forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2022 4:45:54 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel makes his way through the doors of the laboratory, head slowly turning left and right as he inspects the space.
[Break][break]
it was apparent she had made this place her own, judging by work that was sprawled over stainless steel counters. he approaches one, giving it a cursory glance. the words 'creation trio' stand out, but nothing more.
[Break][break]
finally he's pulled from his meandering by a presence making itself known. he turns towards them, eyebrow raised.
[Break][break]
"dr. reyes. we meet once more."

[attr="class","notes"][break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2022 21:28:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she returns to her lab after a quick snack break to find... a person.

her body slides to a stop and the golurks behind her rumble low warnings.

realistically, she shouldn't be surprised. people come to the lab for various reasons constantly. it's just... she's been on edge since her return and the paranoia won't bleed out of her body. it's long since festered, from the time in sea!hoenn to the damp cold of rocket's cells and finally here, in the own confines of her workspace.

the man turns and with the movement comes recognition. her skin crawls less as a result.

"councilman," she murmurs. her golurks go from rumbling to cooing and she steps forward to find her shed lab coat. the scar along her back ripples like water in the too-bright lighting.

"what can i do for you?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2022 13:08:48 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
gabriel glances at the ancient golem with an air of nonchalance. rarely did he ever find something as large, or larger, than himself. naturally his eyes flitted to it first, then to illeana.
[Break][break]
"between the meteor and dimensional incursions, the league has placed a great deal on the shoulders of their scientists." that came as an understatement, considering the consequences of failure.
[Break][break]
"i'm here to see the results of your labor.

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 1:18:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]gods from the machine... her golurks stare back at the councilman. there's a curiousness to them. it makes them hover a little too close between the two warm bodies, torn over which one to pay more attention to.

"that's a bit of an understatement," she murmurs. it lacks bite but the concept still breathes within syllables. she can't speak for but she's exhausted, truthfully.

the punches never quite stop coming, do they?

"what labor are you referring to, exactly?" her eyes dart toward him while her hands reach for the familiar fabric of a lab coat. slipping it on is easy and when it settles, so do her nerves. "the league's requested labor? i doubt you're interested in my personal endeavors." or the lengths she's been going to for dreams to become reality...

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 4:34:29 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
like a professional, he tosses the golurk from his mind; it's a thickly rounded presence in his peripheral, but nothing more.
[break][break]
"officially? i'm here for an update on the work you're providing the league. however, i've cleared my schedule for the day in anticipation of this meeting, so what you wish to speak about on your personal endeavors — i will listen to those as well."
[break][break]
his gaze turns from her, and onto the scattered work on the table.
[break][break]
"how go setting up the crystals?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 0:53:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]cleared his schedule... to listen to her ramble on about science? surprising, to say the least.

"oh," she murmurs. her hands rise, smooth over creases in her skirt, and return to her sides. "whatever you'd like to discuss, sir. you are the boss, correct?"

well, as much of her boss as the rest of the council, anyway.

the question of the crystals causes her to still, cogs in a machine getting stuck mid rotation. her plans don't align with the league's... not in the slightest. they're selfish, tinged with so much greed they're forever stained green.

"well, i think," she offers. it's noncommittal at best but she shifts along to the next topic without lingering for too long. "we've begun collecting samples from distortion pokemon as well."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 0:54:10 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he'd spent nearly twenty years, if not longer, as 'the boss'. it wasn't simply a title any longer but a way of life. therefore when she mentions it, he barely gives it a second thought. he was the boss. at least, in some regards.
[break][break]
"i see." he'd heard inklings of these experiments with distortion pokemon, but admittedly knew little. "any results promising?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 1:18:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums.

were there any results? none that made sense, truthfully...

"on a genetic level, some are variants of pokemon we haven't seen before." their dna structure is similar yet different. older, perhaps. it's an odd thing she hasn't come across in her years in her field.

a sigh escapes.

"others are, well, new creatures?" her brow creases slightly into a more perplexed state. "the samples from those don't quite match any i have record of."

and the distortions, themselves, are another entity entirely.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 2:10:29 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"hm."
[break][break]
he suspected that the scientists under the employ of the league had expected these results. or, judging by the perplexed brow, most of the results.
[break][break]
"and how does the samples taken compare to the likes of a regular pokemon to their regional variants? creatures like vulpix, sandslash, etc? "

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 2:19:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the results themselves are, well, odd.

they're expected yet not. they exist in a realm she doesn't understand, doesn't know. and it bothers her to no end.

"they're similar," she murmurs. does she grab the papers to show the analysis? would he understand them? her golurks rumble softly, observing the conversation.

"every pokemon has a different genetic structure but regional variants tend to have one or two hydrogen bonds in their chromosomes that change the appearances, types, etcetera. the genotypes are similar to the variants we currently know of but..."

how does she say it?

"i've never seen these genetic differences. they don't match any record we currently have."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:57:25 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
while the specifics escape him, gabriel understands the gist of it. he was no man of science, but he was willing in the effort to learn. in due time, he tells himself.
[break][break]
"have we compared these samples with the pokemon we've captured during the portal incursions?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 23:56:31 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows.

the samples, when compared to others of their kind, are difficult in ways she can't quite describe.

"yes," she murmurs. she shifts to grab the analysis folder, to provide him with reports of her findings. beneath the fluorescent glow of lab lights, her back scar seems to crawl with life across her skin.

"i had a pokemon of my own change in one of these distortions." the file is extended for him to take and glance over as he sees fit. "my zorua became... different than before. the dna samples taken from both this zorua and another are different in what i can only understand as a regional variant but that brings me to ask what region that could be?"

is it even a region or is it something else entirely?

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 15:51:14 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
he makes a mental note of her question, tabling it for now. he didn't need to task her in pursuing that train of thought - she was already well on her way.
[Break][break]
lifting up a paper, he holds it up for her to see. it was a photocopy of a type of ruins; old hieroglyphics above a singular image: palkia.
[Break][break]
"speak to me of this, dr. reyes."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,118 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eye for details
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2022 22:35:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]truthfully, she expected the question to come sooner or later.

her lab is littered with evidence of her personal research. open tomes, packets of mythology papers, maps of sinnoh and mt coronet... even her notebooks are cracked open to pages detailing her current hunt.

and it all leads back to one thing: the god pictured on the paper he holds.

her face remains neutral, tightening slightly at the seams. how much of this is she allowed to do? at what point does her research turn into neglecting her duties?

"the god of space," she murmurs. her eyes don't stray to gauge his reaction. no, they stay focused on the picture, on the prize she hunts. "my personal research is centered around locating palkia as i believe it is somewhere in hoenn at the moment."

what more can she say? her current tests have come up... well, as failures.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
eye for details
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 1:53:46 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
"Mm." it comes out as a deep rumble in his chest, vibrating like a far off earthquake. gabriel places the paper gently, too gently, down back onto the table.
[break][break]
"palkia." he says the god's name in a strained tone, as if he was atlas, holding the world up on his back. gabriel lifts his brow to gaze back into the scientist's eyes, an anger settling into them like burning coals. his voice comes out even, seething but not yet ready to explode, grating as if gabriel was on the verge of losing it entirely.
[break][break]
"this creature was what you sought, when you opened the dimensional rift?"