thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 8:45:11 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, no, i get that."[break][break]

lance often takes his upbringing for granted. to have been able to travel the region battling and competing from such a young age granted him experience he would've never gained. that, along with years working with the rangers has made him comfortable.[break][break]

comfortable enough to underestimate his enemies and overestimate his own abilities. it's what led to his "death" during the war, after all.[break][break]

not wanting to linger on negatives for too long, he holds up the wrapped box, offering it to her.[break][break]

"i got you something. brought it all the way from littleroot."[break][break]

should she accept and open it, she'd find a blue salvia perfectly preserved and encased in a glass case.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 23:18:36 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

he understands. they never talked about it - about his daughter. it's part of the reason why she thinks he left when he did. that maybe it was too much. questions she hasn't been able to ask, hasn't thought she could ask, because when people walk out of her life now, she expects it with a sort of finality. 

so she's wary, still a little guarded, as he raises the box between them. there is hesitation in the way she picks up her hand, but even that gets shrugged aside. curiosity gets the better of her and boy, is it worth it. 

her eyes light up at the gift and she gasps. salvias like these are only native to sinnoh. but of course he knows that, just as he knows the meaning behind its bell-shaped leaves. it's preserved, as well it should be, but she wishes she could smell it.

"i've been thinking of you too," she says shyly as she tucks the gift back into its box. 

"i know that i wasn't the best at communicating. you know how terrible i am with my phone. and my life is crazy right now. and we never really talked about what it was." she pauses. "but, lance, you just left."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 14:26:47 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

though he may not have shown it, he'd been anxious about his gift, worried that it might have been too much yet too little at the same time. is it enough make up for leaving as abruptly as he had? he knows it isn't — but it's a start.[break][break]

her words leave him smiling even at the end of it.[break][break]

"i know, and i'm sorry for leaving the way i did, but i did have my reasons if you'd like to hear them."[break][break]

he adds:[break][break]

"they have nothing to do with you, don't worry."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 3:17:02 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

she mulls over his words, looking down at the box in her hands. the lid's still off of it and the salvia glints beautifully in the mid-afternoon light. she doesn't have any reason not to trust him, but she's not sure she's ready to get set up for disappointment. 

maybe she's not ready for this. hell, maybe she's just not cut out to be someone's girlfriend. her shoulders sag a little, lips tilting down. and then back up, almost stubbornly. 

"your reasons are your own, lance. i trust you when you say it wasn't about me." she looks up then and, boldly, reaches to touch his wrist, curve her fingers around the palm of his hand. an invitation. 

"and i'll even let you take me out. you know, to make up for it," she says with a smile. 
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 9:20:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

her boldness pays off, however unexpected it might have been. he accepts her invitation, hand tilting to hold hers. whatever lingering worry fades away for now, replaced by warmth he's come to appreciate.[break][break]

"how kind of you."[break][break]

he responds with a smile.[break][break]

"how does next friday sound? i'll even make the trip all the way up here for you."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 0:28:46 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"next friday it is," she says as his fingers wrap around hers. it's a loose handhold, still a little awkward. the gaps in their 'whatever they had,' as willow so eloquently put it, still lingers between them. but still, this small act of intimacy makes her smile with anticipation. 

"i appreciate that. oh! you'll have to see what and i have been working on. the bee boxes are incredible. and the honey's sweet as can be." she cuts herself off before running her mouth the rest of the night. 

no need to rush this. and besides, she needs to take some time to think

"anyway, friday sounds good."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 8:33:28 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

the mention of and their bee boxes has him smiling like a kid. he's always had a fond appreciation of wildlife so he's been excited to find out just how far their project has gone.[break][break]

"friday sounds good."[break][break]

he echoes, but soon reverts back.[break][break]

"but i'm also free now and i'd love to see the bee boxes."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 23:55:21 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

or not. she hesitates, though only for a moment, before squeezing his hand in hers and walking around the front door. from inside, ophelia waves at her and she does so back. no doubt the girl's just finishing up now and is about to head out. willow usually sees her off, but it's not an everyday occurrence. 

so she's glad to bring lance around back. the tauros lift their heads at their approach, snorting and kicking at the dirt. her gardens have flourished this year, despite the oppressive heat, and much of it is due in part to the combee. 

the bees flit lazily about, trailing pollen wherever they go; willow's free-roaming grass-types scuttle around the flowers and soak up the late afternoon sun. 

the boxes themselves are a sight; the vespiquen and combee wasted no time in layering their own combs over the wooden structures. she approaches one of them and pulls down the ramp - slowly, so as not to startle anyone inside. 

"it's incredible watching them fit in through these slats here. you wouldn't think the vespiquen can do it. we were a little worried at first, but i trusted my dad's schematics and, well, 'course he was right." she steps up the ramp and then toes the wooden flooring.

"i wasn't expecting them to produce as much comb either. we have a surplus of everything. i'm still trying to figure out if i should start selling off the wax."

and then she stops, looking sheepish.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 8:09:27 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

he's glad he stayed and even more glad she decides to show him the gardens. he's mindful of his presence, demeanor more respectful as he follows after her before finally peering down at the boxes.[break][break]

it takes him a moment before he speaks again, genuine with his words as he comes down to eye level with the boxes.[break][break]

"willow, this is incredible."[break][break]

smiling, he tilts his head up briefly to find her gaze.[break][break]

"i gotta give props to as well. sounds like you two make a hell of a team."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2022 18:55:08 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

his approval makes her chuckle nervously. she opts to look anywhere but at him because his being here is making her feel jittery. the combee don't seem to mind willow's entrance into the hives, but when lance steps closer, some of the drones drift closer with a wary curiosity. 

"we do," she says as she steps back down and closes the hive again, if only to put the combee a little more at ease. with time, they'll grow comfortable with lance's presence. "we met doing some community clean-up and got to talking. and after a few days of construction and a couple weeks getting them situated to the hives...well, we couldn't be prouder."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:10:10 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"you have every reason to be."[break][break]

lance is both gentle and calculated as he greets the combee. he's spent enough time as a ranger working with the occasional beekeeper to understand what makes a combee tick, so he's confident they'll grow comfortable with his presence with time.[break][break]

for now, he's done enough.[break][break]

"are you selling their honey yet? i'd love to buy a few to bring back for the rangers."

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2022 15:22:48 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

"we are, actually!" again, poor ophelia has had more and more responsibilities dumped on her as of late. during her downtime at the shop, she's had to put dozens of stickers on mason jars so willow can bottle them up and sell them. "we'll swing by the shop on the way out."

the sun dips ever-lower and willow knows their time is nearing an end. "roman and adelaide should be home soon. i need to start dinner."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2022 4:17:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"i guess it's time for me to make my leave, then."[break][break]

but not without stopping to buy some of their honey. he makes it a point to buy at least six jars just to make it up to the lilycove rangers for leaving them temporarily.[break][break]

"i'll see you next friday?"

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,908 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
anticipate [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 8:27:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven