Uno's Tracker

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Uno's Tracker
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 9:36:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Uno's Tracker is meant to: (1) Give a bit of insight into what my current writing style is like (when it's applied to Uno, in this case); (2) Give a bit of extra insight into Uno's personality. So I'll be showing those threads that are very good at showing off my writing style for Uno, and/or those that that are very good at showcasing Uno's personality.

AUXILIARY THREADS

WIPs, Scrapped Posts, and Spoilers will (if I ever make it) help with the two goals mentioned above. This is especially the case with the Scrapped Posts.

I'm Sorry, I Just... was a shaping up to be a great thread for Uno, in part because Uno's very very strange balance of dom-sub orientation in everyday action (which I mention below) showed its more sociable side in this thread. It was fun to write him in this thread in general, though. I've never written a female or fem character before, albeit Uno is still incredibly male-minded, so I suppose he doesn't count, but representing some of that brought out a kind of neat beauty in the writing. He is "the brilliant stag, shaped with the form of a doe".

CANON THREADS

One big question that I didn't have an answer for was, how would Uno respond if he feared that someone was a Team Rocket member but wasn't certain? The Hounds of Oldale gave me that answer by shaping Uno in a way that I never suspected. My guess was that he would just attack and risk death, and I was even working out how Uno might try to get away from Rex after the attack. But then Uno gave that "your view of me is well enough", and I said that's Uno, right there.

I wrote in the discord that he picked up my rather strange balance of sub-dom orientation in everyday action. Throughout the thread, he wants to make sure that Rex feels good about himself. He wants to secure Rex's sense of superiority over him, while also protecting himself, while not attacking back. Yet his replies can still easily be read like attacks. I can't explain how I pulled that off cause it's really strange to write.