I'm not the type to pog on the first date (SD)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 7:01:43 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Two down, another to go.

The last date hadn't been as bad as his first-- their conversation was limited, but to be fair, that was to be expected when it came to Felix. A conversationalist would be the last thing he'd ever depict himself to be, and that honor came with silent treatments unlike anything most people have ever seen.

Slouching forward, the man patiently waited for his next date to arrive from one of the adjacent tables.

When he does, Felix would give the man the same formal nod everyone receives from him, then introduce himself in the plainest way possible: a simple hand raise tied to a "Felix."

close tab

played by

evan

dr glynn
he/him
may 1st
circhester, galar
gay
ecological geneticist
civilian
mae pob lliw yn dod gyda stori
awards
44 posts
Cefin Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cefin
Cefin Glynn
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 20:59:55 GMT
Cefin Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cerigid"]
[attr="class","cerigidw"]

This has all been quite fun! A little flirting, a little talking about things he and others loved. Perhaps his date partners had all been bored to death, beneath their polite smiles, Cefin didn't know for sure. But if they were, at the very least, nobody made it obvious.[break][break]

His next date greets him a little more gruffly, just offering a hand and his name. Cefin smiles back as sweetly as he did anybody else, never one to worry much about how blunt others might be.[break][break]

"It's lovely to meet you, Felix. I'm Cefin." He gently shakes his hand. "Would you like anything to drink? They've got such lovely champagne set out here"

[attr="class","cerigidtag"]

[attr="class","cerigidnotes"]

notes.

speed dating 4

[attr="class","cerigidpokes"]

[newclass=.cerigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid b] color: #c3f06d; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #c3f06d; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #c3f06d; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #c3f06d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #c3f06d; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #c3f06d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #c3f06d; padding: 10px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.izrigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 5:45:20 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Soft.

That's the first word he would use to describe Cefin.

"No, I'm good." He wasn't a fan of champagne -- it was too fizzy and sweet. Rather, a cold glass of water was preferred, or rum. But he assumed the ladder wasn't on the menu today. Reaching out for his glass, Felix took a slow sip of water before asking, "What do you do? I'm a bodyguard."

close tab

played by

evan

dr glynn
he/him
may 1st
circhester, galar
gay
ecological geneticist
civilian
awards
44 posts
Cefin Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cefin
Cefin Glynn
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 13:19:50 GMT
Cefin Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cerigid"]

From the cable-knit sweater to the lazy half-ponytail and the gentle smile spread across his face, soft fit Cefin pretty well. His date, though, seemed a little harder, and it makes sense when he says he's a bodyguard.[break][break]

Cefin refuses the champagne, too, in that case - there's no fun in being the only person drinking, after all, and Cefin isn't a huge drinker in general. He nods politely. "No worries"[break][break]

"I'm a biologist - I study pokémon genetics. What's it like being a bodyguard, if I may ask? It must be quite physically demanding - not sure I'd be cut out for it" He decorates his sentence with a little chuckle.

notes.

speed dating 4

[newclass=.cerigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid b] color: #c3f06d; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #c3f06d; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #c3f06d; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #c3f06d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #c3f06d; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #c3f06d; [/newclass]

[newclass=.cerigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #c3f06d; padding: 10px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 17:25:41 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
Brutal.

It was a laborious profession that involved brutally losing one's sense of self for the organization's overall goal. It was a morally deeming life to live, but to be fair, Felix wouldn't have it any other way. "It's tough," he explained, eyes flicking upward. "I wouldn't recommend it."

A short pause hung between them. At this point, there was no clear sign indicating whether Felix wanted to be there or not. "What are you researching?"

close tab

played by

evan

dr glynn
he/him
may 1st
circhester, galar
gay
ecological geneticist
civilian
awards
44 posts
Cefin Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cefin
Cefin Glynn
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 18:04:14 GMT
Cefin Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cerigid"]

Not much of a conversationalist indeed, but Cefin truly didn't mind. He'd spent plenty of time with pokemon who quite literally couldn't speak to him at all, so to carry a conversation with someone a little short-tongued wasn't the worst thing in the world.[break][break]

Plus, there was Cefin's inner nerd-who-still-quite-liked-a-bad-boy that couldn't help but be piqued at Felix's whole sullen and mysterious thing.[break][break]

"But do you enjoy it? That's what matters most, doesn't it?" Cefin holds Felix's gaze for a moment as his date's eyes briefly flick up. At the next question, though, Cefin's eyes light up entirely.[break][break]

"Ah- I specifically study colour variations in pokémon and their genetic reasons. From things like Vivillon patterns, to shiny pokémon." Always so excited to discuss his life's work, but instead of elaborating further, Cefin tilts his head for a brief moment in thought before speaking up again. "Forgive me if this is too forward... would you like to trade numbers, Felix?"[break][break]

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't interested to learn more about his date, and perhaps in an environment where there were less crowds around.

notes.

speed dating 4

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 20:57:27 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"But do you enjoy it?"

A better question would be if he ever enjoyed it. In the last 9 years, has there ever been a time that he relished in his employment, or at the very least, sought out fulfillment through it? To be honest, Felix wasn't sure, but that feeling of uncertainty was growing normal for him to swallow.

"Not really," He admitted, shrugging. Thankfully, the conversation swung back around to his date. Color variation, huh? Despite his pair of sullen eyes, Felix silently questioned the merit of Cefin's work, and whether there was an opportunity to hear a bit more...

"hm?" Surprise was loudly written across his features. It'd been a while since someone has been so bold towards him, minus . "Oh, sure."

Leaning forward, Felix offered his phone to the other and accepted his if given. Within seconds the two went from strangers to contacts. Unfortunately, this change of labels came only moments before the bell rang out, indicating the end of the round. Rising, Felix gave another wave. "See you."

close tab

played by

evan

dr glynn
he/him
may 1st
circhester, galar
gay
ecological geneticist
civilian
awards
44 posts
Cefin Glynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cefin
Cefin Glynn
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 21:14:54 GMT
Cefin Glynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cerigid"]

That Felix didn't love his work made Cefin's smile turn a little sadder, and he probably would have offered him some kind of gentle, reassuring pat if he was sure that Felix was a touchy-feely person, but he didn't really give that kind of vibe.[break][break]

He puts his number into Felix's phone right as the bell dings. He hands the phone back and begins to stand upon seeing that Felix is already getting ready to go. He's interesting - very hard to read. Cefin himself was an open book, and proudly so, and it always intrigued him to meet people like Felix. Maybe their second meeting would be more comfortable for him.[break][break]

"It's been lovely to meet you" He nods "See you later"

notes.

speed dating 4

[newclass=.cerigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #c3f06d; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cerigidpokes img] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 21:52:57 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

SPEED DATE COMPLETE!

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r6psfwxKOx1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
Parfum Palace - Pokémon X & Y OST

A BELL DINGS, announcing the curtain call for round one. Immediately, a shuffling of chairs and flustered movement can be heard. Awkward goodbyes accompany the brisk steps of Pokémon partners as they cascade across the polished flooring.

Before you leave your table, perhaps you'd like to take a sweet treat?

REWARDS