awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 21:27:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The last time that Memo had been around the Sanctuary, it… it wasn’t exactly one of the best times to be around Alexei.

So in order to make up for that huge-ass gaff he’d made (basically making a fool out of himself in front of the other with very little to almost no context whatsoever), this time he was the one who invited the other over—

And explicitly in the message he sent, it said,

‘You can have all of your Pokémon run around the Sanctuary. It’s a thing we have here, free roam… like, everyone’s Pokémon is free to be at home with nature, as long as they work here.’

Well, all Pokémon were allowed to roam free except for one particular troublemaker.

(And no, it wasn’t the Wooloo herd, this was someone else entirely.)

So Alexei was currently busy in the kitchen in his flat on the grounds; since this time he was the host so he was determined to show the other what he could… what he could make.

(Even if most of it was just diner-style food, he could still make a mean batch of macarons…)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 16:06:50 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo had been saving his quickest and tastiest baked goods for just such an occasion.

Well, not the letting everyone have a punt around the park thing. That was a lot of bodies and a lot of chaos that made him nervous. A lot of his small horde were little monsters-- Oona and Acero, mostly, but also Hydra, who was Large and Incredibly Dangerous when peeved. Which was always. Hydra was always peeved.

Weeeeeell, he texted back, maybe not *everyone*. But I’ll definitely be there.

So he whipped up a batch of his favorite guava-strawberry-mint lemonade and a small tray of citron tarts and gathered up his ne’er-do-wells and shipped off-- on Puck, this time, who was a less angry flier than Acero, but also more prone to distraction.

His Togekiss also had less of a negative connotation than his Skarmory so he had Puck drop him off right at Alexei’s front door, which he knocked on, this time, as opposed to spiriting the lock open using Shivani’s intangible wall-crawling powers. He had one of those big plastic Brita pitchers in one hand full of fuschia lemonade and a tinfoil wrapped tray of tarts in the other.

In tow were most of his younger brood: Besa the Sandshrew; Ovejita, naturally; his other sheep, Atalys; the Shaymin he and Alexei had worked so hard for, little Espina; and Silas, his Corsola, who literally never got out. For soon to be obvious reasons.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 20:57:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thank the hell he’d gone on another supply run so the fridge was appropriately stocked. Thank the unholy circles of hell he had the foresight to do his grocery run earlier in the week before deciding on the fly to invite—

Wait, what were they anyway, him and Memo? Friends? More than friends? Friends with benefits?!

That was more than enough to melt his poor brain, but thank fuck he was almost done with the carbonara—and just in case the other didn’t like the Alto Marean-style dish he’d made, there was a nice cacio e pepe ready to be thrown down and out just in case.

Primarily, though, the air smelled of deep-friend potato croquettes with bacon and cheese filling, along with a hastily-cobbled together corn salad that he’d searched frantically for at the last second (thank fuck he had all the ingredients) and—

Of course, remaining on brand with the utter gayness of everything—

Rainbow macarons.

His absolute crème dela crème.

Anyway—

The moment the knock echoed on the door, several white clouds of Wooloo began to make a hasty dash for it—William and Smokey, for one.

Along with Ovejita’s twin sister (who he still hadn’t picked a name for, alas, can you blame the man) and… surprisingly—

A cute little hedgehog that looked quite like a Turtwig, but at the same time not quite so.

(Oh, no, it was time for cupine shenanigans!)

“Coming!” he shouted as he quickly fished out the last of the cacio e pepe and made a mad dash for the door, very nearly tripping over the Wooloos that were crowding the door like it was nobody’s business—

“William, what in the hell—shoo!” he shouted as he struggled to unlock the door, before being met with—

“H-hi,” he stammered, his face just going all red again.

Typical Alex.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 0:23:24 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Technically, fellow omniscient narrator, they weren’t friends with benefits, as of yet, because they hadn’t cashed in on any of those said benefits.

In any case, Memo could peg the scent of cooking cheese at a thousand yards and his stomach immediately began to rumble. In his haste-- or, rather, the leisurely and methodical way he approached getting himself dressed-- he’d forgotten to eat anything.

His nerves melted away the instant he heard the gentle hoofsteps on the opposite side of the door, followed by Alexei’s voice, then not-so-gentle hoofsteps, a bang, something ratlling the doorknob, a curse word, and then, finally, Alexei’s face, already reddening around the ears and down along the apples of his cheeks.

“Hello, handsome,” Memo said, holding out his own edible offerings. “What’d you make? Do you need any help?” He stepped in the door and said hello to Smokey and the baby, then set the lemonade on a nearby table and scooped Will up around the middle with one arm, lifting him upside-down and causing him to bleat merrily. “C’mere, you. I hear you causing trouble.” The crown tumbled downards and Memo caught it through the middle around his foot (thank you, years of football-- er, soccer? Is that what they call it here?) and then set the little sheep back down again, flipped the crown up, caught it, and replaced it on his head.

Okay, he was showing off a bit, but they only weighed, like, 13 pounds. Ovejita was probably 10.

“Oh, this one’s new,” Memo said, pointing at a Wooloo who appeared to be two colors, like dirty cotton. He stooped down to gently pet the Shaymin without taking his eyes off the dual-toned Wooloo. His brain immediately went to the impossible, and he looked from Smokey to Will and back again.

No.

Impossible.

“How’d that happen?”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 2:05:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I—made a lot of things. Figured, you might not like one of the dishes so I made two…” he began, blush still spreading ferociously around his features like a full-on fucking tomato.

Djinni, why was he turning red?! He was just having a friend over!

(Wait, no, his brain seemed to suggest something else… entirely. Wait, wait, hold the fuck up!)

“If you smell cheese, well, you’re not wrong there… I made—these,” he remarked as he gestured over at the counter closest to the kitchen where several dishes had already been assembled.

“Carbonara—and no, not the hilarious Unovan version, but the fucking-ass, real deal, Alto Marean version that doesn’t have any heavy cream, or bacon, or green peas, or garlic in it,” he began, rattling off the food he’d made.

“If you don’t like that, then there’s cacio e pepe—give it a taste it’s delicious despite being so simple and plain—and then of course there’s the potato croquettes. With melted cheese and bacon stuffed inside,” he continued.

Damn, that experience working as part of the café crew back then really did wonders in the kitchen. Some at least.

“And then of course there’s some corn salad… nothing too fancy, I know, but it’s there… and macarons. Rainbow-themed macarons.”

…was this a carbs on carbs overload?!

He heard the #1 shit disturber bleating ever so happily, being physically picked up by Memo himself and spun around (albeit losing the crown in the process) before he was set back down on the floor, crown now terribly askew on one side of his head, before just parking his ass where he’d been set down.

And then, the question.

“How’d what happen?” he remarked idly, taking the time to grab two glasses from a nearby cupboard and handing one of them to Memo.

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 10:53:20 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Sounds like you’ve been busy,” Memo said, grinning. “It all sounds delicious. I shall have a bit of everything, I think.” His voice lapsed briefly into that pompous, posh Galarian accent that always suggested an educated individual of wealth. “The rainbow macarons are a nice touch.” Also, his whole family went feral for elote, so that was awesome. “This is great. Well done, love.”

He accepted the glass with a nod of thanks and directed his attention back to the off-colored Wooloo. “The-- the one with the smudgy edges. This one.” He pointed to the lamb in specific, with white fleece turning black around its outline. “What’s the story?”

His homegrown, well-beaten-into-him manners held out and he waited for Alexei to make a plate before he helped himself. He did swipe a macaron, though.

“‘S very good,” he confirmed enthusiastically, covering his mouth to speak. Though he did see a carb-nap in his future. Ideally, one that included a cuddle.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:31:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the sound of Memo’s Galarian accent, he very nearly spat out the mouthful of lemonade he’d taken a sip of (after pouring himself a serving, of course).

“That—don’t do that accent,” he managed to choke out once he’d swallowed the sip. “Sounds unnatural, comin’ from ya,” he added as he let his own distinctly Unovan accent bleed through, wondering if the other would pick up on it.

“Of course I make some of the best macarons this side of Hoenn, you questioning my talent?” he continued, eyebrow raised as he placed the glass down and made to grab a couple of plates and utensils for them so they could get cracking on the food.

He left shortly, but eventually returned with two plates and two sets of cutlery, dividing them between the both of themselves before reaching for a heaping serving of carbonara.

Look, the man’s hungry, okay?! Let him eat!

At the mention of the smudgy-wooled Wooloo, he then felt like a defendant put on the spot in a criminall trial with full court jury presiding.

“Oh, him? Well… I, uh…” he trailed off, before the smudgy Wooloo (who unfortunately happened to be Smokey’s biological son) looked over at him and then yowled.

The fucking Wooloo yowled his way.

“Yeah. Prissy little…” he trailed off, giving the shiny Wooloo a dirty look.

“Ask Smokey.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:43:06 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Memo laughed, a genuine, deep one that started brewing in his chest and bubbled through him like sunshine. Or tea, to stay along the Galarian theme. “What, you don’t like a bit of posh?” he asked, grinning. “I’m too roughshod for that, anyhow.” And not well educated enough, but who was, these days?

“That’s not fair, your accent sounds hot,” he said, a faux-whine creeping up through his voice. “Mine just sounds like bad television.”

He placed a hand on his chest, feigning injury “I would never question your baking ability,” he said, taking another off the plate as though to illustrate. When Alexei left the room, Memo broke the top cookie in half, splitting it with Will, then shoving the rest in his own face.

Once Alex had fixed himself a plate Memo went to town, grabbing a heaping helping of everything and balancing a precarious tower of pasta and elote as he looked for a seat. Settling in, he did what Alexei suggested, and turned a what-did-you-do glare on Smokey.

“Well?” he asked. “What did you do?”

As if he could talk back.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:51:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It sounds so strange coming from you!” he wheezed as he began shoveling carbonara to feed himself; look, he was a man on a mission a hangry mission and wanted to eat!

“Well excuse me,” he continued, dragging out his pronunciation, “…my accent, at its worst, sounds like some poor housewife’s ex-husband left out in the rain because she got tired of ‘im an’ she dumped his unfaithful ass somewhere!”

Oh, so were they going to have a battle of the terrible sitcom accents now?

While he kept himself busy, the shiny Wooloo then looked over at Memo for all of 0.5 seconds before looking away, embarrassed.

There was a very healthy blush on the shiny Wooloo’s face, since Smokey had been caught red-handed. William could only look at his partner in confusion.

‘Baa?!’

‘Baa…’

Alexei then grabbed some more carbonara and continued to feed himself while he was watching the two OG Wooloo try to explain this consternation of a yowling kid to their…

To their…

Holy shit, what were they, really?! Were they more than friends at this point?!

I mean, they already fucking KISSED, but that was just one time. One time!

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 0:07:22 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

It was very interesting watching the two Wooloo communicate without discernable language. Smokey definitely looked the fool, slightly ashamed. Memo pointed with his fork.

“There’s your husband left out in the rain,” he said, tuning into the drama a bit but also trying to lighten the mood. He shrugged between bites. “It’s just another kiddo to add to your collection. Though I do think you have a bit of a problem, love.” He grinned to show he was joking, even as they were being swarmed by Wooloo.

He fished for Ovejita’s Pokeball and added his own to the mix, the little lamb surrounded by others of her own kind. Her eyes went a little wide and then she baa’d in excitement, jumping up and down as though she couldn’t contain herself.

Though the question of what they were-- he and Alexei, not the two sheep-- was a good one. They had kissed, albeit briefly, and this was their second dinner date (could he call it a dinner date?). There was, however, irrefutable evidence that they were co-parents-- the evidence herself was currently nudging at Alexei’s thigh, begging for treats-- and what the heck. They had pet-names, they were going on a most-likely-dangerous adventure together, hell, Alexei had bled all over him that one time--

What the heck.

“So what’s the occasion?” Memo finally asked, forcing himself from his thoughts. He nodded down at the delicious spread of food. “Is it someone’s birthday, or a secret Unovan holiday I’m missing?”

He was, like, asking without actually asking.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 0:18:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The shiny Wooloo couldn’t look at William, because holy shit—

Busted.

William walked over to the ‘yowler’, sniffing the air around him a bit, before returning over to Smokey and this time actually whacking the shiny Wooloo with those long gray extensions that hung down from their ears.

‘Baa?!’

‘…Baa…’

“Well, Smokey, jig’s up, who the fuck did you canoodle with at the Daycare?” Alexei asked the shiny Wooloo, to which the Pokémon in question couldn’t answer.

Caught red-handed, indeed…

The little crown jingled on William’s head as the two Wooloo continued to communicate in bleating noises before—in a sudden role reversal—William was the one who grabbed Smokey by the ear and tugged the other Wooloo off somewhere.

Ooh, shit.

“Uh-oh,” he mused from his plate, grabbing for himself another serving of the pasta he’d made before looking over at Memo himself. At least he wasn’t caught off-guard by the question this time.

“My birthday’s not even until December,” he began with a chuckle as he twirled more pasta around the fork. “Is it wrong, to like, invite you over and eat with me? Just because I want to?”

Like, that was normal, right?

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 0:54:48 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

Guillermo at least had the grace to cover his mouth when he scoffed.

“At the daycare?!” He said, with all the travesty and scandal he could muster. “For shame.” It looked like not all was domestic bliss within the house-hold.

He looked after the two troublesome sheep with the barest hint of a smile. “You know,” he said, drawing his fork across his quickly emptying plate, “it is kinda nice to see them in the drama instead of us.”

He made a mental note of Alexei’s birthday being in December and tilted his head, looking all innocent.

“It’s not wrong,” he said, letting the sentence drop. He didn’t know what he was going to say next.

They had kissed. They had cuddled. They’d shared a bed! If there was an ‘Are You In A Relationship?’ form out there, they were rapidly checking boxes. Except, Memo had never actually been in one before, ever.

So did he really know what he was doing?

Nah, not really.

“Everything is really good,” he said, helping himself to a third macaron. “Exquisite. Thank you.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:16:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yeah, for shame—that was when I was apparently handed that little yowling one, after I dropped Smokey off at the Daycare and picked him up eventually,” he mused. Who in the hell did the shiny Wooloo butt heads with, that had caused his partner to become upset at him?!

Maybe they would never know. Which was a shame, really.

Hilariously, the corn salad was—

“Did you get all the corn salad?” he asked the other, pointing the fork his way. “You were eyeing it like a feral animal earlier…”

The Wooloo had since scattered, leaving the not-quite-a-Turtwig to wander around, sniffing the entire place down and accidentally bumping their (her?) snout into Memo’s leg. Because he smelled of something familiar, too…

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 1:50:09 GMT
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Corn salad,” Memo said, doing his best impersonation of Alexei’s Unovan accent, though a touch more nasally than natural. “It’s called elote. Ell-low-tey. But usually it’s kept on the cob.” He snickered. “And yes, I ate it all. It was delicious.”

He had started gathering up dishes and decided he would absolutely be doing them, thank you, when he noticed the little Shaymin nudging at his leg. With a grin he released his own version of the hedgehog, Espino, who touched snouts with Alexei’s Shaymin. Memo gave them a piece of macaron to split and they gleefully went to munching away like kids at a picnic.

It was a lovely, gentle, quiet moment that reminded him of when they’d been on that island, him sprinting across the bridge made of flowers and Alexei flying over him, watching to make sure he didn’t fall.

“Let me get your plates, love,” Memo said, going back to gathering up all the used dishware and heading for the sink. He had decided he was too happy to continue pressing the What Is This subject for the night. Whatever it was, it made him happy, and that was what was important.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
open roam [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:19:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You didn’t even leave me any,” he whined, but quietly. Well, at least he knew one recipe was a massive success, and would therefore take note of it for future reference.

“Aww, lookie at ‘em, they’re so cute together!” Alexei gushed over the two cupines—yes, the very same ones that they’d ended up fighting in that aerial island floating in the sky. How time flies.

His Shaymin poked the other Shaymin’s snout with a cute face, before taking a dainty little bite of the rainbow-colored macaron that Memo had snuck for them to—

“Are you sure they can have sweets?” he asked once his empty dish was whisked away by the other, off to the kitchen area to be cleaned—

And he didn’t even ask, Memo just went and grabbed the cutlery and was at the sink!

The scene would’ve been perfect—too perfect.

It was… bliss.