TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 12:51:32 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

TERAVOLT (BAND)

From Bulbapedia, the Free Encyclopedia

Right to Left: Callan Young, Adrian Malcolm, Caesar Blackwood, Ashton Leinfeld

Left to right: Callan Young, Adrian Malcolm, Caesar Blackwood and Ashton Leinfeld

TERAVOLT is a Hoennian Rock Band from Slateport City, founded in 2022 by Guitarist and Lead Vocalist , followed by the signings of Bass Guitarist @sebastien and Drummer .

Their music is primarily post hardcore with various elements of pop-punk, grunge and emo. They are signed to Violet Records.

The band itself was founded by Callan Young after a video with went viral with Callan Young playing a rendition of Melody's hit single Trust Love. Afterwards, Callan received several offers from music labels until he was signed by Violet Records as a solo artist. However, he was dissatisfied that he could not perform the vocals to a concept single, and so he sought out vocal talents across Hoenn before meeting up with and co-founding the band with Adrian Malcolm.

After signing on Adrian Malcolm, TERAVOLT released their debut single Becoming Close to Closure in May 2022, garnering massive stream popularity. Their full-length debut album, FA>FO, was released May 29, 2022.

In August 2022, following significant success of their first album and EP, Callan founded Teravolt Records as an independent label under the Violet Group, to allow the band more flexibility in their choice of studio recordings.

In February 2023, Callan Young purchased the full shares to Teravolt Records, moving them under his own group Teravolt Music & Entertainment

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2022 12:53:50 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

BECOMING CLOSE TO CLOSURE

May 1, 2022

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/970930624544260137/Of_Machines_-_Becoming_Close_to_Closure.mp3[/player]

Becoming Closer to Closure Is the debut single of Hoennian Rock band TERAVOLT. It was released May 2022 under Violet Records.

Callan Young first wrote the song and riffs based on the drug abuse after his first divorce, but found that his electric guitar overpowered his vocals. Young had consigned this song to be a concept until he discovered Malcolm's talents while searching for a Vocalist in the band.

"His voice cuts through my electric guitar, and it brings a raw, destructive feeling to the song while maintaining melody. I think that's more important than people realize, because he has such an amazing voice, I can go all out with my electric guitar without fear of drowning the song."

In terms of musical style, the track is described as pop-punk, alternative metal, and post-hardcore. Teravolt's new album "FA>FO" is scheduled to release between Mid-May to Early June 2022.
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 9:22:43 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

ACID RAIN

May 9, 2022

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/973151478720126996/MASKIL_-_Acid_Rain_Lorn_live_alt._metal_cover.mp3[/player]

Acid Rain is the second single of the Hoennian rock band TERAVOLT for their debut album by the same name. It received high praise by critics and fans for its emotional weight.

Tomas Hardy of Rolling Stone, who had early access to the album release, spoke that the song "hauntingly breaks up the pop-punk, post-hardcore sound of TERAVOLT, and shows it's not just an endeavor to redirect mainstream attention to a 00's rock sound."

Acid Rain is significantly different from the rest of the album, delving into industrial metal, alternative metal and grunge. It features a strong use of synthesizers, droning, heavy metal drums and downbeat guitar riffs.

The song was written by . When asked about the composition and inspiration behind the song, Malcolm said: "It's about my experiences in Hoenn, and pushing through the bad times to find something better. You could argue it's about everyone's recent struggles, really. I think anyone could relate to it, in some way."

TERAVOLT's new album "FA>FO" is scheduled for release between late May and early June 2022.
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 8:05:52 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

FA>FO

From Bulbapedia, the free encyclopedia

TRACK LIST

Note: The music can be loud, turn you volume down to a decent level before clicking play.

01.) Don't Jump The Sharpedo

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980154512679530546/Dont_Jump_The_Shark_Before_You_Save_The_Whale.mp3[/player]
02.) Funny Little Creatures

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980156845299736677/Nothing_More_-_Funny_Little_Creatures_Official_Audio.mp3[/player]
03.) Synergy

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980155605585121340/Dance_Gavin_Dance_-_Synergy_Feat._Rob_Damiani_Official_Music_Video.mp3[/player]
04.) Pain

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980284844108038184/Pain.mp3[/player]
05.) Becoming Closer to Closure

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/970930624544260137/Of_Machines_-_Becoming_Close_to_Closure.mp3[/player]
06.) For Every Life (feat. )

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980286433048805376/For_Every_Life.mp3[/player]
07.) The End Is Where We Begin

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980287617092440124/Thousand_Foot_Krutch__The_End_is_Where_We_Begin_Official_Audio.mp3[/player]
08.) Like a Villain

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980288009918357606/BAD_OMENS_-_Like_A_Villain_Official_Music_Video.mp3[/player]
09.) A Beautiful Lie

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980294032213291078/30_Seconds_to_Mars_-_A_Beautiful_Lie.mp3[/player]
10.) Betrayed By The Game

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/980299636357083196/Betrayed_by_the_Game.mp3[/player]
11.) Acid Rain

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/973151478720126996/MASKIL_-_Acid_Rain_Lorn_live_alt._metal_cover.mp3[/player]

Album Background

Fuck Around, Find Out (Stylized as FA>FO) is the debut studio album by Hoennian rock band Teravolt, released 29 May, 2022, through Violet Records. Recorded at Violet Recordings in Upper Slateport, Hoenn, and co-produced by band members and .

Young describes the album as a "love letter" to mid-late 2000s rock music with a mix of hard rock, post-hardcore, heavy metal, and punk, with experimental influences from funk, avantgarde and math rock. With lyrics dealing with abusive relationships, substance use, isolation, manipulation, and struggles with starting over.

In an interview with Variety, the band commented on the band's writing process for the album. When asked about the inspiration, Adrian replied: "Callan and I, we got together, and we both already had some songs we've been itching to try out, but just couldn't do alone. I think this album is a lot of that backed up talent we've been rolling around in our heads, unable to express it until now. And because of that, there's no one inspiration. We're just trying to get these sounds out of our heads and onto the radio."

Variety then further asked Callan for comments on the album's production and composition: "For me, the goal has always been to showcase talent and give the band the space they need to put their ideas into the album. Whether it's Adrian's vocals, Caesar's bass guitars or Ashton's drumming. It's an All-Star cast, and there should be enough focus in between each songs to showcase that, outside of course having fun with the project."

RECEPTION

Commercial Performance

FA>FO debuted at number 4 on the Kanto Billboard 200, opening with 205,000 album-equivalent units. In its first week, It was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of Unova. In Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, it debuted at no. 1.

Critical Reception

FA>FO was met with generally positive reviews. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from professional publications, the album received an average score of 78, based on 21 reviews.

Tomas Hardy of Rolling Stone praised the album, writing: "While the album is an eclectic clash of subgenres between early 2000s rock, the prodigious talents of frontman Malcolm and lead guitarist Young are capable of carrying the otherwise hard-hitting album into the extraordinary." And that it is a "welcome breath of aggressive fresh air introduced into slowly dwindling rock radios."

Reviewing the album for Pitchfork, Andrew Rakhar believed that, "While the album has a generalized flavor of hard rock, the elements of experimentation with Malcolm's astounding vocals and powetic prowess make the album a strong documentation of a tremendously promising band, still figuring out their voice."

In a more critical assessment, Bill Ruhl found that FA>FO was "A talented entity of four individuals clashing with each other to make one single album, failing to provide any cohesion or identity to its name."

NME critic John Lattner wrote that it was a "good" album that was in need of editing, writing that the album "bounces around between intensely energetic and unbelievably morbid, with very little filter in between".
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 5:10:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

SPLASHFEST! EP

TRACK LIST

SPOTIFY LINK

Release & Reception

SPLASHFEST! is the a Pop-Punk Extended Play Record by Hoennian rock band Teravolt, released 11 August, 2022, through Teravolt Records. It was recorded for Slateport Splashfest 2022 for the purpose of raising funds to help with the recovery of the Sootopolis Darkest Day event.

The EP heavily features pop-punk renditions and sounds in comparison to their full length album FA>FO.

Young explains that the purpose of the two albums were entirely different: "SPLASHFEST is about having fun, playing on stage and making sure people feel good to try and trying to turn the Sootopolis Incident into a distant memory."

SPLASHFEST! debuted at number one on the Kanto Billboard 200, opening with 550,000 album equivalent units. It was met with widespread international acclaim, and debuted at number one in Unova, Galar and Kalos.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 6:49:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

TERAVOLT SIGNS NEW DRUMMER AND BASSIST

Rolling Stone – Music, Film, TV and Political News Coverage

HOENNIAN ROCK BAND TERAVOLT has signed bassist Bas (@sebastien) and drummer Wood () to their band. After a four month auditioning process for the two particular roles, the pair were announced as official members of the group on 21 August, 2022.

The auditioning process for the band's bass guitarist and drummer started prior to their debut album FA>FO. however was unable to find band members that would serve as a suitable fit for the band's eclectic mix of music however, and as a result, the auditioning process was delayed until after the album release. During Splashfest, Young and Malcolm held auditions while simultaneously continuing to perform on the Main Stage.

The signings occurred shortly after Teravolt's appearance on the Main Stage, and a press conference was held with all four members of Teravolt after the official signings occurred. When asked during an interview on the thoughts of being signed, the pair had the following to say:

@sebastien: "I'm psyched, man. Getting signed to Teravolt is a dream come true, y'know? Hyped to see what our combined talent can create. Get f***ing ready Hoenn, we're coming!"

: "I just wanna get into the studio, y'know? get a feel for their politics. Figure out what we'll be playing. If I can get any of my old works in the mix that'd be pretty cool. but yeah, it feels pretty great."

Furthermore, Young and Malcolm had the following to say regarding the signings.

: "We'll be making a new EP soon. I'm really glad about the signings, both Bas and Wood are at the top of their game and bring a new element to Teravolt that wouldn't otherwise exist. Once you hear them, you'll understand."

: "We're really hitting it off with these guys-so I've no doubt we're about to make great things happen. Our next album's bound to be chock full of bangers, and I can't wait for when we give the public a first listen."

Following the mainstream success of Teravolt's FA>FO and SPLASHFEST! EP, the band has hinted on an upcoming single where both Kaine and Blackwood will contribute to the song writing and production process.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 7:19:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

UNIVERSE 820

TRACK LIST

SPOTIFY LINK

Release & Reception

UNIVERSE 820 is a Heavy Metal Extended Play Record by Hoennian rock band Teravolt, released 1 September, 2022, through Teravolt Records.

Unlike their prior EP, SPLASHFEST, UNIVERSE 820 possesses a far darker tone, with more use of screaming, and droning guitar riffs accompanied by heavier usage of bassline and drumming from Teravolt's newest band members, @sebastien and . Recording sessions occurred between the Sootopolis Incident and just after the Splashfest Festival.

Recorded after the events of both Dawn of the Darkest Day and Cyberchase Conundrum, the concept EP explores the feelings of grief and loss at the Sootopolis event, and the inevitability and fear of the oncoming collision of Meteor 99430. It was co-written by all four members of Teravolt.

In an interview with Alternative Press, Young said: "This is a personal album for us. The last few months have been brutal with loss and grief and fear, and I think a lot of people will be able to relate to the subject matter. But I think it was also equally important for us to portray a glimmer of hope in the music, difficult to catch, but still present."

UNIVERSE 820 debuted at number six on the Kanto Billboard 200, opening with 250,000 album equivalent units. Similar to splashfest, it was met with widespread international and critical acclaim, with critics praising the recent additions of @sebastien and to have implemented a heavier, more consistent sound across Teravolt's musical profile, without having it stray from the identity.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2022 8:01:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

HOENN MAGAZINE ISSUE

FROM HOENN, THE REGION'S PREMIER FASHION MAGAZINE

Dear ,

I'm glad that we both did this.

Thank you for everything.

- Callan.
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
TERAVOLT
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 9:39:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

BURN THE RAIN

TRACK LIST

SPOTIFY LINK

BACKGROUND:
"Burn the Rain" is the inaugural solo album by Hoennian musician Callan Young, formerly the lead guitarist, founder, and producer of the now-disbanded rock group, Teravolt. The album was released on June 30, 2023, under the revamped Teravolt Records label, which Young reestablished in his name following the departure of Adrian Malcolm.

The album is framed by Young as a criticism of the perpetual political divides that encircle the continued existence of Hoenn, and his role in being part of it.

"Burn the Rain" was recorded and produced within an intensive two week period. In this compact timeline. Young handled all the album's production duties himself, ensuring his distinct musical vision was fully realised.

The album consists of eight tracks, one of which is a stylistic interlude to the collaborative track "CUDI MONTAGE", which is a departure from the album's hard-rock tracks and delves into Indie R&B and Hip Hop.

"Burn the Rain" presents a blend of genres, weaving together 90's indie rock, grunge, industrial rock, and punk.

"The use of 90's rock is to evoke a nostalgic vibe." Young spoke, during an interview with Pitchfork. "It is comfortable to look into the past, even if the past is difficult, even if your present situation is much better, there is a part of you that clings to the comfort of the sound of your youth, even as the world around you evolves. Even as you evolve yourself."

CRITICAL RECEPTION:
"Burn the Rain" was received with a mixture of acclaim and controversy upon its release, sparking heated debates within the music community.

Critics were largely impressed by Young's songwriting, lauding his ability to bring together a multitude of rock soundscapes and creating a cohesive concept. Young's emphasis on melody and a stripped down guitar sound were often singled out for praise. NME declared, "Young's musical skill and his direct approach to challenging themes underscore 'Burn the Rain' as a key turning point in his artistic career."

Some critics commended Young's audacious approach to these difficult subjects, while others found the themes to be overplayed and tiresome. Critics at Pitchfork noted, "Young's willingness to confront such his personal struggles is commendable, but the repetitive and arguably simplistic portrayal of these concepts occasionally borders on the tedious and juvenile."

Eric Hanson of Rolling Stone writes "Burn the Rain has undoubtedly carved a distinct place in Young's discography. Its capacity to provoke intense discussion underscores Young's role as an artist willing to push the envelope, even while confronting the ghosts of his past."

(OOC: A tribute to Nirvana. I hope everyone has some time to listen to Nevermind and In Utero. They really are incredible albums. Rest in peace Kurt.)
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights