awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2022 22:41:21 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya walks through an aimless plain. there is no wind here. even her charizard's wings are silent as they pump up and down, covering ground at an alarming pace. and yet they are in a statis. these rolling hills all look the same. until she blinks and they don't. 

taste of dry rot in her mouth. a clandestine beach, glittering red in a sea of blood. she reaches for pink smoke, begs it to fill her lungs, but it snakes just out of her reach, tantalizingly close. 

her gaze drops and she sees their faces - all she's ever loved - looking at her, sunken skin and tattered bones. a scream gathers in her throat and it's expelled

thrashing, gasping into the waking world. 

her breath comes fast, hands flying up to clutch the bottled scale at her neck. the sheets are rumpled, duvet cast to the floor. she looks around wildly at this (un)familiar place. the falinks around her have her reaching for her necklace, but before she can brashly call lyune into a room that will most certainly not fit him, the rest of her wakes up. 

she looks down at herself and blushes, scrambling for sheets when she hears the sound of approach. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
Should I bite my tongue, until blood soaks my shirt?
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 0:36:35 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
pointedly confused, and wildly ignorant of what it means to see her naked, the falinks simply form a half-moon shape around the bed and watch blankly. the commotion stirs king who, with a lazy gait, makes his way into the room. seeing as it was his, he doesn't even bother knocking.

"finally up, eh?" the light that spills in illuminates a shirtless king, skin having a thin sheen of sweat over it. his hair is damp, mouth chewing on... something.

"any longer and 'n i was probably gonna' have ta roll ye up in a carpet and throw you in an alleyway. y'know, just incase."
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 2:49:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the last 72 hours are hazy. it's taking her some time to process why she's in king's bed the way that she is, but when she does she frowns, wishing he weren't here so she could put all the thoughts in her head together alone. she glances off his bare torso as the memories become not so hazy

her mouth is dry. she rolls her tongue, tries to swallow past it. 

"did i...share your bed with you? like this?" she says with a frown, ignoring his joke. 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 6:10:38 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
"the look ye have right now would offend me, if i didn't have one of my previous entanglements actively tryin' ta kill me. though, somehow yer reaction seems more rude." he had, after all, listened to her tale, fed her, let her use his shower, and his only bed. oh, and that didn't even cover the fact her clothing was now bundled and freshly cleaned on the chair in the corner.

he shrugs nevertheless, taking her frown in stride.

"but ta answer yer question, no. i've slept on the couch past few days." his eyes fall from her face, to the sheet that covers her. "y'know, didn't really take ye for the shy type. 'neways, get dressed, stay in bed, shower — whatever ye want. i'm making breakfast and yer welcome ta it."

and without another word, king walks out the door.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 14:55:41 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's always been stronger than her. the one to knock her down when she comes swinging. the one to muzzle her when she's spitting flames, thrashing claws. and still he takes her lashes without bowing, but this isn't the ring. this is a battlefield much more cruel. 

so when he goes, essentially telling her that's what his is hers, she can't help the guilt that crawls up her throat. the door shuts. she doesn't stay long in bed. her muscles ache, but that's more from staying in one place the past couple of days. so she puts her clothes on and does some of her katas. 

in his bathroom, she's reminded of where she fell asleep. damn it. she owes him a lot. everything, really. 

after rinsing her mouth and chasing away the bad breath that comes from two days of nonstop sleep, she splashes her face. her hair is a wild, tangled mess that's going to need a lot more care than she wants. she gathers it up, teething the hair tie on her wrist, and wrangles what she can. 

when she finally looks respectable, she leaves his bedroom to join him in the kitchen. 

"i'm sorry," she says as she goes to his side. "i don't regret coming to you or what we did, if that's what you took from that question." she shifts uncomfortably. "i'm not used to feeling...vulnerable."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 20:43:01 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
despite the air of nonchalance he put on, the question had bothered him. even if it was only a tiny bit. he remembers back to the circumstance that had led to it, and the fragile emotional state that preceded it. his lips form a thin line.

wasn't the first woman to sleep with him to 'get back' at another man. wouldn't be the last, more than likely.

"i get it," he says to her, still focusing on his task at hand, "no one really does. makes people do things they wouldn't otherwise do, ye?" it seemed to be the easiest answer he could come to; the safest.

"don't sweat it right now, just sit 'n get somethin' in yer belly 'fore you pass out again." he the crackle and pop of whatever he's frying sounds off like small fireworks, while the vent from beneath the microwave roared. with his free hand, he gestures to the chair at the island as he prepares to toss food onto plates.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 22:20:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

with a sinking feeling, she realizes he doesn't get it. and how could he? she was telling the truth - feeling vulnerable isn't her strong suit. so to take that next step after and explain to him that while she doesn't regret it, it may not have happened had she not been where she was, but it's not just that.

because she doesn't feel these things for people. even with emma, whom she'd loved, had she only on occasion ever felt sexual desire. because she's never wants that from a person. 

save for that night, save for him. 

"well," she starts, "i can at least promise you it didn't make me want to kill you." a dour attempt at lightening the atmosphere. 

she eyes him as he slides out some plates. "you want to talk about it?"
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 7:16:41 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
her joke forces a bark of laughter from him.

"i'll give ye a buffer period of 9 months 'fore i take that at face value." he says, adding to the joke with his own.

"what's there ta talk about? slept with a woman, she faked 'er death, hid my kid from me for half a decade, 'n now she's tryna kill me." he shrugs, but the the nonchalance is forced; king feeling ever so slightly prickled at the thoughts. even an idiot like would notice that.

he does his best to change the subject.

"how're ye feelin'?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 15:02:42 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

nine months? she furrows her brows, clearly not getting it, until he drops that bomb on her. her hands go to her stomach. he needn't worry - the past few years have not been kind to her body. and after her most recent surgery and the follow-up appointments thereafter, it'd been made clear to her that sideways flings weren't going to disrupt her life in that sense. 

he's clearly troubled, but he's so quick to change the subject that she can't get a word in edgewise. 

"better," she says, "thanks to you."

she doesn't eat her food like a starving wolf this time around. as painstaking as it is, she goes slow, if only to stretch the time to have something to distract them. 

"that pink mist," she says after a bite, "that you saw after punching my face in. it's gone now. completely. and i feel like myself again." she moves around some food on her plate. "i don't know if that's going to make me an enemy to ." she grips the scale. "but i don't know who else to turn to for this."
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 2:49:36 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
he finishes preparing his own plate, then sits down next to her. king leans heavily onto his forearm while forking at the food on his plate, tossing one in like a barbarian. he weighs her words for a moment, before speaking.

"what the hell was up with that 'neways?" the pink mist had caught him off guard when he'd first seen it. it was to the point where he was positive he'd imagined it, had it not shown up time and time again. "how are ye coughin' up pink mist, 'n what does that have ta do with a councilman?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 3:42:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she side-eyes him. "some of tapu fini's power. or, that doesn't feel quite right. it's a madness. i felt...primal. like not quite myself, but all the more whole because of it. tastes were sharper. sounds. touch." she sets her fork down and leans back. 

"and when i didn't have it, all i wanted was more. i looked at him like..." she trails off, nose scrunching, lips twisting. like he was my savior

"i kept coming back for our fights. i kept throwing myself at you. i didn't want to win. i wanted you to help me. and i didn't even know it. king, i'm still putting the pieces together."

she sighs, tries to give him her best wry smile. "sometimes i forget what life was like before all this crazy. when hoenn was normal." 
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 6:33:52 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
the idea that someone's free will was so easily manipulated, and by someone close to her, gave him a sour taste in his mouth. he drops his fork on the mat next to his plate, lips twisting in disgust.

"why would this fucker want ye under his will like that?" connections? sex? some sick desire to manipulate someone just because? he tries to push that to the back of his mind.

"so how much of our interactions - last night excluded - do ye remember?"
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2022 12:52:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his disgust isn't unfounded, but it makes her uncomfortable. she drops her gaze back to her plate, appetite suddenly gone. 

"i went to him willingly. i lost everything. so i asked him for power, with the promise that he'd let me burn." she looks down at her hands. flexes her fingers. "he wants to save hoenn. easier to do that when you can trust the people on your side."

at his next question, her brows furrow. she looks up at him again. "i remember everything. more so than the rest, actually. and i don't know if it's because you knocked some of that out of me or -" she stops suddenly, cheeks flushing, annoyance sparking in the lilt of her lips. 

"regardless, it's less about not remembering and more about my reasonings behind what i did. i felt a compulsion to please him. to protect him. it's why i got shot," she says. that damn tree
close tab

played by

snubis

Wayland
He/Him
Twenty-Eight
March Twenty-First
Vermillion City
Heterosexual
League Turncoat
Eh
awards
1,387 posts
KING WAYLAND DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @king
KING WAYLAND
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 3:32:02 GMT
KING WAYLAND Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","king"]

he reigns back on his own visceral reactions, settling the caged animal inside as it rattles against the bars.
[break][break]
"there's no savin' this hellhole," he whispers out, taking a deep breath quickly to drown it out. king mulls her next statement, pausing to consider the implications. what she described was no different than mind-control and he makes a mental note to bring it up with next time he sees the crazy mother fucker.
[break][break]
"ye, but yer compulsions wouldn't have led ye here considerin' we knocked it clean out of ye. perhaps the compulsion fades with time, or maybe it's weaker er some shit the more will a person has." again - out of his wheel house. but, talking it out might help her.
[break][break]
"saw them, ye. nasty scars that. still, nothing to mine." he bumps her shoulder, grinning, before stabbing at another piece of egg.

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".king"] --accent:#74abb6; [/newclass]

[newclass=".king"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .king blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .king blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".king .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".king .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
linger [c]
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 13:04:39 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she shakes her head. "i can't believe that." her hand goes to the scale once again, squeezing it tightly. "i made a promise i wouldn't give up again." and though she's lost her way, she hasn't yet failed. she can still do right by him. 

she frowns, debating on whether or not to tell him more. i've already thrown my lot in with him. and it feels good to talk about it. 

"well, it did get weaker. i could feel that too. the weaker it was, the more i craved it. i'd ask him to give me more. even after artemis did what she did, i wanted to go back. and it scared me." so i came to you

he bumps her shoulder almost playfully and a weight is lifted from the two of them. "i think we'd be pretty hard-pressed to find someone without any scars. us hoennians are an ugly bunch."

she sets her fork down, shifts a little bit, and then leans over to gently kiss his cheek. and, feeling foolish, draws back, laughing a breathy, nervous laugh. "sorry. i really am a dunce with this sort of thing."