The Hounds Of Oldale, [mission, c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 0:52:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

He exposed his body to the sun with a great stretch. Canned goods rustled about in his backpack.

Oldale's wind wrestled with his hair.

He walked into the town to ask around, trying to figure out if his mission partner had seen his mission partner. As early as he arrived, none of the townfolks's denials surprised him. But it also never hurt to be sure.

He set his aerodactyl in the town square, asked it to wait. He asked the townfolks to direct his partner to the aerodactyl whenever they happened to arrive. Hopefully, "follow the aerodactyl" would be obvious enough.

Memory drew Uno to a familiar hill, whose ground smelled oddly like soil. There, he surveyed the area, and also revisited his history in it. In the distance, two competing packs of mightyena, in the acknowledgement stage of a territory dispute, he figured, paced around one another. One pack was a bit larger than the other one. An idea formed.

In his mind, though, he saw himself and chimchar running the routes, grinding up the latter's strength. Back then, he never wanted to battle a gym leader until he had a team whose strength he was comfortable with. In a way, he tried to shortcut things. Maybe that was what really killed infernape. He arrived so early to better reflect on that problem.

Mission: HOUNDS OF OLDALE

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 21:31:49 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Follow the Aerodactyl to him. Rex followed the instructions in the only way he knew how.

As he arrived in Oldale, Rex wandered around like a zombie, wavering in his path multiple times as he waved and drawled good mornings. Obvious to everyone, last night had been a fine night of inebriation for the man and one recovered from just to do his mission. Perhaps such reckless stumbling through life kept him innocent in most people’s minds. How could a young man appear to be a criminal?

A civilian pointed him towards the Aerodactyl in the square and he sneered down its snout as he released his own Aerodactyl, One.

You’re a small guy, ain’tcha?

He sniffed at the other Pokemon, patting his ancient Aerodactyl on the flank as it growled, convinced the other Aerodactyl was a threat to Rex’s affections. He jerked his head at the Pokemon, teeth showing in a dangerous smile.

Well? Go on and bring us to your master. Maybe they’ll look cooler.

Uno would hear Rex and One long before they became visible, a shrieking roar shaking the air as they almost chased the other Aerodactyl, only keeping from snapping at it from a basic desire to get the mission done quick.

One crashed down, earning a halt in some Mightyena as they howled and snarled at the potential threat. Thankfully for Uno’s potential plan, Rex hadn’t disrupted the pack enough for the hounds to break from territory acquisition. They had already taken over the area from most humans and deemed them not a threat. For now.

Well, that’s more like it!” Rex grinned at Uno like a hungry dog. “Thought I’d have to do this all by myself, but guy like you gonna help me out?” An Aerodactyl already boosted Rex’s opinion of the other man, despite his insistence of One’s superiority. It just helped further that he got to work with a handsome man that wasn’t Rocket affiliated…most of their men and women knew him too well to take him seriously.

Pokemon: One - Aerodactyl/Male/Rock Head - Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Sky Drop, Take Down, Ancient Power, Hyper Beam. Can Mega-Evolve!

@uno

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 0:29:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Aggravated.

Air aggravated by costly noise. A heart aggravated by burst anxiety. A brain aggravated by relief, having turned around to find that Tres was just fine.

An ego aggravated by its own cowardice.

Uno kept his gaze on the man, paying his aerodactyl no mind even when it landed, still making so much noise as it did. Unwelcoming eyes searched the man. Curious body language betrayed said gaze.

While retired from the battling, frequent mission work had kept Uno well prepared for odd personalities. He opened his eevee's pokeball, and watched as the pokemon appeared somewhere near the newcomer's aerodactyl. With a second motion, he returned Tres, and turned back to the mightyena.

Eevee looked up at the opposing aerodactyl, then back at Uno, aware that something was off. "Quick Attack his face." And this would be a very odd Quick Attack, eevee understood. It pounced in a flash, arms and legs wide open, aiming to wrap them around the creature's head.

"I'm Uno. I had a plan for the mightyena, but you may have ruined it. I'd like to hear yours, instead. Start by telling me what you think they're doing. I'll share afterwards." Then he added: "Please, of course. I don't mind taking charge. You don't have to."

Something about this man, and not the man's aerodactyl, unsettled Tres. However, whatever happened to eevee was whatever happened to eevee.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 21:07:05 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Rex sensed an aggravation in the other man’s eyes and leaned forward, grin only widening. It was no secret that he could complete this mission on his own, he thought, ego only swelling as he provoked a reaction. One regarded the released Eevee with impassive grumbling, prepared to do all the work in this fight.

And then the Eevee lunged for One’s face.

Dumbfounded, One watched, eyes flickering to and from the little creature, almost unbelieving of its insanity. Had Rex not been on One’s back, it might have let the attack land. Not now.

Ice Fang exploded over the Aerodactyl’s jaws, an instinctive move causing the Quick Attack to bounce off the monster’s teeth. One stumbled back on impact, noting Rex’s whoops as he hung on, then swung his jaws down. The bludgeon was harsh, but contained a mercy the Aerodactyl ached to use. Unless Rex gave the ok, they were not to slaughter their prey. Rex was open to the world. One had to protect him.

Now, hurting was another matter in entirety, and hopefully would dissuade any further incidents.

“The hell was that little love tap?” Rex didn’t leave his Aerodactyl’s back, but he still found the time to sneer at Uno. One opened his jaws, sending ice scattering everywhere as its snarls sounded eerily like laughter.

“Were you trying to scare me with that, pretty boy?” Mocking came easily to the man, even more so when he convinced himself of his exceeding strength. Who used a tiny Eevee against an Aerodactyl?

At the man’s attempt to direct Rex to their mission, Rex broke his attention to stare at the Mightyena’s. He narrowed his eyes and looked back at Uno with conviction. Conviction that his partner in this was stupid.

“What does it look like they’re doing? They’re fighting.” He wasn’t one to pay much attention to the actions of Pokemon, but the man knew conflict. Said conflict was a little more complicated than “fighting”, but he still bared his smile like a badge of knowledge, springing right back into his own world.

“Aww, please, I’m the one who takes charge, always.” A different kind of smile entered his face, the same as when he looked upon his Aerodactyl.

“Uno. That means One, right? Well, ‘One’, I think I’m gonna jump in there, and make those dogs never even think of coming back again.” The Mega Stone on his bracelet gleamed like a hunting dog’s eye. It promised destruction and a delicious victory.

“My One here is my second in command, and I think he’s the better One around here, but I like ya. You wanna jump on and see what a real beast can pull off?”

Somehow, the offer seemed genuine among all the aggravating words. Maybe it was just so that he could show off, but the man was serious, and his Aerodactyl sighed, not thrilled at the prospect of carrying someone else.

Pokemon: One - Aerodactyl/Male/Rock Head - Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Sky Drop, Take Down, Ancient Power, Hyper Beam. Can Mega-Evolve!

@uno

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 24, 2022 5:48:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Scaring others never made the list of things that Uno liked to do. Threats were better made when they could be followed up on. He sent eevee to test the man: (1) To test his sense of humor; (2) To test how he viewed himself; (3) To test how he viewed others; (4) To maybe gain some sense of his relationship with his pokemon.

Uno felt a lot of bad, and little good.

Eevee lay somewhere off to the side. A quick glance over, then he returned to the mightyena.

"No," he said, removing his backpack — and from it, a can of food very friendly to Pokemon stomachs. Very tasty. He cracked it open, and dumped its contents next to Eevee.

There was no need to ride on One's back.

He got up, turned around, headed back to town. "Your view of me is well enough — in comparison to yourself even more so. I trust you. If you need help, tell One to call. I'll try to make it back in time, either way."

He released Tres again, now certain about what made their newcomer so offensive to her. Uno couldn't shake the assumption that the man was a member of Team Rocket.

He willed himself to keep Dos's fire contained to a point, flaring about in his chest as it was. The fighting spirit of an infernape was infectious. Particularly so if the spirit was dead and vengeful. He mounted Tres and flew, figuring it was better to share his plan with the townsfolks. It was something they could try themsleves even after he and Stranger left them.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 20:25:39 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

He was waiting for a reaction, that much was clear regarding the Eevee. So when Uno kept his head together and just dumped some food for the Pokemon to eat, Rex scoffed. Somehow, the lack of reaction was more offensive than anything else Uno did.

Aren’t you gonna get the thing a potion or whatever?

He never met a trainer that didn’t worry when their Pokemon got hurt. Perhaps this man was like him. Attached to his number one and nothing else. It was possible that he was just a prick. That was a thing. Didn’t matter either way.

Uno would receive a glaringly huge smile in response to being trusted. Rex just wanted to be left to do what he did best. A dog on a chain wants to bite. The freedom made him feel like the champion he wanted to be.

Making me do all the work, eh? Fine, but you owe me a drink after this. Don’t disappear on me, ‘One’.

Left to his own devices, the poor Mightyena stood no chance.

Wild Pokemon could not Mega Evolve, not naturally, at least. They lacked the human bond, the sharing of energy and emotions that lit up a Mega Stone like a mini sun. Rex trembled with energy as Uno left, matched only by One rocking in place, wings out.

Let’s go, buddy.

The Mega Stone shone like starlight, and a change came over the Aerodactyl. Rocky projections erupted from its skin, morphing over its jaws as its wings elongated. The prehistoric power of the past washed over it as ancient memories flashed across its eyes. A process that should have been agony stopped against Rex’s mind, all pride and terrible, lovely grins that One so adored. Emotions in place, the pain manifested more like warmth across the body.

Get ‘em! Ancientpower!

They would only have precious few minutes in this form. He had to make it count.

The Mightyenas halted in their territory acquisition, eyes fixing on the monstrous form before them. To their credit, they saw the threat and banded together. Countless Snarls rang out, demanding the Pokemon leave. A wild Pokemon would have listened. Not One and Rex.

The soil trembled as great rocks ripped through the air, swirling around the Aerodactyl as it charged. The glowing sparks of energy that rained over One only empowered the monster more, flowing through muscle and blood.

One crashed like a meteor in the middle of the packs, launching several whimpering canines on impact. Ancientpower crashed around them, smashing any that ran to Crunch the intruder and scattering onlookers. One didn’t let the running ones get away either, flapping rocky wings as it snapped and zapped fleeing enemies.

Oh, oh! Over there, get ‘em, One!

Rex’s encouragement rang in the Aerodactyl’s ears like sweet freedom. Freedom to do whatever he wanted, whether that was seizing a hound and shaking it like a ragdoll, or flinging one up in a devastating Sky Drop. With Rex, the skies were the limit.

Whatever Uno thought of Rex, he apparently was not a liar. He could do all the work.

@uno

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 21:02:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Tres felt his body language changing as they neared the town: The tiny shake and tremble in his fingers, for example.

She landed near a building, turned towards him, and raised her wings. In the shadow of those wings, Dos's death returned to him.

He curled into a begging posture, his hands pressed against the ground, gripped together, as his rested his forehead on top of them.

Arceus. As you have before, please help me. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. I'm not ready to face Team Rocket yet. If he is one of them, I—

No foreign energy flowed through him this time. (Nothing that anyone could write off as intrapersonal biochemical reactions, that is.)

Tres snapped Uno back to reality.

He hugged her. "I'll be fine, hopefully, as long as he isn't Team Rocket. He scares me. Or maybe our past is scaring me. Maybe I'm misreading him somehow because of that."

Stranger's offer for them to ride One together returned to him. He imagined being on the creature's back, his hands against Stranger's waists for safety — or perhaps, with the roles reversed — and he started to view the offer in a different way. It seemed rather cooch a doosh-y Perhaps that was too much benefit of the doubt.

There was also the claim that Uno owed him a drink.

Uno found the town's leader and shared his plan. Boiled down, it was for the townsfolks to ally with some of the mightyena, and as he guessed, they had never considered it as an option.

He explained how he thought the two packs he saw were taking too long to start their fight. He figured that the land was new territory for both. That meant both sides needed a home, and could make good candidates for Uno's plan.

So long as certain things happened, Uno and Stranger could still put the plan into effect before they left. So he mounted Tres again and flew, doubting, but hoping, that he'd find a scene that he could salvage. If not, a simple mission complete was always good.

First stop, however, was eevee.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 4:13:26 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

The situation was going, for lack of a better word. One, the freak of nature he was, flung attacks to and fro and pounced on snarling Mightyenas. A tail cracked against a snout. Teeth met teeth. Thunder Fang flashed. Fortunately for Uno’s plan, a surprising coincidence was taking place.

One pack had fled.

Occupied with chasing after the enemies he first clashed against, One managed to let another group dissolve and flee. The canines were trapped with their backs to the town, howling and baying against certain defeat.

Rex lingered little on his offer, at least in a normal way. He sought attention, simple as that, and scanned the nearby area for Uno as the battle went on. Not to see if he had done a good job in the plan, no. The plan was not something he had in mind, he hadn’t even heard the solid plan from Uno. He looked so that he could grin at the other man, seated upon his transformed Aerodactyl. He had fulfilled his role, nonetheless.

Ha-ha! ‘Ey, check it out, we caught them all, One!” Rex, said, having not caught all of them at all.

Rex’s bark echoed even the cacophony of Snarls. The Mightyena, beaten down, whimpered for a savior. They were injured enough that should the Mega Evolution wear off, they would still win the battle. Rex preened over his supposed victory, then grumbled as he tilted his head at the Mightyenas.

Would anyone notice if one vanished?

@uno

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 14:30:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The townsfolks trailed him as he flew. Their role in carrying the mightyena back to the town was important. He figured it was important, at least. If the mightyena associated him as their savior and then he just disappeared, it seemed like that would only put the townsfolks in danger.

When he landed, the scene stopped him.

Uno looked at Stranger with a face full of surprise, his eyes still not matching his body language, albeit. Even more surprise flashed forward at the sight of One. He wondered why it looked like that? He made a mental note to add it to the list of things he wanted to mention before the day ended.

Dropping his gaze, he looked back at Stranger and thanked him.

In case the mightyena want to resist, Tres was sent towards them. She did nothing flashy, and made no great noise — she failed to even appear regal. But the air off her back blew forwards with a PRESSURE too demanding for the mightyena to ignore. It helped that they probably had scary images of One in their brains, and may have at least mildly associated Tres with them.

"This is food." He sat before the Mightyena and uncracked each can, dumping their contents here and there. Avoiding eye contact, he said, "You protect your territory, we humans protect ours. You seemed like a threat, so. This happened."

As the mightyena ate, it became more obvious that they were not as well fed as first glance suggested. They kept their eyes from Tres's air, and Uno had to shift away from her for them to look up at him. "Have you ever considered allying with the townsfolks?" And just like the townsfolks, their body language puzzled.

It made Uno giggle. He looked up at Stranger, and finally decided to try tickling the man's fancy: "Right. I didn't think you would. Dominant creatures like you guys sometimes flee from symbiosis."

Uno lets Stranger in on the finer part of the plan. He believes that the there is still a good chance that the mightyena could attack the villagers once they're healthy. He chooses to stay behind and watch from a distance, just in case, and asks Stranger to join him.

They waited in the woods surrounding Oldale, evening having already fell upon the area. He had a few human snacks in his bag and shared some with Stranger, if he wanted them.

He offered to feed One, as a thank you for its brilliant success. If Stranger said yes, Uno would rub the side of the aerodactyl's face as he held the can out to it. It looked normal now. He'd compliment it as if it were Tres, still curious about the change. Could Tres learn to do the same thing?

Even if Stranger rejected Uno's offer: "He is a he, yes? Could you tell that mine is a she? There is a chance that, with greater wisdom, he could have gained a friend today."

He watched for their reactions. Somewhere behind him, Tres turned her head to be dramatic. She didn't like being exposed.

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 16:16:17 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Rex looks up as the townfolk arrive, raising a hand to wave and celebrate his success. Under him, One started to revert to his previous form. The elusive nature of the Mega Evolution becoming clear as it ended in short time. He was a hound, proud of his capture.

It was when Uno started befriending the Mightyenas that his head tilted.

What’s happening?

His grumble went unnoticed as some of the townfolk approached the Pokemon. Left able to only follow Uno’s plan, Rex grumbled and growled as he nudged One’s flank. He won. He should be happy about that, right?

—-

Yeah, he’s a he, that’s what I’ve been calling him.” Rex’s snort was only matched by One’s. They were like a mirror.

Looking over at the other Aerodactyl, Rex just rolled his eyes. In one swift movement, he reached over and embraced One’s neck.

He doesn’t need any friends. He got me. What? You wanna be friends or something?

Nothing was gonna take One away from him. His irritability seemed to spike. A subject buzzed in his head like an annoying bug.

You stole my moment, you know? Could have told me you wanted to make them pets before we wasted our time beating them up.

It was all just a waste. He could have sold some of those Pokemon. They were great. Faced with a potential friend, or even just an ally, all he could do was sneer.

My friends know not to steal my moment. Maybe your Aerodactyl over there gets it better than you?

@uno

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 22:51:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"It could have gone either way, depending on how ruthless you were. You took charge, so I was fully prepared to follow your path."

His focus returned to the town, and a vacant sensation filled his chest — the same feeling that ended his fornication days. He was a man whose bestfriend was killed in front of him. Nothing within him desired to struggle for social power.

Team Rocket was the only thing he wanted to risk his life fighting. And even then, his Deadly Sins would never pay the price, except perhaps the price of losing him.

A shame, then, that his gut feeling stayed put. It seemed that he might never learn what caused One to change the way it did. At least not from Stranger. He had to be content with simply knowing that he missed a lot in the last seven years, and that it left Tres weaker than she could have been.

He did not miss, however, the beginning of the moment that he had been waiting for. So he said: "I'm now convinced that if I stayed, we would have conflicted too much. But if you think different, we can try again. A mission of your choice. We can exchange one of our social media tags, even."

The sound of conflict is what makes Uno pounce. The mightyena take up offensive postures against the townsfolks, and at least one human receives a quick snap to the arm.

Uno asks Stranger to follow him, but tells Tres to use Fly, wanting to arrive first. Without One, however, two of the mightyena remain aggressive, even in the face of Tres's PRESSURE, so what tried to prevent occurs, anyway. They hit one of them hard, so hard that it shakes Uno pretty bad. One arrives, soon after, and the scene settles down. The message to the mightyena is that Oldale has patrons. They seem to get it well enough.

But Uno has to leave the injured mightyena to Stranger, fearing that it will die because of him. Bad memories, and whatnot. Definitely an exaggeration.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 4:55:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@uno