Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 3:05:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She chuckled and curled closer towards him, her arm now swinging over and around his stomach. Penelope always preferred this-- choosing to laugh, or make light of something, rather than let it sour the mood. Sometimes, like when it came to Eve, it made sense to allow the tone to drop down into a somber atmosphere, but with her parents? They didn't deserve even a single fuck.
[break][break]
"You sound like a dad," she teased with a playful head shake. "Thanks, though."
[break][break]
She then paused, another question slithering into the crypts of her mind.
[break][break]
"Beyond the minor gym, is there anything you want to do?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 9:41:29 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
it's a difficult question because the point of rocket is to stifle one's dreams. having committed his life to rocket meant following whatever they wanted. their dreams and goals became his.

fuck that, though.

"...i want to help people."

which sounds so cliche but it's to be expected given his situation.

"i like where i'm at. i feel like the minor league's a good place to start. i hope the little joeys who beat me end up being great trainers."

and after a pause, he adds:

"i kinda wanna do more, though."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 12:46:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

If this was an interview question, he would've passed with flying colors.
[Break][break]
"Like what?"
[Break][break]
There was a good chance he didn't know and she honestly couldn't blame him for that. Sometimes it was hard to see over the plate you've already been dished out. Though, that fact of life didn't stop her inner curiousity from taking the better of her. If there was anything, anything at all, that he had a lick of passion for, she was dying to know.

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 4:33:48 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"i dunno."

actually, he does, but his desires revolve around leaving and fighting against the very organization he and his family had swore their lives to. what a mistake that had been. he supposes he could say the latter.

"i'd like to be more involved in the fight eventually."

the fight, the war, whatever it's called.

"but i don't think i'm ready yet."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 0:36:52 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Well," She started, her lips quirking up into a small smile. "I'll be here to support you whenever you're ready. And before that too, obviously."
[break][break]
Striving for a goal, and having a passion-- those are the most attractive qualities a person could have. It didn't matter how far one was from achieving said goal, or if they fell a step behind, as long as they were working towards something. Anything.
[break][break]
A small yawn escaped her lips. While they felt protected in their own little world up there at the top of Lilycove's skyline, time continued to tick forward, and the reality of their situation was slowly encroaching on the tips of their little sanctuary.
[break][break]
"Ah, it's getting late. Maybe should maybe start heading out soon..."
[break][break]
Another selfish idea trickled into her head. Did it really have to end now? A glint of hope sparked in her eyes as she peered over at Cian.
[break][break]
"Would you want to come back to my place?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 3:35:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"and i'm here to support you as well. whatever you want, need, anything, i'll be here."

and he means it. his wanting to help her trumps his own goals. as long as he can make her happy and help her achieve her goals, then he's happy as well. that's all he could ask for, really.

still safe and sound in their own bubble, he turns to look at her, meeting her suggestion with a smile.

"i'd love to see your collection of plushies, yes."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 13:16:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A soft giggle erupted from her lips.
[Break][break]
"Not sure you're ready to see them, but," she smiled, pushing herself forward so that her face nearly hovered an inch away from his. "I'll make an exception for you."
[Break][break]
After a quick peck on his cheek, she rolled off his chest, plopping back on her ass beside him. She sighed.
[Break][break]
Couldn't this last a bit longer?
[Break][break]
Head hung back, she gave the stars one last look before calling another cab back to her place.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 5:00:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"how kind of you."

he mutters, chuckling as he relishes the warmth of the peck on his cheek. it's the little things that often matter more to him.

sitting up, he joins her in looking back up at the stars. they really are full and many tonight despite being in a city like lilycove. just for them, perhaps.

some time passes before the cab arrives. he stands back up, offering her his hand.

"if you don't have a drilbur plushie, it's over."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 12:22:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"of course, I have a drilbur plush," she teased back, accepting his arm as a means to pull herself back to her feet. "I'm plushie connoisseur."
[break][break]
Penelope took a few steps forward, towards her staraptor cab, before looking back at Cian once more. She just needed one last glimspe, she told herself, just for the road.
[break][break]
Smiling, she hovered her gaze onto for a moment too long, before eventually returning back to reality.
[break][break]
"Make sure to keep up," The reporter challenged. And with that, she was off.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 15:36:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"keep up?"

oh. he's meant to get his own means of transportation, then. he blinks, realizing a little too late as she's fading off into the distance.

"oopsies."

he tosses a pokeball up into the air and leaps off the side of the building. a flygon materializes right under him as they zoom to catch up to her.

it doesn't take them long to arrive, surely.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 4:19:36 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

It actually took longer than it should've to arrive. Up, down, and over-- Penelope took every possible odd route back to her place. The wind's natural comb brushed through her hand as she zipped down, smiling along the entire way, eyes lit up with the thrill of the flight. The adrenaline was strong enough to wash the embarrassing detail of her forgetting to call a second cab, and everything else that came with it.
[break][break]
Eventually, her ride comes to a stop, and with a hefty hop, she dismounted the avian.
[break][break]
She then turned back towards Cian, face lit with surprise.
[break][break]
"You made it."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 12:00:45 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
his flygon is not the most graceful of flyers, so the trip is more stressful than it needs to be. it's definitely not as peaceful as hers seem to be; he can tell even from that far back that she's having fun.

he breathes a sigh of relief when they finally land.

"barely. it's like i'm flying on a wild flygon."

but he gives the ground-type gentle pats to say thank you before recalling it.

he looks at penny, grinning in excitement.

"okay. i'm ready."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 13:21:00 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

When Cian mentioned his method of transportation, Penelope's eyes widened.
[break][break]
Did she...
[break][break]
No way, right?
[break][break]
Fishing out her phone from her back pocket, she gave the app a quick glance before staring back up at him again, horrifed.
[break][break]
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," She squeaked, "I--, the app--"
[break][break]
A sigh forced it's way out. How was she such a dumbass?
[break][break]
"Sorry."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
4,046 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 8:36:31 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
"hm?"

it doesn't hit him straight away but when it does, he's quick to shake his head, dismissing her unneeded apology.

"don't worry about it, really."

with a wave, he laughs, reaching out for her hand.

"but if you wanna make up for it, next dinner's on you."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
sink or swim [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 13:04:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Cian's smile brought out a refreshing wave of relief to cool the woman over.
[Break][break]
"Okay," She sighed, smiling lightly. With her hand now wrapped around his, she turned and used her free one to twist open the door handle with ease. It was one of the few benefits of chronically keeping your door unlocked.
[Break][break]
The door then swung open to reveal the somewhat dishevel state of her living room. Since ' stay, it had gotten ...a bit better than it was, but overall, there were still remnants of her disorganized personality scattered about.
[Break][break]
"Sorry it's a mess...."
[Break][break]
Scattered video game boxes coated the top of the coffee table while cans of red bull littered everywhere else. The only thing that wasn't a complete mess was her little bundle of pokemon plushes that ran up the side of a corner back wall.
[Break][break]
Sheepishly, she walked towards the kitchen and dumped the bundle of emptied cans she collected into the trash. "You hungry?"

[break][break]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing