awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
SPARK ANOTHER ONE [m][past]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2022 17:49:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The question catches him off-guard, and he very nearly dropped the round Pokémon out of surprise.

“Wha—fuck, d-d-don’t scare me like that, he said quietly, flicking away one of the parasites that was doing a number on this poor dual-type he held in his hands like a precariously-balanced bowling ball.

“It’s…just that…” he trailed off, cringing for a few seconds as he plucked another one of the little icky ‘slug’ things before flicking them away.

“…I’m not the best to be around bugs. Bug-types, and even these little things,” he continued, never mind that his hands were trembling as he quickly plucked another offending parasite away from the Spheal and flicked it as far away as he possibly could.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2022 18:56:23 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2top"]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

if not for the fact that they were friends, ollie may have burst into laughter. was many things, but a fearful person did not seem to be one of those things — especially not with bugs.

[break][break] but they were friends, and even ollie could see that this was somewhat of a serious topic.

[break][break] "these little guys?" he says, reaching over to the dual-type in the other's grip. he plucks a slug off, wriggling in the air, and then flicks it into the ocean. "c'mon lars, you're better than that."

[break][break] his gaze twinkles, bemused. ollie reaches over to the other to grab the spheal in his grip, removing the remaining bugs, and then allows the pokemon to roll into the sea. "there! all done."

[break][break] as the splash resonates through the cave, ollie turns to him.

[break][break] "you told me a secret, i can tell you one too if you want."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
commitment: act ii
[break]

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 6:40:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“L-l-let’s just say… put it down to a bad experience when I was… younger,” he hissed quietly as mercifully, thankfully, the Spheal was taken by the other and rid of the parasites before it rolled off to join the rest of its companions.

“Fuckin’ Sp-sp-sp-sp-spi… Spinarak,” he continued through gritted teeth, taking a sharp inhale before continuing, “…landed in my mouth as a kid… and it was one of the teeny-tiny baby ones, too. F-f-f-f-fuck…” he added with a visible shudder.

“It’s… kinda why… when there are bugs… involved? In anything? I nope out as fast as possible.”

Agh.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 6:59:59 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

his eyes widen as tells his story, and the ranger can't help himself this time. he bursts into laughter.

[break][break] "in your mouth?"

[break][break] he chortles, leaning over his knees to laugh into the empty basin in front of them. there aren't any more spheals that are in need of their help, which means that ollie doesn't have to be worried about being professional. the only spheal that remain are either lounging about or eying the pair oddly; neither of which brings the boy concern.

[break][break] "that's crazy, dude." he slaps the other on the back goodnaturedly.

[break][break] "a good reason to hate bugs, though," he says, once he's able to catch his breath. "one time my brother knocked me into a pile of miltank dung when were racing on the farm." his face scrunches up. "definitely was a nasty experience."

[break][break] his gaze glimmers as he turns to him.

[break][break] "was it crunchy?"

[break]

[newclass=".oliver2"]--accent:#FFB546; } .oliver2 { font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; } .oliver2 b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .oliver2 i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; } .oliver2 .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; font:10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; } .oliver2 .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .oliver2 img { filter:grayscale(10%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2 .ooc img] background:transparent; float:none; border:none; box-shadow:none; padding:0px; margin:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oliver2top"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;background-color:#FFB546;height:40px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 7:14:35 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’d rather take the dung than the sp-sp-sp-spider in my mouth!” he remarked, his forehead furrowing as he watched Ollie just break out into a fit of laughter.

Maybe he shouldn’t have told him that…! Geez.

“L-l-l-l-laugh all you want, but ugh, that’s what put me off from sleeping in trees… because wh-wh-what if a fucking bug drops into my mouth again?!” he went on, reaching over to noogie the other guy.

“And no, it was absolutely not crunchy,” he continued as he ran his tongue inside his mouth, scraping it clean of the experience (as he did whenever he remembered that fucking nightmare of an experience).

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 7:34:17 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oliver2"]

even outburst is not enough to stop ollie from doubling over, as he clutches his chest, his laughter ringing through the hollow cavern.

[break][break] "i'll definitely remember that when i take you back home to pa's farm." he grins wholeheartedly at his friend; even if he doesn't actually intend to knock him into the miltank patch, a good dose of healthy fear never hurt anyone. "just watch, lars, you're gonna rue —"

[break][break] before he can say much, however, the other cadet reaches for him and noogies him. there's something familiar and easy in the grip, as ollie is reminded once again of his family. something warm bursts in his chest as he lets himself be manhandled, and he laughs again, if only to ignore the bursting feeling in his chest. "don't worry bud, next time we go sleeping in trees i'll take the night shift so you don't have to worry about the spiders in your mouth."

[break][break] when he's released, ollie leaps to his feet and offers a hand out so he can pull the other up too.

[break][break] "well good to know. 'cause we definitely gotta include that in the mission report."

[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 8:27:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Hey, what the hell! That’s supposed to be private!” he yowled, reaching over for another noogie.

“Geez, there’s a reason why secrets are supposed to be, y’know, secret,” he added with a bit of a huff. Either way, though, he was relieved once the other Spheal continued to sunbathe in the little alcove, before he thought he heard something.

“Hey… is it close to high tide…?” he asked the other, looking down just to check they weren’t going to get flooded out of the cavern. If his calculations were right, high tide and low tide in Shoal Cave came in the passage of several hours, so…

“We better get the hell out of here, soon, the tide’s coming in,” he remarked as he pulled at the other so that they could get started back on their hike out of the cavern.

At least they got their job done!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2022 6:29:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: