awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 16:57:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Hoenn was home to many uncharted islands, which used to be called 'mirages' by the more superstitious folk. One such island was owned by a shady private company that had issued a challenge to any trainers brave or foolish enough to accept it: Survive one week on the island. No tools, no supplies. Just them and their own Pokémon. Sounded legit and definitely not a scam!

For Andrea, this was the adventure of a lifetime! Think of all the Pokémon species that could inhabit this pure ecosystem that had yet to be sullied by human hands! As soon as the ferry dropped her on the island, the young PokéManiac immediately went to explore the lush jungle, which was chock-full of exotic vegetation, including plants she'd never seen in her life.

Unfortunately, while taking a bath in a river with crystalline waters, her clothes and Pokéballs were stolen by a mysterious thief. With Chomper as her only remaining Pokémon, her chances of survival dwindled significantly.

In the span of only a few hours, Andrea had gone full tribal, crafting new apparel out of random materials she'd picked up, and eating berries off trees in order to sate her hunger. However, she soon found her sanity slipping before the tropical heat and the eerie voices that whispered to her from behind the palm trees. Berries were no longer enough... She craved fresh meat!

As such, she set up a bunch of pitfall traps all over the jungle, waiting for prey to come. Waiting for an opportunity to strike. The person she once was had died on that island. Now there was only a savage animal. Now there was only survival of the fittest!
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 19:21:07 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","MEMOLAND"]
[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]
[attr="class","llppromised2"]
[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]there's a[break]dark room

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]you can't wait to be in, but i think you're already there

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

Memo was always down for an adventure. In fact, he had a knack-- habit-- misfortune? Of jumping into anything slightly risky feet-first without looking (or thinking) twice. So when he found the flyer for the Adventure of a Lifetime, he rushed to throw his name in the applicant pool. [break][break]

Brave and foolish? Those were his middle names. [break][break]

No they are not, the voice of his mother whispered sternly in the recesses of his mind, your middle names are Christián Nataniel Isias Hernán. [break][break]

So a week later, there he was, reclining on the beach in swim trunks, toes in the sand, a nest of palm fronds woven over his head, head bobbing back and forth to his own rendition of Bob Marley’s Don’t Worry About a Thing. He’d released some of his Pokemon to scout the area and do their thing while he relaxed on the beach. Very Deserted Island Survival Tactic of him. [break][break]

He was into the second chorus when he heard an ungainly squawk from afar that disturbed him from his peace. He stood up, brushed the sand off his hind end, and trekked into the jungle to see what could be seen. [break][break]

He found Acero, his Skarmory, trapped in… in a hole. It was too narrow for her to spread her wings fully, so she was just hopping pitifully, trying to jump and climb out with her beak. He recalled her back into her Pokeball, confused, just as there was movement in the jungle ahead. [break][break]

He raised his hand, Pokeball prepared to launch. “Who’s there?” [break][break]

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]
[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.MEMOLAND .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#31527b;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2022 20:36:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
His query was answered by the most shrill and un-manly Tarzan yell the world had ever witnessed, as a feminine figure descended from the trees, swinging on a long vine. "A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-AAAHH!!" The figure in question landed on the ground, staggering a bit until she regained her footing, before assuming a combat-ready stance, nails outstretched as if preparing to claw at the man.

Memo had definitely met this woman before, although her appearance was sheerly different this time; Her tribal getup consisted of a skirt made of blades of grass, while a large leaf folded around her chest served as a makeshift bra. Her feet were bare and caked in mud. Her face and several inches of exposed skin were decorated with warpaint, making her look like an angry, half-naked Kabuki actor.

"Aha! You were ensnared by my trap, and now I'm gonna feast on your flesh! Trust me, it's nothing personal, it's just nature taking its course!" Andrea declared in an overdramatic manner, her eyes glinting with primal madness. Upon taking a closer look at the swarthy youth, however, she blinked. "Memo...?" She relaxed her stance. "This throws a wrench into my plans. I can't eat a friend, after all!"

Andrea's trusty Deino appeared beside her, greeting Memo with a joyful yap. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Are you taking the island challenge too?" The girl asked, casually brushing over the fact that her hardcore survivalist drive had almost turned her into a bloodthirsty cannibal.
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2022 20:46:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]you can't wait to be in, but i think you're already there

No sooner had he asked the question then he heard what he thought, at first, was the call of a bird. It was a shrill, ululating, slightly-off key squealing, like an angry pig. His second thought was do I have sunstroke? Before he saw come swinging for him, red-headed guillotine on a jungle vine. Memo gave an undignified yelp, dropping Acero’s Pokeball to the ground, and jumped to the side, sliding on his chest in the mud. Acero popped out of her Pokeball, screaming at the top of her lungs, steel feathers knocking against each other in anger to add to the cacophony. [break][break]

Memo rolled over onto his back as his attacker-- who he had not yet recognized-- jumped at him, hands curved into tiny claw-shapes in front of her. She squeaked something at him in a feminine voice before they both came to the same realization at once:[break][break]

“...Andrea?” Memo asked, shocked and frankly appalled at what he was seeing. He pushed himself to his feet and planted himself firmly between the small girl and his very angry Skarmory. “What the hell is wrong with you?” he asked her, retrieving Acero’s Pokeball from the jungle floor and recalling the Steel-type, silencing her horrible noise. “The island challenge, yeah. Is that why you came at me like George of the freakin’ Jungle?” his voice cracked into a laugh, hands on his hips. “I have an extra shirt, if you want it.” [break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 16:43:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea plugged her own ears - sparing her eardrums from the metallic bird's incessant screeching - unplugging them only after the source of the noise was gone, just in time to hear Memo's question. "Oh, this?" She gestured at her revealing outfit which would make for a great addition to a gacha game (wink). "I actually lost all my clothes while I was taking a bath at the river. You look like you could use a bath too." She observed, pointing at the man's disheveled state after he'd literally rolled in the mud.

"Anyway, I made this by weaving together blades of tall grass that Chomper helped me pick up." The woman further explained, pointing at her grassy skirt. "And I made this bra out of a really big plant I found. It's tied behind my back with a piece of my own hair! Pretty cool, don't you think?" She remarked, gesturing at her ample chest area. It's a good thing Memo was gay, or he might have died from intense nasal hemorrhaging at the sight of those large tropical fruit.

Ever the gentleman, he did offer to give her one of his shirts. "That could be helpful. I hear it gets chilly around here at night." The young PokéManiac replied. Her ruby-colored eyes then lit up, as if remembering something. "Oh! While I was walking through the jungle, I stumbled upon something really cool! Wanna see?" Before the freelance artist even had a chance to respond, the tribal-dressed girl had already run up ahead. "Follow me, this way!"
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 20:53:55 GMT
[nospaces]

“Yes, ‘this’,” Memo said, gesturing to all of her as she showed off her ridiculous getup that maybe Memo thought he’d seen in an anime beach episode once upon a time. He frowned a bit at her repartee and picked a twig out of his hair. “Touche. But probably not going to happen, now that I know there’s a clothes thief on the loose,” his voice was jokingly severe. [break][break]

“Yeah, yeah, it’s all very creative,” he said, giving a slow, sarcastic clap. “But you should really take me up on the shirt. You’re gonna get a sun burn.” [break][break]

Before he could return to his campsite on the beach, had jumped up with the announcement that she’d found something cool to show him. In a blink, she was off, running through the jungle in her weird Tarzanette-bikini-doo-wop. “Okay, okay,” he said, laughing and walking after her, before yelling: “It’s not another pitfall trap, is it?!”
[break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2022 21:43:13 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Nope, no more pitfall traps! Watch your step just in case, though. I forgot where I placed some of them." Andrea casually warned him, as she kept running forward with nary a care in the world, Chomper eagerly following her like a canine chasing a car.

Still, as they delved deeper into the jungle, Memo wouldn't be able to shake off the feeling that they were being watched. And the myriads of trees that surrounded them... it was almost as if he could hear faint whispers coming from them. Yet, should he try to inspect more closely, the whispers would be gone, vanished. Had he gone mad from the tropical heat too, or had he hurt his head when he fell earlier?

Eventually, the aforementioned 'Tarzanette' skidded to a stop, pointing up at a tall tree. "Up there! See?" Intertwined in the branches of said tree was a dilapidated fighter plane from ages past that had likely crashed on this island a long, long time ago. Its parts had gotten all rusty and unusable, while whatever engine it had was now infested with vines and cobwebs.

"That's not all. See that drawing over there?" Not too far from the tree, an abstract mural adorned the base of the mountain. It looked similar to the cave drawings people made in ancient times, indicating that whatever civilization had left this behind was at least somewhat primitive. It depicted a bunch of small, human-like figures standing in a circle with their arms raised. In the middle, a lone figure was lying sideways with a heart symbol floating over their chest, and above the whole composition a massive circle loomed, surrounded by the artist's interpretation of flames. A giant meteor perhaps?

"Who do you think made this? What do you think it represents? It's so mysterious and shrouded in mystery!" Andrea mused, placing a hand on her chin as she pensively stared at the ominous artwork.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 15:49:37 GMT
[nospaces]

was sprinting through the jungle, hopping over thick roots and bouncing off of tree trunks like a friggin’ Spoink in a bounce house. Memo had to duck under vines and push wide palm leaves out of his path to try and keep up. She casually tossed over her shoulder that she wasn’t directly taking him to another pitfall trap, but he should watch his step, anyhow. “Greaaaaat,” Memo muttered, swiping a stray leaf off his shoulder, and stepping carefully in her wake. [break][break]

The heat of the island and the constant worry about falling into a hole in the ground must’ve been dragging on him because he was starting to hear things. He swept sweaty locs back from his forehead and released his Banette, Shivani. “Hey, Shiv,” he said, a little winded, “can you see if you can find some fresh water? Or some coconuts, maybe?” He remembered his little beach camp fondly, complete with the beheaded coconut sitting in a divot in the sand. The Banette ducked her smiling head in understanding and faded into the greenery, disappearing completely. [break][break]

He was so focused on following Andrea that he almost ran into her when she stopped suddenly. He followed the line of her finger to the crumbling aircraft and shaded his eyes with one hand, feeling like he was dreaming. If he listened closely he could hear the Uncharted soundtrack playing in the background. Or maybe that was just the wind. “Freaky,” he mumbled, but Andrea had already moved onto the next thing, indicating he should look at a rock covered in pictures-- a gathering of stick-people around a designated figure, with a circular object hovering overhead. [break][break]

Memo blinked. “Girl, are you sure you just didn’t draw this in your throws of jungle madness?” he asked, half-laughing, too hot and tired to puzzle out the hieroglyphics of some ancient civilization at that moment. [break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 23:09:34 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"No, I'd definitely remember that. I only drew these." Andrea said, pointing at the tribal markings covering her face and body. It seemed neither of them were any closer to solving the mystery of the ominous mural and the crashed plane. Could those two things be connected somehow?

Suddenly, a flying spear pierced the ground near the two humans. "Eek! What was that?!" The young woman cried out in shock. Chomper bared his fangs, ready to take on whoever was responsible for this. Just then, a football-sized berry hit his face hard, knocking the diminutive dragon backwards. "Oh no! Chomper!"

The berry bounced back into the hand of a certain lemur-like Pokémon: Passimian, though one wouldn't be able to tell at first glance, since it was wearing quite the unusual getup; A purple onesie of sorts with a hood that resembled a cartoony dragon's face. "Wait a minute, he's wearing MY clothes! You were the clothes thief!" Andrea declared in an accusatory manner.

The costumed monkey took one good look at the scantily-clad girl and, without warning, reached out its arm and grabbed her, hoisting the helpless human over its broad shoulder. "W-what are you doing?! Chomper! Memo! HEEEEEEELP!" The girl cried as she was taken captive by the clothes-stealing Passimian, who jumped from one tree to the next, quickly gaining ground over the rest of the group.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 16:21:10 GMT
[nospaces]

Memo couldn’t help but snicker when Andrea pointed to the weird fake-tattoo markings adorning her body. “Oh, ‘only’ drew those, huh?” he laughed, running a hand through his sweat slicked hair. He tilted his head back and looked skyward at the crashed plane, surrounded and smothered in life. “Wonder if anyone’s still in there?” he mused aloud. Silently, he willed Shivani to return, so he could send her up for some recon. [break][break]

He was just about to cup his hand around his mouth and call for his Banette when something solid thunked into the ground between them. He was too hot to jump, but Andrea’s cry of alarm did send him reaching for the Pokeballs stuffed in his trunk pockets. Something hit Chomper in his face, sending the Deino rolling head over heels backwards; Andrea cried out for her little dragon while Memo watched the projectile return to the hands of a… a strange creature… yep, wearing Andrea’s pilfered clothing; the little redhead confirmed it with a denunciative shriek, just before the beast snatched her up and took off with her. [break][break]

It all happened so fast Memo was left blinking for a second, before he took off running, his stumbling feet doing a pretty good impersonation of the scooby-doo run in place for a moment. He launched Acero’s Pokeball after the Passimian and the angry Skarmory burst forward in a blast of light and an ear-piercing shriek. “Acero! Use air cutter!” he yelled, having to jump over logs and dodge dangling clusters of vines to try and keep up. [break][break]

Acero’s metallic wings sliced through the jungle canopy with ease; razor-sharp waves of air began to fly forward from the peak of her beak, sending chunks of trees and whole branches falling to the ground. It missed the Passimian but hit the vine it meant to jump to, leaving it without a foothold and sending it falling to the ground; like a predatory raptor, Acero was on it in a second, Talons gripping into its flesh with the ripping and tearing of fabric. [break][break]

The Passimian landed with Andrea pinned to the ground and the angry Skarmory overtop of it, shrieking and pecking at her writhing prey. Memo finally pushed through a cluster of sliced trees, skin all scratched to hell from the surrounding greenery. He recalled Acero and released Oona in the same motion; the Galarian Zigzagoon shot forward and hit the rising Passimian in the back with a fierce headbutt. Its grip on Andrea was knocked loose and it went airborne, spinning, before coming back to earth with an oof. [break][break]

Memo ran to Andrea as Oona continued to attack the Passimian. [break][break]

“You okay, girl?” he asked, helping her upright and checking for any open wounds.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]> skarmory uses air cutter to clear the forest around passimian and make it fall to the ground, then pins it down. puts tears in andrea's dinosaur costume oops[break]> switches skarmory for galarian zigzagoon, who headbutts passimian, freeing andrea

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 1:55:07 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Shivani's search of the crashed plane would reveal no personnel inside. Judging from its broken, outdated hardware, this must have been a very old model that was no longer capable of flight. Curiously, tucked behind the windshield she would find a worn out, sepia tone photograph. It depicted a male pilot bearing the insignia of the Unovan Air Force on his uniform. Next to him there was a Pokémon, whose characteristics couldn't clearly be made out due to the picture quality having deteriorated over the years. It seemed to be sporting simian features.

Back in the A Plot, Memo had succeeded in subduing the woman-kidnapping monkey. More like, his Skarmory and Zigzagoon had bullied the pajama-clad lemur into submission. Chomper contributed to said bullying by brutally nibbling on the monkey's ankles until it screamed and flailed its long arms, begging for mercy.

Andrea's landing had been anything but smooth, having rolled in the hard soil, grazing her knees and elbows in the process. She graciously accepted her savior's hand, grabbing unto it and lifting herself up. "Yeah, I'm okay. Wait, no... I might've sprained my ankle." The girl winced in pain, stumbling a bit.

Just then, the two of them were completely surrounded by an entire pack of wild Passimian, far too many for them to take on as they were. Rather than coconut-like berries, these monkeys wielded handcrafted spears, just like the one that had been thrown at them earlier. Not entirely unheard of for Pokémon to be intelligent enough to craft human weapons.

Taking advantage of the drastic shift in power dynamics, the Passimian that had stolen Andrea's clothes got up and regrouped with its own kin, who prodded the humans and their Pokémon with their pointy sticks, while gesturing up ahead. "I think they want us to follow them?" The young PokéManiac mused. Not like they had much of a choice anyway.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 18:39:44 GMT
[nospaces]

Shivani, at her core, was a creature of emotion. She felt the strong pull of memories attached to the photograph, though she couldn’t clearly discern, exactly, what the feelings were. She decided to take it for safekeeping and show it to Guillermo, who, as Actually a Human, would be able to better understand what the image detailed. [break][break]

Memo helped Andrea to her feet and winced in sympathy when she discovered her injured ankle. He was about to pick her up and carry her back to his camp-- assuming it was still there, of course-- when the jungle came alive with a swarm of bodies. It was a very cliche movie plotline, the two of them pushed back-to-back by pointed spears. Memo’s gaze jumped nervously from creature to creature, finding Oona gripped by her tail and dangled upside down-- contrary to expectation, she seemed to be having a great time, dangling back and forth like a pendulum. [break][break]

With the immediate danger seemingly paused, Memo could do little but agree with Andrea, especially when one of the Passimian jabbed him in the side of his leg. He yelped and jumped away, rubbing the spot and shooting the simian a vicious glare. “To where? A mass grave, where they dumped the other bodies?” he snorted, fear making his temper short. [break][break]

Still, she was right. They had little choice; so, with a snort and toss of his hair, he trudged in the intended direction, offering an arm to help Andrea along with her injury.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]> shiv takes the mysterious photo[break]> saw this in a movie once

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 21:07:00 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
And so, the group marched on. The spear-wielding apes cared very little about Andrea's leg injury, growling at her if she slowed down even a little. "Hey, I'm going as fast as I can! Sheesh!" The girl objected with a pout, holding unto Memo for support while hopping around on her good foot. Chomper looked ready to give those Passimian hell, but the moment he tried to attack one of them, the monkey pointed its spear at Andrea's throat as a warning, forcing the little dragon to back down.

After trekking through the incredibly dense jungle for what felt like hours, a light shone through the trees and interwoven vines. What they found on the other side defied explanation; A secluded village filled with makeshift huts made up of wood, mud and palm leaves, housing an entire community of Passimian. "They're... living like humans." A stunned Andrea observed. "If Ms. Yvette could see this, she'd go crazy!"

One of the scouting Passimian blew a horn, letting the entire village know of their arrival. The two humans were ushered into the center of the primate settlement, where a large temple made of ancient stone stood. It was shaped like a pyramid, an altar resting at the very top that emitted an ominous aura. Could this mysterious structure have been built by a tribe that predated the Passimian?

A white-furred, orangutan-like creature emerged out of the temple's front gate, met by raucous cheers from the entire monkey tribe. He must have been their chief. The Oranguru gazed at the humans with a steely expression. Being pierced by those technicolor eyes was like looking back at the abyss itself.

The horror... The horror...

Cold sweat filled Andrea's forehead, the girl stumbling backwards from the sheer intimidation factor. "H-hello there! Nice village you have! I'm Andrea. This is my friend Memo. Can we help you?" She hollered at the silent chief. Meanwhile, Chomper's body tensed up. Something about this didn't feel right... There was no way they had brought them there just to have a friendly chat.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 19:42:29 GMT
[nospaces]

The group of Passimian had them firmly hostage. Twice, Memo tried to get Oona’s attention, but the Galarian Zigzagoon was having far too much fun being thrown around like a sock-monkey at a toddler’s sleepover to even remember she had a trainer, let alone listen to him. Twice he tried to reach for a Pokeball only to have his wrist batted away by a spear; after the second time, they kept one at the apple of his throat, making it difficult to walk forward. [break][break]

After so long in the dark the sunlight streaking through the jungle canopy was near blinding; Memo wanted to cover his eyes but the Passimian thought he was trying to reach for a Pokeball again and this time jabbed him in the back of the hand. He yelped and jerked the limb away, a small trickle of blood flowing down the ridger of his carpals and dropping, crimson, to the forest floor below. [break][break]

He was so distracted by his injury he almost missed Andrea’s awestruck words. “Yeah, violent like humans, too,” was his response as he applied pressure to his wound to stop the bleeding. They were led to the base of a pyramid with an alter at its zenith. Unbeknownst to Memo, he gave voice to Andrea’s question: “They couldn’t have built this themselves, could they?” [break][break]

Before the redhead could respond, the Oranguru made its appearance. The shaggy purple creature obviously held some position of reverence amongst the tribe, as the Passimian quieted and shrank back from it. Memo fought the urge to do the same-- but he didn’t come from the streets of Galar, fighting off Team Yell lackeys and his sandal-wielding conservative mother to bow to some upjumped King Louie. [break][break]

While Andrea sweated and offered amends, Memo was planning. [break][break]

And glowering red eyes were watching from the treeline.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[break][break]> an ape like me could learn to be human too shoo be doo be doo be

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lord of the Flygon [M]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 12:55:34 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A still bewildered Andrea shook her head at the dark-skinned youth's question. "I don't think they built this themselves. There's no way the Passimian would've been able to cut stones that big and move them around. Unless they had help from ancient aliens..." She speculated, being 100% serious. Shaking her head once again, she addressed the chief of the monkey tribe a second time with more urgency. "What do you want from us?"

In lieu of an answer, the Oranguru pulled two Pokéballs out of his fuzzy coat of fur, unleashing a pair of monstrous creatures that seemed uncannily familiar: An Aggron and a Kangaskhan. The Psychic type thrust his leaf fan forward, prompting the two behemoths to slowly lumber towards the two humans, their eyes glowing in a distinct purple hue.

"Barron?! Missy?!" Andrea recognized her own Pokémon in abject shock, and Memo should be able to as well, having met them both during the New Year's festival. Her shock soon gave way to justified anger. "Their eyes... You've brainwashed them, haven't you? Why would you do such a thing?"

Had you seen the horrors I have seen, you would understand. Oranguru communicated with both humans via telepathy, his steely gaze never once wavering. In war, certain sacrifices must be made for the greater good. This is no different. My clairvoyant eyes have seen a future in which the star of death descends from the sky. Only the dragon god can stop it, for whom an offering of blood must be made.

"Star of death, dragon god, offering of blood... You mean you're gonna sacrifice us?!" The young woman exclaimed in horror, finally putting two and two together, as all of the Passimian raised their fists and started chanting unanimously in their unintelligible animal tongue, demanding blood to be spilled in the name of their deity.

Naturally, Chomper stepped in to prevent his trainer from falling in the clutches of the bloodthirsty cult, but Andrea's brainwashed Pokémon ganged up on the poor dragon. While under Oranguru's influence, they acted more like feral beasts, attacking with their claws and fangs instead of using their regular moves.