she/her
June 15
Pacifidlog Town
Bisexual
Ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adriana
Adriana Delmar
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 15:05:22 GMT
Adriana Delmar Avatar
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Adriana wipes her brow, the sweat beading on her skin from the beating sun overhead. She squints, looking up at it, feeling the unusual heat. Sure, Hoenn had seen some weird weather recently, but this wasn’t natural. This was a Pokémon-caused Sunny Day, and by the intensity of the sun, it seemed like it wasn’t just one that was causing this.[break]

Her Vaporeon is by her side, the water type occasionally shooting a light mist of water over the Ranger as they walk through the heat, keeping them cool. Dehydration limits her decision-making, and keeping herself cool is the key to success on this mission. [break]

She needs to stop this before they get any closer to the water and start drying up the habitats of the Pokémon. When the Ranger Union posted this mission, she jumped at the opportunity, desperate to shut down this new threat to the region. [break]

Mt. Pyre looms over them, always visible from their position on Route 123 and she recalls the disaster there a few months ago, all the damage and destruction that that had caused. She’d taken some time after that, focusing on smaller conservation and education missions instead of pursuing these larger, more dangerous missions. She won’t fail like last time. She won’t let what happened to those poor Pokémon happen again. [break]

She turns to her partner, a newer cadet. “Alright. It looks like we’ve almost found them. Are you ready? Need any water or anything before we get in closer?”

[attr="class","rigidnotes"]

@amelia

Mission: Gaining Groudon (BWS)

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #78c5dc; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #78c5dc; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #78c5dc; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #78c5dc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #78c5dc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #78c5dc; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #78c5dc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #78c5dc; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 17:37:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As horrible as the circumstances were, today was special. It was Amelia’s first proper mission as a full fledged cadet. Not as a simple Rookie, but as a real Ranger!

Maybe, now, wasn’t the best time to celebrate that fact, though. Thanks to recent events that Amelia had not been briefed on, but had gathered some information through the news. Something about infinite energy? She wasn’t fully sure.

But, as always, in crisis situations. Certain people rise up in the worst possible way. To take advantage and to cause trouble for things they thought noble or truthful. While Amelia admired following your dreams, just not when it was to cause trouble for everyone else or the planet around us.

As such, Amelia found herself on Route 123. The mountainous heights of Mount Pyre visible behind them. She was dressed as usual in her R-Suit. The special suit built for her adventures as a Ranger, providing her small advantages and assistance in her missions.

She had been partnered with an older and more experienced ranger, a girl named Adriana and her Vaporeon, who was providing light mists of water, protecting them from the overwhelming sun.

Oh, right. I hadn’t finished my thought. There was a load of lunatics using their Pokemon’s Sunny Day move to dry up the land for some reason. This overuse had caused mass drought and the rising heat of the sun.

“Phew. I’ll be fine, for now.”
Amelia said, smiling at her partner. “Rotom, give me a heat update?”

“Current Heat. Current Heat. 36° Celsius, or 96.8° and rising.” The robotic voice of her Rotom said, as the emoticon-like face appeared across the visor, which had begun to steam up in the high temperature.

"That's just great. Well, I’m ready whenever you are!” Amelia said, standing up and readying herself for whatever came next.

close tab

played by

Hazel

she/her
June 15
Pacifidlog Town
Bisexual
Ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adriana
Adriana Delmar
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 2:40:30 GMT
Adriana Delmar Avatar
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

She smiles at the rookie’s enthusiasm, thankful that she at least got someone who was easy to work with. Most Rangers are, as it takes a certain type to fulfill the duties required of the position, but on occasion she’d found herself paired with someone who was absolutely insufferable to work with. “Alright. Let’s go then! Stay on my heels.” [break]

But not Amelia. She’d been great so far, her and that suit of hers, and she wipes the sweat off of herself again as the Rotom inside it read out the temperatures. Growing up in the tropics of Hoenn she’s used to hot and humid days, but the sun beating down creates a dry heat that seems to suck all the moisture out of the air and only get hotter the further they walk. [break]

Adriana begins to hear voices coming from around the next bend and turns to Amelia, putting a finger to her lips before creeping closer, poking her head over a bush to see what’s happening. [break]

Several cultists stand in a circle, each with a Pokemon in front of them with Sunny Day or Drought. The ground underneath them is scorched, no sign of plant or Pokemon life in a wide radius around them. The cultists themselves are glistening with sweat, obviously being affected by the heat. [break]

A Linoone stumbles out of the brush, looking to be on the verge of fainting from heat exhaustion. Adriana’s Vaporeon moves forward, gently dragging it back to safety and out of the line of sight of the cultists before using Aqua Ring, healing it and cooling its body with the refreshing water. The Linoone barely gives thanks before scampering away, trying to get as far from the cultists as possible. [break]

She turns to her companion again. “Look at them,” she whispers. “How can they do this? How can they think this is right?”

@amelia

Mission: Gaining Groudon (BWS)

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #78c5dc; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #78c5dc; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #78c5dc; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #78c5dc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #78c5dc; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #78c5dc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #78c5dc; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 19:01:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Amelia nodded, pressing a finger to her own lips as she followed behind Adriana. Soon enough, they reached a series of wild bushes. The pair pressed their heads through the undergrowth to peer down at the many people gathered beneath them. It was clear that the effect of their mission was damning not only the land around them, which looked dead and lost in drought. But, also the cultist themselves, as they seemed to be covered in sweat.

The young ranger pulled her head back out of the bush. As she did so, a poor Linoone stumped its way out of the bush and collapsed at their feet. Fortunately, Adriana’s Vaporeon was able to help the poor creature with a mix of Aqua Ring and its cooling water effect. Amelia’s hand contracted into a tight fist as what she saw, really struck the poor girl. “How can they do this. So selfish. So cruel,” she whispered, so only Adriana would hear her. “We need to stop them, as soon as possible.”

“Rotom, scan,” she whispered, as she pressed her head back through the bush. Her face was protected by the thick glass visor, which once more lit up with an emoticon-style face. A wistful sort of look crossed the spiked features of the Rotom’s form. “Scanning! Scanning! There is ten cultists, in sight. Unknown number in the distance! Many unidentified Pokemon also. Deep scan?”

“Not yet,” Amelia said, thinking hard. “I have a better idea.” She pulled a Pokeball from her belt and place it onto her flattened palm. “Let’s thin the crowd a little bit. You trust me right?”

The ball burst open to reveal a wild-looking, bright blue ball of feathers, sticking up at wild angles. Large wings outstretched and its head tilted to one side, ending with a long yellow beak. “Cramorant. Wanna help out?” Amelia bent down and whispered into the side of the bird's floof, where the ears might be.

The bird’s head tilted from one side to the other as it considered Amelia, and then it nodded twice, approving of her idea. Without another word, the Cramorant jumped up, flapping its wings wildly as it ran into the camp. It let out a raucous, screeching squawk, causing many of the cultists to turn their heads and the Pokemon to look quizzically at the mad bird. Not sure if to attack or to merely watch its antics.

Two of the cultists attempted to grab it, but it proved too slippery. Its movements are too wild and unpredictable. It let out another loud squawk and then ran in the other direction towards a large knot of trees. The sweating cultists, already worn out from the overwhelming heat, followed it. Their Pokemon followed behind as it vanished into the darkness.

“Well, that’s two down,” Amelia said, smirking. “Don’t worry about Cramorant. It’s perfectly capable of dealing with those smucks. Let’s deal with the rest. Any ideas?” She turned to Adriana and smiled brightly.

close tab

played by

Hazel

she/her
June 15
Pacifidlog Town
Bisexual
Ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adriana
Adriana Delmar
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 21:21:57 GMT
Adriana Delmar Avatar
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

She watches the cultists silently from behind their post, trying to come up with a plan of attack. She nods in agreement with Amelia, listening intently to her suit reading out the numbers. “Of course I trust you,” she says in response to her question. She smiles at her partner. “I'll never turn down less people to deal with.”[break]

However in its haste and despite it chasing away two of the guards, Amelia’s Cramorant had pointed out to the remaining eight exactly where the two of them were hidden. Their heads turn, right to the bush where the pair of them are hiding. [break]

If they haven’t been spotted already, it’s only a matter of time before the cultists are right on top of them. Her mind races, trying to come up with a plan to keep them safe and take the cultists out quickly. She’s not having a repeat of her last combat mission. Nobody’s gonna get hurt. She won’t let it happen.[break]

Quietly, she takes a ball off her belt and opens it up, revealing a crouching Ironclad the Carracosta. Adriana gives it some hand signals, including framing a large square in front of them and then pushing it forward, and the fossil Pokemon nods, understanding what her Trainer is trying to convey. She glances over at Schooner, exchanging nods with the Vaporeon to check her understanding too.[break]

Years of underwater missions have left her and her team experts at nonverbal communications, great for moments like these where they’re trying to stay hidden. But she has a partner, so she turns to Amelia. “Sorry about that… Ironclad is gonna defend us and we’re gonna move up and Schooner'll deal with their Pokemon.” [break]

She sighs. “Take out any resistance but be gentle. I don’t want to hurt anybody and we need them for questioning anyways. Does your suit have a way of restraining people?”

@amelia
[attr="class","rigidpokes"][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 11:07:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Stricken by her mistake, which may have cost them the mission. Amelia bent down to face her partner, her face having turned red from embarrassment. “I’m so sorry. This is all my fault.” Amelia said, a little tear in her eye. “I’m so sorry.”

Just as she said it, her Cramorant jumped out of the bush. Dragging with some difficulty, two unconscious bodies. Their faces and arms were covered in what appeared to be peck marks. The floofy blue head moved from side to side as it walked. Amelia said nothing, only patting the soft plumed head as it moved in closer to the girl, but lifted up its Poke Ball, and recalled it.

However, it appeared as if Adriana had her own plan. Hopefully, one that proved better than Amelia’s last. She threw a Pokeball, revealing a large, crouched turtle Pokemon that she didn’t know. “Scanning! Scanning!” Rotom said, automatically. The emoticon face appeared across the visor and then vanished. “Carracosta! The Prototurtle Pokemon. Water/Rock Type! Carracosta completely devours its prey—bones, shells, and all. Because of this, Carracosta's own shell grows thick and sturdy. Carracosta was once, considered an extinct Pokemon.”

As Amelia listened to Rotom’s explanation, Adriana was making hand signals at them. Giving them silent instructions, so it seemed. After a short time, she turned to Amelia to explain. “Oh okay, I’ll back you up,” Amelia said, trying to look more confident.

“No, but I have plenty of zip ties, should keep them restrained until we can get them to the authorities.” She made a silent mental note to add this ability in the future, however. “Eevee, Palpitoad. I need your help.” Amelia threw down two of her own Poke Balls. A small floofy Eevee appeared at her feet, it’s tails wagging excitedly as it looked up at Amelia. Then, the frog appeared, who looked stoic but confident. She had decided to leave the Cramorant where it was for now.

close tab

played by

Hazel

she/her
June 15
Pacifidlog Town
Bisexual
Ranger
cadet
20 height
20 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adriana
Adriana Delmar
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 19:15:46 GMT
Adriana Delmar Avatar
[attr="class","rigid"]

[attr="class","rigidw"]

Adriana puts a hand on Amelia’s shoulder. Oh no… She may have been a little harsh on the girl. This was her first mission after all, and Adriana telling her she messed up probably wasn’t helping with all the nerves. [break]

“Hey…,” she says softly, looking into Amelia’s eyes. “It’s okay. It wasn’t that big of a mistake, we would’ve gone out and fought them off anyways. And besides, look!” She gestures to Cramorant. “You still managed to fight off two of them while I was still planning! Not bad at all!”[break]

But the cultists are still drawing closer… Adriana knows they need to act soon. “But… I’ll tell you stories from when I was new later, alright? Right now we got work to do! Follow behind me and be safe.”[break]

She gives a nod to Ironclad, and the Carracosta puts up its WIDE GUARD, moving forward slowly as Adriana and Schooner follow behind. She points forward, and Schooner fires up a HYDRO PUMP at the approaching Torkoal, aiming to take out the Drought users before they deal with the Sunny Day ones. [break]

Schooner winds up and attempts to let loose, but the sunlight is too strong and the air is too dry, so what comes out is barely even a Water Gun. It lands in front of the Torkoal before sizzling away. [break]

Huh. She wasn’t really expecting that. That’s really bad. If her water moves don’t work… She thinks about bringing out Fluyt the Swampert but… she doesn’t want to cause too much damage with an Earthquake. What does she do… She only has Water types. [break]

But she has to keep trying. “Schooner, move forward with Quick Attack! Ironclad, keep up the defenses!” The Vaporeon follows the directions, slamming a Numel backwards and knocking it out as Ironclad blocks a Camerupt’s Lava Plume from hitting the group.[break]

Adriana turns to her partner. “Amelia, any ideas? My water moves aren’t working…”

@amelia
[attr="class","rigidpokes"][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sunny Day Shutdown
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 17:02:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Adriana went first. Using her Carracosta as a shield, to block oncoming attacks with its great defense. While her Vaporeon launched water attacks at the Cultist’s Pokemon. This, on paper, seemed like a good plan. But, thanks to the heat caused by the Sunny Day and Drought users, all of the water was evaporating – lowering their power to far less than needed.

Amelia was crouching behind the Carracosta which was taking a heavy hit from a Camerupt’s Lava Plume. Her young ranger partner turned to her, asking if she had a plan. Amelia paused, unsure if any of the ideas that were flowing through her head would work… or if they’d end up like the last one.

For a second, she merely looked at Adri, biting her tongue. Until, she said it. It rolled out of her mouth as a rushed thought. “I have an idea; a wild crazy idea! It might not work, but, we gotta do something. Right?”

Then, she looked down at her two Pokemon, who were aside from her. Momentarily safe from the barrage of flames and lava overhead and from down below. Eevee tilted her head and put a paw onto Amelia’s crouched leg.

“Even a weakened attack is more effective, when it's taken in a moment of surprise.”

Palpitoad nodded at her; the frog's tongue lulled from the mouth. It clearly understood exactly what she wanted it to do.

“Okay, then. We’ll give you an opening to launch an attack. You gotta take ‘em out in that moment. Also, you might want to cover your ears...”

Without another word, Amelia followed by her Eevee and Palpitoad moved from the shielding Carracosta and into open fire. “Eevee, can you keep them busy for a few minutes.”

The Eevee nodded again. As it dove into battle, using its Quick Attack to avoid attacks while sending golden stars soaring overhead. “Palpitoad, you got this!”

Just as Eevee was knocked backwards into Amelia’s arms by a powerful Take Down. After recalling Eevee and telling it how good of a job it did, Amelia pressed her hands over her ears.

Palpitoad opened its mouth and released a note of sound. A note so loud that it rippled backwards, sending small amounts of rocks and debris soaring up into the air. The Hyper Voice is amplified by Palpitoad’s drum-like, vibrating body. For just one second, everyone in the area was stunned by the sound.

Opening their defenses up to attack. The Numel, Camerupt and Torkoal paused their attacks for a single moment. Just in time for Adri's counterattack!