it's only a matter of time before anything above keychains and shirts sell, especially with the pokengger brand being thrown in with the rest.

the stare is held by kyle as well, somehow finding it in character for skyler to actually be down for a third person while is forced to comply without any input on the matter.

at least it's cleared up by the end.

"oh, you weren't actually?" he responds, genuinely surprised. "so, business deals, like, hookers and stuff? i don't think they allow those here."

at least it was a tossup for him on whether it was skyler or angelo that would want to experience a threesome instead of it being one-sided like the previous case.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 11:04:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"You clearly haven't seen the fan-made stuff yet. It's wild." Seeing as her aunt is the founder and current president of the Official Laurence Anderson and Articuno Fanclub :tm: and also horny on main, Skyler is moderately confident in her statement. She's seen some shit.

"I think Kazimir's getting some body pillows made."

If anything, aunt Jules would definitely have a field day with that one. 

"Hook- what?" The connection isn't made immediately, leaving Skyler to ungracefully flounder in her confusion. She looks at Kyle with furrowed brows, brain working overtime as she attempts to shove two and two together. "I- no." An amused snort escapes her. "Business deals as a ship captain. I did get into the business of boat parties once and could never get all of the glitter out." 

Thankfully, the suspicious stains had been easier to remove. Ugh.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 17:51:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"for the record, i wouldn't rat you out even if you were looking for one," he mentions as a showcase of how trustworthy of a friend he is.

"i'll hit you up if anything comes up on the league side of things, but i'm sure goode's gonna be the one contacting you first."

kyle doesn't know much about things people do with a boat besides travel and fishing despite being born on the region that's critically acclaimed for having too much water.

a sound rings, marking the end of the round.

"well, that's time. can't help you much, but good luck!"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 18:56:50 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She thinks back on the party she'd attended for New Years, finding the image of an efficient-looking blonde woman mingling with other attendees. Goode. Skyler herself hadn't stuck around for long, sneaking out before midnight with several bottles of champagne.

"Thanks anyway, boss." Her chair scrapes against the polished floors as the buzzer goes off and she makes to rise. "For the heads up, and for not telling Angelo about the hookers."

Her smile dawns slowly, a half circle of amused mischief. "And for fuck's sake, get outta that suit. It looks like you're being strangled by it."

With these parting words, Skyler turns and weaves her way back into the crowd, and out of sight.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,213 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
skyle [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 21:52:24 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay