toppa

El Guero
He/Him
august 15
paldea
straight
businessman
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2 posts
Lionel Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa2
Lionel Miro
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 16:02:02 GMT
Lionel Miro Avatar
The steam from his cup of coffee condensed against Lionel's silver trimmed glasses. It was a nice contrast to the chilly, brine air that Hoenn always brought along with it. Aside from the caustic echo that left a sizeable imprint on his memories as he breathed, the nostalgia was pleasant.

Ever Grande was not as populous as Slateport, the streets were wide and spaced out. The hum of the crowd was pleasant, rather than oppressive. Here, in between the Pokemon League's headquarters and the shopping and residential blocks, were a myriad of restaurants, cafes, boutiques, spaced between stories of newly made apartments. By the corner of one cafe, seated a man with a large, fit frame, clean blonde hair and a slight hint of age showing in between his eyelids. Cleanly shaven, in a white polo shirt and stretch jeans, Lionel patiently awaited his lunch partner.

Having only returned to Hoenn a few days ago, he had asked Dahlia to catch up with him with current events, but more so it was just a nice opportunity to be in good company again. Lionel quietly watched the crowd in between the moments of silence with his phone, patiently awaiting someone he hadn't seen in a while, who nevertheless had helped him out by virtue of being closer with Melody than he could be.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 6:01:14 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
ever so often, dahlia affords some time for herself. hoenn's spring brings the sweetest heat. just enough to stamp the skin, but cool enough to keep the sun from lingering.

despite the region's relative calm—though some may argue otherwise due to the impending meteroid impact—dahlia allows the schedule to open for 's father.

sunglasses obscure her face, but her blonde curls betray her immediately. she waves. thin hand a fanciful flag among the crowd.

"mr. miro!" she says after passing through the gauntlet of filled seats. setting her purse's strap on the chair's rest, dahlia is quick to unfold her glasses from her face. "welcome back to hoenn. here on business? pleasure? family?"

close tab

played by

toppa

El Guero
He/Him
august 15
paldea
straight
businessman
civilian
awards
2 posts
Lionel Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa2
Lionel Miro
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 7:20:49 GMT
Lionel Miro Avatar
At the sight of the commissioner's hand waving in the distance, clad in her balck glasses, Lionel returned one, raising a hand in th air and waving a watch-bearing hand in the air, alongside a brief smile.

"Hey Dahlia, glad you could make it." he replied. Though he winced slightly when she called him Mr. Miro, "Oh... Lionel is fine, or Leo, if you prefer. Mr. Miro makes me feel like I'm some kind of boomer. I like to think that I'm 'hip'." Lionel smiled, then moved to helped to move the plants the plants and candles from the seat so that they'd have more space for the purse.

"I know you're busy, so thanks for your time in joining me." Lionel relaxed into his seat, placing away his phone into his pocket and glanced towards the Commissioner. Years of service to the League had definitely darkened the rings in her eyes, though it seemed it did not take off the edge that made her the optimistic and cordial force that put her in that position in the first place.

"It's for business," he replied, as his eyes moved briefly towards the crowd before turning his attention back to Dahlia, "But what I really do want is time to spend some time with my daughter." Lionel paused, concern briefly flashed in his eyes. "I hear Melody's become one of the Elite Four, and a gym leader beside." The businessman unconsciously smiled, though it was a wisp, there was some degree of pride in his voice. "It's a strange feeling as a parent, I'm happy for her, and also can't get it out of my head that she's a fully independent and grown woman now."

Lionel paused to take a sip of his coffee. "I wanted to catch up with you to see how you're doing, and if you needed any help."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 18:25:59 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
boomer. hip. dahlia wonders how much daughterly embarrassment receives on a regular basis. not to say that she would be immune. despite her youth, the political sphere ages her and secludes her. there is little commonality between her and the young- and such was and is the truth since her childhood.

dahlia takes a sip. allows bitter coffee to divide her palate.

"she's done quite a bit that ." the commissioner says. "hosted a party for the league at new years. as for help,"

she leans back in her chair. the invisible lines of her posture slack within her sleek blazer.

"we're doing the best we can, leo. your ears may already be ringing with the news, but a meteoroid is coming to 'viist' in few months time- but it's nothing we can't deal with."

close tab

played by

toppa

El Guero
He/Him
august 15
paldea
straight
businessman
civilian
awards
2 posts
Lionel Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa2
Lionel Miro
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 6:09:04 GMT
Lionel Miro Avatar
A meteor? "Oh... I see." A grimace forms on his face, "I haven't actually... it sounds terrifying." Perhaps he had been more or less inundated with his own little world in his head that he was unable to see the actual problems facing the country. But at the same time, if there were to be a meteor impact, he could help in some regard. This was what Dahlia was handling on a daily basis, it seems, "It's rather foolish of me to take up some of your time then, if that could be used to ameliorate this problem."

He pursed his lips. The Elite Four and the Gym Leaders would be expected to face this situation head on. "But if you need help at all, let me know: if you may need help with reconstruction, tlaking with others, or if you just want to have someone to vent your problems to. I'd rather my family and friends not die in a worldbreaking meteor collision." He paused momentarily, "Would you prefer we continue this conversation to your next destination?" Given that he understood the value of time, he'd rather not have this meeting cut into her next one.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 0:52:49 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
dahlia shakes her head at the notion of stolen time. regardless, there is little freedom from the pendulum of hoenn's dramas. if not, the world's.

if the commissioner were to be chained to that swinging weight, depending on the stage of its arc, dahlia can find time to make distance before being pulled back.

"even i need breaks." dahlia says. "after all, i'm no expert in the particulars of that science. we have a tentative plan in place, thankfully."

a breath leaves her. almost like cigarette smoke.

"we can stay here. i'm invested in you and your family— and subsequently, in a future for all of us."

dahlia takes a sip.

"is there anything you need, however?" she looks at lionel, curiosity lined with the briefest chill of analysis.

close tab

played by

toppa

El Guero
He/Him
august 15
paldea
straight
businessman
civilian
awards
2 posts
Lionel Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa2
Lionel Miro
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 8:23:11 GMT
Lionel Miro Avatar
Lionel nodded in response. "A difficult skill to learn and master, in my opinion." He himself was a worrier, and he disliked having to split his time apart from any problem. It was an incessant need to optimize every variable, look after every project, put out every fire. "It's something young Fernando and you know well."

But yes, she had struck the heart of the matter. He was not just here on a social call, to say hello and talk about the coffee and have a walk across the park with a gorgeous woman. Though that was something he'd like, that was not part the whole reason he had asked her here. "I do." He admitted, staring down into his now nearly drained coffee cup. His ability to take sips between nervousness was no longer there. His well constructed gentle facsimile of a smile, honed over thousands of meet-and-greets and political endeavors, turned grim, and he looked much older than he did before, or perhaps, just looked his age.

"Something is wrong with Melody." He spoke, beginning slow, and found the words difficult to reach out. "I don't know what happened to her. And I don't know why she became like this, but she was never this wholly--" Happy. Lionel realized how absolutely absurd it sounded. "Without negative emotion." His eyes turned towards the commissioner, "I see it sometimes, the way she almost reaches the edge of some kind of unhappiness in her face, and then she snaps, and forgets the feeling almost entirely, as if it never occurred in the first place." A grim line pursed against his lips.

"I need to know if something happened to her, Dahlia. I am worried, deathly worried, that this... becoming gym leader, becoming elite four, turning into a global pop star, this is not all just some sick, twisted mind game being forced upon her by someone or something." His wife, but it was impossible to say that to someone he had barely known. Even admitting this much was prone to severe criticism. Who would believe it, in any case? But he was good with people, for the most part. And something was painfully wrong. "Do you know if there's anything that happened to her before?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 6:38:20 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
as lionel divulges, the commissioner feels her lips giving weigh to a frown. in grams. in increments. as if each violin string of her smile were being plucked off its fine tuner.

she's sympathetic. if not entirely apologetic in face. the commissioner wonders how much of 's traumas bear her name; a figurehead bears all responsibility with omniscience and ignorance all at once.

"she had gone missing before sootopolis' takeover." dahlia says, voice rendered rough by the brine of memory. "presumably rocket involvement. we're glad she's safe and sound and yet..."

her shoes shift in toward each other below the table.

"perhaps, she hasn't had time to properly rest."

close tab

played by

toppa

El Guero
He/Him
august 15
paldea
straight
businessman
civilian
awards
2 posts
Lionel Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa2
Lionel Miro
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 4:09:34 GMT
Lionel Miro Avatar
There is a slight rattle in his breath as he exhales. When Dahlia spoke, his blood went cold, a spike of cortisol rushes into his spine and spreads into every limb of his body, freezing him for just a moment. But it was only for a moment, he regains his composure soon after, as he raises his arm up to order another cup of coffee.

And yet.

Dahlia's face is professional, but her voice is out of tune. It switches back as she completes her sentence and returns to her normal self, non-chalant, stoic. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? Lionel considered it, briefly. It was possible, perhaps Melody was an excellent actor, and he knew he had blinders for people he cared for. But the way Dahlia spoke somewhat betrayed she suspected more occurring.

"Dahlia," He began, his voice is relaxed, but fear seeps behind it, insidiously shaking his timbre in between its smooth composition. "Please tell me, is there anything else you know, or even suspect?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 5:38:44 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"when melody reappeared, everything seemed fine." the commissioner speaks like a palette knife. painting a scene, an assumption across coarse canvas with richly loaded strokes. "but recent happenings, i believe, suggest otherwise."[break][break]

the words remain in the air, sculptural and peaking. betwixt them, she sees .[break][break]

"she had passed out recently. while performing league duties." dahlia says. "defending against team rocket, specifically."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-stoutland"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

El Guero
He/Him
august 15
paldea
straight
businessman
civilian
awards
2 posts
Lionel Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa2
Lionel Miro
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 5:23:48 GMT
Lionel Miro Avatar
"I see." He replied, cold anger ran underneath his normal veneer, untraceable save that he focused his gaze on his coffee cup to not expel its acidic contents to everyone nearby. "Dahlia, I would like the League's assistance in helping me perhaps find the culprit of this situation. If not, perhaps at least you would understandably look the other way, should I search for the culprit myself." He paused.

"In the meantime... while she is an Elite four of her own volition and therefore under your employment, can I ask that you discourage her from any excessively dangerous situations. While she's a masterful trainer in her own right, I can't help but worry." Perhaps that was not a sufficient ansdwer. "A good coach knows when to rest their star players, a good trainer knows when to recall their Pokemon when the injuries they deem are excessive... I hope that is a good enough analogy."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
600 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 5:50:13 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i can make no promises."[break][break]

and yet, dahlia's tone does not match the glint in her eyes. with the irony of her unmoving stare, she allows lionel to pursue his fatherly instincts.[break][break]

"but we can investigate and assist." she says.[break][break]

the analogy is apt; however, she worries that the field of excessive danger has already been trespassed. it is more of a quagmire, she supposes. one that has had its murky waters seep into melody's mind.[break][break]

"lionel, i must confess. i worry that she has been infected by nihilego toxins." dahlia says quietly. "i would know."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-stoutland"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#e2a378; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Jamais Vu
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 23:10:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: