WRITE REPLY

egg toss

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
egg toss
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 13:44:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Delivering eggs to customers was a double-edged sword for a man like Caspian. On one hand, he loved to bring joy to people. One of his goals in life was to make people happy, to make them laugh. He thought he was pretty good at it, given how he entertained the Verdanturf gang.

However...

He was a clutz. These eggs were particularly fragile, and one wrong move could break them. Many would say that Cas was not known for his grace and balance. One misplaced rock in the road could spell havoc and ruin the whole trip.

Well... perhaps his partner could keep him in check.

The lady handing over the eggs was repeating over and over again to Caspian how fragile they were and to be gentle. She seemed particularly skeptical because of his height and his build, muscled and thick from work outs and training.

"Don't worry, ma'am, I got this! I promise, they're going to be just fine!"

Maybe.
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
"Past performance does not guarantee future results," you will whisper to the rising moon.
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
egg toss
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 19:57:47 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

Tianyu had a deliver of his own to make while ensuring positive press for Fennekin Pharmaceuticals; thus, the egg containing a Seviper due to hatch any day is tucked away neatly from sight, covered by a soft towel in the basket he carries on his arm. He walked to the meeting place, a warm smile spared for the volunteer as he and his silver-and-red Fennekin appear from around the bend.

The volunteer smiles sunnily at the sight of Tianyu, though as she glances at the name on her clipboard her expression falters. Without missing a beat he offers, "Chairman Húxiān Tianyu, reporting for duty." The rich baritone of his voice laced with polite amusement as he bows in greeting at the waist to the pair before him.

"Oh, yes!" She pauses briefly, looking from Tianyu to Caspian before chirping, "This is Caspian. You'll be accompanying him for the delivery."

"Very well," Tianyu answers with a smile, his hands moving to immediately relieve Caspian of one of the delicate eggs being juggled about. "Let's put these in the basket, hm?"

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
egg toss
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 2:05:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Caspian looked up from the egg he was inspecting, looking at the long-haired man that had shown up not long after he had. He seemed to be of some importance or something, from what he gathered.

Or the lady thought he was cute. Whatever.

It wasn't like Caspian kept up with important people or businesses in Hoenn. All he cared about was his gang in Verdanturf, getting money for the gang, and well... indulging himself.

Anyway. Cas felt the egg wobble in his hand, causing him to make a weird, stuttering noise as he kept it steady again so it wouldn't fall. He looked back at , smiling sheepishly.

"Sup," he said, waving a hand before scrambling to catch the egg again.

Thank Arceus he took it from him.

"Huh. Nice little basket. That's a smart move..."
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
"Past performance does not guarantee future results," you will whisper to the rising moon.
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
egg toss
POSTED ON May 28, 2022 1:27:07 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

"Good morning, Caspian."
Tianyu drawls in greeting, as if indulging a favourite nephew. He then winks and lightly taps the side of his nose at the assessment of the basket, his head nodding as he agrees, "Best to come prepared when eggs are involved." He adjusts the basket's handle upon the crook of his arm.

Tipping his head down towards the Fennekin trailing his heels, he introduces in a pleasant timbre, "This is Yuze." With his introductions done, he bids the volunteer goodbye and instructs Cas. "Come along, then."

As they begin their journey, Tianyu asks conversationally, "Tell me about yourself."

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
egg toss
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:54:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Caspian almost felt like he was being scolded by Tianyu for being unprepared. But, then again, when was he ever prepared for anything? The exploration in Shoal Cave with came to mind.

Venturing into a freezing area with inadequate clothing... relying on someone else to help him out.

But, of course, he didn't let it bother him. Instead, he chuckled, shrugging as he glanced at the eggs resting in the basket and then to the FENNEKIN introduced to him.

"Yuze. That's not a name I'm familiar with. Neither is yours. You guys come from somewhere fancy?"

And by that definition, he generally meant anywhere not from Hoenn or Kalos. Speaking of...

"Me? Oh, well... how much do you want to know? I'm originally from Kalos. I specialize in ground-types, specifically dual grounds. I currently live in Verdanturf and do odd jobs to get by. You know, just going along with the vibe."
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
egg toss
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2022 3:52:13 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

Far be it for Tianyu to offer parenting to the youth of Hoenn, there is nonetheless a certain paternal nudge with the older man's words. His head tilts in Caspian's direction as he speaks, a deep, amused laugh spilling from his throat at the question posed. Amusement touches his scarlet gaze as he looks over to his companion.

"I'm from Kanto."

Tianyu makes an absent motion to Caspian to continue as he asks how much Tianyu wants to know, his expression pleasant and encouraging for the younger man to speak. He listens attentively, mirth colouring his face as he repeats, "The vibe." He chuckles softly at that, head shaking minutely before he speaks again.

"Kalos is quite enjoyable this time of year. I have fond memories of their cafes and bistros."

"Tell me,"
Tianyu continues conversationally. "Do you enjoy Hoenn? I've found its people quite welcoming so far."

+

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
egg toss
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 15:21:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Kanto. Definitely a place that I'm not familiar with."

Caspian had been there before, but his time there had been short. He had hopped there for a brief pause in his journey, for perhaps a day or two. But the war was ravaging during that time, so he wasn't keen on staying for long.

"Do you miss it?"

He knew that he was asked frequently if he missed Kalos. He wondered if Tianyu would give him a similar answer...

"The food in Kalos was impeccable. But I don't miss the atmosphere."

Caspian shrugged, not wishing to entirely elaborate further as he continued down the path. He looked over at him, considering his question before answering.

"For the most part. I found a group of people who were more than welcoming, after I proved myself to them. And most people are kind enough. But there's something about it here... there's tension everywhere, I feel like..."
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Chairman Húxiān
He/Him/His
October 29
Fuchsia City, Kanto
Homosexual
Pharmaceutial CEO
5 height
5 height
awards
46 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tianyu
Húxiān Tianyu
egg toss
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2022 5:02:08 GMT
Húxiān Tianyu Avatar

"I do," Tianyu admits easily. "It's a shame the Region has come to such instability, but, well.." His voice trails off and he merely smiles as he walks alongside Caspian. Some things were best left unspoken, and the unrest in Kanto certainly tops many a list for silence.
[break]
Humming softly to acknowledge Caspian's following observation, Tianyu says in turn, "They all have their quirks, don't they? This Region has its own problems, like any other, if not a few more than one would expect. Then again, most of my meetings are for business." He chuckles deeply in his chest at that, his scarlet eyes alight with a personal mirth before glancing askance to Caspian. "Though I must say even then I've found the manners lacking. Etiquette doesn't seem to be what it used to."
[break]
"You know," he then muses conversationally. "I cannot recall the last time I toured Kalos. Their food is, as you said, exquisite." Pausing briefly, Tianyu glances at the nearby signs and steers the pair to the right towards the intended destination of the egg. "There used to be a delightful cafe in Lumiose we would visit for macaroons."
[break]
It wouldn't be much longer now.
[break]

+

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights