Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2022 4:21:35 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cygghost"]
[attr="class","llppromised"]
[attr="class","llppromised1"]
[attr="class","llppromised2"]
[attr="class","llppromisedicon"]

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle"]golden[break]crown

[attr="class","llppromisedtitle2"]of sorrow, my bloody sword to swing

[attr="class","llppromisedblurb"]

The official memo stayed pinned on the communal job board in the caf for a really long time. Cyg would pass it on the daily, flocking to the Rocket canteen for her morning coffee and breakfast sando: [break][break]

SEEKING INDIVIDUAL(S) TO SECURE, CONTROL, AND MAINTAIN POINT OF OPERATIONS.
[break]
Then, handwritten in red ink by an unknown party: [break][break]
*COCKS GUN* MOON’S HAUNTED

[break]
As of yet, no one had volunteered. [break][break]

Cyg was walking past it yet again, taking a drink from her coffee, and planned on ignoring it like she always did. She walked around a corner and slammed face-first into her stupid Cofagrigus, scaring the shit out of her and dumping hot mocha all down the front of her clothes. [break][break]

Muirne rocked back and forth, back and forth. [break][break]

With everyone staring at her, Cyg stomped back and ripped the notice off the board. [break][break]

Literally nothing could be worse than her daily life. [break][break]

It was an old, run-down shack, bordered on three sides by overgrown berry bushes and thorny, dead roses. Strategically, it offered a perfect waypoint between Hoenn’s easternmost coast and the interior of the region. It was abandoned, so, you know, free real estate. It was definitely off the beaten path, Cyg was realizing, as she sliced the back of her hand on a briar; no one would ever have suspected it of being utilized for anything, let alone a base of Rocket operations. [break][break]

Cyg shoved through a thick wall of vines, feeling like Clayton during his death in Tarzan, and came face to face with the mystery shack, as it were. Dilapidated wood panels were horizontally placed along the facade. Rotting shingles dangled precariously from strips of old roofing. There was a window on the front, the glass fogged and cracked, and a beat-up old door with a brass knob. A wrap-around porch jutted off the left hand corner, complete with a rickety, creepy-old rocking chair. [break][break]

She was about the approach the front door when she felt someone-- or something-- behind her. [break][break]

“Muirne, if that’s you, I swear to god I’m sending you to the big Pokemon factory in the sky, you musty box ass bitch.” [break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","llppromisedtag"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Poppins:300,400,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700,800]
[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb]text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag span]flex-grow:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.cygghost .llppromised]--promisedAccent:#ffbd31;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 9:49:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's not the job but the red-inked message below that had captured Gavin's attention. He'd left the notice up with no intention of taking the job. He was underboss; there were ordinarily better things to do with his time than grunt work, unless he was assessing one of their new hires.

But when he finds himself in the area for something else... well, if he were a cat curiosity would've buried him years ago.

Moon's haunted. What ever did that mean?

He huffs, a sound that might've been an attempt at laughter, when he comes upon the grunt.

"Who's Muirne, and what did she do to deserve that?"

Gavin steps up on the porch and chances a look in one of the half-boarded windows, but it's so coated with dust and grime that he can't see much beyond. Making a face, he turns back to the girl.

"Surely we can do better than this dump." He shakes his head. "Gavin Merlino. Who're you?"

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 21:53:01 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]

“Oh jeez shit god,” Cyg yelped, jumping away from and clutching her chest in fright. “Fuck. I’m sorry. I thought you were my stupid Cofagrigus.” Her boots slipped in the moss-covered loam and winter-bare branches knocked overhead like rattling bones. A chill wind brushed through the clearing and caused a wooden shutter to knock eerily against the front of the shack-- but aside from the subdued bang, bang, bang of rotting wood against rotting wood, it was silent. [break][break]

Cyg dragged a hand down her tired face and sighed, looking at the foreboding structure. Gavin steps up onto the porch and peers through the window, gilded with dust and grime. As soon as he steps foot on the porch, the wind stops. The clearing falls dead silent. [break][break]

Sighing, Cyg stepped up to the plate, as well, and reached for the doorknob, saying, “Right? This feels like opportunistic scavengry.” The doorknob’s surface is rough with wear and use, but to Cyg’s surprise, it turns easily. “My name’s Cygne, I’m--” she’s saying as she pushes the door open, letting the door fall back against the wall behind it-- [break][break]

--and comes face to face with her leering Cofagrigus. [break][break]

She snatches her hand back and jumps away with a yeep; when she lands on the rotting porch boards, they give way, and she punches a hole up to her mid-calf in the wood. “Fuck! God damn it! Muirne!” Cyg rips her ankle free of the hole and gingerly places weight on it, relieved to not feel any pain or discomfort. Her Cofagrigus is standing rock still in the doorway, blocking their entrance to the house proper. [break][break]

Cygne sighs. This is Muirne. She’s a royal pain in my-- wait.” She’s peering at the whole she kicked in the porch; all of a sudden she drops to her hands and knees to press her eye against the hole. [break][break]

“There’s-- there’s like, a window? Down here,” she says, sitting up and looking at Gavin. There’s a smudge of dirt on her forehead. “Like an old-fashioned recessed window. With… with bars on it.” [break][break]

Muirne looms ominously in the doorway, still as death.
[break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.llppromised]--promisedAccent:#111111;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #e5e5e5;background-color:#f9f9f9;width:425px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised1]padding:20px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cijxkS/dark_spots2.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromised2]padding:40px;background-color:#f9f9f9;color:#5f5f5f;text-align:justify;font:11px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:19px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedicon]float:left;height:60px;width:60px;padding:10px;border:solid 5px #ececec;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle]padding-right:10px;font:35px Poppins;font-weight:700!important;letter-spacing:-.5px;color:var(--promisedAccent);line-height:30px;padding-bottom:25px;border-bottom:solid 5px #ececec;margin-bottom:25px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtitle2]font:800 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;margin-bottom:30px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedblurb b]color:var(--promisedAccent);font:400 13px Poppins;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-.25px;padding:0px 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag]margin-top:25px;display:flex;gap:10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.llppromisedtag a]border:solid 5px #ececec;padding:10px;font:bold 8px Poppins;line-height:8px;letter-spacing:1px;color:var(--promisedAccent)!important;width:auto;display:block;transition:.5s;text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 18:26:30 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Perhaps her reaction should've been expected, given how she'd thought herself alone save for her Pokémon, but Gavin's lip quirks in amusement all the same.

He doesn't miss the way the shutters fall still the moment he looks in the window, nor the sudden absence of the wind.

Just ghosts, he tries to tell himself, but his skin prickles. He's been through too much shit in Hoenn to dismiss something so obviously wrong.

He turns toward the door as Cygne introduces herself, lips parted as if to speak, but her violent reaction to whatever was on the other side of the door has Gavin immediately on guard. Despite the absence of wind, purple-black miasma surges around Rocket's underboss as he curls his fingers around a capsule at his hip and pulls it free.

Once she'd recovered from putting her leg through the porch, should Cygne look over she'd see Gavin with a malicious looking Sandslash snarling at his side, its icy spines dark and unusual. Frostbite spreads beneath its clawed feet.

Needless to say, Gavin was a little paranoid.

"Bars," he repeats. "What the fuck. I swear, if this is someone's idea of a joke..."

But this was a Rocket mission and so he shakes his head and steps closer.

"Is your Muirne going to move, or are we going to need to find an alternate entry?"

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 16:07:08 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]

He had a point. Cyg stood up and scrubbed the dirt from her eyebrow. “Muirne, scooch,” she said, jerking her thumb over her shoulder in a get outta here gesture. But the Cofagrigus stayed still as stone, a mummified guardian of the doorway. Cyg scratched at her arm, sheepish; here she was, looking like she couldn’t control her own Pokemon… but even moreso, it wasn’t like Murine to just… stand there. Despite her penchant for pranks, Muirne was usually a decent follower; she was known to be protective of her trainer. “...I don’t think she wants us to go in,” Cyg finally said, realizing she sounded a bit pathetic, but not entirely willing to dump on her Cofagrigus. [break][break]

She looked down and followed the lines of frost-scalded wood to the hole she’d punched with her ankle. Suffocated by a surge of something she couldn’t quite understand, she dropped to her knees again, and began ripping up the warped, rotted wood. The action was loud, like thunder in a silent night; splinters aside, soon there was a large enough window for both her and Gavin to look through: [break][break]

There was, indeed, a recessed window, hidden underneath the porch. It looked old, and was equally crusted over with grime. Heavy metal bars had been soldered in over it-- those looked newer, still slightly shiny. Cyg hummed a note and dropped into the gap beneath the porch, kneeling for a closer look. “These are new,” she said, mostly thinking aloud, “and really poorly done.” She pointed to the uneven solder lines, all lumpy and jagged. [break][break]

She popped back out of the destroyed porch and looked thoughtfully at Gavin’s Sandlash. “Do you think ol’ Sharpy there could break these bars with a little bit of ice action?” She sent a sideward glance at Muirne, who was still… still. “Or I could… put her back in her Pokeball, I guess.” It sounded pathetic. It was pathetic. But Cyg couldn’t shake the feeling that Muirne was warning them away for a reason. She couldn’t expect Gavin to understand, of course. So she wanted to give him the option for the alternate entry, as he put it.

[break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 22:21:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Once, Gavin might've sneered and mocked Cygne for not having total control of her Pokémon. Kanto's ethos has drilled into him that Pokémon were tools, made only to carry out your will, and would a hammer dare to disobey you? But a partnership with Lugia and the slow distancing from Rocket's old ways gives him enough pause to evaluate the situation with logic.

Why didn't the Cofagrigus want them to go inside?

He's puzzling over the potential dangers and wishing they could just ask, the way he'd ask Lugia if he knew something was troubling her, and that gives Cygne enough time to clear a better window to the... well, window.

"Could be one of ours," he suggests of the newly installed bars, though there's doubt in his tone. "If you're here about the job posting as well, that is. Wasn't me who posted it, nor do I know who did."

He didn't know everything that went on in Rocket, mind you, but it still disturbed him a little when he was entirely out of the loop.

"Well. Does she want us to stay out of the building entirely, or just that way in?"

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 15:59:34 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]

“Yeah, that’s what I’m here for,” Cyg said, rubbing her sore hands on her jeans. She had splinters from ripping up the porch.

[break][break]

“I wish you could just talk, you doofus,” she told Muirne, good-naturedly before pulling out her Pokeball and sealing the Cofagrigus inside. In the brief seconds of transfer, where Muirne became a zap of energy-- the shift between her physical form and the metaphysical version secured in her Pokeball, Cyg felt something… cold, settle in her stomach. She forced herself to swallow, touching her throat; but a second later, Muirne was safely sealed away, and the feeling was gone.

[break][break]

The interior of the abandoned shack was about as lackluster as one could get. To the left, there was a small eat-in kitchenette, with a round, wooden table and three chairs; a fridge, a gas stove, and an L-shaped section of counters were wedged into a corner. To the right, there was an ancient couch, the faded retro paisley pattern just barely discernible underneath eons of dust; a small coffee table sat in front of the couch, highlighted by the dim light from the crusty window; and nearest the wall there was a TV on a rolling stand, the screen shattered long ago to reveal the inner workings and mechanisms. “That’s old,” Cyg said, not very helpfully, pointing to the ancient bulb and wires and connectors that looked right out of Frankenstein.

[break][break]

Directly across from Cyg and Gavin, the main room narrowed into a hallway that led back into darkness. Cyg pulled out her phone and turned on the flashlight-- illuminating a fresh trail of footprints in the dust on the ground, heading back towards the hallway. Following the footprints, they started just behind where Muirne had been standing and disappeared in the dark at the back of the building.

[break][break]

She relaxed a bit. Only physical beings left footprints, right?

[break][break]

The house was silent save for the shifting of the boards beneath their feet. The cold air stunk of mildew and dust.

[break][break]

Cyg fished under her sweater for a Pokeball and called out Eulalia; the purple-touched Baneful Fox stood silently nearby, like an extra shadow.

[break][break]

“Just in case,” she said to Gavin, as they pressed on towards the hallway, which led to the very back of the house. There was another window at the end of it, one they wouldn’t have seen from the front of the building. The glass panels were cracked and spread with dark stains of some unknown material, like paint. Cyg hoped it was paint. There were two doors, one on each side, across from each other.

[break][break]

Cyg didn’t know if Gavin felt the same but suddenly she felt very cramped like the whole place was falling in on her. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to fight the rising flood of panic as it crawled up her throat, spidery and bitter.

[break][break]

[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 23:26:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He's never been afraid of ghosts. At best they were misunderstood, at worst a nuisance. Perhaps a danger to some, but not to Gavin, who had a host of more terrifying Pokémon to fend off whatever specters might trouble him.

He does have a healthy trepidation for the unknown, however. So he steps into the house with caution, the snarling Sandslash at his heels, and keeps one hand on his pokeball belt with the expectation of danger.

It's obviously long abandoned by whoever used to live here, judging by not only the age of the television but the thick film of dust that coats every available surface. Breathing it in makes Gavin cough, lungs aching as he covers his mouth and screws up his expression. Not for the first time, he tells himself that he'll need to quit smoking.

When he recovers, he takes in the doors and Cygne's apparently suffering mental state.

"We'll take them one at a time," he suggests, gesturing down the hall in explanation. "One of us opens it, the other person keeps a lookout for danger. Sound good?"

He's already taking a step toward the door on the left.

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 18:51:10 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

She’s frozen in the spot to a crusting of dust on the floor and barely recognizes Gavin moving beside her. There’s a weird heavy panic pinching in her throat and she’s having a hard time breathing; she can’t speak, and moreso, can’t even put words to what is making her so alarmed.
[break][break]
Gavin taking the lead is a good idea and she can do little but nod as she watches him open the door on the left-- like the front door, it is unlocked, and it swings open with a creak, revealing a dark room. An ancient grandfather clock sits in the corner, golden pendulum lyre long fallen still. There is a poorly made bed cast askew of the center of the room, and two bookshelves scattered with rotting books and papers.
[break][break]
Fighting down the bile at the back of her mouth, Cyg peers around Gavin into the room with the clock. She bends down to pick up a piece of paper which has fallen to the floor, the dry and dusty texture of it unpleasant on her fingertips. Most of it is decrepit and water-stained, unable to be red, but misshapen blotches of purple ink only partially obscure what looks to be a scratchy, but discernible, image of a Pokemon: Gastly. There is a purple arrow pointing towards the Gastly, and an arrow in gold or white pointing away from it.
[break][break]
"This looks like... a flow chart?" Cyg ventures, squinting a bit in confusion. "Some of these symbols are technical for, like, energy conveyance. We had them for junction specs in Mauville."
[break][break]
As they make their way into the room, they can see the clock more clearly. The moon dial has the phases of the moon spread across the back of what looks like wings, surrounded by unknown symbols. The pendulum, likewise, is the same, double half-circle shape.
[break][break]
Examining their surroundings has calmed Cyg down a little, though she’s still slightly shaky. “I wonder how much this is worth,” she ventures, gently placing her fingers on the clock; as she does, the thing lets off a massive chime, and Cyg jumps back with a yelp as the time hands begin to spin wildly out of control. The pendulum lyre begins to rock back and forth with massive, clunky beats; the whole thing glows bright violet--
[break][break]
--and then the glass casing in the front shatters, sending shards of glass scattering across the floor in a deafening explosion. Cyg stumbles backwards and is caught by Eulalia; one of the time hands on the glock spins completely free of the face and goes flying.
[break][break]
The silence that follows is heavy and stentorian. Cyg is breathing heavily in the arms of her Zoroark; a dark stain patches the front of her shin where a long piece of glass has embedded itself through her jeans and into her flesh. She looks at Gavin with wide, terrified eyes.
[break][break]
From the hallway behind them there’s the thump of a door shutting, and the sound of heavy feet going down stairs.

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidnotes"]

notes.

dun dun DUUUN

[attr="class","rigidpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #634f72; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #634f72; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #634f72; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #634f72; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #634f72; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #634f72; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #634f72; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #634f72; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 8:57:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Moon's haunted.

The strange phrase comes back to Gavin as he observes the clock. He recognizes the wings, though it takes a moment before he remembers where he's seen their like before.

"Lunala," he mumbles, half to himself, and wonders where was now. Did it still travel with him? He doubts this has anything to do with the former Beast, but...

"Fuck!"

Gavin shouts in alarm and staggers back from the clock as its hands begin to spin out of control. As glass explodes across the room, a flurry of ice follows — Gavin's Sandslash has leapt into the room beneath a HAILSTORM, frost spreading beneath thick claws that tear through a rotting wooden floor. It snarls and swings its head around, furious in the absent of a threat on which it might let out its frustrations at being startled.

Gavin processes the sudden sensory overload, blinks, and miasma swells to choke the room with its presence. For a moment, it looks as though the underboss intends to follow the sound and confront who-or-whatever had slammed the door, but after a beat he turns to Cygne and sweeps a cutting gaze over her injury. She certainly wouldn't be escaping this place in any kind of hurry. He clicks his tongue in frustration, fingers ghosting along his pokeball belt and eyes narrow. He didn't have many healers on-hand, but...

A Lucario emerges in a flash of red. Not a shadow, like the Sandslash; a regular Pokémon.

"Calm," he growls toward his Sandslash, who bares its teeth at him before seeming to think better of a challenge, hunching low and ripping at the floor with its steel claws.

"Pull that out when you're ready; my Lucario will heal what it can."

He clicks his tongue and gestures to the door, and the temperamental Sandslash lunges to stand as a barrier between them and the rest of the house.

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 17:34:08 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The ground beneath Cyg’s feet grows cold and for a terrible half-second she imagines she’s dying. It’s dramatic, but in the dark building, the floor now shattered with grass, and the distant, adrenaline dulled throb in her shin, things have gotten unpredictably heavy. Gavin’s Sandshrew tears a hole in the wooden floor, revealing the space beneath; but before Cyg can process that detail, she watches a purple cloud billow out from around Gavin, like an unseen specter wrapping him in void-colored bubble wrap.
[break][break]
The reality of what Gavin is telling her to do sets in and she says, “Oh.” Before looking down at her injury, face pale. Behind her, Eulalia rolls her eyes, then reaches forward with a purple-drenched hand and yanks the glass piece from Cyg’s shin, leaving droplets of blood in its wake. The yell of surprise dies in Cyg’s throat as Gavin’s Lucario does its best to heal her, closing the worst parts of the wound and leaving little more than a sore, red scratch and a hole in her jeans.
[break][break]
Cyg had doubled over to grab at her shin when she had the opportunity to peer through the hole in the floor Gavin’s Sandslash made. Balancing precariously on the edge, hands gripping the splintering, rotten boards, she looks into the space beneath them-- a large, cavernous basement, which at first glance, appears to be completely hewn out of the bedrock of the earth. Almost like the cave was here first and the house was built over it.
[break][break]
Curious, Cyg leans further into the space beneath them, looking for more detail--
[break][break]
--something cold and forceful grips her dangling ponytail, and drags her down with a fierce jerk. She disappears into the dark floor with a strangled scream, sending up motes of frost in her wake.
[break][break]
Eulalia exchanges a wide-eyed second’s glance with Gavin’s Lucario and leaps in after her trainer.

notes.

w'RE LAMOST DONE IM SORRY

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #634f72; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #634f72; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #634f72; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #634f72; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #634f72; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #634f72; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #634f72; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 16:38:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Cygne's Zoroark reacts quicker than its trainer, yanking out the glass and allowing Niamh's life dew to pour into the wound. Droplets of dew turn pink with blood as the wound closes beneath the healing waters.

Gavin, too, is drawn in by the hole ripped in the floorboards by his Sandslash. He doubts it had been intentional on the creature's part — more an outlet for its frustration than a desire to uncover secrets — but it was nevertheless a convenient window into whatever was below. Squinting, Gavin intends to give his eyes a moment to adjust to the dark.

He doesn't have that opportunity.

When Cygne is yanked down into the hole, Eulalia follows, and so does he.

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 23:29:38 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Cyg hits ground, hard; the rock floor of the basement is cool against her burning cheek. She presses herself up into her forearms, stars splaying across her vision, as something dark and mildly gaseous seeps into the blackness playing at her field of view. She thinks for a moment it’s more of Gavin’s weird purple clouds, but then he appears beside her-- Eulalia bends to lift her from the ground-- and she realizes it can’t be him.
[break][break]
She also realizes someone is speaking.
[break][break]
“Too soon, it’s not ready, too soon…”a voice is muttering, high-pitched and hoarse and scratchy.
[break][break]
“What the fuck--?” Cyg starts, tasting blood in her mouth--
[break][break]
“Too SOON!” the voice screeches, and around them, a collection of grandfather clocks light up vibrant lavender. Pendulum’s begin to thunk, clunk in their coffin-like frames, as time hands spin wildly out of control. The lights undulate, and in every few flashes Cyg thinks she sees the impression of a Pokemon-- Gastly, or Litwick, or Sinistea. All Ghost Pokemon, pressing against the inside of the glass for the briefest of seconds before they’re wiped away again.
[break][break]
The source of the voice emerges, then-- it looks vaguely human, though hunched and wrinkled; their skin is pale and almost colorless, hair silvery wisps stringed from a patchy scalp. What few teeth they have are pointed, though the gaps in their gums are many. Half of their face is shrouded in shadow, a seam of blotchy, black, infected-looking stitches cutting across their forehead, down their nose, and over their chin. A third of their head is purple and pointed, like a Gengar’s ear; their right eye is red and glowering.
[break][break]
“I have tasted the flesh and blood of fallen angels,” the creature hisses, slaver splattering from thin, pulled back lips, “I have seen beyond the world of skin, the architecture of blood and marrow. For this is the twilight winter, and I am ready to be its son.”
[break][break]
Cyg’s mouth went dry. A trickle of blood streamed from a crack at the top of her forehead, down over the bridge of her nose, and to her chin.
[break][break]
“Can we kill this thing?” she whispered to Gavin.
[break][break]
The stitch-faced monster grinned.
[break][break]

“You’ll die, now,”
it said.
[break][break]
The room erupted in shattered glass.

notes.

ty max payne for this <3

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,876 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 16:44:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"What the fuck," Gavin agrees, horrified.

He's seen his fair share of wild shit in Hoenn. He still isn't entirely sure what had gone down beneath the Church of Arceus, nor the cause behind whatever temporal rift had brought him to Dialga's domain. That's not even touching on Necrozma.

This, though, this was also pretty fucking bizarre.

Rather than puzzling over it, though, Gavin immediately goes on the offensive. He barely registers whatever spooky shit the individual was spouting, whistling for his Sandslash and being joined by the feral creature moments before the room erupts in a shower of glass.

When Sandslash's protect fades, it hisses and lunges for its foe with all the pent-up frustrations it hasn't been able to unleash.

"Cygne? You good?

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,317 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
king [m]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 16:22:47 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Bless Gavin and his forward-motion mindset. Knowing Cyg, she would’ve just stayed there forever, trapped in an endless cycle of realization and horror, looking upon whatever-- whatever that thing was.
[break][break]
She can’t help but cry out when all the clocks explode, ducking and covering her head as she feels Eulalia’s heaviness falling over her, an added note of protection. She shifts up just as Gavin’s Sandslash’s protection fades with a glimmer.
[break][break]
In the reflection of a thousand crystalline pieces of glass she watches the ice-borne Sandslash gut whatever the hunched, mutated creature was; it barely has enough time to make a noise before its intestines are spilling across the floor. The purple from its flesh fades into something blackened and necrotic, and it goes limp, like a marionette with snapped strings. The room fills with the scent of iron blood and foul stomach wounds.
[break][break]
And just like that, Cyg senses a shift. She can hear crickets singing. A gentle wind causes the beams of the old wooden shack to creak.
[break][break]
She swallows, feeling lighter than she had since she stepped foot on the porch of the place.
[break][break]
“Y-yeah,” she says, shaky but solidifying. She touches fingertips to the small, hairline crack on her temple, and they come back sticky with drying blood. She can't help but laugh. “Mildly concussed, but. Yeah.”
[break][break]
She sits up on her knees, looking up at Gavin. “Thank you.”

notes.

we can end in 1 or 2 c: ty for riding along w ME here on the magic schoolbus