Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Back on the Treadmill (Social)
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 8:46:24 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Elinor looked at the clock tightly attached to her left wrist. She still had plenty of time, which was nice. It meant she didn’t have to hurry with her preparations. She stood in front of the mirror, looking at herself. She had chosen a nice, form-fitting professional black and white suit. Her long pink hair had been gathered into a tail on her back, as she otherwise knew it would flow wherever it wanted if it wasn’t. While that was admittedly a very cute look, today’s dealings did not call for cute.
[break][break]

She applied the last of what small amount of make-up she wore, nothing fancy, a bit of eyeshade, and some lipstick, just to ramp up her natural features a bit. Once applied, she took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself for what she was about to go out and do. She glanced out the window of her Slateport apartment. The weather was nice, no clouds upon the midday sky, the sun shone brightly even for this time of the year. It was probably warm outside. Another look at her wrist-clock. She had to get going.
[break][break]

She exited the apartment, suitcase in hand. It felt heavy, though this situation wasn’t something new, she had been spending a bunch more time doing trainer stuff lately, so being back on the treadmill of brokering deals on behalf of her parents was, almost uncomfortable for her, like getting back to work after a long vacation.
[break][break]

She walked down the streets of Slateport until she arrived at the usual place, it was a quaint little Café. There weren’t a lot of customers, not even at this time of the day nor in this weather. It was the perfect place for talking business over a good ol’ cup of coffee. She looked over the people that sat at the tables outside. But none of them matched the description of the guy she was supposed to be meeting. There was the hipster wannabe-author smack dab in the middle of the place, laptop out as they were typing away. At the far end a small group of teenagers clearly skipping school, and then in the opposite corner someone whom she would consider a non-descript person. None of them was a sleazy middle-aged businessman with a thing for young pink-haired women. Before entering the premise she pulled out her phone and checked if she had been sent a message about a change in schedule. But she saw none.
[break][break]

As she stood there for what was probably three minutes or so, clearly appearing to be waiting for someone, she would do another scan of the place as if he were to magically appear, somehow. Of course, he could be inside, but he had been the one to suggest an outside table, so she didn’t assume that he would go inside.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
bits and pieces, strung together
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 14:15:27 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","exhausted"]I like the dirty rhythm you play.
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
“I’m terribly sorry, Miss Anderson, but I’m afraid Mister Slovensky won’t be joining you today.”

A distinctly Galarian voice spoke from behind Elinor, although it certainly wouldn’t be the one she expected. Were she to turn around, she’d come face to face with a green-eyed, black-haired woman, a slight smile on her face.

“I am Officer Mòrag Glas.” She introduced herself, flashing the badge that was on her hip, “And I’m here to inform you that Slovensky has been arrested on charges of money laundering, tax evasion, and sexual harassment. Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble, I just thought you should know.”

While Mòrag wasn’t outright lying about much, she wasn’t quite an officer as Elinor might assume. A conscripted operative for the League, the nature of Mòrag’s employment was more akin to contractual work than being part of the force proper, which usually meant more freedom, but also not quite as much authority as those in the League’s police or military might have.

Of course, that didn’t mean that she had no autonomy to speak of. In fact, the League did so love to weed out those who might make them look bad, and Slovensky happened to fit that bill perfectly: the perfect example of a greedy businessman, using legal loopholes and friends in high places to conduct his business, such that the typical police officer couldn’t do much against him. Mòrag, however, had absolutely no issue in bending the rules in order to catch him, and that was exactly what she did. Oh, how it felt satisfying to see the realisation on that man’s face as his little empire of greed crumbled to dust. Truly, there was no higher bliss.

Looking around, she’d then set her gaze back on the pretty pinkette that stood before her.

“But I’d hate for all your preparation and the trip to be for nothing. I’m well aware how much time it takes to get yourself ready for a formal meeting.” She spoke in sympathy, “I’d be more than happy to accompany you in Mister Slovensky’s stead. I’m sure I’d be able to offer much more pleasant company than him anyhow.”

The rather brazen offer left on the table, Mòrag waited for Elinor’s response.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤ different face, familiar name
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2022 14:48:44 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

As she waited for a bit, she slowly began to accept that he wasn’t showing up. Being stood up like that sure didn’t feel nice even if this meeting wasn’t exactly something she looked forwards to. But then a voice caught her attention by calling her out. She turned to the person speaking and saw a woman that couldn’t be much older than her.
[break][break]
Her first thought was that it was one of Mister Slovensky’s secretaries, such poor underpaid victims. But she had been wrong in that assumption as the person introduced herself as an officer of the law.
[break][break]
Elinor stiffened a bit, as Mòrag spoke. She had been so focused on the immediate threat to her freedom that she barely noticed the Galarian accent, even if the highly unusual name registered on her social radar. The things Mister Slovensky had been charged with were no small petty crimes, and Elinor acted accordingly. Even when Officer Glas assured her that she wasn’t in trouble, she couldn’t feel at ease. Though her face betrayed no emotions besides a small hint of confusion.
[break][break]
Now she expected this Mòrag person to leave her alone since she claimed she had no stake in the case. And yet, after having done a short look around the Officer’s gaze turned back to her, and then proved her completely wrong in her assumptions.
[break][break]
“Oh, I am sure you would,” Elinor said. While she couldn’t help but still look mildly confused. She was getting more comfortable, her shoulders weren’t as stiff, though she still kept her guard up. “I am going to take you up on that offer, Officer Glas…” She said her lips forming a more pleasant smile. “Can I call you Mòrag, or would you prefer to stay on surnames?” She asked while making a polite gesture towards the Café, offering Mòrag to take the lead, and pick their tables.
[break][break]
“And since you did me such a favor, whatever you want is my treat.” She informed her now fellow Café companion.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 21:03:08 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Elinor’s response was perhaps to be expected. Even if one did nothing wrong, Mòrag found in her short time working for the League that those associated with criminals even in passing tended to be nervous and reticent around officers of the law. Certainly understandable, given her own experiences. To Elinor’s credit, though, her face didn’t reveal much of anything, although it was quite likely she was feeling a lot more than she let on. Mòrag herself was once the same, after all.

Having done cursory examinations of Slovensky’s business partners, she knew a tidbit about the Andersons. Not that it was much, mind you. Mòrag had found no reason to do more than have a short look before moving on. As far as she was concerned, the only crime of the Andersons was being corporate bastards, and that wasn’t reason enough to arrest them. What a shame.

Mòrag would look around for tables, but hearing Officer Glas did cause an ever so slight twitch of distate in her face, a microexpression that Elinor was likely familiar with and taught to look for in lieu of her upbringing.

“Do call me Mòrag, Miss Anderson… although I suppose I should call you Elinor if that’s the case, hmm?” Was her response with a sideways glance at Elinor. At the mention of being treated to the café’s food, Mòrag’s expression brightened into a smile.

“How generous of you, Elinor. I shall be sure to repay the debt later.” She said, eventually picking out a seat for them to sit on. Outdoors, but in the shade and with a nice breeze. The conversation would grow silent for a bit unless Elinor chose to speak up in the interim, but as Mòrag looked at the menu, she would eventually speak again.

“Hmmhmm. I presume your parents were the ones who put you up to this, Elinor? I imagine you had other ideas on how to spend your day rather than with some sleazy businessman.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit a]font:bold 6pt calibri;letter-spacing:1px;color:#b5d1f1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.exhausted]width: 480px; height: 20px; padding: 10px 0px 5px 0px; letter-spacing: 1px;background-color: #000; opacity: 0; color: #ffffff; text-align: center; font:bold 10px Montserrat; text-transform: uppercase; transition:ease 1s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 1s; -o-transition:ease 1s; -ms-transition:ease 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .exhausted]opacity: 0.75;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat][newclass=.really]width: 0px; height:2px; margin-top: -37px;background: #FF326C;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -o-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: -moz-linear-gradient(right, #FF326C, #ffad32);background: linear-gradient(to right, #FF326C, #ffad32);transition:ease 0.7s; -webkit-transition:ease 1s; -moz-transition:ease 0.7s; -o-transition:ease 0.7s; -ms-transition:ease 0.7s; [/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .really]width: 480px;[/newclass][newclass=.PT_table .PT_spots]background-color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.PT_table .PT_tabs]width: 80px; padding: 7px;background-color:#ffffff;text-align:center;font: bold 6pt calibri; text-transform:uppercase;margin: 3px 3px 3px 0px; transition: .3s;[/newclass][newclass=.dirty]font: 9px Playfair Display; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: justify;[/newclass][googlefont=Playfair Display][newclass=.rhythm]width: 80px; height: 80px;border: 8px solid #111111; margin-bottom: -20px;transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Im:hover .rhythm]border: 8px solid #111111; transform: rotate(315deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 11:08:00 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Elinor kept a small lookout for any signs and expressions that Mòrag might make, and in doing so she noticed the small twitch. She made a small mental note of it, and the willingness that Mòrag showed to forego her surname. Elinor nodded in acknowledgment when Mòrag asked if she could simply call her Elinor. It would be bad form to not allow the same courtesy after all.
[break][break]
“Oh, you do not need to consider it a debt. Consider it a gift.” Elinor tried to reassure the officer, though she knew gifting things to officers of the law was kind of a grey area. The more Mòrag was speaking, the more Elinor noticed the Galarian accent that she had, a small thought entered her head, and she placed it in the corner for the time being. Mòrag found an appropriate seat for them. It was a quite pleasant spot, covered in enough shade to not be bothered by the sun. As Elinor took her seat, she made sure to place the suitcase she carried underneath the chair, between her feet, so that she knew where it was at all times.
[break][break]
As they sat there, deciding what to pick from the Menu, Elinor took the time to gauge Mòrag once more through small glances of her person, in between deciding what items she fancied. While doing so allowed for a small silent pause to appear. Though the pause didn’t last long as Mòrag took the initiative.
[break][break]
Elinor listened carefully to the question. She bent and broke down the wordings, trying to figure out if there was some specific information that Mòrag could be trying to get out of her without her knowledge. Of course, she didn’t take too long to answer, having analyzed such questions many a time. “That is correct. My parents were the ones to set this up, deal and all. I was merely their messenger. - ” She made sure to distance herself from the actual deal, playing down her part of it, which admittedly was already small. “- There is certainly a long list of things I would rather be doing. But alas they are my parents, and they do pay the bills. So sacrifices must be made.” She admitted, trying to put a little emphasis on how hard it was.
[break][break]
Having finally decided what she wanted. She motioned for a waiter or at least someone who looked like they worked here, to take their orders. Which they promptly did. Elinor quickly, methodically, and very experienced in bossing people around ordered a Standard Double Espresso, nothing fancy about it. As well as a Ham and Cheese sandwich made with a Whole-grain Baguette. She wasn’t about to take a whole meal, but she was a bit hungry. Of course, the waiter took Mòrag’s order as well, if she was so inclined to give it.
[break][break]
Once the waiter was gone, Elinor turned her attention to Mòrag. “But enough about me. Let’s talk a little bit about you.” Elinor took a second to see how Mòrag reacted to that. Though it wouldn’t stop her. “I might be making a bold assumption here, but do you perhaps come from or have ties with the Galar region?”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 21:57:16 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
“A gift, hmm?” Mòrag’s expression was unreadable as she said this, pausing but a moment to let it linger in the air… before grinning, revealing her rather large canines, “Very well. I appreciate it.”

Gifts… in their world, gifts always came with a price attached, and so Mòrag was always skeptical of them. Who knew what a simple gift could come at the price of? But she supposed that accepting something as simple as being treated to a free meal at a café was quite harmless.

As she looked at the menu, she would follow along with what Elinor was saying, occasionally nodding to show that she was listening.

“Hmmhmm, I see.” She said, “Believe me when I say I understand your position. More so than you might think.” And her reasoning was twofold: first, being put up by her parents to sit in on all manner of deals and aristocratic bullshit. Second, being made by the League to do their dirty work while the organisation itself kept its hands clean. The very thought sickened her ever so slightly.

Mòrag would make her own order alongside Elinor’s: fried eggs on toast with bacon on the side, and some tea to drink. Rather stereotypical, and quite unhealthy, but Mòrag felt like treating herself after a job well done. It wasn’t often she got to eat such things, after all.

Being asked about herself, Mòrag would take a moment to think, an ever so slightly bemused expression on her face.

“Me? Hmmhmm.” She paused a moment before continuing, “Yes, I am Galarian. That’s typically one of the first things people notice about me, followed by how posh I sound. I’m here on ah… business matters, you could say, though it’s not quite by choice that I’m where I am now. Life is complicated that way, no?”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 9:43:07 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
Mòrag made it known that she understood her position. She wondered how she was capable of doing that. But that was just another thing that she could ask about later. For now, they made their orders and moved the conversation along.
[break][break]
Elinor noted how it took the woman a moment to consider what she would say. An all too familiar routine for Elinor. Elinor gave a small sophisticated nod when Mòrag acknowledged her deduction as correct. It wasn’t the hardest part to deduce after all.
[break][break]
“Posh? Really?” She teasingly said. Elinor then listened to the woman continue about her business in a very nondescript manner. “Life is indeed complicated.” Elinor gave an understanding nod. While she wanted to pry into this business, she had to consider how to best go about it without it being too pushy. In the end, she figured a direct approach would work best with this woman.
[break][break]
“Well, I do not wish to pry too much, but I am curious. The business you are here for is it personal or work-related?” She looked at Mòrag as she asked, politely hoping to keep eye contact.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 13:06:40 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
“Yes, really.” She said, leaning back onto her chair with a dramatic sigh, “I had many friends back in Galar, and they all made fun of me for it. Hardly my fault I’m capable of speaking with a modicum of class and decorum.”

The small smile on her face hinted that it didn’t bother her too much, and she was just complaining for the sake of complaining. Still, it did do Mòrag some good to reminisce over her friends, no matter how things eventually ended up…

“Hmmhmm…” She contemplated Elinor’s inquiry. Personal or work-related? The two were so deeply intertwined…

“I suppose it’s both.” She finally settled on that answer, “My work right now is quite heavily related to what once happened in my personal life.”

Mòrag left it at that, not particularly inclined to get into the fine details of what exactly happened with a near-stranger. At least not right now. Instead, she would redirect the conversation to Elinor herself.

“Say, Elinor. I know the sorts of things your parents put you up to, but I imagine you have quite a few interests outside that narrow purview. What sort of things do you actually enjoy doing?” She found this topic of discussion a lot more interesting than boring business talks like Elinor was probably forced to do all the time.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 20:02:03 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
While her comment posh had been meant in jest, it provided some more clues for her. The puzzle was slowly forming, and given her name, it could be no coincidence. The tale of her ‘friends’ only made it that much more certain.
[break][break]
Moving on she didn’t get much out of her answer. But never the less, she stayed attentive throughout it all, giving small polite nods when appropriate while making sure Mòrag would have all possible inclinations to feel heard during her little tale.
[break][break]
Though the spotlight didn’t stay on Mòrag for long, which was to be expected, they both had to share it. But, the way Mòrag initially worded the question did cause some concern, though Elinor tried to hide that, as she realized once again Mòrag was an officer of the Law and probably did a thorough background check on her. The stiffening of her face, as she tried to keep her concern hidden would be the only detail giving it away.
[break][break]
“Well, yes. While the continued accumulation of wealth is ever so amusing. It doesn’t make for an exciting life, does it?” Her face relaxed a bit more as she concluded that if whatever Mòrag had found was bad, then they wouldn’t be sitting here. “I do have a few interests, traveling the world, meeting new people…” She trailed on disinterested as she listed all the things that rich women with too much money and no meaning in life always tried to use to fill the void in their hearts.
[break][break]
But then she came to the last thing on her list, the one thing her parents had always tried to uproot from her to the point where even she placed it last on her list when talking with someone of seemingly equal standing. She perked up, her smile growing just a bit wider and a shine suddenly finding its way into her eyes as the words were about to leave her mouth. “Though, I have fancied Pokémon training for quite a while.” Realizing she had occupied a good bit of time she figured she could send the question right back to Mòrag. “And what about you? What do you fill your life with, when you aren’t putting sleazy businessmen behind bars.”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2022 12:04:03 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Mòrag gave her the time to answer her question, although Elinor’s stiffening face didn’t go by unnoticed. Still worried about that, huh? Well, she supposed she couldn’t blame Elinor. She was an officer of the law, at least in her eyes anyway.

Still, whatever suspicions Elinor may have had seemed to be pushed to the wayside as she answered anyway, with hobbies all too familiar to Mòrag. She was the same once upon a time, and while she did enjoy the occasional trip or visit to some fine dining restaurant, she believed there was more to life than that, such as…

“Pokémon training, hmm?” Mòrag perked up at that, Elinor was more like her than she initially thought. Maybe… “Perhaps we should go for a nice battle at some point. I do so love a good scrap on occasion, as do my pokémon, of course.”

The subject of conversation eventually shifted back to Mòrag, which was unsurprising, and it was fortunately something she was comfortable speaking more at length about. Putting a hand on her chin in thought, she would take a moment to piece together everything.

“Hmmhmm…” She mused before starting, “Well, as you may have been able to deduce, I enjoy pokémon training and battling. The adrenaline of a close fight and the euphoria of victory is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced, and I’m not sure anything else will match it for as long as I live.”

She paused for a moment.

“As for hobbies aside from that, I have a penchant for fashion, dancing, and singing. I’ve always been a proponent of self-expression, and those are some great ways to do so. I also admire the arts in general, though I’ve no talent for them myself. Beyond those hobbies, martial arts and parkour are my two favourites. Galar’s urban landscape had some nice spots — I miss them sometimes. As for fighting… well, that was something I learned to enjoy with time.”

Though they seemed similar up to this point, the answer Mòrag gave could not be more different from Elinor’s. She was a woman who did not care for appearances, and had long since shorn the trappings of an aristocratic rich girl. Though there may have been vestiges of what once was, she had been fundamentally changed through her experiences.

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 16:28:51 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Still high on the very mentioning of Pokémon training, Elinor’s smile grew just a bit wider. “Oh, that sounds like a splendid idea.” She replied. Now she was curious, which Pokémon did Mòrag own? How did she battle? The excitement was bubbling up from deep within her.
[break][break]
But she had to contain it for now. She had given a question in return and Mòrag seemed content to answer. Elinor listened as she sat there prim and proper, hands clasped together to avoid any unnecessary movements from them. Though it was hard to stay proper, she felt the giddiness and excitement bubble within her from the talk about Pokémon. She could only nod along as Mòrag described the very essence of Pokémon battles to her. “I am not sure I could have said that better myself.” She interjected when Mòrag took a little pause. She had to say something, she couldn’t just sit there and pretend she wasn’t excited about it.
[break][break]
And then Mòrag continued with her hobbies. Elinor noted them all down on the list of details she was keeping in her head. While there were some expected ones on the list, there were others that caught her attention, such as Martial arts and parkour, these were not things that fit on the profile she had drawn up until now. But Elinor did her best to not let her confusion show. As Mòrag had said, Martial arts had been something that came later in life.
[break][break]
But now what? Elinor wondered for a second. Ask more about her hobbies or talk Pokémon. It didn’t seem like she was inclined to go into more detail about how she came to enjoy the ‘fighting’ given how she seemed to dance around that topic. And Elinor had always found the arts a rather dull affair, at least the drawn or the textile forms. She could still enjoy a good piece of music as much as anyone.
[break][break]
She wanted to talk Pokémon but no she couldn’t she would have to feign some interest in Mòrag’s hobbies before she would circle back to Pokémon. “I have to be honest. When I first looked at you, I didn’t have you as the Parkour and Martial Arts loving type.” Her smile turned a bit more jesting in its curvature. “I assume the latter came about due to your current employment?”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 2:27:22 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Mòrag’s face grew into a smirk, happy that Elinor agreed with her. To fight was to live, whether with your pokémon or with your own fists, an affirmation of one’s own existence and will. While certainly not as dramatic to some, to Mòrag, through her experiences and life up to this point, it was one of the few things that kept her grounded in reality.

Not like she had much else left.

Continuing the conversation, Mòrag would take note of Elinor’s surprise, which certainly wasn’t unexpected. Even in a vacuum, those interests weren’t too common, and this was especially the case with someone like Mòrag, who didn’t necessarily present in such a way. Still, looks could be deceiving.

The question Elinor posed was an interesting one, and quite a plausible thing to wonder. A small smile came upon her face, almost as if she were teasing Elinor with the tantalising prospect of knowledge.

“Hmmhmm…” Once more with her little verbal tic, “I can see why you might infer that, but no. My enjoyment of fighting came earlier in life. I had many friends in low places, you see? And I wasn’t the type to shrink in the face of confrontation, so I naturally learned how to hold my own with time, and I also improved my skills from unexpected places. Dancing helped with my fitness and my understanding of tempo, both of which are quite important in a scrap.”

But of course, Mòrag caught the clear excitement Elinor demonstrated from the mention of pokémon battling, and so steered the conversation towards that.

“And it can also help when battling with your pokémon as well, as one might imagine understanding combat does. In fact, I occasionally train with my pokémon. My Mawile, in particular, is quite good at bobbing and weaving through enemy attacks. Being that small does help, when it comes to dodging at least.” She paused for a moment, “I could teach you some tips when it comes to battling, if you so wish. I’m quite good at it, if I do say so myself. Have to be, after having been at it for as long as I have.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 12:32:16 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

By now Elinor had noticed that Mòrag had taken a liking to teasing her with tantalizing bits of information. Though Elinor didn’t mind, working for your metaphorical meal wasn’t something new for her. In the end, the information was given to her and she consumed it readily. It was a fitting tale, one that made it all make sense. Though Elinor couldn’t make the same claims, her friends had always been carefully curated not only by herself but her family.
[break][break]
It didn’t go unnoticed that Mòrag caught onto something, she figured it would be her own excitement on the topic of Pokémon. This was confirmed when Mòrag turned the conversation more onto that topic. Elinor didn’t mind that at all, in fact she was perfectly contend with that. She gave a small nod once when Mòrag explained the use of training with your Pokémon, and another time when she suggested that she could give her a few pointers.
[break][break]
“Oh I am going to take you up on that offer.” Elinor said, her excitement almost uncontrollable. In fact so excited were she that she didn’t notice the hook for a follow-up question. “I will admit my training methods has to be sorely lacking. Most of my Pokémon haven’t even evolved or shown signs of being near doing so. And I can only assume that’s because me.” She paused, wondering how much further into details she should go.
[break][break]
Though before she could go any further they were interrupted by the arrival of the orders they had given a while back. Elinor thanked the waiter as the food was delivered in a most professional manner. Clearly they were used to handling finer clientele.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

winsome widowbird

she/her
twenty two
october fifth
hammerlocke
homosexual
operative
cadet
single
17 height
17 height
awards
47 posts
Mòrag Glas DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @morag
Mòrag Glas
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 2:43:57 GMT
Mòrag Glas Avatar
[attr="class","Im"]

[attr="class","really"]
[attr="class","rhythm"]
I want to hear you
calling my name.
I know you want
it in the worst way.
Mòrag nodded along. From what she figured, Elinor was an as of yet inexperienced trainer who had only recently began their foray into pokémon training. She put a hand on her chin, musing on what Elinor had said for a moment before responding.

“A tip from one trainer to another? There is no special method or requirement for your pokémon to grow and evolve. All you need to do is understand them, and work together with them in the way that best suits each individual pokémon. If you’ve accomplished that, you’re ninety percent of the way there. It’s just a matter of time apart from that, some do it quicker, while others take longer. There’s really no secret to it.”

As Mòrag was about to continue, their order arrived, which pleased the Galarian woman greatly. Depending on how used to the sheer greasiness of fried eggs on toast with bacon Elinor was, the smell might range from mouth-watering to perhaps a bit too much. Mòrag seemed to enjoy it, however, thanking the waiter similarly to Elinor.

After taking a few bites of her food, Mòrag would continue.

“Battling is one way to understand what makes your pokémon tick. Their tendencies, priorities, personalities. It all serves to bring trainer and pokémon closer together, particularly when there’s proper risk involved… not that I would advise you to seek out such risk.”

(tagged)⏤
(notes)⏤
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 19:14:45 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]
Elinor sighed a bit disheartened when Mòrag told the truth of the matter. While she had had an inclination towards time being all that she needed, she had hoped it wouldn’t be so. With her attention being pulled towards the food and drinks, she gave Mòrag time to eat and consider if she had more advice, which seemed to be the case as she began to speak once more.
[break][break]
Elinor was in the process of taking a sip from the coffee she had ordered. She grimaced for a short second, realizing the drink’s warmth only after the sip had reached her tongue. Though dealing with pain did not stop Elinor’s ears from perking at the mention of battles.
[break][break]
“Of course, I am not about to risk life and limb.” She said reassuringly. “But, I suppose the flaws of my team lie as much with me as it does with them. I need to acquire more battle experience since I have woefully little of it.” Though she looked at Mòrag, it seemed more like her words were spoken as a memo to herself than the actual woman.
[break][break]
“Mòrag, you sound like someone who has been around. You wouldn’t happen to know any places that could facilitate safe but challenging battles since I assume my defeat at the Gyms would be too swift for me to learn anything.” She looked almost hopefully towards her companion, as she reached out for the Sandwich she ordered. She gently wrapped her hands around it securing its position before she took a bite and awaited Mòrag’s reply while she chewed.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES