snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 1:07:50 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ he'll find her in her usual office, papers scattered on multiple surfaces. and like clockwork, she's sorting through them to find something specific. a plethora of ongoing projects spells clutter for her workspace.

[break][break]

she doesn't notice when he enters. no, she's too distracted, too absorbed in her hunt. this is a common occurrence, this hunt. if she didn't know better, she'd almost assume that the papers are simply growing legs and walking off...

[break][break]

"come on," she grumbles, irritation bleeding into her body. her nose scrunches as she scrutinizes paper after paper. and only after another not-relevant paper does she finally lift her head. a second passes, eyes widen, and she gasps.

[break][break]

"uh, hi," she squeaks. color paints her cheeks and she's stilling from reaching for another paper. "i'm sorry, i didn't hear you come in."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]
other ❥ show me the device pls sir

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".illie"]width:499px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/HV7nR2D/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie"]--accent:#b5493c; --accent2:#E37474 ;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xsc2s88/image.png); height:410px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top2"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1MvJLjz/image.png); height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .main"]margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox"]font:11px arial; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox b"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent2); font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .banner"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn"]text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); display: inline-block; vertical-align: bottom; -webkit-transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); -webkit-transition-duration: 0.3s; transition-duration: 0.3s; -webkit-transition-property: transform; transition-property: transform; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-out; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; -webkit-transform: translateY(-8px); transform: translateY(-8px); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:10px 0px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono'; min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc b"]text-transform:uppercase; font:11px poppins; letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc .icon"]float:left; width:80px; margin-right:25px; margin-bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; box-shadow:3px 3px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/L537Gg6/image.png); height:105px; margin-top:-70px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 7:56:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

EVERY ADVENTURE into the league’s science department ends with the same back and forth. there’s a desk filled with papers, petals of unrealized discoveries scattered about in a whirlwind of never ending work. the room still reeks of her scent—not here and now but in the memories that waft in memories of colleague old and current.

eyes zero in on the skid marks left behind by an unintentional shift of the desk. the stains of spilt liquid, an experiment off the books—more personal than obligatory—leave no signs. there’s no doubt that she saw to it being scraped from existence, both in shame and panicked fear.

at ease, reyes.

he’s ‘on the clock’ so his face carries the duties of someone at work. they spare her no affection when her summon hedged on being professional. instead, they wait for the attention she allegedly sought.

you called?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 20:21:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ oh! right, yes, she did call. oops, must've slipped her mind somewhere between the mess and the overthinking. the color bleeding into her skin shifts beneath fluorescent lights. pink to peach to red. she blames it on the steadily climbing temperature in the room, on the heating system still being kept on auto.

[break][break]

"right, yeah," she mumbles. and without hesitation, she's waving him over absentmindedly. attention shifts back to papers. she swears she just saw the one pertaining to his presence... where did it go? stupid papers and their stupid legs.

[break][break]

she asks a question or two as she searches, thumbing through papers and only wincing once or twice over papercuts. "i wanted to pick your brain on unowns if you have some time?" her hands still, eyes drag up toward his face, a smile flashes, and she dives back into the hunt. "originally, i was only interested in their possible ability to open up dimensional portals but, well, then i heard there's been an uptick of interest in them as of late. any idea why?" it seems like small talk, really, but there's a purpose behind the way she presents the question.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".illie"]width:499px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/HV7nR2D/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xsc2s88/image.png); height:410px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .top2"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1MvJLjz/image.png); height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox"]font:11px arial; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .textbox b"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent2); font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .banner"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img"]filter:grayscale(100%); display: inline-block; vertical-align: bottom; -webkit-transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); transform: perspective(1px) translateZ(0); -webkit-transition-duration: 0.3s; transition-duration: 0.3s; -webkit-transition-property: transform; transition-property: transform; -webkit-transition-timing-function: ease-out; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; -webkit-transform: translateY(-8px); transform: translateY(-8px); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:10px 0px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono'; min-height:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc b"]text-transform:uppercase; font:11px poppins; letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent2);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .ooc .icon"]float:left; width:80px; margin-right:25px; margin-bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; box-shadow:3px 3px var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".illie .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/L537Gg6/image.png); height:105px; margin-top:-70px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 8:13:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

FERNANDO DRAWS NEAR but keeps distance from the edge of her desk. the flurry of papers serve as a buffer, threatening to scatter to the winds should someone’s sifting grow reckless in frustration.

indeed.

eye contact glimmers for only a second—she’ll find no solace here, only the same discerning eyes that haunt league halls, for better or worse. the same look he bears down on her when her attention drifts back to her papers.

they’ve become the latest scavenger hunt for trainers who’ve managed to get ahold of an unown dex.

he pulls out the phone he’s installed the mysterious application onto. it’s by no means his main phone but with its growing relevance, it’s escalated well beyond burner.

every time you scan one, a new word pops up. no one knows why or for what.

he lays it on one of the few empty freckles still unblemished on her desk.

i mentioned it during our expedition in november.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 23:18:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ the paper in question finally reveals itself as his phone finds its way to an empty slot on her desk. and her head turns, a quizzical look meeting his eyes. "an unown dex?" she echoes. who made such a thing? and... how did she not know about it?

[break][break]

she shifts to extend the paper to him. somehow, her eyes keep dropping to stare down at his phone. is it an app or something? curiosity burns at her skin, scratching beneath the surface and begging to be unleashed. and she can't help herself when she finally picks up his phone to bring it closer to her eyes.

[break][break]

"you just scan it?" something feels... weird about the whole thing. she thinks back to the group text he sent mere months ago, back to the star soiree and the disappearance of moltres. and without hesitation, she asks another question. "how do you know it's safe to use?"

[break][break]

the mention of aqua makes her posture tense, stiff, uncomfortable. she tries to roll it off her shoulders but it snags on fresh scars and digs in.

[break][break]

"is there a way to transfer it?" her eyes drift away from the device to find his. and there, they linger. her lips twist upward into a smile and it's warmer than usual, deviating from the professionalism he clings to. "i want to test it if possible."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 9:42:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

“WE DON’T.”

there’s no way around it. despite what others may think, none of it prove conclusive. it’s the same sentiment he passed through —that it’s out of their control.

for no matter how sinister the application’s purpose may be, there will always be someone to fill it. even now, the list of words exceeds expectations. more than a couple dozen fill the report.

and there isn’t.

the usb sits in a private lab at silph co. attempts at moving it to another device have all but failed. the most he can do is reimage his phone onto a new device but that means there’s always only one instance.

further attempts to decipher it have resulted in failure.

there’s no options for it.

there’s no smile to meet her. he lacks his traditional scowl but that’s where it rests—neutral.

unless you mean testing the scan.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 21:42:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ she hums at the thought. a random device used region wide by trainers who don't quite know what its origins are... it gives her a bad feeling, as if there's something lurking beneath the depths behind funky app layouts and the scanning function. her skin crawls slightly, ignited by paranoia and left to simmer.

[break][break]

and yet, she still wants to use it for herself. the need to understand, the need to learn... it's too overwhelming for her logic to hold firm.

[break][break]

"could you put it on my phone by any chance?" she finally murmurs after a moment. and his phone is extended back out, returning to its rightful owner. she'd prefer to study it a little further but somehow, she knows he wouldn't let her hold this phone hostage. better to... find a solution to the transfer issue.

[break][break]

a nod follows before she's fiddling with her belt, tugging a pokeball loose. "i have an unown that could be scanned."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 7:37:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

“IT ONLY INSTALLS ONCE,” he states firmly. the MYSTERIOUS DEVICE, the actual usb, sits somewhere in his laboratory. but even that has been rendered inert after the unown application was successfully installed onto his burner.

the technology exceeds what we’re capable of. we cannot copy or crack it. the only way to get a copy is to find an unused installation device.

he leaves the phone flat in his open palm. the application opens under the touch of his thumb.

feel free to use it if you’d like.

the app itself seems quite straight forward. despite fernando’s explanation, it seems to function like something from their word. there’s only two options: to scan a pokemon and to open up the documented ‘UNOWN REPORT’.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 3:02:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ he provides insight, knowledge, and she's plucking it up with greedy fingers. and she stops for a moment to consider, to chew on the words. it's something beyond the current reaches? hmm... odd.

[break][break]

"are you saying it's futuristic in concept, then?" not of this realm, surely, but technology is all similar in the way it works. for this to be outside the possibilities they know... well, that's a terrifying thought.

[break][break]

his phone is left on the table and her head snaps up to find his. realization dawns, lacking the pretty colors morning light brings.

[break][break]

"are you sure?" comes like second nature. and she flushes slightly at the statement. he's always sure, isn't he? fernando doesn't do anything without thinking of moves two spaces ahead of the pieces. she nods, then, and shifts to call her unown out. the odd letter chitters awkwardly upon arrival and buzzes close to her shoulders.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON May 5, 2022 8:06:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

“AS FAR AS WE CAN TELL,” is the only credible answer he can return. anything else is just guesswork that has yet to be confirmed.

what’s one more among the couple of dozen?

a lack of control leaves him apathetic against their plight. on paper, using the MYSTERIOUS DEVICE draws suspicion. it’s the last thing they should be tinkering with. yet, those who also have the device continue to do so with no regard for what that may entail.

ultimately, it is better to conform to an unown than stand alone in taking the corrective course. at least, that’s how game theory plays out.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 19:16:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ futuristic as far as they can tell... curiosity settles in between question marks. pages of notes in the mind are left mostly blank. the itch to fill those blank spaces with confirmation, with certainty, rears its ugly head and burrows underneath her skin.

[break][break]

there's, unfortunately, no scientific breakthrough to be had here. a shame... it'd be kind of fun to crack the code.

[break][break]

she sends out her unown n and it chitters incessantly with anxious life. its single eye blinks rapidly as if trying to clear its vision. somehow... she isn't sure if its a habit or if it truly works. "one more," she echoes. it won't break the world... on the contrary, it's insignificant to the current happenings in a way.

[break][break]

with the device in one hand and a guiding palm rising to hold the unown still, she uses fernando's mysterious device to scan the chattering letter. and when it beeps, registering the pokemon, she goes quiet and watches the screen begin to change.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 21:52:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

MOMENTS LATER the mysterious device app blips with a notification. the unown report has been updated with her entry. it reads a single word.

N A D I R

"nahdeer?” he mispronounces, unfamiliar with a word that sees seldom use.

that he can look up later. more importantly, this gives illeana a good look at how the MYSTERIOUS DEVICE works. nothing too impressive but ominous nonetheless.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 23:33:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ it beeps. eyes widen. and for a moment, she simply... stares down at the screen.

[break][break]

nadir.

[break][break]

huh. it's odd, the way it simply fills the phone with a single word. and without hesitation, she's pulling out her own phone to plug the word into a search engine. unfortunately, she's not familiar with the actual meaning but soon enough, that also lights up her screen.

[break][break]

"uh," she starts. a blink follows before she continues. "the lowest possible point of a person or organization? or, um, the point directly below the observer?"

[break][break]

and then, a soft sigh puffed out. it flutters her bangs, pale hair tickling the nose. she scrunches her nose a second after.

[break][break]

"is that all it does?" ominous but... she almost wishes it did more. maybe she should try again? there's another unown in her collection, a second blinking eye. ah but is it only one scan a day? "can you do multiple?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,770 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
headspace
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 23:41:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

HEADSPACE

MISPLACED AND MISUSED

FERNANDO HAS NO QUALMS with being a busy body. as illeana searches up the words meaning, he watches over her shoulder. squinted eyes read the definition on his own as he puts together the word’s connection.

it beep when others scan their unown as well. the dictionary is shared, as far as i can tell,” he elaborates.

when she asks him a follow up question, he merely shrugs.

not sure. unown are hard to come by. i’ve never had two new ones on me.

she still has his phone and he doesn’t move to stop her.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
headspace
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2022 0:00:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top2"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

+ hm... it beeps when others scan their unown, too? curious and curiouser.

[break][break]

her head turns to find him. the look is curious, almost greedy... as if she needs to know more and more or it'll bleed the life out of her.

[break][break]

"really?" it makes sense, truthfully. she had been lucky to find one unown, let alone the second one. and after a moment of staring at him, deliberating, she flashes a smile and pockets her phone.

[break][break]

with his phone grasped in one hand, she moves the free one to her belt and taps for another pokeball. one blinking letter becomes two. the letters don't spell anything out. no, they exist as parts of a puzzle she's stringing together. c and n... the beginning and end of creation.

[break][break]

"let's test it," is all that escapes before she's aiming fernando's mysterious device at her unown c. faintly, like a prayer sent to gods she's killing herself to find... she asks for a sign.

[break][break]

and it's a hopeful look that drops down to the screen, hoping and praying to see creation.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","icon"]

tagged ❥ [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]