celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 2:12:10 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she's never seen a flower like this before.

it's pretty, sparkly. it reminds her of a jewel and the urge to pluck it from the ground rises a little too strongly. is it... protected, though? endangered species are no joke, man.

she turns, looking for the nearest person to ask. and she finds a blonde man a few feet away, looking otherwise unoccupied.

"hey," she calls. "are these good to take?"

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 21:04:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, hell naw.

Why did the closest sighting have to be right here, out on Mount fucking Pyre?!

Dang it…

This is too much! he thought to himself, paranoia through the damned roof as he made sure to scale the place carefully—there was no way in hell he was going to be snuck up on by the “G” and therefore he had his usual two ‘eyes in the sky’ flying above him as he ventured close to where the strange flowers were sighted.

Just as he got there, another voice caught his attention.

The sight of the glowing flowers, even amidst the gloom, were definitely more than enough to draw attention. He wondered if someone else had already reported these flowers—

“I wouldn’t want to touch them yet,” he remarked.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 21:11:01 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her features quickly fall into a pout.

her hand retracts a moment later, sticky fingers kept away from the crystal stem.

"maaan, really?" it's half whined out, as if it's painful to stare at pretty things and not be able to snatch them. and sometimes, it is.

"are they, like, off limits or something?" it'd make sense, perhaps. there's so many though... surely they wouldn't mind missing one or twelve, right?

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 1:23:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“For now, they’re off-limits,” he continued with a nod.

“Since it’s the first time they’ve been sighted out here, on Mount Pyre of all places—which is known to be the… the h-h-h-haunting… ground for g… yeah, for restless spirits,” he quickly caught himself.

There was no way in hell he was going to say ‘ghost’ out loud because he already had personal experience with the fucking things coming after him—it was like they were attracted to his mere presence!

And the fact that this was Mount Pyre… the ‘land of the dead’ (at least that’s what Alexei called the place), for it to suddenly have something that supposedly had properties that enhanced whatever it touched…

Yeah, have to be careful around there.

“The… the blooms have been spotted in other locations,” he continued, “…with their effect seemingly bringing life and growth to whatever they touch.”

As he was reading what available information there was on the strange phenomena via his PokéGear.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 2:41:27 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]off-limits... the concept, truthfully, has never deterred her before. she sees it as a suggestion, nothing more.

and her grin grows with stammering, with information hidden in stuttered syllables and the hesitant tone rising from his throat. yes... that'll do nicely.

"i'm sure a few ghosts wouldn't mind being rid of these things," she idly comments. her fingers trail up and down the glowing petals of nearby flowers. they clink together for a moment, rigid in the way they sway.

she hums over the explanation, plucking through it until something interests her.

"they grow everywhere, hm?" quite a wide range to protect, isn't it? she sees a plan formulating. if she's thwarted here... well, there's other locations. "how do they ensure all of them aren't disturbed?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:49:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“As it is, Rangers have been dispatched to protect more patches of the flowers where they’ve been sighted in bloom,” he recalled; knowing that his friend was part of the earliest sightings that were spotted when they first appeared.

While he wasn’t going to reveal exactly which locations, well, he’d better call for backup just in case things went south where he was.

Knowing where he was? It was highly likely.

“Samples have already been sent in for further analysis; one of the earliest reports stated that the water sources near where they were first found had given the water itself some strange properties, which are currently under analysis.”

That was as much as what he was allowed to legally share, anyway—and what was publicly available about the flowers.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 17:37:01 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]rangers protecting some simple flowers? they must be important... and the desire to have them grows in response.

she's certain, now, they would fetch quite the price. her hands itch with inaction at the thought.

"are you a ranger?" she questions. her smile begins to bloom, petals sharp as thorns. "have you been sent to guard these?" one person is easier to get rid of than, say, twenty.

she lingers on a particular piece of information, however. strange properties lures her in, raises her curiosity, and threatens one of her nine lives. curiosity did kill the cat, after all.

"what kind of strange properties?"

and satisfaction, after plucking these pretty flowers and hauling them away, brings the cat back.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 17:50:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The good thing about this was—

There were two pairs of eyes in the sky, keeping guard over Alexei; ready to swoop down in at a moment’s notice should shit go south.

(Which was starting to look that way, because this was going to be a one-on-one catfight, if ever.)

“What makes you ask?” he countered, his gaze hardening slightly.

Aha. So his instincts that had been screaming in the back of his mind since earlier were right on the money—this lady, nice as she was…

Potentially had ulterior motives.

“Unfortunately, the properties are still being tested,” he continued. “And that information’s classified.”

Up in the air, the Braviary was already on guard, sharp eagle eyes glowering downward. The Salamence was hovering nearby, the two ‘talking’ in hushed voices.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:02:31 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the million dollar question, asked with a hardened stare.

and why does she ask, hm? perhaps it's better to show him...

a dusk ball opens to breathe life into the form of a pokemon. a shady fox, snickering and snarling, slowly grows to full height behind her. and as it fully stands, she plucks two crystallized flowers from their bed of life. the remaining flowers shudder slightly as the two stolen flowers are replaced beneath her zoroark's illusion ability. it's almost as if she never took them at all...

"a shame that it's classified," she idly remarks, slowly rising to her feet. the procured flowers are kept hidden, her zoroark working to ensure a safe get away. it could fail, that much she knows. "it sounds like such interesting information."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:33:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“That is, how it is, and my hands are tied,” he continued quietly.

However, the Braviary is already on the move—and so is the Salamence; two shadows suddenly swooping down and flanking him on either side.

The sight of the Zoroark has the avian and the draconid on high alert, because who knows what the hell fishy shit is going on—nobody just summons a Pokémon, particularly Zoroark, at that, from out of nowhere.

“Odd, suspicious, why’d you call that Zoroark out, hm?” he went on, stare never leaving the other Pokémon on the field; while the draconid’s maw is already heating up with the beginning of a Flamethrower; the blue-plumed Braviary’s wings ready to flap with the stirrings of a Tailwind.

For once, in his fucking life, he’d have to hold his ground. The flowers looked to be untouched; and he quickly committed her features to memory just in case shit did hit the fan.

Call it paranoia, call it ‘gay instincts’, but there was something going on, and he didn’t like it.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:44:03 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she feigns innocence with a soft gasp and a look of confusion. her, up to no good? absolutely.

"what do you mean?" acting dumb has, unfortunately, gotten her out of too many scenarios to count. she hasn't kept breathing or kept out of prison out of sheer ability alone. no, thieving includes putting on a show. and really, she'd prefer to act her way out of this than get her hands dirty.

"i thought my zoroark might enjoy the flowers too," she offers. the fox grins, stepping forward to stand at her side. the illusion holds strong for now, it seems.

her head tilts, then, to survey their surroundings. she sees no ground reinforcements standing firm behind him. she doesn't trust the sight, however. people are sneaky, that much she knows. her body stays relaxed despite the concept, as if she can weasel her way out of anything.

and sometimes, she can. other times... well, handcuffs aren't as much fun as she thought.

"i'm sorry," she murmurs. it's genuine enough of a sentiment to pass. "are we no longer enjoying each other's company? i could head to another spot if you'd prefer? there are still graves to visit, after all."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:50:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The instincts were still going off like alarm bells in the back of his head, like an incessant, nagging—

“I find it odd you only mentioned that fact now, yet you’ve been around here pretty much the same time I got here,” he went on.

“And besides, if your Pokémon really enjoyed the scenery, wouldn’t you have showed up with them with you right as you got here?”

Aha.

What a time to get a smart mouth, Alexei. What a fucking time!

The Braviary still has his attention pinned on the Zoroark; the Salamence just waiting for the word (or in this case, gesture) to open fire.

That’s real fishy, if you ask me, he added to himself in the back of his mind.

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:58:24 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]a shrug rolls his statements off pale shoulders. he's pointing out holes in her story and she's quickly lying her way through it.

and in a way, it's her favorite game of cat and mouse. which one is she, though?

"you know," she begins, flashing a smile. "zoroark's, unfortunately, have a terrible reputation." the fox beside her mimics a saddened look. the pair are practiced, poised in the art of deception. her zoroark is the best partner for crime she'll ever have, that much is clear.

"i figured it'd be the safest route to not call out my darling little fox until i was certain no one would harm it." one of her hands reaches out to pet the dark fox, fingers shifting to scratch at its chin. the sad look is quickly replaced with an affectionate one. they play the part of loving trainer and pokemon rather well, if she does say so herself. "is that not good enough reason for you, sir?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,044 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 19:36:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It just so happened she was talking with a native Unovan, who indeed was very familiar with the species in question.

“I still can’t shake off that wicked grin your companion has, though,” he remarked quietly. The Salamence had his own growl ready to fire, but a single shake of the head made the draconid back down—for now.

The Braviary still had his beady glare on the Zoroark, though. He was well-aware of how much trouble they were. Especially when the illusions got started.

Sometimes it was too late to check when one had already gotten trapped in an illusion; the species were just that damned good when it came to weaving trickery.

Right then and there, his phone rang.

“One moment,” he continued as he fished out his phone (but still kept his eyes on her as he took the call).

Ah, thank fuck, it was the Rangers.

“Yeah, there’s another sighting out here on Mount Pyre,” he confirmed. “Five minutes? Alright, I’ll wait for you to get here.”

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
the lakes
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 19:48:17 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"don't worry, i understand," she offers sympathetically. and really, she does. the grin of a zoroark is, without question, unnerving just as much as it is her favorite. "sometimes, with terrible people or creatures, their smiles hide a lot." and, perhaps, hers does as well.

with the shake of a head, the threat level drops to a lower class. and with it, her plan's success rate rises.

his phone call adds a soft level of danger to the heist. somehow, she's not worried. in fact, her smile widens. she continues on with the role of innocent bystander just as her zoroark does. the fox rumbles softly with content as she continues to shower it in affection. the illusion holds firm, as long as they linger here even.

"friends of yours?" she questions softly. "i could keep you company until they get here, if you'd like?"

and to solidify the concept, she looks to her zoroark for confirmation as if the fox has other things to do.

"surely our dearly departed friends could wait a little longer for us to visit their graves, right?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights