163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 8:18:01 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

With a soft, faintly rushed hum, he glanced towards the time amidst the various bowls and other mise en place he’d already set up. His eyes narrowed faintly and swiftly before he peered around the counter once more, and after a swiftened pace of thought (paired pensively by several finger taps upon the edge of the counter), he breathed a sigh as he hooked around and opened another cabinet, quickly pointing his finger through a number of glasses before snapping and picking out a couple of the kind that he’d had in mind as soon as they came into sight.[break][break]

”Aaaah… I hope I can get everything else done by the time she gets here…” he murmured absentmindedly to himself, quirking his lip as he took himself back to his cutting board. Reaching over, he quickly took a knife he’d set out, deftly taking it upon himself to check his phone for the time (again) before beginning to mince whatever else he needed to.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 7:48:45 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

usually she would spend her time holed up in her office again, trying to think of the next design in line. she's only out because she was invited by a certain someone, who was more than eager to meet and see her. the company of others is appreciated and well spent, and she's used to wearing a smile when she meets them at the door. [break][break]

this time, she's smiling before she even reaches the door. perhaps it's the nature of this visit. perhaps it's the person she's visiting that put a rare smile to her lips. the world may never know. [break][break]

daphne raises her hand to gently knock on the door, waiting patiently - eagerly - for someone to answer. it's only when she glances at her watch does she realize that she was a tad early, and she has to ask herself why she was in such a hurry to get here. [break][break]

maybe it's to see him sooner.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 5:08:28 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He looked towards the sound of the bell immediately.[break][break]

”Ahhh, damn…” he murmured under his breath, pursing his lips pensively with a quick clatter of steel against wood as he set the blade within his grasp down. Within the span of no more than a few seconds, he frantically shifted back and forth where he stood, breathing a slightly stressed hiss of a sigh as he scratched his head before ultimately making a brisk jog to the door.[break][break]

With a couple of clicks, he undid the locks and opened the door slightly, offering the woman waiting outside a quick, faintly rushed smile. ”Hey! Hi! Uh, here, come in—” he greeted her, immediately opening the door wider before turning around and jogging off once more. ”Sorry— I guess I kinda skimped on time! Just finishing the tail end of my prep, feel free to make yourself comfortable—”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 21:19:50 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he always does a lot for her, and he's been.. doing even more for her lately, really. sometimes she looks at the man - ruched and frantic, yet still smiling - and she asks 'what have i done to deserve this?'. the door is open and he runs off, and she finds the slight rush endearing. a chuckle escapes her lips as she watches him jog back into the kitchen, and she comes in to lock the door securely. [break][break]

"no, no.. you aren't late." she reassures him, walking deeper into the abode, towards the kitchen to lean slightly against the frame. "i just came a little bit early. i apologize for startling you~" smiles like these are becoming more common. it's because of him. "do you need any help?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 0:50:26 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He shook his head as he slipped himself behind the counter once more, flicking his wrist dismissively before picking his knife up again. ”Nah, don’t worry about it. I’m pretty much done, anyways,” he mused on, lifting his head for just a moment to peer towards her and smile before looking back down to the remainder of his ingredients. ”Today’s completely on me, though. Dinner and a show— that’s the plan~.”[break][break]

He gestured towards the stools that were always on the other side of the island, quickly scraping the newly minced ingredients into a free bowl before turning around to check a couple of things (a sous vide appliance he had running, namely) before gathering what seemed to be a standalone cooking burner and setting it down in the centermost spot of the counter space closest to him. ”That said, c’mon! Sit down~!”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 5:45:29 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

as energetic as ever, she thinks with a smile on her lips. [break][break]

she was about to help him, but it looks like he'd already gotten everything under control. "alright, alright.." she sighs in defeat, walking to the table and sitting herself down. she could already smell the food being cooked from the kitchen and, as always, it smelled great. [break][break]

"mm.. calix?" she hums, eyes fixated on the table when she speaks. perhaps this is coming out unprompted, and a little sudden, but "thank you for treating me to dinner, tonight~."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 6:18:53 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He only had to listen to her words for a moment to properly take them to heart.[break][break]

”Glad to do it~.” With an ongoing grin, he turned faintly towards her just long enough to give her a wink before reaching all about the kitchen surfaces and cabinets. Within a short amount of time, he’d acquired a pan and set it atop the burner, and—with a flick of the dial—took a lighter to it in order to bring forth a proper ignition. Alight with flame, he reached over for another glass container of what appeared to be oil before drizzling some into the pan and shifting towards the earlier sous vide machine as it heated up.[break][break]

He worked quickly to pluck the meat he’d settled into it out and from its bag, and after a quick pat dry and a check of heat from the pan, he glanced up towards the blonde with a playful touch to his smile.[break][break]

”Careful~.”[break][break]

It was his single choice of word before he placed the steak into the pan, watching and listening to the instantaneous crackle and sizzles emanating from it. Before long, he gently tipped the pan towards the fire of the burner, soon igniting a short lived, yet brightly burning flame that erupted upward.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 4:08:44 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the aroma spreads throughout the home, and it brings a smile to her face. he was always very good at cooking - so much so that she could get jealous of it. though she's slightly curious as he cooks, and can't help but to leave the table to try and get a closer look - perhaps she could learn through watching. it would be better that way, actually - she'd be able to cook with him in the kitchen, rather than have her cook for her when she finishes her work. [break][break]

she's enjoying the scent until she hears the sudden crackles, and suddenly jerks back at the sight of the flames coating the oil that only lives for but a moment. the woman stays back, watching as the flames die down, then she lets out a soft, relieved sigh. "that startled me.."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 4:06:02 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Yeaaah, that was part of the point~.” Chuckling, the man let his wrist rest as he lowered the pan onto the burner, allowing it to simply sit upon the flame for a little while before flipping the steak over after some time. He eyed her while doing so, by that point. ”Promise you, though— I one hundred percent know what I’m doing~.”[break][break]

He watched the pan for a while longer (not without tossing some butter in for a quick baste), and after the minutes passed, he quickly but gently lifted the meat from the pan, only pausing briefly to ensure its safe descent onto a nearby cutting board before immediately reaching over for some of the mise en place from earlier. With a couple of quick flourishes, he tossed them into the pan and began to shift them around with a pair of tongs, glancing towards her all the while.[break][break]

”Tonight’s purely on me. Dinner and a show,” he hummed and smiled all the while. ”I’ve got an entire tasting menu set up for the rest of the meal, so there’s more coming after this once I cut that steak up and plate everything~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 20:21:11 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he's a habit of spoiling her and her stomach, which is good (considering that the way to her heart was through the stomach, to some degree). dinner and a show he says again, and she'll take his word for it. so, with a small smile to her lips, she moves away from the kitchen and waves her hand in the air, slightly. "alright~.." she sighs in defeat. [break][break]

he was the chef here, and she knew that he was going to make a wonderful meal. all she had to do was wait, then they could chat over some good food, and hope that he doesn't stuff her with too much, because she still has some work to get back to..

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
from the heart [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 20:58:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: