rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 4:35:52 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

”...Maybe I shouldn’t, actually…?”[break][break]

A question asked a bit too late, truthfully, but a question asked, nonetheless. Nerves. He knew he shouldn’t have been feeling them—not at the prospect of visiting family, of all things—but as the ghost of the doorbell he’d rung lingered within his head, he couldn’t help but find himself a bit…put off. He ran a hand through his hair, sighing.[break][break]

Resolved.[break]
…And then unsure all over again.[break][break]

More memories to be remembered. More awkwardness to be felt for stupid reasons, but as he’d barely turned around to begin contemplating, the familiar clicks of locks met his ears, prompting him to immediately glance over his shoulder.[break][break]

He stared for a moment before smiling softly and almost nervously, beginning to turn to further face the person at the door.[break][break]

”Ah. Uh. …Hey, Sister~.”

[break]
a dumpster fire as promised

close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
we fall in space, we can't look down, death may come, peace i have found.
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 16:28:15 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devon"]
[attr="class","top"]

family.[break][break]

oh, they'd been so close once upon a time. how she imagined they'd all walk their own paths but still stay connected to each other. they did the former but fell short on the latter.[break][break]

it's unlike stones to fail but in this instance, they all did.[break][break]

"brother."[break][break]

her gaze flicks up and down as she feigns indifference. after a moment, she reaches a hand up to hold his face, fingers brushing against the lines of the scar across his cheek and nose.[break][break]

"what happened here?"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rotom"]

[newclass=".devon"]--accent:#c19298; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 23:13:19 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

The nerves continued to eat at him for a time, only to be replaced by a sense of confusion as he watched her hand approach.[break][break]

Blinking, he stared at her with a look of processing before shifting hues of hazel to peer towards her arm, outstretched, and then towards her again. A soft chuckle left his lips as a more natural, uninhibited smile swiftly replaced the prior one of unease that preceded it.[break][break]

”Ahhh, that. Just a small little scuffle, really— don’t mind it~.” Not quite a lie, yet not the whole truth, at the same time. He hadn’t really the mind to linger upon it, and thus gave her hand a pat before gently attempting to wave it away, lifting the other as it clasped around a bottle, all the while. ”That aside, I hope you don’t mind the sudden visit! Just…wanted to drop by."[break][break]

Saying it’d been a while would’ve been an understatement, after all.[break][break]

He brought the bottle—champagne—between both of his hands, eying it with a softer smile before glancing towards her once more, holding it out.[break][break]

”...Wasn’t sure what you would’ve liked, but I figured it’d be good to bring some sort of gift, anyways~.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 2:10:28 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devon"]
[attr="class","top"]

a small little scuffle? ana doesn't quite believe that but she presses no further, letting her hand fall back to her side.[break][break]

"i don't mind at all. it's good to see you again after all these years."[break][break]

years, said so casually that it's a wonder if ana truly minds all that time apart.[break][break]

she leans on the door frame, not moving to let him in just yet.[break][break]

"champagne is good. but for the future, i prefer wine."[break][break]

a smile creeps as she finally takes a step back, allowing him into the safety of her home.[break][break]

"i'll get us some glasses to celebrate."

[newclass=".devon blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devon .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 2:43:25 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

He hadn’t realized he’d been holding such a heavy breath until it finally escaped him.[break][break]

Nerves. Nerves, nerves, nerves— it was a common, ongoing theme and occurrence in relation to the way he’d felt, but as the visual of her lips curling into that smile of equal parts blessing and cursing, a breath lifted his chest just as heavily as the prior had escaped it. With a weight lifted from his shoulders, he closed his eyes for a moment and gave a chuckle, smiling wider in defeat, himself.[break][break]

”Right. Duly, duly noted for future reference, Sister.” His nose scrunched lightly in a final bout of emphasis before he opened his eyes once more, casting hues of hazel towards her as he lowered the bottle and began to walk in.[break][break]

He nudged her softly in passing, quirking his lip in a faint, faux, smirking pout for a moment.[break][break]

”Glad to see the looks can still kill, though,” he sighed, clicking his tongue. ”I absolutely thought I’d somehow done something wrong— was seconds away from losing my shit on the inside, honestly~.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 2:59:29 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devon"]
[attr="class","top"]

"i know it can."[break][break]

after the soft nudge, she turns and returns one right back as she makes her way over to the kitchen of her penthouse apartment. she could've stayed at the estate, of course, but every now and then she prefers her own space.[break][break]

"good. serves you right for not calling all these years."[break][break]

she soon returns with two glasses fit for champagne.[break][break]

"i hear you've been busy with eventide."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 3:38:46 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

He stared after her as she walked off, a soft chuckle of a scoff escaping a faintly agape mouth.[break][break]

”Oh, come, now…! I didn’t frequently call, but at least I visited whenever I could…!” he called out, laughing. Humming to himself, he pursed his lips in thought before clicking his tongue a second time, beginning to fiddle with the cork of the bottle carefully. ”And at least I’m here now, right~? That’s gotta count for something, right…!”[break][break]

His eyes met hers as she returned— just in time for a light pop to sound before he pulled the cork loose. He took a couple of paces to branch the distance, holding a hand out to take and hold the closest glass towards him and beginning to pour.[break][break]

”Yeees— but just ‘busy’ is a very large understatement, though~...” he mused, another chuckling escaping his lips as he offered the full glass to her. ”Something, something, ‘a lot for a kid to handle.’ I heard that sort of thing a lot, but somehow, I thankfully made it work...”[break][break]

Another laugh.[break][break]

”...Not that I’ve been the only busy one. Two companies on your plate, though? Two?”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 14:15:14 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devon"]
[attr="class","top"]

it does count for something. his efforts had been more than anything she'd ever done, so it's unfair for her to hold them against him when she herself had done fuck all. it's why she lets the topic pass with a small breath of a chuckle.[break][break]

"that's right! two. you're falling behind, leo. stop slacking."[break][break]

champagne pours into glasses.[break][break]

"believe it or not, i never wanted to run devon."[break][break]

mulling it over for a moment, she shrugs.[break][break]

"but it needed to be saved."

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 15:56:36 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

Though the smile lingered upon his lips, there had been a subtle, idling calmness that prompted it to falter slightly. Jokes were always the farthest from lost upon him, and with the weight lifted from his shoulders within the midst of their conversation, he felt rather well about himself.[break][break]

…And yet, there was nothing but truth in what she said.[break]
He knew there was.[break][break]

”Mmn. That’s reasonable, considering it never was supposed to be yours to run~...”[break][break]

His eyes narrowed softly as he eyed the remaining glass with the same, idle expression prior to filling it and taking it for himself. While gentle and altogether indistinct, he tapped the tip of a finger against the slender, sheen reflections of his drink in thought.[break][break]

Whether it be for courage or for pleasure, he took a small sip, humming.[break][break]

Somewhat on that note, actually, I’ve…been wondering.” By no means had they been as prominent and provoked as earlier, but the nerves returned within the back of his mind, nagging. ”Was there a reason you weren’t there for…”[break][break]

He trailed off, unsure.[break]
He steeled himself with another sip.[break][break]

”...Y’know. That.”

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 9:19:05 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devon"]
[attr="class","top"]

the small roll of her eyes is meant in jest but leo is right: devon was never hers to run. it's a fact that still stings to this day even if she pretends it doesn't.[break][break]

speaking of things that sting...[break][break]

the funeral.[break][break]

her sip is cut short as she ponders over it in an attempt to find the right words to say to him. but what could she say besides the truth?[break][break]

"i didn't want to be there."[break][break]

she shrugs, oddly cold in her response.[break][break]

"i paid my respects after."[break][break]

only recently. years after.

close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 19:32:33 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

And just like that, the nerves returned to him.[break]
…Or maybe nerves hadn’t quite been the right word.[break][break]

Awkwardness, maybe. He had been more than aware that it was a topic that was…heavy, to say the least. Just like with others, thinking about the sort of possibilities regarding responses made him a little bit tense, so truthfully speaking, there was a sense of relief that came with such an honest answer.[break][break]

Relief that had only been balanced by the tone of her voice.[break][break]

”...Right…” he hummed softly at first.[break][break]

He swirled his glass gently with a pensive eye.[break]
His turn to gather the right words.[break][break]

”Was there a…reason why...?” he went on, only vaguely uncertain as the words left his lips. ”I always assumed it was from…discomfort? Grief? How it would’ve made being there unbearable?”[break][break]

After all, he had no way of knowing the happenings of people he hadn’t been in contact with.[break][break]

”...'Cause if I gotta be honest, I’ve…always wondered if something happened between you two,” the younger Stone continued. Quieter. Unsure. ”Obviously, I would’ve rather not considered it to begin with, but…”[break][break]

…It was just something he couldn’t help but think of when even family had chosen to be absent.

[break]
n o t e s

close tab

played by

noodles

ana
she/her
twenty-six
may 12th
rustboro
bisexual
devon & rotomtv ceo
civilian
72 height
72 height
awards
338 posts
ANA STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ana
ANA STONE
time flies [s]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 16:30:37 GMT
ANA STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devon"]
[attr="class","top"]

ana envies her brother at times. to be so blissfully unaware of the ongoings and politics within the family must be nice. she wishes she had the luxury. maybe things would be different now if she had.[break][break]

"it was resentment, honestly."[break][break]

she has never had a problem being blunt, especially so when it comes to family.[break][break]

"did you know he didn't want to come back? he said no at first when dad asked him. he wanted to stay in sinnoh, but dad eventually persuaded him."[break][break]

a sigh.[break][break]

"i told him he was an idiot."