awards
22 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lethe
Lethe Ascelin
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 12:17:49 GMT
Lethe Ascelin Avatar
Lethe is tired. And bored. The day hadn’t been too interesting so far, lots of nothing, so they’d decided to pop by headquarters. They’d been nearby, after all. Maybe it’d be a good opportunity to meet other Rockets, as they so desperately needed. They knew the point of many members was to stay hidden, but the fact that so many were so good at it made it difficult to meet anyone. Networking was needed.

It was only just about noon (though to Lethe it felt much later; their proclivity for all-nighters would do that), so they’d just stay for lunch, observe and try to meet who they could, then be off again. Seeking the next job.

Sitting themself down at a table with their paper-bagged lunch, they took the chance to take a quick glance around. They wouldn’t bother staring; that felt like it could be a bad idea, especially being new.

+

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2022 16:25:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
When you spent your days wandering all around the region, familiar faces were hard to come by. It's why Isaac made a point of committing the ones he did recognize to memory.

Not that recognition was always easy at the Rocket HQ, of course. Sure, some Rockets were out and about, proud of who they were, but many had the good sense to keep a healthy work-life balance. Being a Rocket worth recognition put a target on one's back, after all. Isaac was in the latter company, his face safely masked and his build hidden beneath his leather jacket. All he had to do after was muss his hair up in a slightly different fashion from usual and, boom. Nobody'd put 2 and 2 together!

That said, Isaac would have recognized that white hair and eyepatch anywhere.

As a fellow freelance does-whatever-she-wants-er, Lethe and Isaac crossed paths quite a bit in recent memory. There were only so many cities in Hoenn, and only so many odd jobs, dares, and challenges out there to do. However, he certainly didn't expect to see her here of all places. In his mind, he'd been the only one to give up on that lifestyle. In a way, it was nice to know he wasn't alone.

He put his tray down at Lethe's table, casually sitting across from her. "The gig economy's been going downhill for you too, eh?" he asked, the slightest hint of a teasing smirk on his face.

close tab

played by

labyrinth

Alethea
they/she
december 21
ballonlea
lesbian
freelance job-runner
grunt
we are stood, and somehow calm, inside the madness of this storm
awards
22 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lethe
Lethe Ascelin
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 5:52:11 GMT
Lethe Ascelin Avatar

Waiting, waiting, and suddenly… they spotted someone. Or rather, they had been spotted by a familiar face — one they hadn’t necessarily expected to see here, but whom they couldn’t be too surprised at the presence of. Isaac, someone they’d met a few times before while on jobs or seeking them.

Another person-for-hire, being in Rocket… sure, it made enough sense. After all, Lethe’s own loyalties had strayed here quickly enough.

“Ah, you,” they greeted him. Then hesitated for a moment at his question, and chose to ignore the smirk.

“That’s one way of putting things, I suppose,” they answered. Things had been slightly rougher in recent times, jobs getting a bit rarer, and Lethe wasn’t one to give up an opportunity where they saw one. And Rocket had offered.

“That’s why you’re here, then?”

They’re curious, they’ll admit, as to what his motivation for being here is. They may be new, but Rocket didn’t exactly seem like something people joined for fun. As far as they knew, it was brutal; a risk they didn’t see people taking lightly, if they knew what was good for them.

…Though, honestly, they weren’t sure if Isaac knew what was good for him; they hardly knew the younger man, but in their personal experience, not knowing those things and running jobs would often go together.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2022 6:05:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac's question was turned back on him by his old acquaintance. "Well," he said, thinking back to what happened the last time he crossed Rocket's path on the opposite side. Sure, they didn't directly press gang people into service anymore. But strongly worded recommendations and agreements gone bad? Technically, nothing in the rules against that![break][break]

"Let's just say it came highly recommended."[break][break]

He eased into his chair a little, looking around the room. "I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice the perks real fast, though," he admitted. "Good companions, if your cohort's not full of a bunch of psychos. A roof over our head, even if it's literally underwater. And more square meals than we had a day while hoofing it. It's just, y'know. The everything else."[break][break]

Still, he wasn't here to talk business. That was no way to catch up with an old friend! "So, how've things been treating you lately?" he asked, the easygoing grin right back on his face.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

labyrinth

Alethea
they/she
december 21
ballonlea
lesbian
freelance job-runner
grunt
awards
22 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lethe
Lethe Ascelin
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 9:16:33 GMT
Lethe Ascelin Avatar

“Huh. Five-star reviews, then.” Lethe nodded in response to his reasoning. Fair enough, they figured.

They made themselves lean back slightly as he sits, less on-guard. Lethe hadn’t even realized how tense they were until they tried to relax.

The question’s a simple one. “Fine,” they answered, before considering that just maybe they needed to add more than a simple fine. “Been busy, I’m sure you know how it is. This and work, not leaving me much time for other things.”

Truth is, Lethe doesn’t have other things to dedicate their time to. But admitting that is just pathetic, so they decided to omit it. Isaac didn’t need to know.

“And you?” They asked after a moment, remembering their all-too-frequently forgotten manners. Not that they think it helps much — they realize shortly after saying it that they sound more like an interrogator than a friend. “Been good, I hope?” They tack on at the end, hoping it aids.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2022 16:21:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Busy, eh? Isaac took a second to think about how his June had been going. Mew-Man, Avatars, science projects gone wrong, pitfall traps in the middle of Route 101, knife-fights with cultists, memories of home hitting far too close for comfort, and most dangerously of all, swarms of small childrens. "Yeah. I get that," Isaac said, feeling like he'd aged half a year just from reminiscing about it all. "Never a dull moment here on the sub"[break][break]

How was Isaac this fine afternoon, anyway? Well, he wasn't actively on fire. That was a plus. He also finally had more direction in life than "none at all." So far, so good! And all it took was some hard work, some smarts, and enough cognitive dissonance to ignore the horrible things propping it up in the background.[break][break]

Maybe it was better not to focus on that.[break][break]

Instead, he grinned, reclining back in his chair some. "Oh, y'know. Same ol', same ol'," he said. "Keeping my head above water best I can. Though at least now I've got a sick ride backing me up." That's right, he finally bought that clunker of an Orre bike he kept insisting he'd save up the money for. Seems the Rocket life lead to some pretty quick results.[break][break]

As he spoke, Isaac slipped a little bit of food under the table. One loud CHOMP later, it was gone. So was half of Isaac's fork. "Watson says hi, by the way."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST! /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

labyrinth

Alethea
they/she
december 21
ballonlea
lesbian
freelance job-runner
grunt
awards
22 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lethe
Lethe Ascelin
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 22:20:58 GMT
Lethe Ascelin Avatar

“Sounds like you’re doing well for yourself, then. Congrats" They paused for a moment. "‘Sick ride’?” Lethe asked. That could mean anything, from a collected Pokemon to a new car. Though they weren’t sure how Isaac would be able to afford a new car, given that Lethe certainly couldn’t.

Again, jobs had been slower recently, and with that came the fact that money was slower. Which wasn’t the biggest deal; Lethe was used to their income coming and going, but things had been going this way for a longer period than she was used to. And Rocket hadn’t exactly afforded them any wonderful opportunities so far. They were beginning to wonder where everyone else found these great chances within the organization; no matter how hard they struggled, they seemed unwilling to come to them. Not to mention that networking was not their strong suit.

But that was something to worry about later, they supposed, not in front of someone else. Keeping up appearances, or something, just like their parents had taught.

They’re distracted once more soon enough. Lethe wasn’t sure whether Isaac had been attempting to be subtle about giving whatever was under the table some food. A loud bite noise gave it away, so any attempt had more than failed. “Who’s Watson?” They lean back, attempting to catch a glimpse of whatever is under the table.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 23:46:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Heh. Thanks," Isaac said, flashing a grin his companion's way. "Just you wait. I bet those winds're gonna blow your your way, too. Let me know how it goes once you hit your big break, eh?"[break][break]

At the question of what he meant by a ride, his grin took a turn for the prideful. "Check it out," he said, pulling up a picture of his bike on his phone and flashing it Lethe's way. The bike . . . yeah, that sure was an Orre import, alright! Rugged and rough looking in a way that some found hideous, others (like Isaac, clearly) actually found kinda cool. It looked well maintained, at least, even if even the best-kept Orre bike looked rather ramshackle. "Knew a guy who was offering me a killer deal. What better way to celebrate the good fortune, y'know?"[break][break]

Join Team Rocket. You'll have enough money to buy a motorcycle, and it'll only take working yourself to the bone all summer. Clearly, Isaac had a future in propaganda.[break][break]

At the mention of Watson, Isaac couldn't help but grin. "Watson, my Totodile," he explained, reaching under the table to pull the hungry little guy up. His eyes were closed in contentment as he dabbed at a corner of his mouth with a napkin in a surprisingly dignified fashion. It'd look more dapper if not for the fact that he kept patting the same spot, ignoring all the rest of the food on his face. Upon noticing Lethe, the Totodile gave them a cheerful bark in greeting.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]257 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lunchtime run-in [s]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 21:18:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights