Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 14:52:58 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Nestled in the overgrown hillside of Old Mauville, a sole mansion laid, grand and regal in it's appearance. Large, dilapidated columns marked its entrance, followed by a wide spanning front "garden" and doorless doorframe. The windows were all boarded up, except for the furthest to the top -- that one was blocked by a thick black curtain instead.
[break][break]
Dressed in all black, magnemite buzzing beside her, the HBS reporter stood beside the frontmost columns, starring up at this palace of Old Mauville. Two floors, 10 bedrooms, and decorations from a completely different world. They were truly in the presence of a relic from the past.
[break][break]
When arrives, she'd have looked over, smile, then reach out her hand in greeting.
[break][break]
"I'm glad to see you were able to make it."
[break][break]
Magnemite offered a buzz of greeting as well. In his right magnet hand, a professional camcorder laid, ready to flip on a moment's notice.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 17:29:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

If there's something strange in your neighborhood... Who you gonna call? !

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/866443754243227658/Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_OST_-_Aboveground_Urban_Area_B_-_256_kbps.mp3[/player]
"Ms. Livy, I presume!" Doug said in response, smiling back as he grabbed her hand and shook it. "Happy to meet'cha at last! I was wondering what the person who embarrassed my intel division was like."

Letting go of her hand, the youth grabbed at the brim of cap and tipped it at the Magnemite with a grin, before doing the same towards her.

"I'm Doug Sullivan- but ya knew that already." He said, his gaze slightly shifting over her shoulder to look at the mansion behind her.

His gaze sharpened ever so slightly at the sight, the corner of his eyes narrowing as his lip curled.

"'Course it had to be this place." He says with some disdain, huffing. "It's still ruining Mauville, huh...?"

The legacy of the rich cast a dark shadow over Old Mauville- one Doug intended to tear apart.

Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the other two.

"'Pologies, but could we go over the details once more?" He asked sheepishly.
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 19:26:09 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

With a hard clasp, their hands momentarily melded together, signifying much more than a simple greeting.
[BREAK][break]
She chuckled at his compliment. There were times to show one's modesty, and there were times to accept the sincere words of another -- Penelope chose the ladder option. Doug didn't seem the type to needlessly flatter, anyways.
[BREAK][break]
"Penelope Livey with HBS," She slipped her greeting behind his, adding a wink to it's tail. "But, hopefully, you already knew that as well."
[BREAK][break]
Taking a step backwards, Penelope's eyes followed his back to the manor.
[BREAK][break]
It sure was omnious, she thought.
[BREAK][break]
Her attention, however, was quickly snatched away by the gym leader's words. Still ruining mauville, huh. Interesting.
[BREAK][break]
"Yeah, no problem!" Shifting her body back into place, the reporter fished out her phone from her back pocket and began swipping across it's screen. It took a second, but she eventually looked back up, smiling. "According to the reports, theres been a recent spike of missing person cases in the area. They were deemed unrelated, untilllll..." She paused, taking a second to swipe two more times. "The most recent case: Abigail Hogs. Unlike the other cases, she returned back to her family a week after disappearing. Their neighbors and friends have been saying Abigail hasn't been the same since disappearing-- apparently she keeps recounting these strange stories."
[BREAK][break]
Stories of ghosts, blood, and skeletons. The exact opposite of what someon wants to hear on a Sunday night.
[BREAK][break]
"I interviewed her yesterday, and it led me here: Old Mauville's famous mansion. Spooky, huh?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 1:52:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/866443754243227658/Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_OST_-_Aboveground_Urban_Area_B_-_256_kbps.mp3[/player]
"I'm familiar with yer work, too." Doug said, nodding while she began fishing for her phone, humming as he recalled the first time he saw her name.

He had read her article on the Sootopolis Takeover; had also confirmed HBS' horoscope on March-born people was, in fact, very accurate, too.

Unfortunately.

"I really didn't get a single day of rest from mah vacation." Doug grumbled, not quite explaining what the heck he was talking about as he crossed his arms, shaking his head as he focused his gaze on the journalist as she began to give the details.

The youth's brow creased as she recounted the details, and he was frowning by the end, his chin and mouth hidden behind his hand as he cupped them in deep thought. Then, he turned his gaze towards the mansion.

A string of 'unrelated' missing person cases... Right under his nose. Forget the Intel Division; he should have been ashamed this was happening right in his city...

Lightning cracked at that precise moment, silhouetting the entire structure sharply in a moment of cosmically perfect timing.

"... Yeah." He managed to squick out, eyes wide for a brief moment before he coughed into his fist, shaking his head before turning back to the journalist yet again. "... Thank ya kindly for the info. How is she? Ms. Abigail, I mean. Has she gotten help?"

His brows were creased with worry, jaw set tightly. He worried for the girl; it sounded like she might need help from a professional.

But... that wasn't something to discuss here between them.

"... I'll pay the family a visit once this is over." He said with a sigh, gripping the brim of his cap for a brief moment before his brows furrowed in focus, nodding to himself.

Time to work.

Approaching the locked gates, the youth planted his palms firmly against them before shoving them with a grunt. The sound of rusted iron scrapping over paved road followed as the metal gates swiveled open, crashing onto their brick support walls with a ringing crack.

The youth was scrapping at the inside of his ear with his pinkie by the end of it, teeth showing as a full-body shudder rocked his frame.

"Urgh...! Hate this danged place." He grumbled, the disdain in his gaze and tone clear as he huffed at the large state, patting his hands together to clear the rust off his gloves. "Those bastards ran off to that big ass mall and left behind their mess for the real city to deal with."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 4:25:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

If there was one thing he'd made clear in the short period of time since they'd met, it was that he cared for the citizens of his city. It was something Penelope respected greatly, especially nowadays, with the league operating how it is.
[break][break]
When he turned to ask about Abigail's current condition, she'd only given him a strained smile. She was breathing, so there was that, but her mind hadn't quite followed the quick recovery her body did. When she spoke to her last, it seemed that the woman's head had drifted off elsewhere, only to return to further elaborate on the visions she saw or the voices she heard.
[break][break]
"I think that'd be best, yeah."
[break][break]
There was no real easy way of describing something as delicate as this. And, even if there was, seeing is believing -- there's no replacement for personally seeing something yourself, anyways.
[break][break]
As Doug went to unlatch the door, Penelope stood back with her magnemite, too occupied with muffling her ears to offer much assistance. When the horrible screeching ceased, she'd walk up to his side.
[break][break]
"Seems like everyone is just an opportunist nowadays," She sighed, thinking back on her distaste for certain individuals. It was enough to briefly distract herself from the trio of zubats that squeaked from inside the manor, ready to swoop out at their arrival.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 17:25:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

He was not looking forward to the meeting, but it was necessary.

As they stepped within the limits of the giant property, the squeaking of Zubats, the flash of movement behind the small spaces left between the boarded up windows, and the almost supernatural chill in the air informed Doug that they were dealing with a proper haunted house.

"Would it've killed them to at least topple the thing?" He grumbled, scratching at the back of his head.

Everyone and their mother knew that abandoned homes were favorite dwellings for ghost-type pokemon; the larger, the better. Mansions tended to be places were the rich abused their staff, so they were rife with 'bad juju', as Doug preferred to call it, something ghost types apparently enjoyed consuming.

Leave it to the guys who ate dreams to eat bad vibes as well.

"... Unfortunately. Can't say I'm too surprised, though." Doug said in response to Penny's words, walking towards the entrance to the foyer. "Feels like we're all being pushed to be like that half the time."

Few were the people who 'made it in life' by sticking to the rules and letting ethics lead their decisions. Those who merely inherited their wealth were rarely aware of where it all came from.

Doug himself was technically standing on a foundation of lies. He had cheated at his exams in order to have the qualifications to apply for the military. It seemed minor and even petty to say... But he might still be hungry and homeless now if he hadn't.

With a harsh shove, the doors leading into the foyer were shoved wide open, sending all manner of vermin scrambling for cover as the light of the moon illuminated the entrance.

"Is it like that where yer from, too?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:07:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

With Magnemite floating close behind, Penelope trailed behind the gym leader, eyes peering up from over his shoulder. It was clear, to the both of them, that this house was rampant with paranormal activity. And, given Penelope's, innate lack of skills, she was susceptible to their childish whims
[break][break]
Inside, the foyer spanned out wide, with two large staircases immediately leading up to its second floor. Time had worn on it's wood finish, causing holes to litter its boards, and rust to degrade its railing. Not much else could be seen beyond that, as the lumination of the moon could reach out so far.
[break][break]
"Kind of. Born and raised in Petalburg City, so it ain't too different from here," She breathed, eyes quickly surveying the area after each step. Just the chill air was enough to cause the hair on her back to lift. "Really, all of Hoenn's the same right now. Everyone's just looking out for themselves."
[break][break]
Not the most politically correct statement to make, but alas, HBS was never known for their subtly. 
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 19:18:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

"Not all." He said with surprising confidence. "Too many, though... The league specially. We need to do better."

Though he believed the region needed... new, better leaders, he also knew it couldn't be Rocket. So for now... the league needed to become a government the people could rely on.

The wood panels beneath their feet creaked as they approached the large double stairs leading to the second floor, the moonlight weakening the deeper inside they went.

Not only was it dark, but it was chilly as well, despite Hoenn's summer weather and his coat.

Ghost-types.

Uncomfortable in the darkness as things were, the youth palmed a netball and raised it in the air, a Volbeat appearing in front of the group.

The expressive insect smiled brightly as its gaze fell upon its trainer, before his expression twisted as he realized just how dim the lighting around them was.

Without any prompt, its tail lit up like a bulb, pushing away the darkness of the mansion.

And also, prompting a skin-curling ghostly shriek to rip through the entire foyer as several unseen ghosts darted away and into deeper hiding, caught off guard.

For his part, Doug had nearly jumped off his skin at that, his eyes wide and his hand tightly gripping the stairs' railing.

"... Dang. Did you see that?" He said after a moment of silence, his tenseness slowly seeping out as he clicked his tongue. "That was a lot o'ghosts in just the dang entrance."

His brow furrowed deeply, lips pursing in thought.

"Why, though...?" He wondered.

Ghosts frequented mansions, sure, but this almost seemed too crowded. Was there... more to the mansion than just the negative feelings of mistreated staff...?

"Ms. Penelope, yer pretty good 'bout finding info, yes?" He said after a moment. He imagined she had informants and people who would ruminate through texts and books on her payroll. "... Ya think ya could find stuff out 'bout this place?"

And naturally, about the person who owned it, once upon a time.

"... Hm. Think we might be able to find anythin' ourselves here?" He said after a moment.

Nothing said they couldn't come back after clearing the place out and hopefully finding the missing folk.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 1:09:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"That, we can agree on."
[break][break]
As much as she despised the league and the corruption they allowed to fester, she knew better than to trust the optimistic words of some underground organization. She'd rather not bathe the path of change with the blood of innocent people.
[break][break]
Following close behind, Penelope watched as he released his Volbeat from its ball. A nice change of pace, she thought, all until the sound of shrieking spirits tore up her eardrums.
[break][break]
"See it," She repeated, rubbing the back of her neck, "That literally killed my ears."
[break][break]
It was easier to focus on the pain than remind herself of the horrors that continued to lurk within the decrepit walls of the mansion.
[break][break]
When the gym leader called back out to her, she'd look up, brows raised and a finger placed on her chin.
[break][break]
"Yeah, give me a sec."
[break][break]
Her phone lit up, and within seconds she sent out a series of texts to several people-- one being a simple .
[break][break]
When the deliver spelled out beside her texts, she'd throw the phone back into her pocket before giving a shrug. "I Should get something back in 5 minutes."
[break][break]
Taking another step forward, she leaned over the railings just enough to give the foyer one last look. "Places like these are usually filled with old paintings or photos of the owners. If we keep looking, I'm sure we'll find something while we wait."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:41:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

"Should a journalist use hyperbole so lightly?" The youth asked with a laugh, even while grinding his own pinky into his own ear. "Can't say I disagree, though..."

His ears were stilling ringing, damn it. Her replies sounded almost faint.

Luckily, it seemed she could heed his own request well enough, seemingly contacting a colleague of hers through a series of swift, precise text messages.

The technologically inept youth stared blankly with a slightly open maw as the woman worked.

"Huh." He uttered. "5 minutes? Dang. That's impressive."

He had estimated a lot longer... she was good. Or maybe he was just incompetent. Could also be both.

Yet another thing he needed to step up his game on.

As she peered over the railing, Doug casually looked around the second level they stood on, his volbeat doing his best to follow his gaze and point his lights its way, eventually turning to the wall behind him.

"WOW!" He yelped out a quick shout, jumping back slightly, his arms suddenly pinwheeling as he found himself back at the edge of the stairs.

As he struggled to regain his height, the source of his sudden fright remained revealed as his Volbeat quickly flew over to him to stop his fall, its butt light pointed straight at it.

A large, wall sized family portrait hung on the wall. It was the stuff of cliched haunted houses, and as the Volbeat yanked his Trainer back, one almost felt as though the eyes of the painting's subjects were following their every move.

"Jeez!" Groaned the youth as he panted hard, glaring at the large canvas. "Old paintings like that, I take it."

Gods, that sucked! Shaking his head, the youth grumbled as he marched off to the left (Good adventurers go left) and towards the halls leading into the west wings of the home.

As he did, one could almost swear the painting's eyes were actually following him... though it was hard to tell as the lighting grew fainter the more he and his Volbeat pulled away from it.

"I mentioned before; how the previous owners of this place left for the Mall?" He said. The mall, as he called it, was what the world at large tended to think of when they heard the word Mauville. Unfortunately. "They were big investors in that mess. In GMH, really..."

His brow furrowed as he turned his gaze forward, a huff leaving his lips.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we find something inculpatory. Proof that they knew what GMH had been up to." He said. "Those guys are long time parasites, entrenched deep in Mauville's guts. It'll probably hurt the city to tear 'em off... but I think it'll be better for it in the long run."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 16:21:40 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She smiled at the compliment. It was a rough estimate, as she had to gamble on whether was still dozing off, or if her assistant, Carter, had a spare second to dig through her notes and do some research. But if it wasn't done in 5, it'd be done by the 10 minute mark, or else HBS will come back to a peeved lead journalist.
[break][break]
The sliver of light the volbat cast onto the painting was enough to get a small jump out of Penelope as well, though, hers was a bit more contained. "Yeah, that'd be it," she nodded. If there was one thing she knew quite well, it was that rich people loved themselves more than anyone else in this damn world. After letting out a soft huff, Penelope would turn and continue following the gym leader towards the left. She didn't quite have the same affinity to the direction as he did, but it felt like the right decision, regardless.
[break][break]
She nodded along to his explanation. Unfortunately, from her experience, it was far from an original tale nowadays. So many people are often burnt for the greedy prosperity of another. It was why she had a natural negative disposition towards the many CEOs Hoenn had to offer. As kind as they may or may not be, she couldn't help but associate them with the countless headlining cases of the wealthy taking advantage of their privilege for the worst.
[break][break]
"Necessary change isn't always easy," she agreed, her words soft and unapologetically biased, "Whatever we find, I just hope it'll lead us to answer. For both Mauville and missing victims."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 14:45:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

She was much too right, unfortunately. Nodding at her words, the youth plucked at his hat, before gesturing with his neck at Volbeat to lead the way, butt first.

The left path led them to a long, stretching hall with doors ocassionally dotting the walls. Fancy and simple looking chandeliers alike hung from the ceilings, casting dull, purple illumination that was drowned by the Volbeat's own.

"Doesn't seem like this wing is the Living quarter's area." Pointed out the youth, noting a few details. Most of the doors that could be seen were double doors; and there was a considerable variance between of each; it lacked the uniformity of barracks, or bedrooms.

A bit too curious and not wanting to look scared in front of the pretty older lady, the youth took the first step, leading the way.

And as he did, his shadow seemed to grow as his form stepped underneath one of the simple looking chandeliers. Almost immediately, it's shape began to morph, eye-like forms appearing over its surface as the dull purple became stronger.

Suddenly, the youth froze in place, midstep.

"...?!" His arms trembled as he struggled. "Careful! Can't... move!"

The Volbeat looked around wildly, trying to find the source of this attack- but it never quite looked up.

-Doug notes this place is probably not gonna have bedrooms.
-Doug is being held in place by a Chandelure.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 4:18:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A cool breeze caressed the outline of her cheeks as she followed the young gym leader down the throat of the hallway, eyes curiously drinking up every small detail they could find. Magnemite, who hovered to her right, did the same, only beeping to gather his trainer's attention whenever something of interest appeared.
[break][break]
Unfortunately, those moments were few and far in between from the duller ones.
[break][break]
Doug's words only evoked a nod from the enticed woman. Bedrooms or not, there was history hidden beneath these walls, history that might span far past the initial investigation that started their trail. As Penelope gaze followed another scent of interest, the sound of Doug's staggering voice broke through, catching both her and her pokemon's attention.
[break][break]
"Magnemite, flash canon!"
[break][break]
Bringing his magnets together, the pokemon shimmed off the camcorder to Penelope before generating a spark of electric energy between its tips. It formed with sparking delight before taking off towards the mischievous ghost type, breaking its hold on the man.
[break][break]
As it did, Penelope leaped towards Doug, concern flooding her eyes. "You okay??"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 14:49:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Relic

"Been... better." He mumbled as he began picking himself up, rubbing his head. "My pride, that is."

He turned his gaze over the the Chandelure Penelope's magnemite had blasted away, the mischivous ghost slowly picking itself up before scrambling away from the group, merging into the walls and disappearing.

"... Thanks for the save." Doug said as he turned his gaze back to Penelope, giving her a sheepish grin. She looked genuinely worried- how kind of her. He felt even worse now. "Sorry you had to do that."

He was supposed to be the fighter here. It was the whole reason he had been called. This was more than a little embarrassing. Shaking his head, the youth began to stand up, pulling another net ball from his jacket.

A moment later, one of his Orbeetles joined his Volbeat in floating besides him.

"No more mistakes." He promised the woman as with a nod, turning his gaze to the Orbeetle. "Delta will be keepin' track of everythin' from 'ere on out."

One of the few pokemon with a built in Radar feature, Orbeetles were an extremely useful species of bugs- so much so, Doug had about 12 of them.

The Orbeetle stood there for a moment, eyes gleaming a myriad of colors before it suddenly rotated in place and its whole bode shone a gleaming magenta.

A moment later, double doors along the wall opened violently, leading them into a large, dilapidated Library.

"Huh?" Doug uttered, glancing between the doors and his pokemon. Unfortunately, this Orbeetle hadn't learned telepathy yet. "I'm guessin' he wants us to go there?"

He turned to look at Penelope, shrugging his shoulders before walking into the library. Large bookshelves that reached towards tall ceilings covered the walls, and rows upon rows of other, equally tall shelves filled the place. Should they walk through them, they would find at the center a long table with several more books and papers set upon it.

-Doug is embarrassed.
-Orbeetle opens a door to a library.
-library-description.jpg

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
RELIC (M)
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 23:31:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

A wave of relief washed over her system as the boy confirmed his safety. Gym leader or not, she was still the adult of the two, and if he were to get hurt, it'd be more than a little difficult to forgive herself.
[break][break]
"Don't worry about it," She smiled, "I'm just glad you're okay."
[break][break]
Tucking a strain of hair behind her ear, she nodded as Doug extinguished any further thoughts and worries of a similar trap springing upon them when they least expect it. Not that it stopped her from chopping up the space between them. Raveled close to his side, the woman cautiously looked around the manor, all until the two double doors slammed open, beckoning for their movement inside.
[break][break]
"Sure looks like it." Words of agreeance struggled to come out as her mouth went dry. Ghosts weren't all too scary, but haunts were. Still, she buckled down and followed through, inching through the doorway and into the library room. 
[break][break]
Large bookcases encased the room, spanning all the way up to the ceiling. It reminded her a lot of that old Disney film, the one with the hairy man and bookworm.
[break][break]
"Wow."
[break][break]
Slowly, she approached one of the shelves. Reaching out a hand, she gingerly traced the outline of their stems, using the dwindling light source as a means to skim the titles. When it became too much, she'd pull out her phone/flashlight and use it as a means to make out the titles.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @dougbugcatcher[break]