Will Battle For Food [social, o]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 9:36:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Elisha finds a place near the city's water fountain, and takes off his helmet, and shakes his hair back into shape. He slides off the back of his motorbike and leans it against a wall.

The square lulls him in by the noise of the fountain. An awareness once sharp turns to goo, and it takes a wild shake of the head to restore him.

A small shoulder roll dropped his backpack down to his forearms. He straightened his arms out the bag smacked the ground.

One day, the bag's contents would break, but he gave a shrug that said he would cross that bridge whenever he got to it.

He removed a collapsible sign that read:

WILL DO POKEMON BATTLES FOR FOOD

(it will be my first, of maybe many)

Propping it up on his bike, he just hoped that the sign was simple and silly enough to maybe catch someone's eye. But in the meantime, he flicked his phone open and scrolled over to his HSP emulator. The game he chose was one of his favorites. Oh-Gi-Yu: Arc V — Force Tag Special.

@tba

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 21:32:52 GMT
noah faber Avatar
noah is no unfamiliar sight to rustboro. embraced by old stones, he, like the people of this industrial heart, find solace as they walk through the shadows cast by towering gneiss and mineral.

as he slips into sunlight, noah is stopped by the most curious sign.

he walks up to elisha with a wave of his hand.

"hey man. i can get you some food right from the get go if you want." noah unclasps a pokeball from his holster. "but if you want a battle, i can offer that as an appetizer... are you good though? like, you're not starving or anything?"

\o/

@elisha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 1:36:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Unusual things dominated Elisha's history, from his earliest memory up to the current date. A playground swing of surprise that always found a way. And so the sweet chariot swung low once more, mounted by an appetizer joke. Easily top 10, he knew.

There were many stupid things that teased his tongue, little feather flicks that he ignored. The effort to save his giggle for a better joke formulated his expression ("formulated", because his expression now probably looks just like the word sounds), and a snappy head shake defines his response.

Crouching, searching through his bag, Elisha says: "I have an A-muk—" he tapped the pokeball to palm size, opened it—"a slowbro—" repeat—"a durant." Muk stared at the stranger, blobbing as he often did. Slowbro examined its own busy hands. Durant, battle ready, would feel like a mass of pent up energy waiting to explode if the stranger could notice such things.

Pulling the bag open, Elisha turned it, allowing the newcomer to see the wealth of food stuffs inside it. "If it helps. But thank you. Would you like it in singles or in doubles? And which one do you wanna fight first?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2022 5:44:07 GMT
noah faber Avatar
noah rolls his arm around in its joint, stretching to warm his body. as he watches his opponent cycle through his roster, the gym leader is decisive with his choice.

the ball expands like a kernel exploding. out from the celebratory expansion, a combusken lands on the street.

"let's do singles. keep the battle confined since we're in a public space."

noah pats his combusken on the shoulder as it caws.

"you can pick your pokemon, man. only fair since i'm a gym leader."

\o/

@elisha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2022 7:43:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He glared up at the stranger from his crouched position, statued gaze shrinking to a curious squint. His lips briefly formed into an "o", but he sealed them just as fast as it happened. He knew enough to not look too surprised. "My guess would not have gone that way. But it makes sense. Your words are a patron's shimmer."

Two red lasers found their mark, accompanied by an apology to durant. Only muk remained, rolling after Elisha, collecting gunk as the two put a fair amount of distance between themselves and their opponents. Elisha tapped his phone to life again — a quick internet search, and then: "Noah, it says? You can call me Ish. Or Eli, if you like."

He told Muk to stand firm. The creature looked back at him, more timid than anything. Fighting wild pokemon was different. It was life. None of them viewed themselves as a team, but rather as a pack. Yet Elisha insisted that muk look ahead, adding that Noah had something that they had to match, a curious something that went beyond his patron's shimmer.

If they failed, chances were that Noah wouldn't enjoy the battle. They had to act like they'd been here before. "Face our disadvantage and overcome. Hit him hard. GUNK SHOT."

- a regular spray and pray gunk shot

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 8:34:06 GMT
noah faber Avatar
Ish. Eli. Noah does not know what to make of the names—but a tickling grin betrays his amusement of the first moniker.

"Okay, Ish!" Noah moves back, and so does the small enclosure made by the gathering public. "Show me what you got!"

Noah shouts his command: BOUNCE.

The Combusken cries as it leaps, its small beak gasping as the GUNK SHOT sprays onto the floor. Some of the poison manages to spatter on its feet, singing them.

From the air, the Combusken angles its legs like paired arrows. Despite the pain, the claws are poised to land on the multi-colored Pokemon's head.

\o/

@elisha

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2022 0:03:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: