Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 15:14:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"You did call yourself an open book," She laughed, the tension in her features lightening up a tad. It was stressful just sitting there, waiting for a reply. Could it have waited a few more weeks? Sure, but she'd rather speed up the process than being left hanging down the road, confused as all hell. It was a lesson a younger Penelope had learned all too long ago.
[break][break]

When he answered, she smiled, though, the uncertainty of it left her heart tittering.
[break][break]

Maybe. I don't know. It was hard to be vulnerable, to be honest, when those are the words you're given. But, fortunately for both of them, Penelope wasn't the type to run away. Not yet, at least.
[break][break]

"Hm..." She hummed, her head tilting, eyebrows lifting, After a bit of a pause, she continued. "You know, the band that's about to play is actually one of my favorites." Her gaze flicked over to the stage-- loud and proud, the quad of men had already begun strumming their guitars to the beat of an old country tune. "Their sound is so carefree, and it's honestly hard to think of anything else whenever I'm listening to their music, which is...refreshing, to say the least."
[break][break]

Again, another pause. Another swallow.
[break][break]

"Being around you kinda feels like that."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 15:58:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
as strumming of guitars sound in the foreground, cian attempts to find the true meaning behind her words. carefree. somehow, he understands.

the music forces him to have to lean closer to her.

"i feel the same way."

a pause.

"it's kinda like i don't have to pretend to be someone i'm not when i'm with you."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:21:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She leaned in as well, finding trouble hearing his voice over the vibration of sound erupting from the stage.
[break][break]

"it's kinda like i don't have to pretend to be someone i'm not when i'm with you."
[break][break]

Those words meant more than he could probably tell. Pretending, self-expression -- it was a long-lasting battle she had faced since youth. So, whenever they're together, it always felt like a relief. A chance to breathe.
[break][break]

"Mmm..."
Her eyes glanced up at him again, wide and full of interest. "Yeah, I feel the same way, too."
[break][break]

It's funny how often she finds herself repeating his own words. It was also a bit scary.
[break][break]

"Nothing has to happen now," she half-laughed, "or any time soon, but...." Her heart thrummed loudly against her chest, matching the pace of the band's drums, and that of her spinning head. "I do want something serious-- I just want to be upfront about that."
[break][break]

Another day, another selfish choice.
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:30:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
her words do not come as a revelation. the fact that they don't should speak to how much he's come to know and understand her.

"i know...i figured you did."

his leg bounces to the same beat as the song.

"i'm just scared, penny. i've hurt people before and the last thing i want is to do the same to you."

he bites his tongue but ultimately decides to be selfish as well.

"but being serious with you sounds really fun."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:54:36 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"And that's fine," She murmured, "Take your time with it. Though..."
[break][break]
The ends of her lips lifted up into a small smile.
[break][break]
"I'm a grown woman -- I can handle a little bit of heartbreak."
[break][break]
Boom.
[break][break]
It was his selfish decision that caused her heart to explode a bit inside her chest. Finally, her armor of maturity had fallen victim these bustling emotions, all cradled up in her stomach. The heat of it all had forced her to turn away, as she knew as well as anyone that the control of her expressions had been lost to the giddiness that now rode up her cheeks and lips and eyes. 

[break][break]
Under her breath, the words simply slipped out: "Arceus, I hope so..."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 1:56:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
should it come, the heartbreak won't be little, that much cian knows. when has it ever been? the more time spent together and the more feelings shared makes it a double-edged sword.

maybe it's the moment — maybe it's her — but as the song comes to an end and silence washes over them, no matter how brief, he leans in to kiss her cheek.

"then fuck it. let's get our hearts broken."

a chuckle escapes, almost breathless.

"maybe. i hope it doesn't come to that. but fuck it."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 3:46:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The tenderness of his kiss instantly pulled at her attention, tugging her eyes back to his. Breathlessly, she gazed back up at him, her lips lifting up into a smile as his words mirrored a cheesy romcom that would've sent Evelyn spiraling in the past.
[break][break]

Back then, she thoughts scenes like that to be downright stupid, but now, sitting here next to Cian, hearing those words-- now she could understand.
[break][break]

"Yeah," She chuckled, "Fuck it."
[break][break]

The band, at that moment, had begun leading into their next song. This one was more upbeat than the last, full of life and a type of excitement the first hadn't captured. It was also one of Penelope's favorites.
[break][break]

"Wait, I love this song."
[break][break]

She paused, thought for a second, then grinned. Maybe it was okay to let loose for a bit.

"Care for a dance?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 4:08:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
it's stupid, cheesy, but gods does it make him feel good. the dopamine rush has him on a high and it's one he could ride for a while.

it's a familiar feeling with her, he realizes.

so, standing, he offers her his hand.

"let's."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 11:03:18 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His lack of hesitation is what sells it the most. Bold and willing to act, she wanted nothing more than a person to jump head first with, even during the worst of situations. A ride or die. A friend. For once, it felt like she might've found it.
[Break][break]
Grinning, she gladly accepting his out stretched hand, and used it to pull herself off the bench. Then, with her other hands swiping his last free one, she began to dance. Not sway, or jump, or twist -- dance. Truly, it was either a sight to see or the most embarrassing moment for humanity, as Penelope simply allowed the music to guide her body, shaking and twisting it as it felt necessary. With her hands attached to his, she'd drag him down with her antics, forcing him to follow a similar routine.
[Break][break]
All while this is happening, bubbles of laughter are erupting from her throat every now and then. Thankfully, since they were in the back, this was all done without annoying another family trying to watch the concert.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 3:00:07 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
though some may have considered it embarrassing, cian finds it endearing, and he is more than happy to join her and just dance without a care in the world.

laughter mingles with melodies that flow across the space around them. tucked away in their little corner, everything seems perfect.

and when the song and eventually concert finally ends, he finds himself breathless.

"that was..."

he breathes, smiling.

"fun."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 11:07:15 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"wasn't it," she breathed, a wide smile stretched across her cheeks. This was bliss. Carelessly dancing, without a fear in the world, to the beat of their own song.
[Break][break]
"I haven't danced like that in years."
[Break][break]
While the concert goers began to outpour back into the vendor street, or out into Lilycove's streets, Penelope didn't budge. Rather, her eyes kept caught on Cian's face , searching for...something.
[Break][break]
When nothing came of it, she looked away, lips still playing into a small smile.
[Break][break]
She didn't want this night to end. Not yet.
[Break][break]
"Wanna see something cool?"
[Break][break]
If he were to agree, Penelope would quickly call upon the attention of two staraptor taxi cabs. Their destination? The top of HBS inc, of course.
[Break][break]
Because there, hidden in the starlight, was a small set up created especially for Penelope's return. Strings of fairy lights were hung up by sticks, boxing in a bundle's worth of blankets and pillows and it's center. In the corner, a small speaker laid, ready to be connected and utilized.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 10:30:10 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"you really had this whole night planned out, huh?"

cian's pretty much in disbelief. to think she'd went out of her way to set this up for them perhaps knowing they'd come back is...something. it makes his heart flutter as he reaches for her hand.

"when did you even get a chance to do all this?"

he laughs.

"it's amazing."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 12:00:18 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

In reality, she had this place set up 24/7. Minus the portable speaker, of course. Given her high-stress position, Penelope had spent more than one night at the office, and sometimes, she desperately needed some air to think properly. And so, this place came to be.
[Break][break]
But, the image Cian had of her was probably more romantic, so she didn't dare correct him.
[Break][break]
"Oh you know," she shrugged, walking backwards towards the fluffed up pile of blankets. An all-knowing smirk played on her lips. "Glad you like it though. I," she caught herself. Should she say this? For a split second, she kept the words bundled up in her mouth, as she contemplated how vulnerable she wanted to be. Kinda felt like the first morning spent together. "I just hope it isn't too much."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 14:09:53 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
understanding the way words get caught in her mouth, he squeezes her hand to reassure her because he knows just how difficult it can be to share and to be vulnerable.

"no, no, it isn't. i love it, penny."

he lowers to the fluffy blankets, making sure to kick off his shoes prior because he isn't an animal.

"i have something to ask you. we glossed over it earlier but i figured it's something that's better to be clear about."

his turn to be vulnerable, he supposes.

"would you like for us to be exlusive?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 22:31:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The squeeze, the reassurance -- it all made her heart backflip into her stomach. When he lowered onto the blankets, she followed, slipping perfectly beside him, like a magnet being bounded by the other's pull

[break][break]
When Cian piped up again, she turned to face him, head tilted curiously at his question.

[break][break]
When it came, so did the rush of blood.

[break][break]
"I would."

[break][break]
No hesitation. No games. Just pure honesty.

[break][break]
Heart thrumming deep in her chest, the woman's gaze didn't dare falter this time around. More than anything else, she wanted her confidence, her assurance, to shine through.

[break][break]
"Do you?"

[break][break]
It was a silly question to ask, but she wanted to hear him say it. Plain and simple, the same way she did.

[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing