11 posts
August Walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 0:16:43 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
It's when the cane first starts sinking into the damp ground that August realizes he may have fucked up.[break][break]

Like, a little. [break][break]

Route 101 was infamous for having docile pokemon, which was great, because he really needed to catch one or four but didn't actually own one to begin with- but like, it had rained a few days ago and the natural shade sorta kept a lot of the water from evaporating. [break][break]

He stumbled forward slightly over nothing in particular. Cold nerves raced up and down his right leg with a painful caress and a vibrant swear that'd make most moms slap him on principle. [break][break]

If someone challenged him to a battle, he was going to crack them across the skull with his cane. Holy shit. He gently pulled the object out of the mud with a squelch. Eugh. Re-affirming his left-handed grip, August made the tactical decision to test the ground before putting his weight forward.[break][break]

This might have been a tactical error. Squelch. "Fuck."
⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@jihoon

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 1:07:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

TRUE NORTH

Even military cadets get downtime but in Hoon's words, aint no one better at finding ways to make you bust your ass 24/7 than my superiors. He liked some of the guys, he was just a bit exaggerative, makes him feel better about moments like this, quiet walks in a quaint little route. 

Today he was here with Aipom, the second pokemon he caught, who only recently came around to being out of his ball without being a handful. He enjoyed running on some soft muddy ground, but just a stroll was good enough for today. On top of that, he had a little stash of fruit he was trying to find the perfect spot to chow down and doze off.

Hoon was a big believer in keeping his nose out of other people's business, he didn't like to intrude or make people feel uncomfortable, but he couldn't help but wince at seeing a guy about his age with a cane finding less than ideal footholds in the ground. Not too long after, the inevitable happened.

Hoon squatted down, getting there a couple seconds later after a brisk run of a few steps. A light chuckle followed by "Happens to the best of us, lets get you up eh?", from one side Hoon pulled, Aipom pulled from the other. Aipom's tail offered up the cane to August. "We all good? Anything worse than a couple stains?" Hoon smirked, flicking some mud off the man's shoulder. 

close tab

played by

quixotic

N/A
he/him
May 1st
Sunyshore, Sinnoh
Yes
Aspiring Trainer
Civilian
I can't see the rationality; the world's not my responsibility
awards
11 posts
August Walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 23:05:56 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
A vicious slap was directed Hoon's way with a near-poisonous scowl. [break]

"Fuck off! I don't get off on manhandling you, huh?" his muscles tensed with every moment of unwanted contact. "See the cane and think I can't kick your ass, swear to Dialga I'm gonna-" he turned around. The dude was roughly his age, and could probably snap his spine over his knee. Ouch. [break]
Plus, he probably didn't mean to... y'know. He grumbled to himself, wiping the mud-stained aluminum object on a pant cuff. "Just... Don't go grabbin' people, yeah? Yeah." 100 to 0 in two seconds. He turned down to the aipom. "You too," he scratched his nose. "'least ask first."

@jihoon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 14:53:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

TRUE NORTH

It didn't really occur to Hoon how emasculating that must've been, and the slap made the lightbulb over his head light up. "Woah, ey, yeah, my bad, I'm a physical guy, forget touchy-feely isn't everyones cup of tea, my fault." Hoon'd clasp his own hands together and bow his head a little to accompany this, an apologetic gesture.

Hoon paused for a minute, a silence stretched a moment too long while he thought about what to do or say next. His lips that had found themselves pursed came undone, "I'm in the wrong here, my fault, so lemme make it up to you, what can I do or give to you pro-bono right now?"

close tab

played by

quixotic

N/A
he/him
May 1st
Sunyshore, Sinnoh
Yes
Aspiring Trainer
Civilian
awards
11 posts
August Walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 22:19:14 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
The stranger's goodwill wouldn't be lost- or wasted- on August. [break]
He raised a hand to his chin, as if stroking stubble that wasn't actually present. "Well, I was intending to catch a pokemon around here- heard they're pretty docile down by Littleroot." a pause. "I'll consider us even if you help me find one that's easy to wrangle." he tapped the cane against his boot for emphasis. He blinked with a soft hum. "The name's August. Figure it's easier to call me that than whatever else ya got floating around in there." the aspiring trainer lowered his hand back to his hip. [break]
"Already have pokeballs, so no need to go out of your way, yeah?"

@jihoon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 17:35:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

TRUE NORTH

Hoon sensed a shift in attitude when he put down the offer for a favour, but to him he was just glad he wasn't in the doghouse anymore.

Thankfully what was being asked for wasn't his kidneys, just catching a pokemon in the local area. While Hoon was no pokemon catching expert, he had caught all his own independently, and honestly he didn't see what the big deal was. Maybe it was the vacant stare he had or lack of maliciousness but most pokemon in areas like this seemed pretty buddy-buddy with him.

"Name's Hoon, pleasure to meet ya August" He let off a light smile afterwards.

"You do the picking, me and Aipom here will make sure things don't get too sticky and I can give you a few pointers if you need 'em!"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 5:34:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BOUFFALANT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOUNDPROOF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEGAHORN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] @jihoon

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DEERLING APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAP SIPPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]JUMP KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

quixotic

N/A
he/him
May 1st
Sunyshore, Sinnoh
Yes
Aspiring Trainer
Civilian
awards
11 posts
August Walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @augustwalsh
August Walsh
True North [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 6:22:03 GMT
August Walsh Avatar
Yup, Hoon. Got it. August turned back to the wilderness- evidently, their (his) yelling'd likely startled off most of the wildlife. [break]
...Maybe they should just walk for a bit? A pause. "Do we go off trail, or...?" he scratched his nose, not really waiting for an answer as he followed the designated route path. It wasn't like he made it that far, anyway. [break]
Should Hoon follow, he'd continue walking for about three minutes before the first sign of local fauna showed itself. A small, twitching nose behind a rotten log, coupled with huge brown eyes. [break]
They, uh, didn't have those in Sinnoh. [break]
What was it?[break]
A quick shift of his vision towards Hoon- if he messed this up, he'd never live down the embarrassment. August reached towards his pocket, pulled out a red Pokeball, and lobbed it as hard as he could in the creature's direction. It impacted one of its hindlegs, and disappeared with a flash.[break]
Was... Was that it?

@jihoon [break]
Attempting to catch Deerling~

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
True North [DW]
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 18:44:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]AUGUST CAUGHT THE DEERLING!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAP SIPPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]JUMP KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!