She/Her
March 06
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Model/Author
Grunt
41 height
41 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cathrine
Cathrine Fisher
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2022 19:58:49 GMT
Cathrine Fisher Avatar

Another caught Pokémon, though unfortunately at the expense of not seeing Cade doing his best whack-a-mole impression. Oh well, the universe giveth and in taketh.

And so they continued. Cade made some inquiries followed by a quick bout of humor. Much appreciated by Cathrine as she gave him a small gentle snicker.

“I am sure I will get those if I stay here long enough.” She replied. “But you are correct. I was born and raised in the Alola Region, to be precise Hau'oli City.” Cathrine calmly explained as she kept an eye out for more danger.

“I must admit. I can’t quite discern your citizenship from appearance alone. But let me try?” She looked thoughtful for a moment taking in his knightly appearance, then said. “I guess that you are from Kalos. So how wrong am I?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
you got me dancing in the dark, hit the lights with a blackout
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2022 8:47:21 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

He'd never been to Alola before. His homeland offered enough sunny beaches and great cuisine as it was, so he'd never really felt a need. Though, at one point in time, he'd been invited to participate in an elite trial of some sort there.

This had been shortly before... the incident.

Shaking off the memories of that time, however, Cade puts on a smile again as he responds. "Only a little wrong," He says, releasing his Honedge from his hand before it chooses to rest in a hover against his back. "I'm from the Paldea region, actually."

Would she recognize him after admitting as much? Not likely. He'd been famous (infamous, even), though he'd learned over the years that his notoriety had mostly kept itself contained within Paldea and Paldean minds. Alolans surely didn't concern themselves with such nasty, foreign business.

Just then, the pair reach the end of the tunnel they'd been walking through and find themselves within a large chamber with various different levels. There are cave paintings on the wall, too. Though, in the dim light, Cade cannot tell what they are just yet.

"Looks like we're here..." Cade remarks, squinting at what appears to be the remains of a campsite on a nearby ledge. Turning to Cathrine, he continues. "Got a light?"

DUO WILD +

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
March 06
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Model/Author
Grunt
41 height
41 height
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cathrine
Cathrine Fisher
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 7:22:35 GMT
Cathrine Fisher Avatar
Paldea, huh?

A mildly surprised look appeared. She had not been there before nor had she actually met anyone from there. But it pleased her to know that they were seemingly pleasant company. Yes, Cade had just become the standard to which she would hold all other Paldean’s.

“I’ve never been to Paldea. But I have considered going there at some point. I have heard some good things about the region.”

And with that, they made their way to the end of the tunnel. Cathrine gazed into the large chamber, or at least she tried but the dim light made it hard. Luckily Gardevoir came to their aid, using the lantern she had carried since they entered this place (and which I had totally not forgotten about) The smooth light spread as much as it possibly could.

But would it be enough?

TAG:
close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 9:53:44 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]i turn to stone [break] when you are gone
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]
[break]

The lantern light reveals a large cave painting against the wall. Surrounded by a myriad of handprints, the art depicts a congregation of ancient Pokémon. Cade recognizes most of them... Mamoswine, Absol, Rapidash, Tauros, and Stantler.[break][break]

The ones that hovered at the fringes of the cave painting, however, he could only surmise about. Though he could vaguely recall a fairy tale or two from his childhood regarding similar entities.[break][break]

Stepping forward, the Paldean places a palm against one of the handprints there. After examining the mysterious Pokémon for a moment longer, he turns over his shoulder to regard . "What do you think? Any idea who those two flying Pokémon are?"[break][break]

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #252A40; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
March 06
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Model/Author
Grunt
41 height
41 height
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cathrine
Cathrine Fisher
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 17:59:17 GMT
Cathrine Fisher Avatar
Cathrine took a moment to gaze upon the cave painting. She recognized most of the Pokémon there. But pondered the probability all the same.

And so did Cade it seemed.

But it seemed he came up short for a moment. She stepped forward taking a better look at the outlying depictions. Having studied enough texts on Pokémon legends she had a pretty good idea about what it could be.

“My best guess would be Lugia and Ho-oh.” She gently circled both Pokémon with a finger as she began to explain. “At least the color and general shape make me think of them.” She paused.

“But I will admit I could be wrong. As far as I know, both are Johto native legends, so I have no idea why there are cave paintings of either here.” She continued turning her attention back to Cade.

TAG:

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 9:52:04 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]i turn to stone [break] when you are gone
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]
[break]

LUGIA and HO-OH? Cade had heard of them long before, vaguely. Though he struggled to remember any of the stories that accompanied each. Their depiction here, in HOENN of all places, indeed seemed strange considering their origin.[break][break]

"Interesting..." He remarks.
[break]

PALDEA, of course, had its own legends and myths. He'd embarked on treasure hunts in search of them before, but had yielded nothing but dead ends and false starts. Now that he was older, however, the man wondered how fruitful such endeavors would be now... and here.[break][break]

His bright blue eye gleams like a sapphire in the dim cave lighting as he sets his attention back onto and smiles. "You seem to have a good reservoir of knowledge regarding legends. Ever meet one before?" He asks.[break][break]

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #252A40; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
March 06
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Model/Author
Grunt
41 height
41 height
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cathrine
Cathrine Fisher
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 14:20:42 GMT
Cathrine Fisher Avatar
It seemed she had caught his attention with her knowledge. She felt his gaze upon her, and continued offering him her attention.

“I am afraid not. Though one day I would like to.” She spoke, a quick glimpse back at the painted Legendary Pokémon. “Perhaps even befriend one if possible.” She commented, returning her gaze to Cade.

“What about?” She offered him his own question in return.

TAG:

close tab

played by

oslo

the one-eyed wolf
he/him
april 1st
montenevera, paldea
bisexual
ANVIL mercenary
grunt
late nights
and love bites
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
248 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 4:09:17 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar
💎
AVATARS. Cade had most certainly heard about them, even before he'd left PALDEA. The phenomena had happened in other parts of the world before— there were legends about it in history, anyway. But, here in HOENN, it seemed more possible than ever. "I saw GROUDON at MT.PYRE," He admits, placing hands on his hips as he regards the mural once more.

"I didn't know what it was when I first saw it, so I attacked it. Just when I was beginning to realize its power wasn't exactly natural, I got pulled away to fight someone else." He adds with a chuckle, turning to the beautiful woman beside him and smiling. "Carajo... lucky I didn't die, right? They say it made the whole continent we're standing on right now. Can you believe that?"

SALT & MINT
DUO-WILD - ICE/GROUND

MADE BY MIZO

close tab

played by

Senpai

She/Her
March 06
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Model/Author
Grunt
41 height
41 height
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cathrine
Cathrine Fisher
SALT & MINT
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 10:09:32 GMT
Cathrine Fisher Avatar
Cade’s tale was fascinating. To have met Groudon in the flesh and survived attacking it. Cade was a stronger trainer than she had at first assumed.

“Very lucky indeed!” She gave him a wide cheeky smile.

“It does sound a bit far-fetched that a single Pokémon could hold such power.” Cathrine began. “But I suppose it’s possible.” She seemed thoughtful for a moment, before deciding not to dwell on it too much.

TAG:

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights