awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 2:14:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she does not recognize herself. somehow her body craves old habits - running around with someone she shouldn't, fraternizing with what she's always said she hates the most. she needs time to breathe. time to think. time away from the person she's going to end up hurting after realizing he's not all bad and they're, in fact, very much the same. 

but one thing must be resolved. she'll turn to anyone now. anyone but him

in his city, she is careful. she tucks up her locks in a hat, throws sunglasses on, dresses herself in as many layers as she can get away with in the summer heat. she walks briskly. 

she'd requested an appointment early in the morning so she can leave this accursed city by sunset. unless the head professor can help her get what she wants most in this world.

she steps through the door, eyes searching, hand clasping the black scale on her neck. 
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 2:24:35 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

There are few people in the region that he has doesn’t have under his thumb. Whether it be financial, political, or business related, Eva has remained neutral. Chalk it up to her job or her personal relationship with Matias, but the only one she answered to was herself. Even the famed Head Professor kept a few things from The League’s prying eyes. After all, how good could they be when their solution to the problem is genocide?

[break][break]

It’s not good enough for her.

[break][break]

The early appointment arrives with a bright chime that echoes through the office. It’s quiet, her secretary hasn’t even arrived. The strong smell of fresh coffee buffets Freya’s senses just before the doctor appears with a steaming cup in hand, “You must be Ms. Morningstar,” she greets with an unusually bright smile for this early and a lack of caffeine.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]--accent:#a9d39d; --speech:#a9d39d;[/newclass]

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img"]filter:grayscale(100%); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 2:38:14 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

their political careers had passed each other like ships in the night so she's never been privy to the presence of doctor morales. the clinic itself tells her a lot - that she's warm. forthcoming. kind enough to turn the lights on and give in to freya's odd request of a meeting when the sun still hasn't risen. 

the coffee smells wonderful. it's something she misses. back under tapu fini's influence, its scent had overwhelmed her. those last few weeks, with fernando sharing her apartment, had been awful with his morning brew. even now, it's hard for her to choke it down. 

but that doesn't matter. she's restless these days. caffeine wouldn't help. 

her movements are still odd - she's an amalgamation of proper high class grooming and well over a year with every day spent fighting for her life. so her gaze flicks from the coffee mug to eva's face, back to the door - her exit, should the need arise. 

"dr. morales. thank you for agreeing to my terms." she gives an awkward half-smile, gesturing between the two of them. "you'll have to forgive my manners. i'm recently recovering from...well, we'll get to that, won't we?" 

she moves her hand, finally, and reveals the black scale. it sits in a glass bottle, stoppered with nothing but a cork. leather wraps around the neck of the glass. it's small, really. not what you'd expect from the behemoth she'd come nose to nose with. from studying it and comparing it to lyune's physiology, she's come to the conclusion that it may have come from near its eye. 
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 2:54:28 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It would be rude to not offer her nay of the coffee, especially after her gaze shifts between it, the professor, and the door, “Would you like some?” her gently raises the glass, careful to not let any drip over the full rim.

[break][break]

“And please, just Eva is fine,” she had never been one for formalities.

[break][break]

Despite this being their first formal meeting, Eva was slightly familiar with Freya’s political past. It was a treat to meet another brain she could pick over a cup of coffee, or tea, or drinks. Whatever the woman preferred.

[break][break]

What Eva wasn’t prepared for was the true value Freya brought to the table. The doctor nearly dropped her coffee when the black scale shimmered against the woman’s white skin. The professor’s eyes grow wide, stunned, “Ouch!” she hisses as the burning liquid breaches the surface and drips across her fingers. Eva takes a moment to wipe them off quick on her shorts before honing back in on the scale, “Y-Yeah, no problem, we can talk, uh, in my office,” Eva holds a door open for Freya, leading her through a treatment area and into a true office in the back with a desk and chair and a Shiny Meowth curled up in the corner.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

[newclass=".evaa"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:#111; padding-bottom:10px; border:1px solid #232323; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .top"]height:350px; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/q1Q4tR4/image.png); background-size:cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main"]font:12px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:25px 30px 30px 30px; border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main::first-line"]color:var(--accent); font:italic 12px/13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar"]background:#111111; text-align:center; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:1px solid #848484;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .pkmnBar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".evaa .ooc"]background:#171717; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; padding:20px; font:9px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:04:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her lips curl at the question and she goes to say no, but she startles at eva's response. her hand flies back up to the scale and she takes a couple of warning steps back, head tilted, fingers crawling upward to grace the necklace that adorns the hollow of her throat. the silver piece is befitted with her pokeballs - a gift from the morningstars. 

but there is no real danger and as soon as she can process this, she relaxes, albeit forcefully. 

she follows neatly after the professor and as soon as she's through the room, she shuts the door behind her. her gaze wanders over everything, assessing it all as she perches stiffly on the edge of the chair facing eva's desk.

"are you hurt?" she asks, looking down at eva's hands. "i didn't mean to startle you."

she shifts and gently takes the leather cord from around her neck. it pools in her lap, hands gripping the vial tight. 

"you have an inkling as to what this is then, yes?"
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:16:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva takes a seat behind her desk, a much more relaxed stance than Freya’s. Naturally that is the case considering they are in her own office. A soft laugh escapes her small smile as she peers down at the reddened skin on her hand, “Nah, I’m fine,” she’s had much worse, some of which is still visible as red linear welts across her bare skin, remnants of her encounter with .

[break][break]

A bright emerald gaze follows the vial as it falls into Freya’s grip. It’s not a look of desire or hunger, but one of curiosity and hope. Eva gently sips the coffee and sets it back down, “The black scale, I’ve only seen something like it in pictures during my research. It’s from a rare variant of Hoenn’s deity of the sky: Rayquaza. I've only seen it mentioned in one reference since I started my search,” but Eva wouldn't miss it if she saw it, she's far too invested in finding the dragon.

[break][break]

She leans closer, her gaze brimming with curiosity, “Where did you find that?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:29:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

with her suspicions confirmed, a bit of admiration trickles onto her expression. freya was a scholar once, a philosopher, and being in the presence of others with a heart belonging to knowledge was always a treat. some of that still lives within her. but that part of her is snuffed just as quickly as eva leans in. 

she tenses again. 

"it was gifted to me," she says. 

hesitates. 

with , it had been easy. everything had sort of just spilled out of her. chalk it up to it being fresh in her mind or her physical and mental exhaustion acquiescing into a flood of word vomit or something like that. but really, it's a matter of trust. she doesn't know eva morales.

and more importantly, she doesn't know her affiliations. 

but i need her. there's no on else, freya. no one else to help you.

"gifted by the avatar of alternate rayquaza. my alternate self." artemis

she is careful, then, about what she tells eva. she leaves out bits and pieces of it, namely those having to do with . about bringing him back. about that last night on the island. 

but she tells her about her journey and about their relentless pursuer, kyurem. about her alternate self, leaving out the details of artemis' sacrifice, explaining that she died to save her.

that she gifted her this scale and then freya met their rayquaza. her hand goes to the pokeball at her neck. "some of his energy is imbued in lyune, i think. he taught him a move i've never seen before."

when all is said and done, she looks expectantly at the professor. 

"do you really think...you can find it?"
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 3:50:21 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

This isn’t Eva’s first rodeo. She’s seen the defensiveness before in others like Freya. in particular. It’s understandable to not trust her, she’s a League Professor after all. Her loyalty lies with The League, but ultimately, it lies with herself and her true purpose. If The League fails to align with her morals, she will let them know. She did, in fact. Eva had every intention of submitting her resignation if Dahlia wasn’t open to finding another solution to their looming problem.

[break][break]

And so began her frantic search for answers and Rayquaza.

[break][break]

Eva listens to Freya’s marvelous story with enthusiasm, following along every detail like a winding road. Eventually, it lead to what she needed to know: Rayquaza is alive . . . as far as they can tell.

[break][break]

“That’s quite the adventure, Freya,” Eva would be jealous if only she knew of the true trauma Freya had experienced emotionally, “I am certainly trying,” Eva admits with a sigh, “It gives me hope to know it’s still alive . . . hopefully. So ,thank you for sharing that story with me. I appreciate your trust,” Eva’s never been one to let such a precious thing go unacknowledged.

[break][break]

“It’s not easy, there are a lot of moving parts, but with your help, perhaps we can,” Eva leans back enough to open the drawer in front of her to extract a piece of cloth, obviously folded around something. Gently, she peels away the layers to reveal a piece of Primal Quartz, “I have the stone that caused Rayquaza’s disappearance. With my research at our back, I think we may be able to tune into the frequencies that led to . . . well, the place it was teleported to,” Eva shifts uneasily before folding the cloth back over the stone, “It’ll be dangerous," as Freya knows better than any of them, "But . . . I believe it’s the best chance we have at not only saving Hoenn, but saving ourselves from making a terrible mistake,” she is referring to The League’s plan to send the meteor to Sea!Hoenn. The idea of destroying another universeof living things doesn’t settle well with her.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 14:07:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

there's a touch of envy in the professor's voice when freya finishes. she doesn't bother commenting on it. the gritty details, she'd left out. the loneliness, she'd left out. she's not here to repair herself. she's here to save the thing that saved her.

"it was in battle with that other pokemon. kyurem." she shudders. sleep eludes her now with the memory of that creature's growl echoing in her head. incessant and unrelenting. 

can she return there? to that empty, awful place?

"that place...i wandered for months and saw no one. nothing except the two that were there to find me. if there were ever a place to send a meteor, well..." 

not that she cares about sea!hoenn's oblivion. but she keeps that to herself. 
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 2:28:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Kyurem.

[break][break]

The name is familiar, passed in reading several times amongst other legends. It doesn’t mean much to the professor – but she tucks it away in her mind to dissect once Freya has left. If they were going to attempt to find the dragon, they may very well run into this beast again.

[break][break]

“An empty universe . . .” Eva mutter is over for a moment, “Well, almost empty,” other could have just as easily been transported there. Is that were Moltres disappeared to? Is that the place between world, a sort of Primal Energy purgatory?

[break][break]

More questions to tuck away for later.

[break][break]

“It sounds like a reasonable alternative,” Eva admits, leaning back in her seat. She gently guides the cloth covered stone back into the safety of her desk drawer where a hidden safe rests, “I’m putting together a team to attempt to recreate the circumstances in which Rayquaza disappeared. I don’t seek power, just its help. Hoenn comes first,” she’s clear with her intentions, and what she expects of Freya’s as well, “Considering you have met it, perhaps it will listen to you better than a stranger,” That’s why she divulges this operation to Freya, “I can’t guarantee it will work, it will be dangerous, and there is the possibility we my even face this Kyurem you speak of,” And have to defend Hoenn from it with their lives.

[break][break]

The last time someone played with dimensions, the Three Days War was the result. They may make things worse. But how much worse could things get with Sea!Hoenn waging its own war against them and a meteor scheduled to strike?

[break][break]

“If you accept these terms, you’re welcome to join our experiment. You won't be alone this time.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 3:00:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the marks on her neck, hidden neatly by the necklace piece that holds her pokeballs, burns at the memories that have resurfaced. freya looks down at the scale, listening but somewhere else at once. the room fragments and her vision skews; half-rotted skulls glean up at her, calling her home. 

almost empty. she wandered for so long with only her dragons for companionship. artemis and alexander claimed they were the only others, but was that true? is it possible that in that lifeless place, more people like her are hidden? trapped? 

that doesn't matter. what matters is she repay her debt. what matters is she saves this god that might just save them all. 

(and so she will throw herself onto another pyre, only this time her sacrifice will have meant something.)

"yes," she says. "i accept your terms." 

she loops the vial back around her neck. "i'll send you, in writing, the finer details of the world i walked. if you think it will help." she grimaces. "time was different there. i was trapped for well over a year, but only several weeks had passed here when i made my escape.

"the last i saw of rayquaza, it was in combat with the other dragon."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 3:23:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","evaa"]
[attr="class","pkmnBar"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Eva nods in return to her offer, “Yes, written details would be of great help,” the more she studies, the more she understands. This strange world holds mystery and dangers like they’ve never seen. To go willingly into it is reckless, but there is a greater purpose, a greater good.

[break][break]

Hopefully.

[break][break]

”Let’s hope it’s been able to keep its strength in this other world,” to perish so far from home would be unfitting of such a creature.

[break][break]

“Thank you, Freya,” for your sacrifice, for your bravery, for your willingness to fight for your home, “I will send you details once the plans have come together,” after a brief pause she adds one last thing, “This operation is sensitive, please do not share this with others,” they couldn’t afford media and public interference.

[attr="class","ooc"]

+

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,655 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 3:50:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she nods to her. then consider the journal done. it will be her main project for the next few days. in those lonely hours of the morning, when the rest of the world sleeps on, she'll curl over pen and paper, writing furiously as memories flash back. overwhelming. necessary.

she can only hope as well. but whatever variant of rayquaza that chose artemis didn't survive catastrophe either. her jaw sets. 

they can't make assumptions. there is only action

she stands, as this is clearly a dismissal. and the sun is rising anyway. the city is waking up. the front door tings and freya can only assume eva's receptionist has arrived. 

she adjusts her hat, adorns her sunglasses. eva's last request brings a smile on her face for the first time. she flashes teeth. 

"i wouldn't dream of doing anything to jeopardize this. call me when it's time."
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
ally [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 6:36:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: