TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 2:40:20 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bakerboy"]
[attr="class","top"]

late nights are not uncommon in their line of work but they certainly can be unhealthy. it's why james makes it an effort to make sure everyone's kept well-fed and hydrated.[break][break]

not everyone is as willing, however.[break][break]

"dr. reyes!"[break][break]

he knocks on her door, lingering with a box of food in his hand.[break][break]

"late night?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-manectric"]

[newclass=".bakerboy"]--accent:#c25f73; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 3:11:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ she's distracted, disorganized. his knock settles into the chaos like white noise, fitting nicely between stacks of papers. and really, she should pay more attention given... well, everything. what snags her attention in the end is the pleasant aroma of food drifting in with james.

[break][break]

her head snaps up by the time he ushers a question out. and like clockwork, she flushes a bright pink with hot embarrassment.

[break][break]

"james! hi!" good job, illie... she's abandoning papers in a hurry. they flutter to the desk top without hesitation, happy to not be beneath her deathgrip any longer. "come on in, make yourself at home." his home is probably less messy and stressy than this place.

[break][break]

and almost shamelessly, she's peering at the box in his hand. somehow, she manages to not drool even as her stomach roars to life with a rumble.

[break][break]

"what'd you bring? it smells good."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".illie"]width:499px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/HV7nR2D/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie"]--accent:#b5493c; --accent2:#E37474 ;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xsc2s88/image.png); height:410px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top2"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1MvJLjz/image.png); height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .main"]margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox"]font:11px arial; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox b"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent2); font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .banner"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn"]text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); display: inline-block; vertical-align: bottom; -webkit-transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); -webkit-transition-duration: 0.3s; transition-duration: 0.3s; -webkit-transition-property: transform; transition-property: transform; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-out; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; -webkit-transform: translateY(-8px); transform: translateY(-8px); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:10px 0px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono'; min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc b"]text-transform:uppercase; font:11px poppins; letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc .icon"]float:left; width:80px; margin-right:25px; margin-bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; box-shadow:3px 3px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/L537Gg6/image.png); height:105px; margin-top:-70px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
I'm watching you dancing in the kitchen, I could call you my new religion
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 4:36:43 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

his home and his own workspace are both definitely less messy and stressy than her office. but he's not one to complain as he steps into her space.[break][break]

the way she practically stares at the box of food makes him chuckle, though he tries his best to hide his amusement.[break][break]

"it's katsudon! i ran back to the restaurant to pick up food for the others as well."[break][break]

so, in other words, it's food his parents made.[break][break]

he approaches her desk, offering her the box.[break][break]

"do you need help with anything?"

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".bakerboy .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 0:23:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ he could complain if he wanted to. really, she'd probably even laugh. her space is cluttered, chaotic in ways unbecoming of a reyes. and she simply couldn't give a single fuck. it speaks to her unending work ethic, her busy schedule, and her ability to juggle multiple tasks at once. thankfully, her silph co office is tidier... would have her head on a platter otherwise.

[break][break]

"ooooh," she coos out. there's a light in her eyes, existing halfway between excitement and pleading. it's cute in a plain sort of way. and when he comes closer, so does the aroma of food.

[break][break]

okay, god, she might be drooling now.

[break][break]

grabby hands reach for the box he offers, a bright smile etching itself into her lips. "you're the best! thank you." her stomach softly rumbles hungry agreement. she digs in a moment later and he asks a question as the first spoonful of rice, egg, and pork is shoved into her mouth. she barely manages to stuff the mouthful of food into one cheek pouch before trying to mumble out an answer.

[break][break]

"gjgjfgj," is what comes first, a jumbled mess of syllables trying to squeeze themselves into some fragile semblance of words. it doesn't work. she chews, swallows, and tries again with a flush. "you could... help me organize if you want?"

[break][break]

god fucking knows she needs it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".illie"]width:499px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/HV7nR2D/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xsc2s88/image.png); height:410px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top2"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1MvJLjz/image.png); height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox"]font:11px arial; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox b"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent2); font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .banner"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); display: inline-block; vertical-align: bottom; -webkit-transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); -webkit-transition-duration: 0.3s; transition-duration: 0.3s; -webkit-transition-property: transform; transition-property: transform; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-out; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; -webkit-transform: translateY(-8px); transform: translateY(-8px); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:10px 0px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono'; min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc b"]text-transform:uppercase; font:11px poppins; letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc .icon"]float:left; width:80px; margin-right:25px; margin-bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; box-shadow:3px 3px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/L537Gg6/image.png); height:105px; margin-top:-70px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 2:16:27 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the jumble of words is met with a few nods of his head. he understands nothing, of course, but maybe if he pretends hard enough he could play it off like he could.[break][break]

"you mean like i did last week?"[break][break]

how does one even make this much of a mess in a week? his question is rhetorical and teasing as evident by how he laughs.[break][break]

he's already walking around the space, cleaning and organizing as he sifts through the clutter.[break][break]

"do you need me to run you through the filing system again?"[break][break]

it's one he's helped introduce to the office.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 20:27:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ right... she has to stop using their assistant to help her clean. it's unbecoming, really. and yet, she continuously makes messes and constantly needs help clearing them. unfortunate for both parties involved, perhaps. lord knows james doesn't want to only clean when he's with her.

[break][break]

she colors a little further at the tease. a nod follows before she's moving to take another bite. god, his parent's cooking is incredible. the cafeteria could learn a thing or twelve from them.

[break][break]

"thank you," she mumbles, swallowing the next bite of food. "sorry i keep roping you into cleaning." he definitely has better things to do than help her organize. she could, in theory, pick his brain on which project they should work on... regional variants, shiny genes, space-time dimensional portals, primal quartz. each project lays in the clutter, half touched and left to live rent free in her head at home until she cracks the code.

[break][break]

"i might just need sticky notes of the process," she laughs. it tinkers out, fluttering like a bird's song on the breeze. it dies out a moment later. "so you don't have to keep doing this whenever i make a mess." nevertheless, she's thankful for his help, his organization, and his presence.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 9:31:22 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

there are probably a few things james could help out with in terms of research — regional variants, shiny genes, mega evolution, the list goes on — but he doesn't quite mind helping out with cleaning or organizing. it makes him feel helpful, like they actually appreciate having him here.[break][break]

it's quite silly, really, for a man of his smarts to feel self-conscious. but who could blame him? he's surrounded by hoenn's brightest.[break][break]

at the mention of sticky notes, james conveniently pulls a stack out of a drawer he's organizing along with a pen.[break][break]

"already on it."[break][break]

so he starts scribbling down instructions, placing each sticky note in the appropriate place for her to look over later.[break][break]

"i don't mind this, you know."[break][break]

he smiles, looking over his shoulder.[break][break]

"i like helping you and dr. morales out."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:33:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ god, he's good. sticky notes and pen at the ready? incredible. sometimes, she wonders if life would be easier on her if she were as organized as him. somehow... she doesn't expect her personal or professional life to be any less messy but man, it's a nice thought. and as he begins peppering sticky notes in their designated homes, her hands still around a stack of papers.

[break][break]

"you don't?" confusion etches into her expression and her nose scrunches upon instinct. "but... helping me organize wastes time you could spend learning." wouldn't he prefer to, i don't know, actually do some science instead of household chores? she wonders, albeit briefly, if his time spent with is similar or different. somehow, she expects it involves a bit more science.

[break][break]

his smile is returned in full, curling into her cheeks. "i hope you know... we really do appreciate you." he's helpful, kind, and pleasant. all in all, a perfect assistant. maybe they should do something for him like a gift basket or taking him on some wild adventure. her smile grows a little wider at the thought. she can picture eva now, bright eyed and bushy tailed over the suggestion.

[break][break]

"once we're done, i could break out my old shiny variant work if you'd be interested?" she, admittedly, should take some more samples. the old ones... well, they're more than likely no good now and besides, they're holed up in her house somewhere as tokens, reminders, memories.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 18:57:17 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

it's hard to argue against her point because she's right. his time could be better spent elsewhere learning or practicing instead of cleaning and organizing. but if not him, then who would help her?[break][break]

he could not leave her there to rot away under her own pile of work and clutter. that would be cruel.[break][break]

"well, true, but someone's gonna teach you."[break][break]

and then it's on to compliments. he's good at giving them, bad at receiving them. he flushes as a result, dipping his head away.[break][break]

"i'm just thankful to be here."[break][break]

but he's soon perking up again at the mention of work and her research.[break][break]

"yeah! i'd love that."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 1:06:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ she flushes at the thought. more teaching... when will she learn? better yet, when will he grow tired of teaching her and leave her to fend for herself? perhaps never, given his dedication to the matter. and she opens her mouth to thank him once again but words clog up at the dip of his head. huh, are his ears red?

[break][break]

"you know," she starts, lips spreading into a teasing grin. "now that we know you're amazing, you're gonna have a hard time escaping." she can't exactly speak for but she's certain the sentiment is the same: james is a very welcome addition to their ranks and he'll be taken from them over their dead bodies.

[break][break]

she glances down at the papers in hand. dimensional rifts, unowns, primal energy, and a genetic analysis of mew's hair. somehow... her old research died out with her past self. it'll be nice to dip her toes back into it, she hopes. "perfect!" she's excited now. and her movement is a little more rushed, as if she wants to rid herself of cleaning to focus on actual work. "i haven't been able to do much with it, yet, but maybe we can make some more progress today."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 15:42:48 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

if only he had his cap to hide under. he knew it was a mistake to leave home without it.[break][break]

"yeah? i hope you'll remember that during my performance review."[break][break]

because he desperately needs that raise.[break][break]

he pauses for a moment to look at her, equally excited and worried he's stepping over boundaries.[break][break]

"oh! are you sure i'm not pulling you away? you know, from what you were doing before i barged in."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 0:57:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ a tinkering laugh escapes, a bird's soft song bleeding into the room. and maybe, just maybe, she forgot that performance reviews are a thing. she absolutely wouldn't have remembered if he didn't remind her either... oops. worst boss?

[break][break]

"i will, don't worry," she chimes. a hand waves idly in the air for emphasis, as if dispelling his raise worry is as easy as a motion. it isn't, not necessarily, but he'll be fine. she's certain of it.

[break][break]

his stare is met with a curious look. what was she doing before, actually?

[break][break]

oh! right, she was looking for something... maybe? god, she can't remember now. no matter, this takes priority. her smile widens and she's nodding, patting a stack of papers into a neater order. "positive!" the papers are scooped up and taken to their designated spot. thank god for his sticky notes. "besides, this will be more fun than staring at papers." anything would be but something about stepping back into her element ignites her bones. "i can show you how i like to do dna samples too, if you'd like!" she makes it sound like some fancy party trick. and maybe it is... or not.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ hehe

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 4:44:41 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

that's his raise secured, then.[break][break]

"yes, yes, yes!"[break][break]

he's smiling, beaming at being able to learn directly from her and to study her work, both old and new. he's already read a few of her papers but it'll be good to learn more.[break][break]

"you have me for the day so go wild."[break][break]

after depositing a stack of paper into a drawer, he turns, approaches her desk, and sits.[break][break]

"where should we start?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2022 0:04:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his raise... depends on how much they get done.

jk, he'll get the raise he wants. she'll submit the paperwork before she finally leaves for the day.

"go wild?"

she smirks.

"say less..."

he sits and she clasps her hands together in front of her, an expectant look rising.

"would you like to try your hand at sample collection?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

jamie
he/him
twenty-four
june 6th
ever grande
bisexual
aeos scientist
grad student
wolfy boy
dating
121 height
121 height
awards
493 posts
JAMES BAKER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @james
JAMES BAKER
DR. REYES
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2022 15:33:58 GMT
JAMES BAKER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

even with the raise, it still won't be enough to make him stay. but that's something they'll have to explore at a later date.[break][break]

for now, he's more than happy to learn from one of the league's best.[break][break]

"i would, yes."