163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 8:19:34 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Honestly speaking, this was probably the first time he brought this up as a date idea.[break][break]

Mostly because he wasn’t exactly the best singer (as if that even mattered to him, since karaoke nights always seemed fun to him, anyways), but also because he never exactly had the time to do it in the past, or the type of friends that would be willing to ditch the shooting range for a night on the town like this. To an extent, the same applied to the person he’d somehow persuaded (minus the shooting range detail, of course), but he figured it’d be a fun experience for both of them.[break][break]

New experiences, and all. Nothing could go wrong.[break][break]

…He did eye the drinks they ordered with some subtle degree of amusement as they perused the song catalog, though. It was always a funny reminder and reference to how they met.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 4:34:12 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she knows what he's thinking. [break][break]

and she knows that he's amused. hence, she eyes him as he glances at the drinks, and a hue of pink comes to her cheeks. nevertheless, she turns her attention back to the song list, then takes a quick gander at their surroundings. she hums. [break][break]

".. I've never been to this kind of place, before." she idly comments, and she can't help but wonder why he brought her here.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 5:09:27 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He glanced over at the sound of her voice, all while a corner of his lips tugged up slightly and instinctively. He shrugged softly. ”It’s probably been years for myself, honestly,” he chuckled, briefly peering back down at the menu with a hum. ”Last time I did something like this was probably, like…before my service, honestly…”[break][break]

Humming a bit louder, he tapped his fingers against the laminated sheets of the pages and texts before him before lifting his head to eye her again. ”I’m kinda surprised you haven’t at least been, though~... he added in musings, tilting his head and raising a brow. ”Some companies and stuff like that like to come to places like this, right? Team bonding events and things like that?”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 20:28:34 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the smile shrinks at the sound of work (and memories of devon rush back, like a stain she'd rather cover up. the image has been tainted by silph, and that damnable fernando) and she lets out a soft hum of distaste. following up, she nods and leans, slightly, to take a better look at the pages ".. there were quite a few, yes." back when she didn't often interact with her other employees, when she hadn't the passion to run the family business (and maybe that's why she failed).[break][break]

"i never.. participated in them. work demanded too much from me." but talk of devon was starting to put a damper on her mood. what did people do when they were starting to feel down? ah, that's right "... i can see you and your son having a small karaoke machine back at home. he seems like the kind who would enjoy it~" [break][break]

they shift the topic.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 0:51:08 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

…Ah, that’s right. Company talk was a bit of a sore spot, wasn’t it?[break][break]

It was something he learned about her a while ago, but rolling the conversation along was somewhat instinctive for him in casual settings. Although her smile faltered lightly (and he absolutely caught it), his smile remained its ongoing size and even softened slightly at the sight of it. His lip quirked gently as he looked towards the pages again, nodding.[break][break]

”Honestly? Yeah, I could see that~.” Her unspoken wish had been to move along, and he would embrace that request with open arms. As if replacing the drifted parts of a smile that dwindled upon her lips, his own seemed to broaden at the thought, and he glanced towards her from the corner of his eye. ”Although I’m not sure how quiet the house would be if we did get one…” he mused, clicking his tongue. ”He’d probably use the damn thing every day… Wouldn’t get a wink of sleep ever again~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 1:06:24 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"he's lively enough, so i don't think the house would be quite for.." she pauses, thinking, pensive "for a few weeks?" or maybe she's overestimating the kid's energy. still, the thought brings a smile to her face, and she giggles softly. in he meantime, she picks up the tablet with the song list, and casually scrolls through it, looking to see what tracks they had to offer. [break][break]

still, though.. there were quite a few songs. though she's not so much confident in her singing, it would be a shame to come here and.. not enjoy it. she moves closer, holding the tablet between them "do you see anything we could try singing?~"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 6:19:49 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

A sarcastically amused groan of a sigh left his lips at the thought. ”Weeks? God, try months...” he laughed, grinning a wry grin as he clicked his tongue. ”Literally. Restless. Nights…”[break][break]

He turned his head towards her partway into the response, and though he noted her moving closer, he hadn’t said much; rather, he welcomed it while simply leaning closer, himself, in order to get a closer look at the tablet. He hummed in thought.[break][break]

”Mmmmn… Honestly? Off the top of my head, nah…” he mused, raising his brows while peering up at her from the corner of his eye. ”How about you? If I know it, I’m game to do a duet for whatever you pick~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 23:03:30 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

"it's.. a bit of an old song, mmn." one that she hasn't heard in a while, but one that's stuck with her for a good while. she takes the remote, then selects the song from the screen with a small smile on her lips. an a little different, because she's not so good at.. singing stronger songs. her voice can't do that.[break][break]

eventually, she moves to put the tablet on the table and holds a microphone in her hand, instead. then she passes the other one to him, with a small smile on her lips. the first couple of notes start to play, with its soft piano. "a slower song, i hope you don't mind~.." [break][break]

and when the lyrics appear on the screen, she parts her lips, and softly sings.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 23:19:57 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Honestly speaking, he was curious about what song she’d end up choosing in the end. Thinking on it more, he hadn’t quite delved into what sort of music she liked in a conversation, so to glance towards the screen and watch her pick the song she did was a pleasant and curious surprise as he pursed his lips with a smile, as well as a seeming smile in approval.[break][break]

”Old but gold, honestly,” he hummed, eying her with some degree of amusement while taking the microphone she held to him. For the sake of the song, he trailed off for the most part; only humming softly along in recognition as the song, itself, began to play.[break][break]

By no means was he the best singer, but he definitely did intend to try his best.[break]
And he did try his best through the time he sang.[break][break]

…It just so happened, however, that the time was shorter on his end. In the beginning, he joined her. He sang— but as time went on (and as he was able to hear her voice for a longer and clearer time), he’d absentmindedly trailed off in favor of simply eying her and listening contently.[break][break]

Admiration, accompanied only by a softened gaze and an absentminded smile of affection.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2022 23:36:34 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she's enjoying herself. [break][break]

it's been a while since she was able to sing and, for once, she feels more at ease, haring the piano play over the speakers in the room (though loathe is she to hear her own voice, the music thankfully drowns out what she perceives to be horrible singing. his own voice compliments hers as well, which makes it bearable). calmer, soothing music like this is what makes her happiest, especially when it's accompanied by someone she's only recently started holding closer to her heart. really.. she doesn't know when it started. she doesn't know why it started. [break][break]

.. but she's happy. [break]
and she's learned not to question what made her happy.[break][break]

it's easy to lose yourself in music - it's the case for many people. daphne is no exception, so she enjoys singing and getting lost in the notes as she sings, even going as far as to not catch when calix trails off in the song to eye her - to admire her, the same way she's admired him a good amount of times. the blonde woman sings until the end, of which she's left listening to the piano peer out, with the same, calm smile to her lips. "ca--" she starts, only to meet with his eyes when she turns. [break][break]

she'd get lost if she hadn't realized that he was.. eyeing her, with more affection than she knows what to do with. her cheeks flush a pink, as do her ears, as she lowers the microphone and pulls the tablet back up. "w-we can.. find another song to sing." she tries to avoid eye contact, and she doesn't understand why she's bashful. he has this effect on her.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
...do you sing? [m][ac]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2022 0:37:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: