snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 22:53:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]fingers tap idly against a table.

the little bell situated above the door rings once more. and each time it signals an arrival that doesn't interest her.

people come in, sit, eat, and then leave the diner in waves. if her mental count is right, that's the 25th customer of the day.

a sigh heaves from her lips. maybe she got the date wrong?

and when she shifts in her seat, prepared to leave the diner and never return... the bell chimes again.

her head snaps up and there's the person she's looking for.

the rocket.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 16:52:19 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

danny shouldn't be here. actually, there are a lot of things danny shouldn't be doing or shouldn't have done, and yet at each occasion, he's done what his heart told him to do — the part of him that truly believes in doing good always wins.[break][break]

this time's no different.[break][break]

"professor."[break][break]

his greeting is warm and pleasant as he slides into the seat across from her. feeling too awkward, he doesn't gesture to the waitress. chooses to focus on her instead.[break][break]

"how... how are you?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dedenne"]

[newclass=".danny"]--accent:#ada3ab; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 23:22:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she wants to correct him, even opens her mouth to do so. and yet, words refuse to come. they get lodged in her throat and only go back down with a swallow.

"fine," she offers softly. it's noncommittal, as if she wants to avoid all attempts of small talk. and maybe, just a bit, she does. it's easier to get what she came for and never turn back.

the same question is asked of him anyway.

"how're you?"

fingers continue to tap, a little faster than before.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 9:07:40 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

noncommittal. the way it should be. except the same question is asked and now he doesn't know what to feel. so he answers naturally.[break][break]

"good! good."[break][break]

too excited, maybe? he catches himself, decides to tone it down a bit.[break][break]

a lot, really, because today he comes bearing bad news.[break][break]

"i..."[break][break]

he pauses, waiting until the waitress passes.[break][break]

"i couldn't get it."

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 19:49:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a small, awkward smile in the face of his genuine response.

and her mouth opens to speak, to murmur pleasantries back to him...

but his next statement knocks the wind out of her sails.

"you... couldn't?"

how? what happened after she left?

"i don't understand." it's firm, clipped, restrained. her fingers still against tabletop.

"did something happen?"

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 6:22:26 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"after that day, they ramped up security around the tree."[break][break]

not only did they double his patrol hours, they also added in more grunts just for the extra manpower should something happen. nothing ever did, however.[break][break]

"i actually got around them once but then i realized i had no idea how to get the sap."[break][break]

he actually chuckles then.[break][break]

"sorry."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 0:30:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a look of puzzlement etches into the muscles of her face. more security... because she went? no, it couldn't be. she's not a threat, not in the way they were expecting. perhaps she used to be, back when a pretty pink deity followed at her heels and the critical scales between life and death laid comfortably on her palms.

and that was a different time, a different her. sometimes she misses it... if only for the company she had but not herself. never herself.

"i see," she murmurs.

this... is irritating but understandable. and with a sigh, she offers a small smile.

"it's okay. the bark of the tree seems tougher than it used to be." perhaps because this one is bigger, more alive. "would you be able to get a soil sample, perhaps?" would that be easier?

or has the opportunity come and gone, fading from existence without care.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 16:26:30 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

a soil sample?[break][break]

"i could get that, yeah. digging soil sounds much more simple than extracting sap out of a tree."[break][break]

let alone a tree that big.[break][break]

finally feeling comfortable enough, he gestures for a waitress and orders a cup of coffee.[break][break]

"do you think there's anything else i could try to get?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 1:40:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]truthfully, she'd prefer the sap. it's... easier to do comparisons with pure samples but the sap they still have is tainted by her own brilliant terrible decision making skills. perhaps if she compares blue mulch from then and now, the differences will be astounding.

she hopes for groundbreaking, for revolutionary, for reviving. and maybe, if it's stronger now than before, there's a chance.

"no, that should be okay," she murmurs. he orders a coffee and the waitress disappears after a shake of the head from illeana. nothing for her besides nerves and an unsettled feeling in her bones.

"if you wanted to try extracting again, you could." a tiny smile rises, almost uncomfortable at the seams of her lips. "the soil sample should suffice, though." besides, she doubts he wants to drill into the tree and stab a spile in there.

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 15:33:21 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i'll stick to the soil, i think."[break][break]

doing anything more would be dangerous, considering his lack of knowledge in both the science and espionage departments.[break][break]

a moment passes before the waitress returns with his coffee.[break][break]

with nothing else to talk about, silence surrounds them, broken only by the occasional sounds of his sips.[break][break]

a statement comes eventually.[break][break]

"oh! i'm danny, by the way."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:51:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she nods inaudibly. and for a few passing ticks of hands on a clock, a lull of silence envelopes them. between his sips and the soft chatter of patrons around them, she's almost lured into a sense of security.

it fades, quickly, with the utterance of a name.

her eyes widen. arms settle over her chest and her head is tilting to the side before she can stop herself. somehow, she looks more confused than surprised.

"is it... wise of you to tell me your name?" they're supposed to be... enemies, she supposes. although, perhaps it's only fair given the work he's doing for her.

and after a silent deliberation with herself, one hand unfurls from beneath crossed arms to extend across the table.

"illeana, it's nice to meet you."

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 15:31:12 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

danny shrugs.[break][break]

"probably not. but i trust you."[break][break]

what is she going to arrest him on, anyways? defending the tree of life? he's not been caught in the act. hasn't been caught committing a crime. all he's done is sipped his coffee.[break][break]

he glances down at her hand before reaching for it, shaking.[break][break]

"i know, professor. you're kinda famous, you know."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 18:46:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she stills at the sentiment. trust... it's flimsy. easily given and easily destroyed.

and before she can open her mouth or offer a rebuttal, he's continuing along with a handshake.

embarrassment bleeds into rosy splotches on her cheeks.

"i -- no, i couldn't be," she mumbles. there's no way, not her. when she thinks of famous, her name doesn't pop up. it doesn't even beep on her radar. he has to be mistaken... right?

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 7:52:54 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you sure?"[break][break]

he pulls his hand back, lowering it to his cup of coffee for its warmth.[break][break]

"illeana reyes, youngest head professor in the league, hero of the war at meteor falls."[break][break]

he's definitely reciting something he's read online. never say he doesn't do his research.[break][break]

"you've done so much for the region."[break][break]

and danny? what has he done?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
epiphany
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 0:28:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]color continues to spread from cheeks. and when the tips of her ears are red, she's opening her mouth to speak.

the mention of the war, however, makes every word clog in her throat. she swallows, averts her eyes down to her hands, and she swears her entire being begins to tremble.

"i'm no hero," she mumbles. really, she's not. and if anything, the war proved that.

she's done nothing for the region. there's nothing to show for the losses she's taken. no trophies, no badges, no medals... just an empty bed, more scars, and a broken spirit.

and how the fuck does any of that make a hero?

"other people have done actual, good things for hoenn." she'll never be one of them. her stare is intense when it finally returns to him. somehow, there's a simmering anger fueling the connection. "i made some dirt in a lab, that's it." she doesn't touch upon how she lost everything and ran away after. and certainly doesn't breathe life into her sinful return, wouldn't even dream of it.