Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Time to catch up. (Mission)
POSTED ON May 23, 2022 19:25:50 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

She fidgeted with the last few details of her standard ranger uniform as she walked towards the entrance of the Ranger headquarters within Lilycove City. She figured she might as well wear the uniform while she was doing something official like that. It wouldn’t hurt, right? With her tied in a professional-looking simple bun, an armband, and an emblem resting upon her right arm. She’d look the part of a ranger on official business.
[break][break]
The door slid open automatically as she neared it, allowing her to enter with ease. She walked towards the reception desk. Purpose in her eyes. She was greeted with a simple “Hello, can I help you?” by the person manning the post.
[break][break]
She nodded. “Hello. I am Elinor Anderson, and I have an appointment with Lars Anderson.” She had heard that he was some big shot, Head Ranger or something. She didn’t know how normal it was for the Head Ranger to engage in training a simple Cadet like her, nonetheless, that was the purpose of this appointment. But either way, she was excited. It had been almost three months since she had last seen him, no fault of his, of course, she’d been busy and he probably had been as well.
[break][break]
She was given a nod as a response. “Very well, I will inform him of your arrival, please wait here.” The receptionist spoke dryly as they got up and headed for Lars to inform him of the new arrival.
[break][break]
OOC: Mission thread for Commitment Act 1.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 18:12:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Another day in the office—and sadly, today was the day when all the reports had mysteriously decided to materialize on his desk, so he was like, in the middle of sorting through all the envelopes and reading through them before making sure that nothing got lost or misfiled.

Then the intercom went off.

Thankfully he hadn’t pressed the button yet so he had time to muse.

“Oh, Eli?” he began, before realizing that he would need to be… some kind of professional… maybe.

He then remembered to hit the button on the intercom and said, “Send her in, please,” before clicking it off and grabbing some caramel squares and cramming them into his mouth as he waited for the door to open.

Yeah, the fucking paperwork was still there…

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 18:49:05 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

A quick conversation over the intercom later and Elinor was allowed to move on.
[break][break]
She wasted no time quickly finding her way through the building until she reached an office labeled with Rank and its occupant’s name. She grabbed the handle and opened the door. She was greeted by what looked to be Lars with his mouth crammed with something while a mountain of paperwork awaited his attention.
[break][break]
“Hi, Lars.” She spoke casually as she stopped halfway through the door. Eyes went from the papers upon his table and onto Lars before she spoke again. “If you are busy I can come back later.” She sent the man an understanding smile as she prepared herself for the inevitable acceptance of her suggestion.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 19:12:38 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Eli?”

Although, the effect came out to be much more comical than expected—she’d caught him right at the time his cheeks were puffed out like a chipmunk’s, crammed full of caramel squares.

“Oh, shit, uh. Close the door behind you, will you?” he continued as he shoved the paperwork off to one side.

That shit can wait.

Family first, paperwork later.

First thing he noticed was the spiffy uniform she was wearing. Oho.

“So, decided to follow me down the route of insanity?” he joked with a grin as he gestured at the clearly-open tin where there were caramel squares within its depths. “Caramel?” he offered a few moments later.

Either way…

This was also a good time to catch up on shit.

“First off, the uniform looks great on you,” he began as he opened the desk and pulled out his trusty vape—but withheld from lighting it unless it was absolutely necessary.

“Do tell me, personally, why the Rangers? You know how dangerous shit can get around here,” he continued as he gestured for her to take a seat.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 25, 2022 19:51:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

A small chuckle escaped her as she saw and heard Lars’s reaction. She had not expected him to react like that. But, here they were. And she quickly complied with his request, closing the door behind her as she moved further into the room.
[break][break]
The smell of Caramel reached her nose. Her mouth began to water, would it look bad if she took one? She’d wait. Instead decided to nod and respond. “Yep, I did.” Could he blame her? Dealing with wild Pokémon was just like dealing with any part of their family. And then, only then did he offer her caramel, which she quickly accepted. “Well, maybe just one.” She said as she grabbed one and began to munch on it… But she knew deep down it wouldn’t just be one. Even if she only took one now, she’d be there for another later.
[break][break]
His questions were understandable and as he gestured for her to take a seat and she did, she pondered the answer. “Thank you. Still need to get used to it.” She humbly accepted the compliment, though her face quickly grew a bit more serious. “Well, there isn’t a particular reason.” She appeared thoughtful. “I figured I could do some good for the people of Hoenn.” And maybe fill the gaping void that appeared after getting disowned. She didn’t voice the last part.
[break][break]
“But don’t worry. I can handle myself out there. Actually, I have been on a few assignments already!” Elinor proclaimed. She did in fact wonder if some of those assignments lay compiled among the paperwork which Lars had yet to do.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 16:49:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I was young, once,” he reminisced, realizing that Eli was definitely younger than he was.

“Young, and idealistic,” he added a few moments later with a chuckle as the caramel in his chipmunk cheeks slowly melted, allowing him a few moments to look over the pile of envelopes he’d shoved to one side.

Remembering that he’d noticed her name on some of them, he then pulled those out and began looking through them.

“Yeah, some of the paperwork for your stuff’s here,” he continued as he pulled a few out. “I’m surprised they didn’t start asking you how are you related to me, y’know, same surname and all that,” he went on with a cackle.

And then he nudged the tin of caramel closer to her.

“Go on, help yourself,” he said as he waved a hand towards the can.

Once he was done disposing of the caramel he’d stuffed like an idiot, he then remembered something.

“Always have a first-aid kit on you. I cannot stress this fucking enough to everyone, because accidents do happen, and it’s shit having to makeshift crap from the wild, infection and all that.”

Man, that flashback he just had about saving someone whose leg got stuck under a rock—definitely not a fun time.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 17:30:37 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

She was glad that Lars didn’t question it further, rather chalking it up to her being young and idealistic, which she couldn’t argue with.
[break][break]
“Really? Well, I do hope that you find it up to snuff.” She started wondering which missions it was, as Lars continued. “And yeah, I was surprised too.” She stated just as Lars offered her access to the can of Caramel. She gladly accepted as she fetched another piece. “But I suppose they might not have thought much of it?” She had never really checked up on how common their surname was.
[break][break]
“I will keep that in mind.” A thoughtful nod was granted in his direction. After what she’d experienced during her mission with Matias, she’d seen how dangerous this could become. The image of the Ursaluna mauled runner appeared vividly in her mind. She wanted to ask if Lars had experienced something like that before, and how he got the images out of his mind if he had. But before the words left her she realized how insensitive that would come off. So instead she looked for another topic.
[break][break]
For a short second, she considered telling Lars about Callan, since she figured he should know that she was dating someone. But at the same time, she was afraid of how he might react. And so decided to pursue another topic. “Oh, by the way. I figured you would want to know, but that advice you gave me last time I saw you. It helped splendidly. And Gon has mellowed out somewhat, especially after he has evolved twice. Oh don’t get me wrong, he is still a little shit sometimes, but at least he isn’t as contrarian as he was before.” She snickered slightly, a small hint of pride in her words.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 9:44:33 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I can get you hooked up with a first-aid kit and a supply drip after our meeting, you can go pick up the kit from the supplies locker,” he went on as he reached for a piece of paper and a pen, before writing out something in his chicken scratch handwriting.

Well, at least it was readable—enough!

At the mention of Gon somewhat sobering up, he cackled.

“I hope he isn’t giving you a hard time,” he went on. “Because you know, after Dragon-types reach their final forms, it takes a while for them to get used to being so… big, and bulky in his case,” he added.

“Kind of how it took me a while to adjust to my own Salamence, too. You have to be gentle, but firm at the same time with establishing who’s the boss between the two of you—yet at the same time you work as a team,” he hummed.

He then reached for another square from the tin and chewed on it as he thought of what else to say. Maybe he would bring up later… definitely not now, she needed to get settled in first!

“How’s things with you outside of work, by the way? Doing alright over there?”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 10:04:41 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

“Oh really? Thank you.” She nodded in appreciation of the offer of a first-aid kit. It wasn’t much, but at least it meant she wouldn’t have to go out and maybe buy one which wasn’t as good as what the Rangers could offer.
[break][break]
She gave a small chuckle as Lars gave his own example of the relationship between him and his own Salamence. “Yeah, well, he can still be an arse sometimes. But I think he has realized that he is an arse, and is trying to reign that in.” Elinor stated. “I also think it helped that I started giving him some time off to do whatever he wants.” Her smile didn’t leave her lips as she spoke about the dragon. Clearly, she was proud of the progress she had made, even if it didn’t exactly sound responsible to let a Salamence fly about in Slateport or wherever. But being cooped up in an apartment for long stretches of time definitely wasn’t doing the dragon any good either.
[break][break]
And then came the dreaded question. Now how to answer that. Elinor looked at the Caramel tin for answers. Did she go with her dating life or family life first? Why not both. “Well, taking the recent HNN news into consideration I am doing alright. My parents decided to leave Hoenn for a safer haven – “ And then her voice got really quiet as she mumbled the last part. “ – Disowning me in the process…. Oh, I am also seeing someone – “ She speedily mumbled this part before returning her voice to her normal volume. “So yeah, I’ve been keeping myself busy." She looked at Lars to gauge his reaction based on the news he had just been given.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 10:16:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Good, good, the important thing to keep in mind—as we talked about previously—is that the both of you have to establish a strong bond with all of your Pokémon, not just a select few,” he nodded.

And then the topic went—dark, too fast too soon.

He knew that had returned back to Unova, and that Léanne and their mother were—out there, somewhere—but he wasn’t going to be surprised if the old man decided to stay with the church and offer ‘salvation’ to whoever came knocking at the door of that really shady church that had been blown up previously (but had since been rebuilt).

“They—they did—what…?” he remarked, catching onto that very quickly. “Did… did they explain, or at the very least say, why they did what they did…?” he continued, brows furrowing.

He’d tackle the part of who she was dating later—family first, after all.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 10:27:48 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Lars made sure to remind her that favoring a select few Pokémon wouldn’t do. She would only nod, she knew this and would do her best to avoid doing so.
[break][break]
And then the conversation turned dark. Lars was quick to notice what she said, even if she had done her best to mumble it incoherently. She didn’t want him to worry about her. She could handle herself, but still, if he found out she hadn’t told him. His reaction would surely have been worse.
[break][break]
“Oh, they didn’t even want to tell me. I had to hear it from another source.” She figured there was no need to out the fact that it had been what she considered a surrogate mom, that had told her, nor that in doing so said person had lost her livelihood. “The excuse they used was pretty much just because of the company I’ve been keeping and the things I’ve been doing.” She explained, though she didn’t want to admit it did affect her somewhat, though it was not the disowning which hurt the most, but those it had hurt in the process. She made all the efforts she could to not appear to be affected by it, but if anyone could look through the façade it would probably be Lars.
[break][break]
“I just think they got tired of trying to convert me to their marionette doll. I wasn’t about to let that happen, and I made that more and more obvious. So I suppose I pretty much pushed them to do it, no?” Yeah, she blamed herself, who else could she blame. Surely not the parents who neglected her and cut her off emotionally.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 13:02:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“They’re dumb to think that you’re still a young teenager, easily impressionable to their every whim,” he began with a slight breath, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

“My side didn’t turn out like that, however when shit hit the fan and Mom was found as a decapitated body in the Sootopolis crater lake sixteen years ago, I had suspicions that someone was behind all that,” he continued with a sigh as he grabbed another couple of caramel squares and chewed on them.

He let a few moments of silence pass before he continued speaking.

“Who are they to tell you what to do? You’re an Anderson, and we do whatever the fuck hell we want,” he growled.

For the first time, he felt proud that he had the surname.

Mostly because he was wise enough to distance himself from the old man and the real suspicious, shady shit that went down with the church.

Either way…

“Look, in the end all we have is each other. You, me, and the other cousins. We’re all in the same shit storm together, and I swear on the surname we share, that I am not going to fuck up the way our families did.”

He was pretty sure that Léanne would’ve shared the same sentiment…had she still been alive to meet her cousin. They would’ve been around the same age, or older… at least Elinor would’ve had someone to relate to, being a woman and all that.

“Blood is blood, you know that. And if there’s something I learned from nonna Oscuro—that’s my mom’s side of the family in Alto Mare—is that la famiglia sta sempre insieme, qualunque cosa accada, and with that he crossed his hands over the desk like a certain Rokubungi individual did, only without the glasses before breaking composure and giving her a half-smile.

“I meant, as a family we always watch out for each other, no matter what shit happens.”

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 13:30:38 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Elinor listened intensely to what Lars said. It was the first time in recent memory that he spoke about what had happened on his side of the family. Sure she had heard hushed whispers behind closed doors from her parents, but nothing which painted the picture that Lars now did. And so she sat there straight and almost elegantly, refraining from reaching for the Caramels again until Lars would’ve finished speaking.
[break][break]
While Lars did speak a fair bit about his own side, he made sure the focus was not on him but on them as a whole, as a family. Lars made sure to pull back to that main point as he continued. Stating that they could do whatever the hell they wanted. And when the words came from Lars she believed them.
[break][break]
A few more details about his side of the family were sprinkled alongside a message that she would take to heart. “Yeah, that’s right. You have my back, and I hope you know that I have yours too!” She said her voice stronger and more certain than before. Lars’s speech had helped with the weight of the guilt she’d been feeling. She was an Anderson after all. She didn’t need the praise of her parents to do what she wanted. She had never gotten it so far for what she enjoyed, why should she start caring about it.
[break][break]
“But thank you, Lars I think I needed to hear that.” She gave a small innocent chuckle. “I think I was actually about to convince myself that I was at fault when it was them that decided to burn the bridge.”

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 17:26:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You know, as they say, ‘let them eat their cake’,” he went on with a cackle. No, not a chuckle—a full-out, fucking-ass cackle.

Because now he could laser in on the other thing she’d mentioned.

“I also remember you mentioned something about seeing someone—if you’re alright with sharing, who are they? Is it someone I know?”

Of course he was going to ask the right way and not bend over like a gossiping drunkard. Family, after all.

(He’d made sure to clear out his entire afternoon just for Eli, after all.)

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON May 27, 2022 17:41:28 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

She joined in his laugh, though not quite as maniacal as his own. Yeah, he was right, they could eat their cake. And hopefully, they’d choke and die on it. Though she feared life wasn’t as rosy as she would’ve enjoyed it to be.
[break][break]
If only they could’ve stayed upon the matter of roasting her family just a bit more. Alas, Lars had the memory of an Alakazam. And so decided to pursue the topic of whom she was seeing.
[break][break]
Her face grew a bit tense. Now she hadn’t been able to find anything about Rangers dating other Rangers in the Ranger Handbook, though she wouldn’t count out that it might be mentioned in a small footnote which she skipped.
[break][break]
“Before I answer that question, I need to know, because I haven’t been able to find the topic in the Ranger’s Handbook. And you might very well guess why I am asking this. But, what’s the policy on dating between Rangers?” Her answer to the question would very well depend on Lars’s answer to the question.

@pharaohleap

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES