calcite [c/dw]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 19:47:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the twin birds twitter irritably. they have to skip across the ground, talons brushing the earth, because there's little room in the cave for them to fly comfortably. but fenris knows better than to wander about a place like this without companions. 

"quiet, you two," he grumbles, but they don't stop their bickering. 

a trill rings out from teir left and fenris turns, startling himself when he comes face to face with a slick crystalline wall, his image distorted and scowling back at him.
close tab

played by

ceej

HoMac
they/them
December 29
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Strugglebus
Cadet
dead but rising,
awards
76 posts
howl mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @howl
howl mccoy
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 16:03:43 GMT
howl mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Howl clutches their Larvesta like an assault rifle, pointing Blais’ silky head off to the side, and holding the larvae’s hind end in their right hand. They aren’t super sold on caves and tight spaces but so far everything looks… okay, if not stellar.

Blais twitches his little legs and curls his body to gesture towards a corner. Something there. Howl nods, pressing their back against the rock, feeling the uneven points digging against their shoulder blades-- then, clutching their Larvesta a little too hard, they take a deep breath and whip round the junction--

--finding another human being.

“Oh, thank god,” Howl says, sagging slightly. “I thought you were something big and scary.” They perk up slightly as their reflection catches out of the corner of their eye. They come to stand next to the (cute) red-haired stranger (still holding Blais, but a little less white-knuckle).

“What’re we looking at?”

@fenris
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2022 20:59:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he raises a hand to his jaw and turns his head. that same scowl stretches to his eyes as he examines himself. the twin ravens hop over to the mirrored surface as well and peck at their doppelgangers. sharp tings reverberate around. thinking that whatever danger he thought they'd been in had passed, fenris puts his guard down. 

so he startles ridiculously so when someone whips around the corner. his shoulder slams into the wall as he avoids tripping over the squawking ravens. bright blue eyes narrow as a curse seethes out from him, hand flying up to stop the throbbing. 

"what?" where the hell did they even come from? the ravens tilts their heads, eyeing the larvesta quizzically. 

"you always sneak up on people like that?" he says, ignoring the question. 
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,028 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2022 5:06:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLEFKI APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRANKSTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY LOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAST RESORT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]@fenris

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GALLADE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] JUSTIFIED
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WIDE GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK GUARD

close tab

played by

ceej

HoMac
they/them
December 29
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Strugglebus
Cadet
dead but rising,
awards
76 posts
howl mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @howl
howl mccoy
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2022 16:19:27 GMT
howl mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Howl’s face falls as the stranger startles into the wall like a caged bird. “Jeez, sorry.” They drag a hand through their hair, fingers catching on faint tangles. “I only jumped out because I thought you were-- as aforemention, big and scary.” Not normal sized and pretty cute.

They set Blais on their hip, holding him like a loaf of bread, arm wrapped round his middle.

“Sorry about your shoulder.”

They turned to face the reflective wall, eyes following the faint lines in the mineral that bisected their face like seams in their skin. There’s a flash of something silver behind them, and they turn to find a Klefki, levitating, peering over them as though curious, themselves. Howl stepped aside to let the Key Ring Pokemon hover closer, but just as they did, they felt Blais growing warm under their arm. They released their Larvesta, who bolted forward with a belch of flame, slamming into the distracted Klefki and sending it flying backwards, clattering across the cave floor with the sound of dropped keys.

Blais dusted himself off and toddled back to Howl.

“God damn it,” they muttered, securing the Key Ring Pokemon in a Pokeball. “Sorry, bud. I’ll take you to a Pokemon center.”

catch attempt klefki
@fenris
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2022 23:59:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
his face is drawn. he's still scowling at himself in the reflection. but his eyes are on the newcomer now and the look on their face makes him soften. he doesn't mean to be an ass. he blames it on the dark circles under his eyes, the mess of his hair from where he's been knotting his fingers in it incessantly. 

he drops a hand now and goes to stick it out awkwardly towards the stranger, but then the larvesta in their arms gives a wiggle and leaps free. 

he watches the larvesta take down its opponent while huginn and muninn trill that they've found a larger section of cave. they stretch their wings, lifting off, circling and waiting for fenris to follow. 

"don't be too hard on the little guy," fenris says, looking down at the larvesta. "he did a solid job there." its commands could use some work, but that just comes with time, and the creature definitely looks small enough to be a juvenile. 

fenris turns. "it's alright, by the way. about the shoulder." great apology, fen.

he slouches to the side, a little awkward, and then the crows save him. he steps up the incline and looks into the cave they'd found, only to see the two birds duking it out with a gallade. 

"oh, nice." he scrambles up and gives a haphazard look back at his companion. "c'mon then. no sense running around this house of mirrors and scaring the shit out of each other again."

the corvisquire release a volley of blows, twisting and turning over one another. fenris calls a couple of commands out when he sees the gallade readying attacks and with his trainer's help, the crows make short work of the pokemon. 

fenris tosses a ball. 

catching gallade!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,028 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2022 4:51:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RHYDON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIGHTNING ROD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMACK DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NINCADA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIND READER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

ceej

HoMac
they/them
December 29
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Strugglebus
Cadet
dead but rising,
awards
76 posts
howl mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @howl
howl mccoy
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 20:54:52 GMT
howl mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Howl makes a face, lips pressing into a thin line. They don’t really think anyone should be applauding Blais’ scorched-earth policy, but, hey. Points for positivity?

“He’s just kind of an ass, sometimes,” Howl says, ruffling the fur on Blais’ larval head affectionately. “I wish he could do a good job without being an ass, though.”

Blais twiddles his little front feeties in a returned gesture of fondness.

“I’m glad your shoulder is okay,” but Howl looks up to realize that the stranger has moved on to find out what their Corvisquire’s are all up in arms about. They’re about to beat a hasty and awkward retreat when Fenris leans back and gestures them on.

“Oh… yeah, okay,” Howl scoops up Blais again and hurries after, catching up just in time to watch the corvids make short work of the Gallade. “Nice catch," Howl says, about to further comment on the teamwork and strategy when they feel Blais getting hot under their arm again. They drop him with a hiss as he flame wheels into a Nincada that had been watching them from the cave ceiling, dropping the little bug to the ground in a blackened, smoking, twitching mess.

“God damn it, Blais,” Howl hisses, collecting the downed Nincada in a Pokeball. “Please stop being a menace to the cave fauna.” Or at least give them a second to introduce themselves.

Blais just twiddles his feeties, gloating.

catch attempt nincada
@fenris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2022 17:49:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"ha, well," fenris starts, but breaks off in a laugh as huginn and muninn dive him, plucking at strands of his red hair. he waves them off and then grins at his new companion. "mine are kinda assholes too."

phae would be absolutely distraught to have been lumped in with mischief and mayhem. she prides herself on her put-togetherness, but fenris gets away with it anyway while she's stuck in her ball. even though this particular cave would be gracious enough for her wingspan, they'll probably end up moving on soon. 

fenris watches as the person's larvesta makes another break for it to flex on a nincada. a wave of warmth washes over them and fenris takes a couple of steps back. 

"think maybe he's feeling a little cooped up? my corvisquire get nasty when i don't exercise them enough." as though to emphasize his point, the crows squawk loudly and beat their wings at part of the rock face. 

only it's not the cave wall that they're attacking. a rhydon opens its eyes and grumbles lowly. one fist flies and catches huginn right on the back, smacking down the bird. 

muninn rakes her claws against the rhydon, but her attack inflicts little damage. fenris mutters under his breath and hurls stymphalia's ball out. the skarmory screeches as she emerges and dive-bombs the rhydon with a steel wing

the cave-dwelling dinosaur crumples, rock blown out from its shoulder. fenris winces and throws a ball. 

"err." he shrugs down at his companion. "so, uh, what's your name? i'm fenris. and that murder-bird there is stymphalia. i'd keep blais away from her if i were you," he says with a chuckle.

catching rhydon!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,028 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2022 6:29:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GLISCOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FEINT ATTACK

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RIOLU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PRANKSTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FORCE PALM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FORESIGHT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]METAL CLAW

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

ceej

HoMac
they/them
December 29
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Strugglebus
Cadet
dead but rising,
awards
76 posts
howl mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @howl
howl mccoy
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 15:24:56 GMT
howl mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Howl’s displeasure at his Larvesta’s Scorched Earth policy when it came to wild Pokemon turns into a wobbly face of forced solemnity, before dissolving completely into (polite) giggles as Huginn and Muninn pick and prod at Fenris’ (glorious) red hair.

“Cute, though,” they say, eyes locked on the flurry of bird, taking careful action to not look Fenris in the eye when they said it.

Blais twitched his little larval legs as though insisting he was cute, as well. “Yes, you menace,” Howl allows, shifting him to rest better against their hip.

Fenris’ point about being cooped up makes Howl frown in earnest. God, are they bad at this? This Pokemon training thing? It’s a terrifying thought that almost makes them drop Blais like a stone. “Mmmmaybe,” they allow, face half a wince, sounding slightly pained. They set the larva on the ground as though to demonstrate that they’re not stapled together at the hip, and, in turn, tries to ignore the spike of anxiety that stabs through them, hot and yellow, at the separation.

Co-dependant, much?

It’s a short-felt thing as the angry Rhydon crushes one of Fenris’ Corvisquire (Howl can’t quite tell them apart) into the cave floor. “Oh no!” Howl gasps, seconds before Fenris’ Skarmory bursts forward and fills the cave with loud, echoing screeches, and the clangor of metal against rock. The silence that follows is deafening, and Fenris’ voice is clear like a bell.

When prompted, they say “I’m Howl,” hoping it’s a regular enough volume under the ringing in their ears. At the mention of Blais they start, and look around, realizing he’s wandered off while they were distracted with the Rhydon fight. They open their mouth to call for them but there’s a belch of flame and a yelping sound as out of the darkness in the cavern beyond a Riolu comes shooting out on a wave of fire. It hits the ground hard, smoke rising off its tail, and then struggles to get up. Howl looks at Fenris, shrugs, and zaps it with a Pokeball.

“You’d be amazed at how well he can hold his own. He’s a lot tougher than I am, that’s for sure.”

catch attempt riolu / sorry about the wait
@fenris
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 23:20:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
huginn picks at his sister's feathers, prompting her to get up, but she doesn't. fenris goes over to assess the damage, crouching down beside the corvisquire. her wing is busted, probably dislocated, and fenris apologizes softly before planting his thighs on either side of her and popping it back into place. 

she screeches, coming to at the intense pain, but her flutters at least let fenris know that she'll be alright. he pulls out her ball regardless and returns her, promising that he'll get her properly looked at soon. he recalls stymphalia as well; the skarmory is too large to easily traverse the caves. 

huginn turns at the sound of more fighting and croaks a throaty laugh when howl's larvesta makes quick work of another pokemon. fenris laughs alongside him. 

"i fear the day he evolves," fenris says. "you battle much? not that i'm looking for a match right now and i'm fairly certain blais might just melt stymphalia." granted, despite the type advantage, fenris has a feeling he may be able to outperform howl as a trainer. 

they just need to work on their confidence. 'cause at the end of the day, they're doing something right if their pokemon can handle an environment like this so easily. 

skipping
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,028 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2022 1:31:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COMBUSKEN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BLAZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MIRROR MOVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KROKOROK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ANGER POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POWER TRIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SLAP

[break]
CAUGHT THE RIOLU!

close tab

played by

ceej

HoMac
they/them
December 29
Lavender Town, Kanto
Pansexual
Strugglebus
Cadet
dead but rising,
awards
76 posts
howl mccoy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @howl
howl mccoy
calcite [c/dw]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2022 18:53:11 GMT
howl mccoy Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Howl watches Fenris administer his battlefield first-aid with a pained wince that turns into them just squeezing their eyes shut. It’s too much-- the visceral noise of torn muscle and ligaments, the grind of bone on bone. Like a wormhole to Kanto will spring out of the sound and teleport them back.

“Yeah, me too,”
they said, voice a match for the sickly pallor of their skin. “And, not really. Not if I can help it.” They run a hand through their hair, breathing through the latent flashback-induced nausea. All of their Pokemon’s skills have come from survival.

There’s a noise like a feather pillow being whomped against something and Blais gets kicked forward by a Combusken that’s suddenly there. The Larvesta flips end over end and hits a wall without so much as a squeak. A flash in the dark cave reveals Sequera dashing forward to knock the Combusken back with a Night Slash; she drops to a crouch and spins, kicking the Young Fowl Pokemon’s legs from underneath them and flopping them on their back in the dirt.

Howl bounces a Pokeball off the Combusken’s chest before it can get up.

“Thanks, Sequera.”

catch attempt combusken
@fenris